Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wilfried

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

ManualMiner

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:21:21 PM

strange margin order deletion again:

position -10 btc
buy limit order +20 btc

partial execution with 3 btc - order removed
??
edit:
my limit orders are treaded like fill or kill

Strange ...
Are your fees settled in USD or BTC?
Please go to the account setting section and set it in USD ( in case they are not ).

Thank you and have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

i think i found out, the system allows to put an order for which the margin is sufficient only after the active position is closed, but upon settlement it considers the margin not to be enough and cancels the order.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:52:00 AM

I just printed the KYC FORM from https://www.bitfinex.com/KYC%20FORM%20ENGLISH%20INTL.pdf and notice that it says:

"In order to meet the requirements, we would be grateful if you would complete the form below in detail, and attach copies of
the relevant identification documents. These must be certified by a solicitor (or notary, or court officer)"

Is my understanding correct that the bank statement has to be  certified before scanning it? Can any one that has already completed the verification comment on that?
Thanks in advanced!
wilfried

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

ManualMiner

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:37:47 AM

hy!
it would be nice to have more than one api key as parallel use of one api key gives nonce error.
thx
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:05:52 AM

hy!
it would be nice to have more than one api key as parallel use of one api key gives nonce error.
thx

Agree. I would need to put a queue to process the API requests to get rid of the nonce error

In addition, just echo my wish list:
* API to transfer amount between different wallets
* API to do bitcoin withdrawal

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
halcyon

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:09:08 PM

I just printed the KYC FORM from https://www.bitfinex.com/KYC%20FORM%20ENGLISH%20INTL.pdf and notice that it says:

"In order to meet the requirements, we would be grateful if you would complete the form below in detail, and attach copies of
the relevant identification documents. These must be certified by a solicitor (or notary, or court officer)"

Is my understanding correct that the bank statement has to be  certified before scanning it? Can any one that has already completed the verification comment on that?
Thanks in advanced!

it should work if it´s an official statement from your bank (logo of the bank on it and so on). Don´t think a notary certification is necessary.
(my own experience when I asked for verification)

Directbet livebetting
CambioBTC

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:22:57 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 07:17:11 PM by CambioBTC

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/contextcalc

Like Qt-Trader and also like BitFinex's own "Buy All / Sell All" buttons on the Exchange Page.
         For some reason they did not include it on the "Margin Trading Page"

I'm sure with time they can come up with something better, the current workaround was easy to implement.

I don't know about Qt-trader but I can probably tell you why there is no "buy all/sell all" button like exchange. In exchange the amount your trading with is fixed, either x amount of $ or x amount of btc. In Margin mode it count both USD and BTC, while USD value is fixed BTC is not. So your tradeble balance is always fluctuating if there is BTC in the wallet. And what happens when the system detects a trade that you don't sufficient balance? It cancels the whole block at execution and more people will complaint about that.

Give it time, not a "easy" fix

Bottomline is we need a way to put orders on fast and quickly,
when the market is moving, not having to guess with estimates
of how many bitcoins.

In short, a "Buy All / Sell All" button,
Some of us trade that way and the current Margin Trading Page
is not up to par.
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

quickly,
when the market is moving, not having to guess with estimates
of how many bitcoins.

In short, a "Buy All / Sell All" button,
Some of us trade that way and the current Margin Trading Page
is not up to par.

There's these two tools out there that can be really helpful, I believe they are called "a calculator" and "a spreadsheet". The latter works great for me. You should look into it.

Nope,

That's what we pay fees for,
for them to provide a proper platform,

as for the calculator and spreadsheet,
be my guess, sounds like you are from
a antiquated world, sure you still use a "Slide Ruler" even !

The whole idea is to save time,
not create more time,
oh well, you just blew whatever "credibility" with me that you might have had before,
I do believe there is a "Ignore" button here or "Block User" for Dumb-Asses !
BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:07:23 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 08:54:43 AM by BitBits

There's these two tools out there that can be really helpful, I believe they are called "a calculator" and "a spreadsheet". The latter works great for me. You should look into it.
Nope,

not create more time,
oh well, you just blew whatever "credibility" with me that you might have had before,

Sorry about thoughts aloud here, but you are really rather annoying with your desperation on pushing for this well beyond real significance feature. When I am in my lending phase at Bitfinex, I would really HATE to know that a person like you is taking my swaps. YOU and like you, are the hell of a lending risk around here.
Are you having some serious math problems? If you really want to dump all your money into position in a flash, is it THAT difficult to make an estimate in your head? Just round the numbers and go. Don't like it, don't "round" just go (elsewhere).
We are paying fees (among lowest in the industry BTW) for the overall (quite well designed in my opinion) trading platform. It has what is needed and already even more.

P.S. I found the button you were referring to. Try to guess (no math here) who is not going to see, whose "Dumb-Ass" posts ...

Empty
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:10:12 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:34:05 AM by CambioBTC

Nope,

not create more time,

Sorry about thoughts aloud here, but you are really rather annoying with your desperation on pushing for this well beyond real significance feature. When I am in my lending phase at Bitfinex, I would really HATE to know that a person like you is taking my swaps. YOU and like you, are the hell of a lending risk around here.
Are you having some serious math problems? If you really want to dump all your money into position in a flash, is it THAT difficult to make an estimate in your head? Just round the numbers and go. Don't like it, don't "round" just go (elsewhere).
We are paying fees (among lowest in the industry BTW) for the overall (quite well designed in my opinion) trading platform. It has what is needed and already even more.

P.S. I found the button you were referring to. Try to guess (no math here) who is not going to see, whose "Dumb-Ass" posts ...

Did not even bother to read your entire post,
First it holds zero water coming from a NEWBIE,
and even more less coming from a "LENDER"
that knows nothing about TRADING, period !

IGNORED . . . . !

P.S.:
Stick To Lending
Leave The Trading To Us Traders to MAKE THE REAL MONEY !

and YES we are making FLASH moves,
IN and OUT in a FLASH,

Not like we can take Long-Term CFD positions with the HIGH INTEREST RATES
Being charged by Lenders,
Even if I did, I would still search for other OFFERED LIQUIDITY for the LOWEST RATE OFFERED,
then close the position with the HIGH RATE and re-open the position with the newly found LOWER RATE !

No one is stupid enough to maintain a long-term position with one of your incredibly HIGH INTEREST LOANS
That somewhere in your dreams you thought would buy you a Ferrari, lol .
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:58:07 AM

Just want to say I made a international wire from U.S.A 10am in the morning. And it show up in my account 11pm the same day.

Wow that was fast. Hope withdraw goes this fast too.

And I want to say Thank you to the Bitfinex team.

I know a lot of people don't show enough appreciation for your work and effort.

So Thank you again for trying to make this platform better for all of us.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:19:22 AM by CambioBTC

Just want to say I made a international wire from U.S.A 10am in the morning. And it show up in my account 11pm the same day.

Wow that was fast. Hope withdraw goes this fast too.

And I want to say Thank you to the Bitfinex team.

I know a lot of people don't show enough appreciation for your work and effort.

So Thank you again for trying to make this platform better for all of us.

BFX Deposits
Have ALWAYS been FAST !
The WithDrawals are just as FAST,
IF you CHOOSE the RAPID withdraw OPTION,
To pay the 1%,

P.S.:
Originally was equally FAST with 0% withdrawal fee,
But oh well, guess they saw CoinBase doing it and said "WHY NOT",
Bull-Trap / Bear-Trap ?
or
Just Another INCOME STREAM,
Go Figure.

Also WithDrawals are IRREVERSIBLE / NON-CANCELABLE, make sure it's what you want to do, NO SECOND THOUGHTS / CHANCES.
BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 11:15:43 AM by BitBits

Question to Bitfinex team regarding the following part of the announcement published in January:
We have imposed a minimum charge of one hour on any matched
liquidity swap to prevent users from inappropriately manipulating liquidity
swap offers and creating unnecessary volatility in liquidity swap rates
This makes sense, but I just wanted to confirm if I understood everything correctly.
1. This means that even if trader closes the position after some 10 minutes of opening it, (s)he would still get charged for 1 full hour of swap use.
2. This situation also has the same "effect" (credited lending time) for the corresponding lender.
3. This 1 hour minimum charge rule applies equally to both states of borrowed swaps "Unused" and "Margin".
Are these three assumptions correct?

Empty
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:13:12 AM

Thanks in advanced!

it should work if it´s an official statement from your bank (logo of the bank on it and so on). Don´t think a notary certification is necessary.
(my own experience when I asked for verification)

Thanks for the answer, thats good news Smiley
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:20:57 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 12:09:39 PM by CambioBTC

Question to Bitfinex team regarding the following part of the announcement published in January:
We have imposed a minimum charge of one hour on any matched
liquidity swap to prevent users from inappropriately manipulating liquidity
swap offers and creating unnecessary volatility in liquidity swap rates
This makes sense, but I just wanted to confirm if I understood everything correctly.
1. This means that even if trader closes the position after some 10 minutes of opening it, (s)he would still get charged for 1 full hour of swap use.
2. This situation also has the same "effect" (credited lending time) for the corresponding lender.
3. This 1 hour minimum charge rule applies equally to both states of borrowed swaps "Unused" and "Margin".
Are these three assumptions correct?

Wow,

For a "Newbie",
That's a GOOD Freaking question,

I too would like to know the answer to that question,
If I'm being charged a minimum of 1-hour for loans, that would definitely STOP ME FROM BORROWING / TAKING ANY LOANS.

P.S.:

Sounds like my post caught your attention,
Pie in the Sky dreams of the Ferrarri Fading Away ?

HERE'S AN IDEA !

Make the all the columns in the BTC / USD Liquidity offers sortable,
whereas we can sort by swap time / rate / amount,
currently not the case.

Also if we are being charged 1-hour minimum for matched swaps
how about showing in a confirmation pop-up or somewhere
"How Much / Cost" exactly the 1-hour minimum fee is.
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

well.. then dun loan.. 1hr is not much bro.. just few cents.. if u know the math.. the purpose of loaning is to earn alot thru margin trading..and if u cant afford the 1 hour trading rule which is a few cents then dun LOAN that simple!

the cost of 1hour fee is ... for example u loan 1k.. the rate is 0.1.. u take 1000x 0.001 = answer / 24

thats the amount u need to pay..
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:16:40 PM

well.. then dun loan.. 1hr is not much bro.. just few cents.. if u know the math.. the purpose of loaning is to earn alot thru margin trading..and if u cant afford the 1 hour trading rule which is a few cents then dun LOAN that simple!

the cost of 1hour fee is ... for example u loan 1k.. the rate is 0.1.. u take 1000x 0.001 = answer / 24

thats the amount u need to pay..

Simple Math,
Yes,

Again,
My whole point here is SPEED,

TRADERS are addicted to SPEED,

Entirely different mindset from a LENDER,

When putting a loan on when the market is moving

SPEED IS EVERYTHING !

At least in my case, I trade in the moment, the here and now.

I don't try to read Crystal Balls and predict the future.
Ichthyo

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:57:29 PM

this thread is a piece of real satire

just some page back the whole herd was yelling because you could took out loans below 1 hour without charge. And now we're starting to yell because of that charge?

ROFL

CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:05:06 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 03:27:20 PM by CambioBTC

just some page back the whole herd was yelling because you could took out loans below 1 hour without charge. And now we're starting to yell because of that charge?

ROFL

Must have been "Lenders"
yelling previously, not "Traders",

Guess that explains the charge now and how it came about, geez !

But let the lenders make some CASH also, "I LOVE LENDERS" !
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

ROFL

"we"?

No, just one weirdo who LIKES to capitalize some WORDS and act like THE trader spokesman .  Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
CambioBTC

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

ROFL

"we"?

No, just one weirdo who LIKES to capitalize some WORDS and act like THE trader spokesman .  Roll Eyes

Geez, it's the "Lone Ranger" again,
Someone has to stand up for the "Traders",

Would not expect you to, requires backbone of which you're lacking !
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: