Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deprecated thread.  (Read 91680 times)
Solexx

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:25:47 AM

I'm not sure ALQO devs thought regarding their reward structure too well, considering market fluctuation.ALQO should take a page out of BSD playbook, hard to mine, and rewards are only affected by # of MNs.
BSD's got a smart reward structure that discourages dumping and it is not a secret... I think ALQO wanted to have thousands of MNs to sustain the network; and thought the price is gonna blow up in 2018, they didn't see the BS with regulation, taxes, MtGox etc.
Everything works in a 'lab', once it hits the real world all of a sudden there's leaks all over the place
I'm not trying to be an asshole or a negative Ned, just talking and adding to the discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smasherx

Activity: 202
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:10:50 AM

could you expand on this more? also there is no vote?
is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.

was not around the last 2 days - so wasnt able to answer your question sorry.

The reward scheme will be changed to MN:Miners:Devfee : 60:35:5%.

There is always the other side of a coin. From a Miners perspective this change is bad. For Masternode owners its good. The community (at least a decent part of it) reached out to the devs to do something against the dumping of coins. They were not convinced if it makes sense to distribute the rewards differently as they would be anyhow created and prone to be dumped into the market.

Nevertheless with the impression in mind that miners are more likely to dump, as they have to cover their expenses, compared to the masternode owners who are less likely to dump (they will do it too - thats for sure) we've decided together that a slight shift of rewards from miners to masternode owners might be beneficial to the overall "sell pressure".

I know of a couple of miners who mine for the long term hold but most dont. Most miner simply mine to make profit - well thats business and they cannot be blamed for it.
smasherx

Activity: 202
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:13:30 PM

The new community weekly is out. Have a check and dont miss out on your weekly dose of ALQO.
Giveaway participation recommended but not mandatory  Grin

https://youtu.be/RTVlvvwzI2o
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

We've successfully tested the protocolversion 70714 with clientversion 3.0 (Pre-Liberio).

Everyone is now able to update their daemons by self-compiling the latest github-sourcecode which can be found under https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO

For everyone running a mining-pool we also added a new repositorie with the changed stratum-source to fit the needed and latest changes on the blocktemplate (developer-fee).
https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/Stratum

Please keep in mind that it's important to update your masternodes within the next 7 days to be sure everything is working fine.

As always we are going to announce a step-by-step guide with an auto-update tool within the next hours as well as the pre-compiled binaries.

Official Hosting Service users DO NOT need to update - we are going to supply the updates to all hosted servers within the next days.

The new QT version will be released latest tomorrow evening with some changes to remove the privacy-feature UI's and some general fixes.

This update includes the latest reward-distribution changes, HyperSend features as well as the developer fee integration.
https://explorer.alqo.org/wallet/devfee

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your support.

when we can expect the guide step by step? looking forward for your reply.
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:01:24 PM

is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.

There is always the other side of a coin. From a Miners perspective this change is bad. For Masternode owners its good. The community (at least a decent part of it) reached out to the devs to do something against the dumping of coins. They were not convinced if it makes sense to distribute the rewards differently as they would be anyhow created and prone to be dumped into the market.

Nevertheless with the impression in mind that miners are more likely to dump, as they have to cover their expenses, compared to the masternode owners who are less likely to dump (they will do it too - thats for sure) we've decided together that a slight shift of rewards from miners to masternode owners might be beneficial to the overall "sell pressure".

I know of a couple of miners who mine for the long term hold but most dont. Most miner simply mine to make profit - well thats business and they cannot be blamed for it.

So you believe that an individual who has a daily expense to cover is more likely to dump in a bear market and possibly take a loss than an individual who has zero expense. Like you said there is always the other side of the coin.

Anyway, am really active on all your social sites and am not sure about that (decent community input) quote. Sure i saw a few ppl complain but it would be absurd to claim that it was a majority of the community. The least you could have done was to take a vote. You use it for everything else but in this case choose to take matters into your hand. Anyway, this won't stop the dump in the long run, if anything you just made it easier cos MN owners don't give a fuck about the current price and how it affect their earning, it's always 100% gain for them.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ron1989

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:24:46 PM

So you believe that an individual who has a daily expense to cover is more likely to dump in a bear market and possibly take a loss than an individual who has zero expense. Like you said there is always the other side of the coin.

Anyway, am really active on all your social sites and am not sure about that (decent community input) quote. Sure i saw a few ppl complain but it would be absurd to claim that it was a majority of the community. The least you could have done was to take a vote. You use it for everything else but in this case choose to take matters into your hand. Anyway, this won't stop the dump in the long run, if anything you just made it easier cos MN owners don't give a fuck about the current price and how it affect their earning, it's always 100% gain for them.

agreed. not to mention the amount of network hashrate youre going to lose from cutting miner rewards, at current prices it would be a loss to mine alqo after expenses. nobody will mine alqo.
Phash2k

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:09:33 PM

The bear market is strong
Time to invest

Crypto-Beratung und Hilfe bei allen möglichen Crypto-Projekten oder Problemen! https://phash.de
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

Why do mn owners do not have expenses and 100% gain? First of all, they have to buy the 10k alqo, which is ATM around 2700$. They also have to buy/rent the infrastructure (mainly vps), which is not much, but still. The break even of a mn is ATM 467 days https://mnprofits.com/alqo. So in my opinion there is no incentive currently to dump alqo. If anything, mn owners wait for the price to recover and then might get to a break even point, when selling of their earned alqo.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
aenin2764

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

Have a nice day for the project  Smiley
ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

Trying to get a masternode up but status continually keeps changing to MISSING after a while and the "Active" field never changes from  00m:00s .

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

Trying to get a masternode up but status continually keeps changing to MISSING after a while and the "Active" field never changes from  00m:00s .

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
News Discord!
We've made some last changes and are now officially releasing the new version including the new QT.

Please update your local QT as well as your masternode as soon as possible but latest within 5 days.

As always you can find the latest versions on our builds-page: https://builds.alqo.org/

Directdownload: https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO/releases/download/v3.0/alqo-qt.exe

We are going to update the Official Hosting Service masternodes tomorrow during the day - please check back your masternodes after that.

Join Discord: https://discord.gg/VyGzZH6
Broesel

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

Update in combination with new wallet worked fine.
It seems normal that, after updating the mn to protocol 70714, the active time starts again from zero. Do the mns start from scratch and have to wait again for 50h to get their first payout or is this just normal and the payouts proceed as usual?

Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:36:00 PM

Update in combination with new wallet worked fine.
It seems normal that, after updating the mn to protocol 70714, the active time starts again from zero. Do the mns start from scratch and have to wait again for 50h to get their first payout or is this just normal and the payouts proceed as usual?
UPDATE REGARDING THE UPDATE:
We've resupplied all binaries. After internal tests the masternode are automatically restarting after the update using the latest binaries.

You can still use the updater above as well as all download-links from above.

We've changed protocol-version back to 70713 and will automatically change the protocol-version with a later block without affecting the network or masternodes.
However. All features are still implemented as announced just with protocol 70713 and NOT 70714.

Daemon and clientversion should still be v3.0.0.1

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate everyone reporting any issue.

Greetings
sacsweccallde

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:48:42 AM

Hi! Your project is looking very great. So I can consider to join your ICO - but can you tell me please what kind of hard and soft cap?
erhansol

Activity: 29
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:02:30 AM

Hi! Your project is looking very great. So I can consider to join your ICO - but can you tell me please what kind of hard and soft cap?

is this new kind of bot?
22naru

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:07:59 PM

FROM DISCORD CHAT

Kaan "KainLTD" Hamarat - Today at 6:42 AM
@everyone Regarding Coinsmarkets.com

Since there are rumours that Coinsmarkets is dumping the market I, Kaan Hamarat, wanted to do a statement about this.

We don't know for 100% that they are dumping ALQO, but the chances are pretty high.
Whilst we are involved in the electra lawsuit, it seems like it has no effect for them to release our alqo at this point.

We have, today, sent them an email to immediately release ALQO and we are putting up some pressure, but thats mostly everything we can do.

If you want to help, try sending them also an email to :

support@coinsmarkets.com or webmaster@coinsmarkets.com

It might help putting up even more pressure.

Sorry for this message, we will try our best in this case.
Broesel

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:18:37 PM

Oh I wanna have the link of the whitepaper Shocked

You could just check out the first page of this ANN, but here you go:

Whitepaper: https://alqo.org/whitepaper.pdf
Whitepaper Github: https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO/wiki/Whitepaper

ANN Translations
Russian : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2362240
Indonesian : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388624
German : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2498463
Chinese: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3168183

Whitepaper Translations
German : https://alqo.org/whitepaper_german.pdf

and @sacsweccallde: This is not an ICO! and:
PoW Max Coin Output/Supply: 57,879,300
PoW ending: In ~ ca. 330 Days

Afterwards, the PoS phase will launch and, as far as i know, will be indefinite.

22naru

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:53:22 PM

from discord

Moritz "Moh" Heimberg - Today at 5:52 PM
Pools can now update. We have fixed the issue!!
@everyone(edited)
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:48:05 PM

FROM DISCORD CHAT

Kaan "KainLTD" Hamarat - Today at 6:42 AM
@everyone Regarding Coinsmarkets.com

Since there are rumours that Coinsmarkets is dumping the market I, Kaan Hamarat, wanted to do a statement about this.

We don't know for 100% that they are dumping ALQO, but the chances are pretty high.
Whilst we are involved in the electra lawsuit, it seems like it has no effect for them to release our alqo at this point.

We have, today, sent them an email to immediately release ALQO and we are putting up some pressure, but thats mostly everything we can do.

If you want to help, try sending them also an email to :

support@coinsmarkets.com or webmaster@coinsmarkets.com

It might help putting up even more pressure.

Sorry for this message, we will try our best in this case.

thanks for forwarding. hopefully they release ALQO and not only those crappy nonsense coins from their exchange.

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:54:30 PM

Is there a windows build? It was deleted off github this morning.

Not sure what is going on with this Project.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: