Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 09:57:22 PM

is the bitstamp-bitfinex link so that arbitrage is not possible? i.e. if bitstamp price is lower than you cant buy @ the bistamp price and vice versa; but then, how comes they have the same price-curves, how is the linking explainable practically? thx

it is there to add liquidity, not to prevent arbitrage. Arbitrage is something positive for the market and the trading sites.

ok, but how comes my orders @ bitstamp prices are never filled, if bitfinex prices are higher?

Because Bitfinex doesn't have funds 100% of the time on bitstamp. Also you have to calculate the spread that gets added. Trading fees on BFX <<<BSP!

thats not possible is it? they are routing the order to bitstamp after adding/substracting bitstamp fees, so one bitstamp order generates revenue for bitfinex? i think the fees bitfinex pays to bitstamp are included in the fees that bitfinex takes from the customers.

Raphael said here that Bitfinex is no longer brokering Bitstamp orders

Oh, sorry I missed that.

yeah, but very interesting posting indeed; correct me if i´m wrong: some days ago i read a post from raphael or giancarlo stating that they just met with the bitstamp guys and everything is fine with them and so on - and now the link is cut??? thats a major change - was there an annoucement or any news? or am i misunderstanding something?

edit: here´s the link to the post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229438.msg6913625#msg6913625

Maybe what he meant on reddit was that they are not a broker anymore and don't allow users to choose to root their orders. Now this is all done automatically and you will not even know if funds are on BSTMP or not.

wilfried

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:00:09 PM

is the bitstamp-bitfinex link so that arbitrage is not possible? i.e. if bitstamp price is lower than you cant buy @ the bistamp price and vice versa; but then, how comes they have the same price-curves, how is the linking explainable practically? thx

it is there to add liquidity, not to prevent arbitrage. Arbitrage is something positive for the market and the trading sites.

ok, but how comes my orders @ bitstamp prices are never filled, if bitfinex prices are higher?

Because Bitfinex doesn't have funds 100% of the time on bitstamp. Also you have to calculate the spread that gets added. Trading fees on BFX <<<BSP!

thats not possible is it? they are routing the order to bitstamp after adding/substracting bitstamp fees, so one bitstamp order generates revenue for bitfinex? i think the fees bitfinex pays to bitstamp are included in the fees that bitfinex takes from the customers.

Oh, sorry I missed that.

yeah, but very interesting posting indeed; correct me if i´m wrong: some days ago i read a post from raphael or giancarlo stating that they just met with the bitstamp guys and everything is fine with them and so on - and now the link is cut??? thats a major change - was there an annoucement or any news? or am i misunderstanding something?

Maybe what he meant on reddit was that they are not a broker anymore and don't allow users to choose to root their orders. Now this is all done automatically and you will not even know if funds are on BSTMP or not.

thats the problem with their statements, its 90% clear and 10% it could mean anything else. slowly but surely i start to supect that the cause why they never announce anything on the site, but on reddit and bitcointalk is "plausible deniability" ..
DoubleSwapper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:35:53 PM

Oh, sorry I missed that.

I've missed that as well. I'm actually quite shocked right now. I really want a clear statement from BFX now. Regarding Bitstamp and what they plan about DRK. I've explicitly asked them about the situation with Bitstamp and that was his answer. Now suddenly the opposite arises. I'm really shocked.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:52:14 PM

1. DRK is a pseudo-anonyous coin, that hides transactions (ofuscating) and thus makes anonymous transactions possible. If a government/regulation wants to ban those, Bitfinex could get more trouble than would have been neccessar.y

http://youtu.be/M7bbDpwlTws?t=11m40s
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:27:13 AM

1. DRK is a pseudo-anonyous coin, that hides transactions (ofuscating) and thus makes anonymous transactions possible. If a government/regulation wants to ban those, Bitfinex could get more trouble than would have been neccessar.y

http://youtu.be/M7bbDpwlTws?t=11m40s

Wow! How can a single person say so much, but actually say so little.... Basically she totally avoided answering the question. But reading between the lines she said the on the sliding scale transparanty has a higher priority than privacy, so I woudln't be surprised if later in the course of history the agencies will try to prevent obfusicated transactions to help their cause.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:10:36 AM

Sure.

I don't agree with this being as significant issue as everyone' string to make it out to be.

The bitcoin blockchain is anonymous.

Although you can 'track' transactions, they are moving between addresses which do not correspond to real world identities. You might be able to find out who has a private key for a particular address or you might not.

DRK takes this 1 step further by obfuscating the actual transactions themselves.

The idea that regulators are going to be happy with one of these and not the other is a bit ridiculous I think. They will have a monumental problem with both and if they have the first clue about whats good for the Fiat money system will not allow crypto anywhere near it in any shape or form.

There are other reasons for this which are much more important than anonymity. In particular the fact that crypto is unlevered base money. That makes it a threat (a bit like precious metals) to a money system which is levered off a fixed capital base and underwritten by nothing more than private debt.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:26:41 AM

Sure.

I don't agree with this being as significant issue as everyone' string to make it out to be.

The bitcoin blockchain is anonymous.

Although you can 'track' transactions, they are moving between addresses which do not correspond to real world identities. You might be able to find out who has a private key for a particular address or you might not.

DRK takes this 1 step further by obfuscating the actual transactions themselves.

The idea that regulators are going to be happy with one of these and not the other is a bit ridiculous I think. They will have a monumental problem with both and if they have the first clue about whats good for the Fiat money system will not allow crypto anywhere near it in any shape or form.

There are other reasons for this which are much more important than anonymity. In particular the fact that crypto is unlevered base money. That makes it a threat (a bit like precious metals) to a money system which is levered off a fixed capital base and underwritten by nothing more than private debt.

IP address is easy to trace for transaction that uses blockchain.

DRK, on the other hand, uses multiple layers random seed to make it almost impossible to trace.

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:00:47 AM

if used correctly its fairly anonymous. one of the first rules is to use one address per transaction.  no one listens because they like addresses with high balances so coins become more track-able
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:38:15 AM

The point I was trying to make was that it doesn't make an exchange any more or less of a target by carrying so called 'anonymous' coins.

As far as regulators are concerned there are not different types of crypto - there's just 1 - the crypto economy. They don't give a sh*t if a particular coin is anonymous or not. As far as they're concerned they all are due to the simple fact that there's no counter party involved as with fiat.
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:01:36 PM

I think at this point what we should hope is an official statement.

These moves from Bitfinex have heavily influenced the trading of the coin and should not remain unanswered for a too long period of time imo.

Both for Darkcoin and the website.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

Considering how silent the staff of Bitfinex has been on the DRK issue, it looks like DRK will be added very soon. At least that is my interpretation.
roede94105

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:35:55 PM

Considering how silent the staff of Bitfinex has been on the DRK issue, it looks like DRK will be added very soon. At least that is my interpretation.

That is everyone's interpretation, which could make it pretty hurtful for Drk if they don't ^^
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:46:17 PM

Ticker alive

https://api.bitfinex.com/v1/pubticker/drkbtc

Grin

foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:10:28 PM

Why are we seeing this evidence of bitfinex adding DRK while they are staying officially silent about the matter?

Did they do this deliberately to cause the rumor before their announcement? Kind of seems logical... why else?

Not so bad as long as we get an announcement soon and not a huge dump of their DRK holdings instead... I personally think they are more professional than that, but the thought crossed my mind lol.
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:05:15 PM

Dear Customers

We are pleased to announce that Darkcoin will be available to trade on the Bitfinex platform starting today at 6PM GMT.  
It is rare for us to add new trading products, but we believe that the advent of privacy-centric cryptocurrencies warrants out attention.  
Specifically, we believe that Darkcoin and the team behind it represent the most credible foray into this important frontier, and now that Darkcoin's market capitalization has reached non-trivial levels, we have decided to offer it as a trading option to our customers.  
As one might expect, will support trading in DRK/BTC, but, in addition, we will the first exchange to support trading in DRK/USD.  

While we have no crystal balls at Bitfinex, we do nonetheless believe that the new features that Darkcoin aims to implement represents a substantial development in the cryptocurrency space, and we believe that any innovation that enhances privacy deserves our attention.  
Naturally, we do not condone the use of Darkcoin for illicit purposes, but we do believe in the right to privacy.

Initially, we will only offer cash exchange transactions.  
In time, as our order book deepens and Darkcoin successfully navigates certain milestones, we will also possibly allow swap leverage and shorting, should Darkcoin's risk profile and volatility merit it.
For the same reason DRK cannot be used as a collateral for leverage.  
We hope that you that you find these new trading products to be of value to you and we of course, always welcome your feedback.

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
superbit

Activity: 763

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

Dear Customers

We are pleased to announce that Darkcoin will be available to trade on the Bitfinex platform starting today at 6PM GMT.  
It is rare for us to add new trading products, but we believe that the advent of privacy-centric cryptocurrencies warrants out attention.  
Specifically, we believe that Darkcoin and the team behind it represent the most credible foray into this important frontier, and now that Darkcoin's market capitalization has reached non-trivial levels, we have decided to offer it as a trading option to our customers.  
As one might expect, will support trading in DRK/BTC, but, in addition, we will the first exchange to support trading in DRK/USD.  

While we have no crystal balls at Bitfinex, we do nonetheless believe that the new features that Darkcoin aims to implement represents a substantial development in the cryptocurrency space, and we believe that any innovation that enhances privacy deserves our attention.  
Naturally, we do not condone the use of Darkcoin for illicit purposes, but we do believe in the right to privacy.

In time, as our order book deepens and Darkcoin successfully navigates certain milestones, we will also possibly allow swap leverage and shorting, should Darkcoin's risk profile and volatility merit it.
We hope that you that you find these new trading products to be of value to you and we of course, always welcome your feedback.

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Sounds like the proper way to implement it to me.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

Dear Customers

Have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Sounds like the proper way to implement it to me.

WOW, IM DEFINITELY JOINING BITIFINEX NOW, DRK HERE I COME!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
roede94105

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:18:23 PM

Will Darkcoin have margin trading?

Did you read the announcement? ^^
Not at first, later if things go well
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

Darkcoin bug #1 - Darkcoin is listed under the Stats page with Rates on Total Return Swaps.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:25:12 PM

ok, letz ride Smiley

any known charts already?
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: