Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:05:05 PM

Bitcoin is an asset or currency? both ofc
bitcoin is cryptocurrency and very great asset
bitcoin have good future and the price will always increase
No, to be honest, nothing has the concept as "always" or "forever". In my opinion, everything has the value in a cycle. Depend on the cycle is long or short time, it will be exist until the world make it be died someday.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:09:53 PM

Can be used as both - it is up to you to decide how you want to use Bitcoin. It has tons of uses.
Sweeet123

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:38:52 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin can be treated as both asset as well as currency, asset because you keep investing in it to get good returns in the future and it can be a good currency since it is secure and decentralized
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:45:38 PM

for now bitcoin is an asset but in the future more people will use it and then bitcoin will be a corrency

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:50:55 PM

For me bitcoin are both asset and currency. Bitcoin is a tangible asset that we are able to invest it online. Bitcoin also a currency,a digital currency that we use to earn money online and we use it for any online transaction.
I think bircoin are both asset and can be use when you exchange it in currency in your country. Bitcoin can be asset because it can be able to use when you investing and currency when you use it as payment in online or can be currency when you exchange it, then use for your financial support.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:52:33 PM

I think Bitcoin is a both asset and currency though digital. It is asset because it has a  value which has liquidity  and also it a store of value in that you can sell your precious stone and use the  money to buy bitcoin for holding and sell off when your desired price is activated.
meringueberry

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:50:15 AM

It is actually both. Currency because you can use it to purchase things, but also an asset since you can let it increase by making transactions in the market.
faadhilah

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:07:44 AM

I hear from many sources that BTC is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I think it can be used as assets and currencies. Because of the Bitcoin can be an asset of the future and can also be used as currency as the transaction online.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:14:48 AM

Bitcoin is also an asset and currency. Bitciin can also do both it depends on who want to use it. If you use it now to good and service is a currency but if you hold it for sometimes and it appreciates it become an asset. It depends on the holder
barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:19:03 AM

Bitcoin is now on its way to becoming a reserve currency like dollars and gold. I am talking about bringing the Lightning network to Bitcoin, and I think that most of the criticism of the issue will be solved and bitcoin will be in an unquestionable position.
Alexandr210774

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
This is the first decentralized digital currency
moetimas

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:14:16 AM

Basically bitcoin is a digital currency, this being one of the reasons why bitcoin is made. The advantage of bitcoin is peer to peer transaction, because it can be done by two people without requiring third party. It is undeniable that currently bitcoin is not only used as a currency, but can be an investment or asset, but it all depends on each individual level, how they assess the bitcoin function.
mejalipat

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:19:28 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a valuable asset and very profitable for the future, unlike other assets, the bitcoin is very fast to grow.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:21:56 AM

For me it's a hybrid of both an asset and a currency. It generates me wealth and can be spendable for goods and services so it's a currency that can be exchanged.

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

I don't find it a bad thing at all. By the mere fact that it is being traded, it means it is like some form of a security that is expected to grow and fall in prices. That is why it is being treated as a form of asset for some because the general trend of the movement of Bitcoin's value is really rising. This is not bad at all. Satoshi would not have considered this if he had known that this will put Bitcoin in a bad spot. Nothing to do about it. Let us just continue to hold while spending some.
sudzee2196

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:35:10 AM

Both according to me......its a currency which is increasing day by day so u can invest a small amount of money into it and keep it as an asset.
emondot

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:46:15 AM

bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. Himself said, until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace the currency recognized as a payment system in a country that has not approved bitcoin as a means of transaction. because most countries still use their currency as the main tool in use to transact.
DByte

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

Its both an asset and a currency right now. It will most likely become more of an asset and other cryptocurrencies will be currencies because of fast and cheap transactions.
albertcrypto110

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:24:48 AM

Bitcoin does not have the fundamental attributes needed to be a currency as it is a string of code generated by complex algorithms... But I do not deny that virtual currencies have technical value and are a type of asset.There seems to be a greater possibility that they [cryptocurrencies] will become central to our financial lives.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:06:06 PM

For me it's a hybrid of both an asset and a currency. It generates me wealth and can be spendable for goods and services so it's a currency that can be exchanged.

This is the most accurate estimation about bitcoin. It's neither a currency, nor an asset. The combination of these two, coming up like a hybrid model to the modern economics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: