Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:55:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14277 times)
linustd

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:23:08 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

There are some other interesting assets out there as well such as NEO and OMG. As far as Ethereum, we may have just seen the lowest dip there is going to be in a while. Of course, this is just speculation.
euando24

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:13:58 PM

here you have several BTC FREE sites and FREE registered and are paying so far tested by me. Who is interested in clicking the next link https://for-you-my-life.blogspot.it/
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:20:29 PM

Investing all your savings is just a really dumb decision to make. Because, there might be times when the market would be down and it would seem that all the investment might go in a loss. And if by any chance there is need of money, then it would be a problem. So there should always be some backup with you. And invest a small amount of your savings in the start and when you start making profits invest them too. And just be patient in all the ups and downs and have faith. And NEVER invest ALL you savings!
All the best! Smiley
I completely agree with you, because no one knows how the price of your investments can be, and you can lose a lot at the same time. Thus, the maximum is half, and the average value that you can take is one third of the savings.
ictin

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:08:53 PM

Your portfolio is so good. Both of them will go up and give you money. I'm sure

btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:05:13 PM

is this the amont of money you could afford to lose?
investing all your saving in crypto doesn't sound very safe to me ?
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:38:34 PM

For me, investing all your savings to 3 cryptocurrencies you have mentioned is not really good idea. Why? because you cannot say what will happen the following days or months if the prices will either go up or down. It is very risky and the rates are flactuating. Also, what if something emergency that might happen in few days or months with your own personal life. Be proactive about uncertainties.
It is always not a good thing to take it all in other word put all of your saving to any form of investment. Because you will need to manage your money for you to have an excess amount of income that you could used in daily transactions. But if you have more that enough to earn or to invest with why not? The thing is you just need to focus and mange it with yoyr own risk.
Harper6

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:25:51 AM

I disagree that you put all of your savings to cryptocurrency because indeed the price here are very volatile it might change immediately. We are giving our opinions here but the final decisions is yours, if you that's what you really want then go ahead, just monitor the price always so you will have idea what is happening to your money.
Agreed! It is very much risky to invest all your saving and that too in crypto currency. Investing your money is really a very good idea as it will help you in making a good amount of money but the thing is you need to have something in your pocket in case something goes wrong. I will suggest you to invest 70% of your funds while keep rest of your savings into your own account.
Investing of all of your savings is no doubt a very good decision but at the very same time, it is very much risky thing as well. I will suggest you to think well before making any decision. It is because of the reason that if you opted the wrong investment, then there are chances that you are going to lose all your savings. You need to be very much careful while making such kind of decisions.
yes it is a good idea investing all of your saving but always make sure that the decision that you have made for is 100% that you are convinced on that because we cant say that if you take that risk is you can get it back because we now how you have to face all the struggle here so better that you are convinced on it before make some decision that you can take the regret in the future.
I don’t think so it’s a good idea because if you will invest all your money so nothing will left in your hand and even billionaire are not doing it so we need to be very care full about investment because bitcoin is such a currency which can change your life from a small investment so always invest from little amount and then with passage of time increases your investment but not your all saving because I think it’s something stupid to do so.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:34:33 AM

is this the amont of money you could afford to lose?
investing all your saving in crypto doesn't sound very safe to me ?

Yes, we shouldn't invest all your money in any single asset whether it is cryptocurrency or any other investments. Because something goes wrong then you may lose a lot of your savings so it is always good to split your money and invest in few different assets.

here you have several BTC FREE sites and FREE registered and are paying so far tested by me. Who is interested in clicking the next link https://for-you-my-life.blogspot.it/

From those mining sites you can't make money but in the long run, you may lose money and time as well.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:52:51 AM

If I were you, I wouldn’t do that. As many says, don’t put all the eggs in one basket. Investing in cryptocurrency can be very rewarding if done right, but no one can predict what may happen in the future. Are you willing to risk your hard earned money? What are your other plans if investing in cryptocurrency don’t go as planned? Always have a backup plan and don’t settle in justone  investment vehicle. Learn to diversify and have an active and passive income. Also, if you are investing in cryptocurrency, allocate some funds to buy a hardware wallet so it can’t be hacked. It is bery risky if you just save it in an exchange. At least you own the private key of your holdings.

cryptocurious18

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:05:39 AM

don't forget a very important rule for investment. Don't invest more then what you are willing to lose. Even though the investment seems secure its not strategy if you want to invest then diversify your portfolio
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:21:11 AM

don't forget a very important rule for investment. Don't invest more then what you are willing to lose. Even though the investment seems secure its not strategy if you want to invest then diversify your portfolio
That's right, don't invest all of your savings if you have no knowledge on what you want to do. Be practical, you must keep the half of your savings for future and put the other half on investment because investment is too risky and when the time you put all your money there then the bad times comes I surely know you will regret the things you do and you will go back from the start. Investment is good but be wise where to put your money because its too hard to earn money today, so better to keep some bitcoins for emergency purposes.
Kava

Activity: 448

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:25:02 AM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

And you are sure that the technologies you are going to invest in will live so much. Well, I would advise you, bitcoin and ether. Lightcoin is also possible, but it is better to invest in one and more, rather than split the profit. So you can invest in 10 coins, only then will you fail for everything.

d0flaming0

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:11:43 AM

Do not invest all your money. Must stay for a rainy day. I always leave 20% of the income untouchable. Otherwise, you can lose everything.
Yup safer side we have to keep some money or else we will face problems when we need urgent money. I will also invest money in bitcoins but not full only how much i can afford and my extra money.

Going all in coins and bitcoin might either make you one of the richest person in your neighbourhood or the poorest there. You should have some cash money in your bank account even though you're making great investments in coins.
for me its the most absurd idea investing all your savings into one, well you need to learn how to diversify your portfolios, manage how to divide the funds to each kind of investment, but most of all keep something as your savings and you do really need some cash for your own good. i wont either do the same way as sacrificing all of my savings to an investment, it is like you are entrusting your future and whole life to it. You already knew that nobody can tell what might happen next so, its better to be safe than sorry.
sharkvn

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

I think that if you are a beginner you should invest a small amount of your money as surely you need more experience to succeed in this crypto market. Once you have captured the market, consider investing the full amount you have.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:18:40 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That's a huge amount, the thing I could say to you is buy altcoins such as Ethereum, Xem, Waves, Mysterium/myst, Adex/adx, and Bitcoin. Now its up to you how many percentage you are going to divide it in the altcoins which I had mentioned.
In my opinion, it is not a good idea to divide your investment and that too at the time when you are investing for the very first time. It will be better for you if you will only go for investing your capital into only one coin say bitcoin. It will not only help you in making more money but it will also help you in managing the things in better way. It is really a difficult thing to get to know about different coins and deal with them simultaneously.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I do not advise you to invest all your savings in the crypto currency. For example, out of 12,500, invest 7,000 in the crypto currency. All the same, the crypto currency is unpredictable.
Also, it seems to me that it is better to invest like this:
Bitcoin - 30%
Ethereum - 35%
Litecoin - 35%

rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

for me you do is a very risky thing. but if you have been thinking unanimously and have made such choices then I can only give you advice, if you are a newbie you should look for some information and knowledge about the world of crypto before you do that.

Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:06:02 PM

I dont think that investing all our savings is we will be a good idea for us, because if we invest our all money or savings how we gonna fulfil our daily needs and how we gonna buy our other purposes in life, and my suggestion is we can invest the 60% of our savings and then the remaining 40% is we can keep for our other purposes in life.

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:15:47 PM

In my opinion will be too risky if you make investment by all saving in crypto because we dont know what happen with future of crypto. I think by maksimum 70% of all saving is good idea and less risk. And for other 30% maybe for stock or gold / other kind of investment. And for the chooised and portfolio of that altcoin is good because these coin strong in fundamental.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:37:53 PM

I seriously think you have a strong determination and guts in order to do this. Phew. Not only is it risky with the volatility but also the security. 5-10 years @@ A safebox should come into ur mind Cheesy
LOL, that’s true, I can’t take such risk, I’d rather use my savings (if it was a lifetime savings) to start up an offline business, like investing on a farming business cause I believe that will bring more benefits than Bitcoin if managed properly.

I’m not saying it is wrong for him to invest it on Bitcoin, if something tells him he’s doing the right thing, then there is no need to delay, just go on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: