Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723636 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:56:49 AM

The BTC price on china exchange now worth more than 800 usd per coin.

As soon as some of them wake up, they will use up all the money on bitfinex and withdraw the coin to sell on china exchange.
Well, this arbitrage opportunity exists for quite some time now already... I also wonder why so few people seem to use it (or with so little money - well, there are few early adopters with lots of play money from bitcoin in China I guess)

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

feature request:

allow a lender to cancel his loan IF another lender is willing to lend the same about for the same or better rate (better for the borrower)

I would like this feature.

Although it would make even more sense with transferring a whole margin position! That would avoid slippage for both parties, and would reduce the amount of USD and BTC being transferred back and forth. Add a percent fees on that, and *all* sides are happy!
For me, this would make a *huge* difference, killerfeature indeed.

Ente
Progressive

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:34:18 PM

Whats with the Bitstamp connection? Bitstamp itself seems ok. ETA on resolving?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:33:51 PM

Much more I would like the borrowing/lending function to work. It takes minutes, at least 15 mins for offers to be actually taken. It's a total mess, and for some of us as much as important as the trading itself.

Ente
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

Dear Customers

due to multiple and prolonged outages on the Bitstamp trading market today, we are obliged to momentarily suspend trading on Bitstamp.
We will resume it as soon as their platform will become stable again.
They have assured to us they are working on a rapid solution of this problem.

Thanks a lot and have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Tamis

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:55:24 PM

Not being able to buy on bitstamp is going to cost me a fortune very soon !!
accord01

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:59:40 PM

I think my position might have gotten auto liquidated before net value dropped below margin balance.  This is such a horrible day for me.  How could I be gone for 10 min and it auto liqudate me.  How could bitstamp disappear and poof i'm almost finished. 

I just lost 80% of my balance on bitfinex.  Time for me to cry and get a job at McDonald's.  My year is ruined.
Tamis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:06:43 PM

I think my position might have gotten auto liquidated before net value dropped below margin balance.  This is such a horrible day for me.  How could I be gone for 10 min and it auto liqudate me.  How could bitstamp disappear and poof i'm almost finished. 

I just lost 80% of my balance on bitfinex.  Time for me to cry and get a job at McDonald's.  My year is ruined.

This is a very serious problem indeed !  We all rely on bitstamp, trading should be frozen when bitstamp is taken out of the equation !
How do you expect us to take this kind of situation in our strategies ?
amgomez

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

You guys are totally nuts. How you dare to open margin position when 1) bitfinex is going to be down for maintenance and 2) there is a difference of 40+ with bitstamp price which can be closed at anytime Huh?

Don't come later here to cry...
Tamis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:13:36 PM

I have no margin position but not being able to buy on bitstamp had very bad consequences on my funds today !

I'm leaving bitfinex very soon... in a regulated market this type of problems would severly sanctionned !
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:16:58 PM

Not being able to buy on bitstamp is going to cost me a fortune very soon !!
Dude, you are annoying.  They are trying to make this work as best as they can.  Stop waving your fist in anger whenever you believe you are entitled to all sorts of things.  If you don't like the service, go to another exchange.
Tamis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:24:30 PM

I'm annoying ? wtf ? You mad or what man ? I've got all rights to be pissed as a paying customer getting very low quality service...
accord01

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:27:03 PM

You guys are totally nuts. How you dare to open margin position when 1) bitfinex is going to be down for maintenance and 2) there is a difference of 40+ with bitstamp price which can be closed at anytime Huh?

Don't come later here to cry...

I didn't know that was the case.  Raphael told me they put $2m on bitstamp, so I thought everything was good.  There was no maintenance, it happened yesterday.  I'm talking about today, I literally lost 75 % of my bitcoins recently.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:33:16 PM

Dear Customers

as stated several times, our servers experience a growing traffic.
Several days ago we took the decision to migrate to a new network approach called clustering.
The whole setup took a while and during this time our traffic kept increasing exponentially.
Waiting for the market to stabilize before moving to the new system wouldn't make much sense as we don't know if the market will stabilize and when ( it might go like a yoyo for weeks ) and, as our traffic keeps increasing we need to take action.
Yesterday we had about 2 hours of maintenance during which we couldn't complete the migration.
Due to market instability we decided to resume trading, in order to avoid mayor losses.
Today we tried again and the downtime was longer, about 3 hours something if I'm correct (it seemed like a century to us ).
As the new system was experiencing some slowness, we decided to resume the old one and fine tune it a little more.
So here we are, tired and frustrated, but not tamed.
We now go to sleep (it's 1 a.m. EU time) and we will resume operations tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will probably experience some down time again (it is not certain but there is a possibility until the system has completely migrated).
My personal suggestion to all traders and to everyone that has a grain of salt in his head and is not completely blinded by greediness yet, is the following:

- As volatility is high and we might have some downtime do NOT take leveraged positions until the move has been completed.
The dangers in this moment outpace by far the rewards
Spend time with your family, go for a walk, do some sport or become an expert in long distance pumpkin seed spitting.

Not necessarily in this order.

We will probably have some downtime.

I hope this helps

We love you too, but sometimes you make it really hard
Wink

Have a good day
Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Hey Raphy

The amount of traffic has been growing, so it's natural that the amount of feature requests and complaints is growing too.  That's only natural, but I understand that it can get tiresome/frustrating as well.

Nevertheless, I feel that I should point out that I get the feeling that you guys still underestimate the importance of communicating with the clients (something that seems to be common for every bitcoin exchange in existence).  Communication should happen through multiple channels (forum message, website message AND email) and sufficiently in advance (a week or so?), especially if the downtime is planned and not due to some DDOS.  People that have margin positions open don't just suddenly want to be cut off from the market, it puts their funds in a lot of risk.  You also can't expect every trader to check the forum every hour.  If sudden downtimes like this, without proper communication happen more in the future, I think a lot of your clients will conclude Bitfinex is unreliable and leave, and I don't want this, because I like Bitfinex.  
Maybe the traffic growth forced you to move quickly, and I appreciate the communication here in the thread, but please in the future :
1) signal downtimes in advance
2) try to be as accurate as possible about the start and finish of the downtime.  (I realize its hard to predict the finish exactly, because complications can always occur, but "there are going to be some downtimes in the next few days" is really too vague for a trader to base his actions on)
3) Communicate the same message through multiple channels: forum, website & email.

PS: I appreciate the post explaining the Bitstamp issues.

accord01

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:35:31 PM

Something really needs to be done about this $50 swing in seconds when bitstamp is gone.  Bitstamp was back up and running all well.... with no warning bistamp is gone and price swings violently.

There should be AT LEAST a warning that funds are about to run out on bitstamp or that funds are about to be added on bitstamp... They should talk with bitstamp and get some kind of agreement of when the cash will be added on bitstamp.

with no warning, how can anyone trade?  plus i could totally see insider trading going on with the bitstamp people who are about to add money on bistamp and have a bitfinex account...

We should all have the EXACT same info.
accord01

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:37:06 PM

Or a live ticker of the amount of money/bitcoins remaining on bitstamp.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

Something really needs to be done about this $50 swing in seconds when bitstamp is gone.  Bitstamp was back up and running all well.... with no warning bistamp is gone and price swings violently.

There should be AT LEAST a warning that funds are about to run out on bitstamp or that funds are about to be added on bitstamp... They should talk with bitstamp and get some kind of agreement of when the cash will be added on bitstamp.

with no warning, how can anyone trade?  plus i could totally see insider trading going on with the bitstamp people who are about to add money on bistamp and have a bitfinex account...

I doubt the bitfinex people know exactly when the bitstamp people are going to credit their account.
A ticker for the amount of USD remaining in the bitstamp account would be nice feature though.
Tamis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:40:45 PM

exactly what I was saying... how can we trade in those conditions ? We can't, trade should be frozen as soon as bitstamp is out of the equation !
It's very easy to manipulate the market if you are an insider that know when stamp will be taken out and/or in...
accord01

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:41:20 PM

I doubt the bitfinex people know exactly when the bitstamp people are going to credit their account.
A ticker for the amount of USD remaining in the bitstamp account would be nice feature though.

Yeah, that's why they need to contact bitstamp and have an agreement where bitstamp lets bitfinex know right before the money is added.
Faraday

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:42:00 PM

Hey Raphy

The amount of traffic has been growing, so it's natural that the amount of feature requests and complaints is growing too.  That's only natural, but I understand that it can get tiresome/frustrating as well.

Nevertheless, I feel that I should point out that I get the feeling that you guys still underestimate the importance of communicating with the clients (something that seems to be common for every bitcoin exchange in existence).  Communication should happen through multiple channels (forum message, website message AND email) and sufficiently in advance (a week or so?), especially if the downtime is planned and not due to some DDOS.  People that have margin positions open don't just suddenly want to be cut off from the market, it puts their funds in a lot of risk.  You also can't expect every trader to check the forum every hour.  If sudden downtimes like this, without proper communication happen more in the future, I think a lot of your clients will conclude Bitfinex is unreliable and leave, and I don't want this, because I like Bitfinex.  
Maybe the traffic growth forced you to move quickly, and I appreciate the communication here in the thread, but please in the future :
1) signal downtimes in advance
2) try to be as accurate as possible about the start and finish of the downtime.  (I realize its hard to predict the finish exactly, because complications can always occur, but "there are going to be some downtimes in the next few days" is really too vague for a trader to base his actions on)
3) Communicate the same message through multiple channels: forum, website & email.

PS: I appreciate the post explaining the Bitstamp issues.

+1

Anyway I have withdrawn my funds from bitfinex for the time being, but hope to be able to return when these issues have been resolved. (such as the random 'wrong price' error that doesn't let you sell at times - I posted a screenshot of this yesterday and it doesn't seem it was even acknowledged even though it's a serious issue in my opinion.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: