Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:43:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electronic Money vs. Physical Money  (Read 9483 times)
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:25:55 AM

These are some points that make bitcoin and fiat different:

1. Fiat is non volatile, if you kept it for a long time, the value won't change while bitcoin is changing its price from time to time.

2. If you invest in electronic money or bitcoin especifically there are bigger changes that it will profit and double you investment in a short period ublike fiat.

3. Fiat is very accessible, you can use it anywhere and anytime. There's no need to use internet.

4. Both are important and both are valuable. It's better to have them both.  Grin
People are repeatdly saying that the emergence of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will mark the end of fiat money but in my opinion, these two methods of payment are going to be there concurrently for a very long time because in the end when a person cashes their bitcoin, they will receive cash,
I actually think a different way, Many people have now consider fiat innefective and switching over to bank transfer and credit card. credit card itself digitalizing any fiat money in respect to its local currency.
The physical money will eventually come to extinction because of this so called digitalizing money by credit card issued by local banks.
at the end, there will be only Electronic money, and cryptocurrency. The physical money will just gone.
SHAHJALAL

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:30:34 AM

Electronic Money:
Mostly no one can control it.
No bank, no billionaire or even the government can hijack or grab it from you. You are the only controller of your money.
You can send it to anyone anywhere you want, any amount you want; You don't need anyone permission and there is no restrictions. You can send it with a matter of seconds.

Physical money :
There is restrictions everywhere to send money, to receive money and mostly when the amount is too high.
You will be sure in jail.  Shocked
Banks, Government they are all cheaters nothing else. There is no safe place for Physical money.

Electronic Money aka Cryptocurrency is the safest place for all.
Kyon

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:45:28 AM

I would prefer crypto money is better because it is easy to earn and it also provide part-time job to youth and young and also provide job to unemployed persons for making their life's brighter but when we see physical money it is also a better but it's hard to earn now these days in the world of competition but in crypto world their is more spam so be safe and aware for this.
||Best of luck||⚡
I think everyone in here want to use cryptocurrency than physical money but the fact that cryptocurrency is not better than physical cash at all. For example if there are no internet how can you use cryptocurrency? But without internet everyone is still able to use physical money as normal. But the main reason why almosst people still prefer use physical money to cryptocurrency is cryptocurrency is not legalized worldwide so people only can use cryptocurrency in few countries with few services, it's different with physical money which can be used worldwide for every services. There are still a lot of others reason for this case but I think these reasons are enough Smiley
onurgozupek

Activity: 1306
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:55:13 AM

I think everyone in here want to use cryptocurrency than physical money but the fact that cryptocurrency is not better than physical cash at all. For example if there are no internet how can you use cryptocurrency? But without internet everyone is still able to use physical money as normal. But the main reason why almosst people still prefer use physical money to cryptocurrency is cryptocurrency is not legalized worldwide so people only can use cryptocurrency in few countries with few services, it's different with physical money which can be used worldwide for every services. There are still a lot of others reason for this case but I think these reasons are enough Smiley

Not everyone using Bitcoin because Bitcoin is not suitable for everyday use. Not every merchant accepts Bitcoin. But it's being used more and more every other day. So keep using Bitcoin where available. Accept Bitcoin payments in your store, for your services etc...
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:22:32 AM

Electronic money is somewhat like a credit card where you can purchase without of course the use of physical money. Physical money is a cash that you use pay. Electronic money are application in country that very progressive but its not useful in a very poor country. So i think physical money is a must!
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:08:46 AM

1. Fiat is non volatile, if you kept it for a long time, the value won't change while bitcoin is changing its price from time to time.

2. If you invest in electronic money or bitcoin especifically there are bigger changes that it will profit and double you investment in a short period ublike fiat.

3. Fiat is very accessible, you can use it anywhere and anytime. There's no need to use internet.

4. Both are important and both are valuable. It's better to have them both.  Grin
People are repeatdly saying that the emergence of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will mark the end of fiat money but in my opinion, these two methods of payment are going to be there concurrently for a very long time because in the end when a person cashes their bitcoin, they will receive cash,

It depends on you whether you want to cash your bitcoin into fiat or stay with bitcoin itself and get your fiat from other places, like from your daily job. But I can say that fiat and electric money can never be seperated from because when bitcoin can't be change to fiat, it will be meaningless to have coin that has no value on it. Mean while when you have fiat and want to start buying coin,it has no value too. So I think to get both money is pretty good right now and most of them make bitcoin as their extra income
In the future, bitcoin may not be converted to fiat anymore because they can use it directly to the stores or any shops to pay the items that they bought or the service that they used. Electronic money and physical money will be merged in the future and that is almost a guaranteed thing that will happen in the future because the technology will make things evolved and more convenient.

Electronic money and physical money both have importance in their own ways, only that bitcoin as electronic money is not widely used yet. Like physical money bitcoin can also be used to purchase online and pay bills in selected countries. I think there's no need to argue as to which is more important or which to be deminished since both have helped people in their financial needs.
Rise and fall is the rule of nature. Two centuries ago gold, silver, copper was being used as currency. These were in trade for thousands of year. They were the standard currency all across globe. However as new paper currency based economics was developed and imposed by ruling nations and banks which supported them,  gold, silver currency is out of the system. Now gold and silver is reduced to the mere ornament, industrial use, store of value.
With same law physical money that is paper currency will also see its due course accordingly. The technologies are evolving fast and being spread across the last strata of society. Soon majority of people will be able to get their hands on internet not as entertainment but as necessity. this will happen once cost involving technology will be affordable to them. At that time moving away from the paper currency will be a possibility.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:34:28 AM

Bitcoin or cryptocurrency which I can not call Electronic Money at this time,

because until now many countries that do not allow Bitcoin or Altcoin as a means of payment legitimate,

so until now I still think Bitcoin is like Gold, we are looking for Bitcoin or Altcoin then we sell in the market for Physical Money, this my opinion Grin

Physical form of money is what we call cash and examples of these physical monies are dollars, euros, pounds and a lot of them. They’re not only made in physical forms, but can also be in Electronic form. The physical ones are to be used face to face, while the electronic/digital ones are to be used for transaction between people in long distance.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:05:45 AM

It depends on you whether you want to cash your bitcoin into fiat or stay with bitcoin itself and get your fiat from other places, like from your daily job. But I can say that fiat and electric money can never be seperated from because when bitcoin can't be change to fiat, it will be meaningless to have coin that has no value on it. Mean while when you have fiat and want to start buying coin,it has no value too. So I think to get both money is pretty good right now and most of them make bitcoin as their extra income
In the future, bitcoin may not be converted to fiat anymore because they can use it directly to the stores or any shops to pay the items that they bought or the service that they used. Electronic money and physical money will be merged in the future and that is almost a guaranteed thing that will happen in the future because the technology will make things evolved and more convenient.

Electronic money and physical money both have importance in their own ways, only that bitcoin as electronic money is not widely used yet. Like physical money bitcoin can also be used to purchase online and pay bills in selected countries. I think there's no need to argue as to which is more important or which to be deminished since both have helped people in their financial needs.
Everything have value by its own place both of them are currencies and both you can be used for buying things but the difference between them is one is paper money and bitcoin is a digital currency and bitcoin price is also very high but now a days world is now full of technology and bitcoin is also one of a part of this technology.
Cointertrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:09:21 AM

Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
Physical money is the money we are using in the real world or what we call the physical world. While electronic money is the cryptocurrency that we are using in the virtual world as means if payment online and investing online. With the help of cryptocurrencies it makes every transaction easy in the virtual world.

Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:15:29 AM

Rise and fall is the rule of nature. Two centuries ago gold, silver, copper was being used as currency. These were in trade for thousands of year. They were the standard currency all across globe. However as new paper currency based economics was developed and imposed by ruling nations and banks which supported them,  gold, silver currency is out of the system. Now gold and silver is reduced to the mere ornament, industrial use, store of value.
With same law physical money that is paper currency will also see its due course accordingly. The technologies are evolving fast and being spread across the last strata of society. Soon majority of people will be able to get their hands on internet not as entertainment but as necessity. this will happen once cost involving technology will be affordable to them. At that time moving away from the paper currency will be a possibility.
But I think that sometimes paper money is still necessary, in 10 years ahead, I don't even sure that the whole parts of earth will be covered by the internet especially in some small land or just developing countries that rather have poor of technology implementation.
Paper money, even will be rarely used, will be such an important thing if you visit some places that's still underdeveloped.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:36:31 PM

we've already been using electronic money for a while now.  debit cards, e-checks, etc.  I dont think moving forward strictly with digital money is good in the long run.  giving the gov't the ability to track every transaction you make does not sound appealing at all. 
Even if the bitcoin transactions can be very easily followed that is not really an issue if you always transact only in bitcoin and you do not cash out, however if you want to make perfectly sure that no one can follow in what you are spending your money you can use a coin mixer.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:28:33 AM

But I think that sometimes paper money is still necessary, in 10 years ahead, I don't even sure that the whole parts of earth will be covered by the internet especially in some small land or just developing countries that rather have poor of technology implementation.
Paper money, even will be rarely used, will be such an important thing if you visit some places that's still underdeveloped.
But with the encouraging amount of growing technologies in the world, it would be a necessity for everybody to make themselves aware of the internet. Everything is becoming fast and handy now because of the internet. Paper money will soon be replaced by the digital money everywhere, countries which are now under developed will have to coupe up with the rest of the world and make themselves aware of the computer and internet.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:02:17 AM

Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley

Physical money is a bit of a hassle, carrying around big amount of money endangers you as thieves lurks around. On the other hand, cryptocurrency gives you the freedom to roam around even though you're carrying large amount of money, because having your money in your device gives tou the security that no one can easily get your money. Paying and other transactions are way easier aswell, with the use of cryptocurrency.

roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:37:21 AM

Better invest in crypto. They at least requires some work. In a case of fiat, they can be drawen easely.
I agree that it is better to invest in crypto currency because of the unbelievable possibilities of growing of your money because I do invest to crypto for the reason that my profit grows higher.My profits grows and when I drawn it out I used to buy things that are only my dreams come true.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:36:18 AM

The only downside currently for electronic based currencies is that it requires internet access to transfer the funds.
yes but for me it is the safe stock money instead of physical banks..The advantage for me to choose electrical money is theres a possibility that my money will be double or increase when bitcoin increase. Lol  instead og physical money nothings happen.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:54:52 AM

I would prefer both the type of money considering the physical form existed for centuries in every country and it cannot be replaced completely by cypto currency. Also not all countries do accept cypto currency so physical is compulsory in such situation . Yes a mixture of both is the best way to have it.
kylekyle2000

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:03:41 AM

Though electronic money is more convenient as you won't have to bring a lot of cash with you everytime, there are also a lot of risks to its security. Since electronic money is all virtual, there is a possibility of it getting hacked if the person using is not knowledgeable enough on how to secure and manage it.

Blockshipping  ───────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ███████████████             Twitter     Facebook         
The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:07:40 AM

We all start to use digital money starting from debit-credit cards. This was the game changer in economics.
Peole love to use debit-credit cards. When POS system distrubuted for bitcoin and altcoins then we will see that bitcoin will defeat other digital money systems.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:45:30 AM

We all start to use digital money starting from debit-credit cards. This was the game changer in economics.
Peole love to use debit-credit cards. When POS system distrubuted for bitcoin and altcoins then we will see that bitcoin will defeat other digital money systems.

Yes and how long will that take? That would take for another 20+ years to take place. People who are used to standard money will surely speak against it, from their point of view "why fix something that isn't broken" so there would surely be a backlash if they go all out. The replacement is sure tho the implementation is the problem.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:16:39 PM

Bitcoin and fiat are different from each other but somehow are connected. Fiat is the conventional/physical money that we are used to. Very convenient to use because it is used in all places to buy things and services while bitcoin is a virtual.money, it is stored electronically, very limited stores and services are accepting it. It has a big difference also in value, fiat is stable while bitcoin is changing from time to time. I said this two are connected because here in our country bitcoin is not yet accepted anywhere else so in order to get full use of it, you have to convert it to fiat or maybe just invest it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: