Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8516 times)
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

I think that it is still asset, maybe it will be altered in the currency but now it has more features of asset than features of currency.
ryanto siyanto

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:27:29 AM

Bitcoin can be an assets or a currency depending to its purpose. Bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used in trading or to buy stocks. Bitcoin is an assets since its value is volatile and unpredictable, but originality it is a digital currency.
I agree with your opinion because this is the official currency in a country that can be an asset and a means of payment. Bitcoin also has the same properties, it only has digital or abstract characteristics. Unlike the official currency of a concrete country.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

bitcoin is basically a currency but we can also invest in it as an assets because its value is rising day by day.
CrystalPham

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:39:17 AM

As a currency trader and computer addict of the self-proclaimed economy, I think defining Bitcoin as a currency is quite simple. For something called currency, traditionally it should be a means of exchange, a means of storing value, and a measure of value. As a medium of exchange, Bitcoin is up to standard; When the first pizza was bought with Bitcoin, it satisfied this condition. As a means of storing value, Bitcoin lacks a bit of standard - erratic price fluctuations that make it difficult for Bitcoin to become a reliable storage facility. Finally, as a measure of value, this is still controversial. Currently, there are no products or commodities whose value is expressed in Bitcoin units, but this is changing rapidly.
BTCBTCBTC
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:43:47 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin can be considered as asset and currency. There are many wealthy person who are investing their money to the bitcoin because they are aware how profitable is the bitcoin.
Dulanjaya

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:49:12 AM

I think bitcoin is an asset, because the estimation of bitcoin keeps increasing. If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more benefit while you offer it. Also bitcoin is an crypto currency.
blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:09:33 AM

Bitcoin is asset  we cant completely consider it as currency bitcoin is asset-based investment whereas a currency we cant buy we so much of transactions fee and volatility of price so we can store for higher growth
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:25:16 AM

I think Bitcoin is more of an asset. A very volatile one that fluctuates a lot as it can easily be manipulated.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:34:07 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I would say bitcoin still functions as a currency and an asset. At first, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is to use it as a digital currency, bit due to its value that continue to rise over time, people consider  it as an opportunity  to gain profit. So that how it begins to be an asset. On the other hand, since people really do need money to survive, some will use it as a currency to buy things or covert it to fiat so it can be bought by the things they need. Bottomline, though  some consider it as an asset, some also prefer to use it as a currency.
I agree to your points raised. Bitcoin functions as both currency and an asset. It is an asset because one can reap profit out of Btc investment for considerably long period of time and a currency because it facilitates exchange
CONOFLEX

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

at the moment is mine a asset,because i reinvest it because i want to make more money,later i will buy  stuff for me.you can also say it is a currency, its  only a virtual currency.
Bitcoinismylife12345

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:06:27 AM

Bitcoin creators goal is to make a digital currency and make a transactions anonymous, permisionless, fast and cheap. Because its system is too good and developed as the day passes, little by little it became also an asset.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:12:12 AM

For me, bitcoin is a little bit of both since bitcoin is one of the most controversial thing that happened since iPhone. It is still a currency because of the fact that we can use it in any transaction that caters bitcoin. It becomes an asset because it's volatility range allows it to be profitable with the right strategy.
It is true, it can function as a currency and as an asset at the same time. It just totally depends upon the person who is using it, whether they like investing in bitcoin for long term and wait until they're profitable or maybe some of them wants to engage in trading using different exchanges sites in order to earn more of it, just like using a currency.
moetimas

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:18:10 AM

it is already inevitable that currently bitcoin is more prominent as an asset or investment. although basically bitcoin is created as a digital currency, but with its rapidly changing price fluctuations, it is used by people to trade as well as assets.
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:19:47 AM

It's better as a currency, as the rates are fluctuating you'd be better off spending it as and when you earn it. It's also a great investment as the rate of return is simply remarkable so based on your current situation you can use Bitcoin as an asset or as a currency. If communities as a whole accept it it's regarded as a currency.
Yes bitcoin most know as a digital currency and one of the currency that gives more satisfaction. Interms of asset i can say that the asset is that those investors and user's  that gives there trust to bitcoin and also one of the asset of bitcoin is that ico which commonly used by users as part of there way to earn money.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:21:12 AM

Bitcoin is asset  we cant completely consider it as currency bitcoin is asset-based investment whereas a currency we cant buy we so much of transactions fee and volatility of price so we can store for higher growth
With patience then our scenario will come true, when we buy bitcoin then the main purpose is to sell at a high price someday, and it takes time so to get big profit we are not easy to panic.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:23:27 AM

I think bitcoin is an asset and also a currency because if we invest in bitcoin then it can be our assets and we can also use bitcoin as currency to make payment, of course as digital currency
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

For me it is currency because you can use it for payment in any items or services over the internet. It is digital currency, which is much comfortable to use it because you don't need any physical form of money anymore.

Yeah I agree that bitcoin is a digital currency that you can use bitcoin as payments in the internet but due to it's volatility the price can rise higher and many people will hold their bitcoin hoping that the price will be higher to gain much profit on it. By holding their bitcoin it is now a form of asset in a long term investment. So, it's both a asset and currency.
svendoto23

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:58:31 PM

It is clearly both it can be your asset to store your money on some address and it can be your personal bank with ease and can easily access it anywhere and trade/send money anywhere. And you can use it as currency if you want to send or use it as payment on what you buy or eat in some of the establishments that are accepting bitcoin as a payment method.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Shuvrofpro

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:30:49 PM

Its my opinion that, bitcoin is an asset and a currency both. when I use it for any shopping or  any same purpose then it is a currency. On the other hand when I invest in bitcoin for make a lot profit  and hold long time for future then it is a asset. Bitcoin price will grow day by day and Its also helps to create job opportunity.
As a result bitcoin becomes more popular and accepted in many commercial sectors.
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:31:10 PM

For me, bitcoin is a little bit of both since bitcoin is one of the most controversial thing that happened since iPhone. It is still a currency because of the fact that we can use it in any transaction that caters bitcoin. It becomes an asset because it's volatility range allows it to be profitable with the right strategy.
It is true, it can function as a currency and as an asset at the same time. It just totally depends upon the person who is using it, whether they like investing in bitcoin for long term and wait until they're profitable or maybe some of them wants to engage in trading using different exchanges sites in order to earn more of it, just like using a currency.
The primary activity of a currency is using for payment.
As you said, I don't see you talking about the liquidity of Bitcoin, you have to know the liquidity of Bitcoin is one of the reason make it can't become a current at current.
Beside that, the transaction fees is high and total time to get confirmation is so long, it takes more times than FIAT payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: