Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:12:32 PM

Bitcoin is both asset and currency, it is an asset because it has a huge value wherein it will serves as currency to bitcoin holders because we could actually purchase through the use of bitcoin. Therefore, it is worthy of our investment.
I think you are right its both but it is depends on a person way how he appreciate the crypto and by means of online or digital currency. The more important is to further embrace it and treat it as a good investment for a long term just like doing a savings in a bank.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yunzau

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:17:12 PM

The good thing about bitcoin in my opinion is to make it an asset because of the difficulty level of getting it and the transactions that happened decentralized. The increasingly high value makes the prospective investors more and more popping up.
paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

I think Bitcoin is a better asset, because: Bitcoin prices are high, prices fluctuate frequently. We do not use BTC to trade goods daily.
Cash is different from Bitcoin, cash is always stable, they are used to buy goods and services for daily life. You do not use cash for business or investment purposes.

MoneyCrafter

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:12:48 PM

Bitcoin is more of an asset than an currency. This is because initially when bitcoin was introduced the many people collected bitcoin maybe as a hobby or maybe for trading as the prices were very low.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:15:10 PM

It is both. Currency in the sense that it can be used as a means of exchange (even though currently accepted globally). An asset in the sense that it is a bet on the future of technology (blockchain). And in my opinion for what is what, I think it is one of the best asset ever as it not a physical one, and the risk of it being destroyed is almost zero. The risk of it being lost, with private keys etc. is high though. So it should be well protected.
Erik234

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:51:26 PM

bitcoin is a currency, it is not an asset. It is not an asset for the simple reason that it does not generate cash flows for cryptocurrency holders
It can not be attributed to a certain class of assets. In this case, Fiat currencies, such as the dollar, Euro or yen, are also not asset classes
It can be considered a currency
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

I think bitcoin is a very valuable asset because bitcoin can be invested and also can be traded.
as bitcoin community we have to tell bitcoin to rich people so they want to invest in bitcoin, besides as community we have to teach bitcoin to society so that people investing in bitcoin.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:13:49 PM

I think bitcoin is a very valuable asset because bitcoin can be invested and also can be traded.
as bitcoin community we have to tell bitcoin to rich people so they want to invest in bitcoin, besides as community we have to teach bitcoin to society so that people investing in bitcoin.

bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:40:45 PM

I think, right now, bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. And I think, people prefer bitcoin as investment asset instead of using it to buy goods or pay for services.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:16:56 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
[/quote
People used to view it as an asset. But now i doubt if people are still interested in buying and keeping bitcoins aside from those who are already holding it. I dont see the intensity of its fame right now and people are losing hope already so for me bitcoin is just a currency.
bossloccox

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:22:34 PM

The first impression on bitcoin is digital currency. For me it's digital money that we can trade and we can invest in it. And when i make money from bitcoin through trading and investing and i put it on my personal wallet , this is what i call asset or savings that fill my daily needs. Of course we have different explanation about bitcoin, if it is an asset or currency. The important thing is bitcoin currency help us.
romeo23

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:28:55 PM

For me Bitcoin is an asset,because for most legal purposes, it’s easier if you treat it as an asset. If you treat it as an asset, then you use all of the standard laws regarding assets, whereas if you treat it as a currency, it turns out that all sorts of special laws kick in which makes things more complicated for everyone.Legally speaking, there are usually pretty strict requirements that need to be satisfied for something to be considered a “currency” (i.e. it’s issued by a government). Since those requirements aren’t satisfied with bitcoin, it’s natural to for it to be considered an asset.If there was some advantage for bitcoin to be considered a currency, I’m sure that a lot of lawyers could come up with arguments that its a currency. But usually treating something as a currency makes your life more difficult.
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:38:09 PM

Bitcoin started as a digital currency for a certain application or technology where it nakes transfering money to other people easily but securely. Apparently, the value of the said digital currency consistently fluctuates and for most of last year, butcoin continued to increase which Encourages people to invest in it. And due to the coin's ability to possibly increase in value, people tends to invest and hodl it which makes it as an asset as well.

MoonHodler

Activity: 114

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 01:53:43 PM

it is now an asset that increases in value, until adoption spreads and makes it a wide spread currency.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
Jessica1234

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:48:09 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 12:09:40 AM by Jessica1234

Both. It depends on how people use it. Some makes it asset to make some purposes. It can be an asset if you make it as a souce of your profit or income.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:14:34 PM

I think, right now, bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. And I think, people prefer bitcoin as investment asset instead of using it to buy goods or pay for services.

Payment using bitcoins is great but the fees and the transaction time is making a lot of people think that it is not worth it.

Bitcoin is mostly used as an investment and not a currency the most reason people say is that it is very volatile having doubts whether they will accept it or not since it may dump and it's high fee.
RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

For me a bitcoin is a digital asset which values increases or decreases depends on the market condition. But it can be regarded as well as digital currency since many merchant is already accepting it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:28:11 PM

This issue has caused a lot of different opinions, some people think that Bitcoin is a currency but some people think it is a valuable asset. Bitcoin can be a valuable asset because it can make more profit in the future. But besides that, it can also be considered as a currency because it also exists as a means of exchange, trade. I think this problem depends on each person, we can treat it as assets or currency or both. This is just my opinion
alexmuro

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:53:38 PM

It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Yes, of course. Bitcoin is a digital currency used in other countries as a way of payment of comodities or services through internet. But it can also be an investment since it can be stored or hold for longer period of time and trade when its value goes high.
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:47:39 PM

it is now an asset that increases in value, until adoption spreads and makes it a wide spread currency.
It is an asset and the earlier this will become the currency, the better for us. Right now the value and the worth of the bitcoin is varying due to some reasons of the market, and it will keep fluctuating until it becomes stable. When it will reach to its stability, then it can become the currency. And if it becomes the currency than trading in different regions of the world with different time zones will become very easy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: