Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] CROM - TRANSPARENCY, TRUST AND LIQUIDITY IN PERFORMANCE MARKETING  (Read 28138 times)
BERMUDAL

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:44:26 PM

The growth of the ethereum is reminiscent of the story with the growth of bitcoins)) Investors do not want to participate in the ICO because it is less profitable. Maybe you need to add an opportunity to buy tokens for bitcoins?

Yeah I like the idea of using either BTC, ETH or LTC to purchase CROM during the ICO.

I don't really get these comments about using Fiat currencies to purchase it though... this means you could have people signing up and purchasing $3 worth of CROM, it's a bit pointless.

When other projects allow you to purchase tokens in Fiat it feels like a bit of a scam or a get rich quick scheme for the project owners.

I wouldn't personally want people to do that. Buy some BTC, LTC or ETH and then buy CROM, that would be the best way.

You simply put a minimum of 20 USD, not that hard.

And you are right most other platforms that offer the fiat option identify themselves with a get rich quick scheme. Do you know why they offer the fiat option? Mass-adoption. Cryptocurrency is wayyyyyy too complicated for the average person. For now it is alot of effort to get into crypto.. The best option is to offer a fiat option which they are familiar with.

Why do you think all those shitcoins still manage to get alot of funding? Fiat option! there is a huge market there which is barely tapped by legitimate projects due to ignorance like you just portrayed..  (i don't want those kind of persons / shitcoins do that so it must be avoided etc)

Thats why they're shit coins because they're sold to noobs who have no knowledge of crypto, like yourself. It's not hard to buy ETH/BTC I can show you some places if you're struggling.

Haha thank you for demonstrating exactly my point! You put up some concernns, i address them with a explaination. Then u disregard the valid points i made and just claim the same thing you just said before (sold to noobs with no knowledge of crypto). Isn't that the whole point we are trying to reach? Getting crypto mainstream? I mean, there are alot of cars.. a select group knows how the combustion engine works but the mainstream people just know they have to put gas in it and it drives. People are not interested in how it works exactly, they expect it to be easy so they can get on with their lives.

So yes, for you it is not hard to buy ETH/BTC. But for most people it is too much of a hassle and they lose interest. As for me, i'm fine thank you. I got everything set up, but still it took me a long time to finally do it (back in 2014 already looked into buying bitcoin, looked to much of a hassle and let it go). <-- prime example of how people think. Therefor yes, i am still a noob and probably always will be in the cryptoworld but that means i got some outside perspective which you appearently refuse to acknowledge.

Beside the point, maybe it is simple not possible to accept fiat currency due to various reasons. Like i said, i am a noob and have no clue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:04:48 AM

hes not wrong though, in regard to the cash vs crypto when it comes to restrictions from gov. But i could probably debate the merit, regardless of cash or crypto more and more governments are seeing crypto like cash assets hence why some ICO's are shying away from US residents, its a matter of time before more countries follow on.

All CROM and the others can do is try to color within the lines laid out by the governments, if that means crypto for crypto only when it comes to ICO's people will just have to learn to live with it. For the larger cryptos that are planned for corporate use or for financial instrument use its not a huge deal as middle men will find their way into the market to facilitate connecting people/businesses with the token/platforms they need. Or thats what i think.

For now the community will just have to work together to help people like yourself to understand the process and caveats (like not using exchange wallet for ICO's)
Owillz

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:21:02 AM

Wow... This really strict  mehn... Anyway your minimum investment is 10 Eth, and your minimum token to buy is 1 CROM. Don't you think these are contradicting? Or is 1 CROM = 10 Eth???

Minimum in the pre-sale is 10 ETH with 0.008 ETH per token. The question I answered was about limits in the regular ICO starting December 1st. Hope that clears things up.

That clears up my concerns too
 Thanks for the clarification CROM team. So your target for presale is really the big investors. Increasing ETH price will have some effects on this sale. Do you have any plan B in that case?

What happens if ETH keeps rising and investors start to hold their coins because they dont want to miss out in ETH?

Yea. This is a good observation. With the current rise in price of ETH, it might likely raise up an issue. When ETHEREUM now worth way more than what it worth when you started your project planning, 10eth might not be that easy for investors to let go.  I really hope you guys have put this into consideration and have a way out?? If you do have, I would love to hear it if you care to share.

Thats my concern too. Why CROM is setting its price in ETH? Rather they can set price in USD and convert to ETH on the day of buying right? In that sense people wont avoid CROM completely. May be thats risk for CROM if ETH crashes. May be some reason for not considering this option?

I have been thinking about this, but correct me if I'm wrong.

With the massive recent peak of ETH this offers great value at the moment, it is very possible it could have a big correction.

With this in mind, wont ETH investors want to cash in on there high value ETH at this moment for CROM before it starts correcting(maybe).

i dont really see it that way though. i feel they will rather hold on to their ethereum which is an already stable looking coin with high market value than to risk investing it in a new coin with about 60% chance of making profit. My view though, correct me if am wrong but that is how i see it.
BaliScript

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:28:14 AM

Why should they be interested in Fiat? Guess as soon as cash is involved, grab various regulations and rules of the central banks which one does not have in the realm of crypto currencies

I see now why ICOs dont want fiat in the first place, it never crossed my mind before. I have a feeling these ICOs can not avoid paying tax in the end.

ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:31:43 AM

I think a lot of people jumping into crypto get confused between the whole token vs coin debacle. People still think Eth = Btc but in reality etherium isn't made to be used like bitcoin, i've been trying to explain to my friends and family that Etherium is basically just the platform for all these coins like CROM, it's there for handling transactions and transaction fees. Etherium doesn't advertise or look to get accepted at stores like bitcoin does. The advertising part and growing the community is up to coins like CROM. The people i've managed to get through understand and see how much potential etherium has.

CROM for instance has every interest to spread itself and advertise everywhere i can to help it's network grow which will help to grow etherium.

The downside is that it makes the whole "where do i buy X coin" harder to explain as you end up needing to explain they have to have etherium AND a token to really take advantage of the platform.

This is the most general information people are not aware of. Is good to understand that in the first instance. Good explanation. CROM by itself is not a separate platform.
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:41:26 AM

Why should they be interested in Fiat? Guess as soon as cash is involved, grab various regulations and rules of the central banks which one does not have in the realm of crypto currencies

I see now why ICOs dont want fiat in the first place, it never crossed my mind before. I have a feeling these ICOs can not avoid paying tax in the end.

Think it is not primarily about avoiding taxes. If you collect money in a big way like a stock corporation, then there are many rules and laws to follow. Even though crom is registered in hong kong, it is possible that the german tax office has something to complain about. But their lawyers certainly know what they are doing:-)
ganeshramk

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:46:24 AM

Think it is not primarily about avoiding taxes. If you collect money in a big way like a stock corporation, then there are many rules and laws to follow. Even though crom is registered in hong kong, it is possible that the german tax office has something to complain about. But their lawyers certainly know what they are doing:-)

It's completely wrong perception that fiat currency usage will lead to tax evasion. The are kyc norms which can be implemented to prevent any wrong doing. It's a meter if she extra work. Money can't be made without work right?
msCROM (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

Good morning from Berlin! Before answering a few of your questions I want to quickly share yesterday's new with you guys because I was not able to post in the evening. We've got not only a nicely written article in HuffPost but we are also busy doing business development:

2017-11-24

Greetings from NewYork! Aragon Advertising joins the @CroMhub train: https://blog.cromhub.com/aragon-advertising-to-join-in-cromhub-effort-10ab5cf0b3c

HuffPost: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cromhub-the-tracking-and-settlement-clearing-house_us_5a183b27e4b068a3ca6df789
ganeshramk

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:09:54 AM

Good morning from Berlin! Before answering a few of your questions I want to quickly share yesterday's new with you guys because I was not able to post in the evening. We've got not only a nicely written article in HuffPost but we are also busy doing business development:

2017-11-25

Greetings from NewYork! Aragon Advertising joins the @CroMhub train: https://blog.cromhub.com/aragon-advertising-to-join-in-cromhub-effort-10ab5cf0b3c

HuffPost: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cromhub-the-tracking-and-settlement-clearing-house_us_5a183b27e4b068a3ca6df789

Very nice post with useful information. To add icing on the cake, another partnership interest of Aragon advertising. Good going CROM. Beginners development is of high priority which shows the strength of CROM. congratulations team.
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:16:21 AM

2017-11-24

An article in the huffington post and a new partner, that's a good start to the day. The supporters' team really grows almost every day, you do a great job
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:02:52 AM

So when the ICO starts it will only last 14 days. I see that some ICO's have a longer duration so that you can have the chance to buy even more tokens from the ICO. So is this better or not ?

You are right. Lots of ICOs go on for more than 1 month. But very good ICOs or high quality ICOs are open for few days only. In that sense CROM joins the hands of quality ICOs. Quality comes first right? Investors also look for such quality.

Why do you say that very good ICOs are just running for a few days? Would you say that Bitclave for example was a bad ICO? Complete BS. It's damn awesome. Is CROM looking to just run for a few days?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
msCROM (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

Yeah its great that msCROM gets involved, I know theres a lot of other people in the team but it's nice to have at least one person dedicated to moderating and monitoring the BCT Threads.

Looking through people's posts on this thread and the bounty one, I think there has been some really good suggestions and I hope the team are taking the recommendations on board.

Mainly I would like to see:

- Videos promoting the project (YouTube channel favourably)
- Live Counter on the website for ICO to check donations/contributions
- Facebook/Twitter Adverts (I haven't seen ad's on any social media or popular crypto websites for CROM)
- Updates on potential exchange listings (needs to be done early)
- More information about lending (potentially a new page on website)

I do like what the team are doing and you can tell they're working hard on getting new partners and closing some long term deals.

First of all let me say thanks to all the concerns and suggestions, I am answering to this post because it's a nice summary.

I will investigate when the video is exactly coming. Everyone was so busy lately and/or traveling so I don't have a date to share right now. But it's soon.

Live Counter suggestion hasd been forwarded. We are working on an update of the website anyway and will maybe be able bundle this with broader language support, which is our current priority.

Facebook/Twitter ads: We are doing them.

Exchange listings & listings: Updates are coming.
Ares0211

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:27:05 AM

2017-11-24

An article in the huffington post and a new partner, that's a good start to the day. The supporters' team really grows almost every day, you do a great job

Just in time for the ICO (; ... partners are the most important thing for new projects. And of course, also for investors.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:39:40 AM

So when the ICO starts it will only last 14 days. I see that some ICO's have a longer duration so that you can have the chance to buy even more tokens from the ICO. So is this better or not ?

You are right. Lots of ICOs go on for more than 1 month. But very good ICOs or high quality ICOs are open for few days only. In that sense CROM joins the hands of quality ICOs. Quality comes first right? Investors also look for such quality.

Why do you say that very good ICOs are just running for a few days? Would you say that Bitclave for example was a bad ICO? Complete BS. It's damn awesome. Is CROM looking to just run for a few days?

I wouldn't say either that a short ICO period automatically means it is a good project. Maybe what he wanted to say is that "high quality ICOs" are only open for a few days because they get sold-out soo quickly.

But it's true that most of the contribution to the ICO happen right at the beginning, therefore a longer period doesn't always lead to a significant increase in the raised amount of ETH.
trCROM

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

Hi guys.
On the discussion of token value, we thought long and hard. Sudden changes in value of the underlying ETH is not uncommon in ICOs, it's rather the norm.
We anticipated a "return from BTC to ETH after the hard fork on Nov 17" and figured it would strengthen ETH. The BTC hard fork didn't come but the returning investor interest in ETH certainly did.
As the pre-sale is underway, we can't change the token price anymore.
A consideration we have right now: We could throw a bonus round (everybody get another xx% tokens on top of his purchase) later on if prices keep rising so sharply.
Not decided yet, but certainly an option.

cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

Also saw a new blog post yesterday about another a new partnership, this one is with New York based Aragon Advertising which is very exciting! Read somewhere on inc. that their revenue last year was around $11.8m which is huge! Great reviews as well on their services and they have a lot of experience in digital advertising & affiliate payments so its a very good partnership!

https://blog.cromhub.com/aragon-advertising-to-join-in-cromhub-effort-10ab5cf0b3c

jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

Yeah its great that msCROM gets involved, I know theres a lot of other people in the team but it's nice to have at least one person dedicated to moderating and monitoring the BCT Threads.

Looking through people's posts on this thread and the bounty one, I think there has been some really good suggestions and I hope the team are taking the recommendations on board.

- Facebook/Twitter Adverts (I haven't seen ad's on any social media or popular crypto websites for CROM)

I do like what the team are doing and you can tell they're working hard on getting new partners and closing some long term deals.

First of all let me say thanks to all the concerns and suggestions, I am answering to this post because it's a nice summary.

I will investigate when the video is exactly coming. Everyone was so busy lately and/or traveling so I don't have a date to share right now. But it's soon.

Live Counter suggestion hasd been forwarded. We are working on an update of the website anyway and will maybe be able bundle this with broader language support, which is our current priority.

This is great news, thank you CROM for the update.

The post sounds really promising and glad to see you guys are keeping up to date with the community.

Carry on the good work guys. This project will take off soon
cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:36:42 PM

This is great news, thank you CROM for the update.

The post sounds really promising and glad to see you guys are keeping up to date with the community.

Carry on the good work guys. This project will take off soon

Yeah I second that, this is really great news.

It's nice to see that they're taking on our recommendations/suggestions and also coming up with new ways to promote the project.

The website definitely needs updating and hopefully we will get a live counter!!

Good work CROM!!

Ares0211

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:48:48 PM

Hi guys.
On the discussion of token value, we thought long and hard. Sudden changes in value of the underlying ETH is not uncommon in ICOs, it's rather the norm.
We anticipated a "return from BTC to ETH after the hard fork on Nov 17" and figured it would strengthen ETH. The BTC hard fork didn't come but the returning investor interest in ETH certainly did.
As the pre-sale is underway, we can't change the token price anymore.
A consideration we have right now: We could throw a bonus round (everybody get another xx% tokens on top of his purchase) later on if prices keep rising so sharply.
Not decided yet, but certainly an option.

So important to hear that and for me, more than necessary when ICO starts. You should really discuss that option. Maybe you could publish something like:
If eth price stays at this high rate or even grows more to that moment when the tokens getting distributed, than every investor/bounty participant will get 5% extra tokens.
BERMUDAL

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:18:38 PM

2017-11-24

Awesome, just when i think it couldn't get any better you guys arranged another partnership! This is like the fifth parnership you arranged so far? And all that even before the general ICO starts! Really looking forward seeing that raiser counter go through the roof!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: