Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
genology

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:15:34 AM

It is actually both. It depends on how you're using it. For me, It is an asset since I use it as investment. I never tried to buy something out of Bitcoin but soon I will.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:15:41 AM

Bitcoin for me is a currency definitely I cannot say that this can be an asset, this is a thing that the value is fluctuating. This may come so high in a blink and can rapidly decrease its value. But somehow we can also make this as an asset because this thing has a “value”. The only problem if you will make this as an asset is bitcoin has no fix value. We cannot make sure that if we have a great number amount of bitcoin we also have a great amount of money as its value varies.  

Bitcoin is a virtual currency, bitcoin in the market have a higher recognition, the recent appreciation of larger.

we already know that bitcoin is a virtual currency but that is not the question all about because op is asking if bitcoin is an asset or a currency. i think bitcoin is both an asset and a currency because bitcoin can be used  in both worlds. bitcoin is also a multi universal tool because it can do many things aside from being a payment system and an investment asset because it uses a state of the art technology that is called blockchain.
viarathel

Activity: 243
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:54:22 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is a very valuable asset because of the limitations of Bitcoin itself and why it can be said to be an asset because Bitcoin can be invested so it can be very useful and will be able to guarantee a person's future life if one can use it as well as possible.
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:50:04 AM

my opinion on bitcoin is an asset or currency to explanation the value of asset has invested in bitcoin profit.the bitcoin backers convinced this boost value in value makes bitcoin a more crediple currency, that it is sign of the cryptocurrency 's strengh.will
make profitable are asset or currency sued to bitcoin system.the digital currency of world asset to business are btc.a stable currency
value is the key to investment of future earnings.
dedens212

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

I think bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or also called digital assets,
because if bitcoin used as a means of payment will make users difficult to transact,
until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace the currency recognized as a payment system in any country. Smiley
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:16:36 AM

Paper currency can be used for transaction and if you put that in bank or invest in anything is like asset, same way bitcoin can be used for transactions and if you want to keep it then it is an asset. The advantage is paper currency gives 5% to 6% maximum returns through bank for a year but bitcoin gives up to 300% returns. That is the reason bitcoin is spreading like fire throughout the world.

droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

I think bitcoin is a currency because it is worth exchanging with cash in the world. I believe in the future bitcoin can completely replace cash and become the common currency of the world. Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market are falling deeply, this is the best time for you to invest in bitcoin this year, it will be difficult to see the current bitcoin prices in the near future.

think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
According to many experts, bitcoin is neither a property nor a currency. Bitcoin currently has some unacceptable countries, and bitcoin is also not officially used in transactions, merchandise. But some big Japanese companies now accept bitcoin. And the transfer of football players in Turkey also used bitcoin payment. In the future bitcoin will replace the cash completely.
jops

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

For me i choose both asset and currency. We all know that bitcoin is a currency, a decentralize currency or a virtual money. A virtual money that may convert into real money. Bitcoin is a asset also because of its high price and high value. Bitcoin is a best sample of a good asset to be own in our life. It is profitable.
Anna567

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:48:33 AM

It is a virtual currency that can be traded into assets, but it is not in itself an asset.
pl8

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:04:35 AM

it is both a currency and an asset at the current time Grin Grin
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

why you say it is a bad thing? because its price tends to increase, in the end, bitcoin is regarded as both. many are making use of bitcoin as an Easy-to-Use Transaction Tool and Investment Option in the Digital Age as it is today.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:28:38 AM

Bitcoin is considered as an asset of other people because of its value that keeps on increasing as the time flies. Paper money can be used for transactions, but bitcoin is also can be used and it is more convenient to use, but as of now, the fee using crypto currencies is very expensive but it won't take much of your time. Therefore, bitcoin is an asset and currency for us.
samcun

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:33:37 AM

my opinion: BITCOIN is an asset and currency that a person can collect for the future whenever we need it. This is also a big investment for me right now. I can use Bitcoin as an asset and currency (virtual)

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:22:34 PM

Bitcoin is considered as an asset of other people because of its value that keeps on increasing as the time flies. Paper money can be used for transactions, but bitcoin is also can be used and it is more convenient to use, but as of now, the fee using crypto currencies is very expensive but it won't take much of your time. Therefore, bitcoin is an asset and currency for us.

that's right, I think most people think bitcoin is as an asset because the value is increasing from year to year. But if as currency, sometimes we are still limited to using bitcoin as payment, because there are still many pros and cons in each country about legitimate bitcoin can be used as payment. I myself still rarely use bitcoin as a currency or to pay for something, because in my country bitcoin is a currency that is forbidden for transactions.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

Unless you use crypotocurrency for national transaction, I am sure no service can provides better currency to sending money with cheap fees than Bitcoin, it is the truth. You can compare Paypal to cryptocurrency, but you have to know Paypal has many limits when using Wink.
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

Unless you use crypotocurrency for national transaction, I am sure no service can provides better currency to sending money with cheap fees than Bitcoin, it is the truth. You can compare Paypal to cryptocurrency, but you have to know Paypal has many limits when using Wink.
Actually bitcoin can be considered both as an asset and a currency.Since bitcoin is a leading cryptocurrency,the price of bitcoin is very high.So people who do not have bitcoins buy bitcoins and hold them for future price rise.Here bitcoin is acting like an asset.Transactions are also being through bitcoin and people spend their bitcoins for their daily uses.Here it is like a currency.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:33:54 PM

It can be said that Bitcoin is a currency but on the other hand it is also a property of its owners - asset.
Quazi1107

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:38:08 PM

Mainly bitcoin is a currency but you can use it your asset.
Francissco12

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:24:16 PM

The classification of bitcoin as a financial asset still raises much confusion in the minds of those who have been unable to effectively understand the magnitude of the revolution that the digital currency is causing in the world. Bitcoin has asset functions, is one of the good qualities that bitcoin has and is that it has a number of qualities that allow investors to operate, invest, acquire products, pay for services, among many other monetary activities. Is it high risk? Probably yes, it can be a product of speculation and this would affect us all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: