Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this?  (Read 41054 times)
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 04:18:49 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 07:12:45 PM by Financisto

At first I was thinking FF plugin, but just to spite the bastards, let's make it a Chrome extension.

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA.  Undecided

I'm back to my old and beloved Firefox wife.

I should have never betrayed her...LOL

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

At first I was thinking FF plugin, but just to spite the bastards, let's make it a Chrome extension.

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA. Grin

Google ....  a total slut.
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

Next problem?

I can't dare to use chrome/chromium anymore after Google sold his soul to NSA.  Undecided

I uninstalled all Google SpyWare after this issue.
gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:59:35 PM

Honestly the biggest chock should not be that Keith Alexander (NSA) is a horny bastard for private data, or whores like Zuckerberg (FB) and Larry Page (GOOG) bending over for NSA.

The issue is how foolishly we internet users share so much private data without considering the risk of the data getting in to the wrong hands.
What facebook really is about for NSA, what they care about:
-WHO: getting info about each individuals social network, they know exactly who you know.
-WHERE: knowing where you are every day (every time you login to FB the GPS/IP data is logged). Some idiots even report themselves with "Check In".
-WHAT: searching for keywords used in your status updates, or private messages.
-BONUS: getting info about people that are smart enough to not be members of FB. But info about them might end up at FB when they are in pictures that you upload.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Next problem?

I never left firefox, chrome is crap.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Financisto

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 09:34:58 PM

I never left firefox, chrome is crap.

I was damn naive at that time.

I was blind and could not see the true power of the open source community.

Governments will never completly shut up that community. No matter what.

Google, Apple, MS, FB etc, never trust that commercial closed source stuff...

That's the lesson!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
chipug

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

696B6111

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:32:43 PM

That's a good idea.  Do it!
Did it.

link?
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:51:35 AM

void itIsWhatItIs() {
    std::string Corporations[] = { "banks", "military", "agencies", "hospitals", "transportation", "etc" };
    std::string Proletariat[] = { "good", "honest", "strong" };
}

int main() {
    auto Country = "America";
    itIsWhatItIs();
    Proletariat += { "American" };
    if (Proletariat[0] != "good") {
        std::cout << "Error! Database error. Userland compromised. Recommend beginning escape sequence." << std::endl;
        return 1;
    }
    else {
        std::cout << "Everything is good... oh wait, that sounds too good to be tru-

SEGMENTATION FAULT. FATAL ERROR!!!

lol, I'm bored. Prism honestly sounds god-awful.

funny, but sad  Sad
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 02:56:23 AM

Honestly the biggest chock should not be that Keith Alexander (NSA) is a horny bastard for private data, or whores like Zuckerberg (FB) and Larry Page (GOOG) bending over for NSA.

The issue is how foolishly we internet users share so much private data without considering the risk of the data getting in to the wrong hands.
-WHO: getting info about each individuals social network, they know exactly who you know.
-WHERE: knowing where you are every day (every time you login to FB the GPS/IP data is logged). Some idiots even report themselves with "Check In".
-BONUS: getting info about people that are smart enough to not be members of FB. But info about them might end up at FB when they are in pictures that you upload.

"Report themselves", lol that's great. I really do find it stupid that people feel the need to publish every detail of their lives and what they are doing as each and every day goes on. The total depth of this crap is show in exhibit A below:

"John Doe is at the car wash"

"Michelle Q. - I'm @ McDonald's yaaay Smiley"

"Mike M. - Taking a huge shit right now at my house!!!"

Pointless, unintelligible garbage.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:46:52 AM

"Report themselves", lol that's great. I really do find it stupid that people feel the need to publish every detail of their lives and what they are doing as each and every day goes on. The total depth of this crap is show in exhibit A below:

"John Doe is at the car wash"

"Michelle Q. - I'm @ McDonald's yaaay Smiley"

"Mike M. - Taking a huge shit right now at my house!!!"

Pointless, unintelligible garbage.
It's a handy, dandy, CB radio!

But that has nothing to do with whether the government should collect and store all the chatter for your lifetime.
UPENtXF

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:05:23 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 10:51:15 AM by UPENtXF

Seecrypt might be useful in all this, and much better priced than SilentCircle.

They also now have a partnership with an encrypted email service called Poosty, which is based in Sweden...

Hopefully, they'll accept Bitcoins some day.  Huh

"To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -Buckminster Fuller
https://bisq.network/
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:07:18 PM

Yes!  People are just pretending to care about what the NSA is doing, while their actions say they don't give a crap about what happens to their private data.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:08:57 PM

Yes!  People are just pretending to care about what the NSA is doing, while their actions say they don't give a crap about what happens to their private data.
Logical error of the style 'false generalization', broad brushing a subject.

wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:26:31 AM

Emailing, skyping, and searching isn't indicative of a lack of giving a crap. 
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:45:25 AM

Unfortunately it's difficult to be functional on the internet and avoid all of the large companies that are partnered with the US government on PRISM.

I know there isn't a whole lot I can do myself to make a change. My primary focus is trying to educate others the best I can on how this affects their lives as well.
gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:35:18 AM

Email is unfortunately the most unsecure form of communication which most noobs are unaware of.
When a few people use PGP encryption that makes them a minority that easily can be monitored, on other areas where they cannot hide.
So while the noobs dont care or dont know about encryption they also unknowingly sabotage for the few that care.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:34:18 PM

Email is unfortunately the most unsecure form of communication which most noobs are unaware of.
When a few people use PGP encryption that makes them a minority that easily can be monitored, on other areas where they cannot hide.
So while the noobs dont care or dont know about encryption they also unknowingly sabotage for the few that care.
No, this is a presumption and it is not necessarily true.

And think of what communication could be hidden in spam.
Financisto

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:33:35 PM

No, this is a presumption and it is not necessarily true.

And think of what communication could be hidden in spam.

At least we've found some use for SPAM:

It complicates the NSA data filtering work because SPAM volume is greater than 90% of the world's sent messages nowadays.  Tongue

legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

So much irony here posting this on the internet for others to see. I am disgusted. This year is 2013, next year will be 1984.

It truly is disgusting.. The internet is the last free place in the world. We bitcoiners intend to keep it as such.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
B613

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:12:56 PM

It is clear that PRISM was aimed at people who communicate with outside of US. Intelligence is a dirty business, all methods are game. Blackmail and corruption are flagship practices. Privacy of communications is small fish in this game.

What is disgusting is that program apparently lacked safeguards against abuse. What is more warring is that people did not care to include them in the design. Apparent is total lack of accountability, probably because system was classified. Lapse is really significant, because a foreign mole inside PRISM would could actually spy on Americans and do serious damage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: