Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deprecated thread.  (Read 91685 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:13:15 PM

Perhaps someone should have spent some time a contact the pools that announced in your thread they’ve added your coin to the pool such as I did and no took the time to notify nor did you bother to take the effort to push an alert through the daemon.

Don’t be blaming the pools.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Anyway, do you have an explorer working that is the official chain?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
MoNTE48

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:53:56 PM

Hey, i updated my masternode wallet, but i get these output:
Code:
"version" : 3010001,
    "protocolversion" : 70713,
    "walletversion" : 61000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "Darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 225290,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 16,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 81515.74855755,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1521628443,
    "keypoolsize" : 1001,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00010000,
    "staking status" : "Staking Not Active",
    "errors" : "Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!"
oserega1974

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:58:41 AM

I updated the new wallet, but I can not get the synchronization, what's the problem.
MoNTE48

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:32:28 AM

Copy Dev reply from discord:

@everyone

This update is not out yet. It is the initial announce for the update.  - All alqo movement will be halted until we can deploy this update, for now:

Close your wallets. Wait for the update.
We are syncing everything. Will take a couple of hours.

Attention:

After our try to urgently fix the chain split issue due to not updated pools, masternodes, wallets etc,
we came to a solution, which will fix all problems once for all.

Some will not like this change, but this was the least worse road we could go. (Other options were : New Blockchain/Coin ; HardFork ; CoinSwap etc)
This way we can provide the least loss for everyone.

Solution:

We will from now on disable all other mining pools (and single miners) from being able to mine alqo, for the entire PoW phase from now on.
Our official pool will have 0% Mining Fees, and all current, clean updates. This will secure that no other chains can be created out of alqo.

This complete centralization of alqo, will only be for the rest of the PoW phase, so that this can be done without ANY further issues like:
Masternodes going missing, more sidechains or 51% attacks.
We believe that this way, we can provide the security people want and need for alqo.

Also this will be, hopefully, the last daemon update from our side. (Liberio is not a daemon update)

Once PoS starts, everything will become as planned.

Today was a black day in the history of alqo, and while we had a lot of problems and attempts to solve this, we believe that this is the only
real solution on our end. But we thank the community, for supporting us and newcomers that came today into alqo, that you helped them, explained the situation,
and kept a cool head. Thats why we would never leave you guys behind, and provide, a clean and smart alqo, which is from now on operated from our pool only.

We hope that you can understand this decision, and again, stand on our side to make a good cryptocurrency and a good start for Bitfineon this year.

---

Sidenotes:

- We will do again a rollback to Block 225000.
- You will have to do a last update in your Wallet and self-hosted Masternodes.
- CryptoBridge and CoinExchange.io will be opened again once everything is updated. (ETA TBA)
- Not updated Wallets will no longer sync. - So make sure you update your wallets.
- Not updated Masternodes, will go missing. - So make sure you update your self hosted Masternodes.
- All masternodes will go missing, again, for a last time, ever. (Hopefully)
- Masternodes hosted on our Pool, will receive the update automatically. (You have to do nothing)
- If you are using hosted MN service, please get in contact with your provider on what you should do next. (i.e. alqomn.com)
- We will be moving our Mining pool to microsoft azure in order to make it more reliable, accessible and easier/faster upgradeable.
jackson997

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:03:01 AM

why cryptobridge disabled ALQO ? "The owner of BRIDGE.ALQO has disabled trading in this market."

so what, I have 80 ALQO on crypto-bridge.org and I cant do nothing with them, I cant sell and I cant withdraw
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:23:41 AM

Copy Dev reply from discord:

@everyone

This update is not out yet. It is the initial announce for the update.  - All alqo movement will be halted until we can deploy this update, for now:

Close your wallets. Wait for the update.
We are syncing everything. Will take a couple of hours.

Attention:

After our try to urgently fix the chain split issue due to not updated pools, masternodes, wallets etc,
we came to a solution, which will fix all problems once for all.

Some will not like this change, but this was the least worse road we could go. (Other options were : New Blockchain/Coin ; HardFork ; CoinSwap etc)
This way we can provide the least loss for everyone.

Solution:

We will from now on disable all other mining pools (and single miners) from being able to mine alqo, for the entire PoW phase from now on.
Our official pool will have 0% Mining Fees, and all current, clean updates. This will secure that no other chains can be created out of alqo.

This complete centralization of alqo, will only be for the rest of the PoW phase, so that this can be done without ANY further issues like:
Masternodes going missing, more sidechains or 51% attacks.
We believe that this way, we can provide the security people want and need for alqo.

Also this will be, hopefully, the last daemon update from our side. (Liberio is not a daemon update)

Once PoS starts, everything will become as planned.

Today was a black day in the history of alqo, and while we had a lot of problems and attempts to solve this, we believe that this is the only
real solution on our end. But we thank the community, for supporting us and newcomers that came today into alqo, that you helped them, explained the situation,
and kept a cool head. Thats why we would never leave you guys behind, and provide, a clean and smart alqo, which is from now on operated from our pool only.

We hope that you can understand this decision, and again, stand on our side to make a good cryptocurrency and a good start for Bitfineon this year.

---

Sidenotes:

- We will do again a rollback to Block 225000.
- You will have to do a last update in your Wallet and self-hosted Masternodes.
- CryptoBridge and CoinExchange.io will be opened again once everything is updated. (ETA TBA)
- Not updated Wallets will no longer sync. - So make sure you update your wallets.
- Not updated Masternodes, will go missing. - So make sure you update your self hosted Masternodes.
- All masternodes will go missing, again, for a last time, ever. (Hopefully)
- Masternodes hosted on our Pool, will receive the update automatically. (You have to do nothing)
- If you are using hosted MN service, please get in contact with your provider on what you should do next. (i.e. alqomn.com)
- We will be moving our Mining pool to microsoft azure in order to make it more reliable, accessible and easier/faster upgradeable.

Thanks for copying from Discord.

I was recently banned from their discord channel for questioning their actions regarding this update. I wish they would have taken my feedback more serious because this whole mess might have been avoided. But hey, what do I know....

The biggest problem is the lack of communication and trying to push this new reward % through.

Very disappointing.
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:47:30 AM

why cryptobridge disabled ALQO ? "The owner of BRIDGE.ALQO has disabled trading in this market."

so what, I have 80 ALQO on crypto-bridge.org and I cant do nothing with them, I cant sell and I cant withdraw

Like it is said in the announcement: Hold your coins untill the issue is worked out. It wouldn't make sense for you to sell the coins now anyway, because of the rollback to block 225000. Stay calm and wait for the devs to rework the issue. Evrything will be fine. I have faith in the devs!

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

Hi,

We've added ALQO to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

quark pool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/gomining?algo=quark

Blocks found by zpool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/block?id=2860

Cheers!

We've dropped ALQO form the pool. If you're waiting for payments, you'll need to talk to the kids in charge of this coin.

bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:36:15 PM

Copy Dev reply from discord

We are making progress. The new Blockchain seems to be working good, we are trying to fix the other stuff right now (i.e. Explorer) we would recommend just to stay calm, and download the new Wallet from the website.

Do not start hardcore mining just yet.
duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:20:12 PM

Update from the team of ALQO

Once everything is working normally again, we will have a community vote on switching to PoS or not. The decisions that were made, were made in order to get the Blockchain running again
cashen

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:30:10 PM

Updated wallet on GITHUB

https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO/releases/
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:13:54 PM

Update from discord:

Statement: 14th. April Issue - Dual Chainsplit, Wrong updating

Today, while we were having our update, some pools did not properly update, which made us ending up with 3 different Blockchains.
The main Blockchain was stuck at Block 225000 - for several hours, while 2 split chains were running. High hashrates on the wrong Pools made our Masternodes and Wallets, switch to one of the corrupt Blockchains.

We have now wiped out other Blockchains and took over our own Blockchain with the urgent update.
Please follow instructions stated by @Kevin "pixelz" Collmer in order to update your wallets and masternodes properly.

We will soon work together with the exchanges to bring things back to normal. We would still suggest you not to send any alqo around until we give you green lights.

To Pool Owners/Miners:
We know we made some Miners angry with the last updates in reward allocation, but this is not the way how to fix issues, this hurts a lot of investors, and also your mining source.
If you are not sure how to update your pool, feel free to contact us, BEFORE the update is due, next time.

I do agree that this is not the right way to go about it, but like i mentioned before, this coin wouldn't be shit without the miners. the miners are responsible for creating and contribute considerably in maintaining the integrity of the platform. then without a vote, they turned around and fucked them all. Where is the decentralization in that. POW just showed you who really matter. Take care.

Well anyway that helped no one. Sure it was a important decision  without a vote, but the biggest holders would still have voted in their favor
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:40:38 PM

Update from discord:

Today, while we were having our update, some pools did not properly update, which made us ending up with 3 different Blockchains.
The main Blockchain was stuck at Block 225000 - for several hours, while 2 split chains were running. High hashrates on the wrong Pools made our Masternodes and Wallets, switch to one of the corrupt Blockchains.

We have now wiped out other Blockchains and took over our own Blockchain with the urgent update.
Please follow instructions stated by @Kevin "pixelz" Collmer in order to update your wallets and masternodes properly.

We will soon work together with the exchanges to bring things back to normal. We would still suggest you not to send any alqo around until we give you green lights.

To Pool Owners/Miners:
We know we made some Miners angry with the last updates in reward allocation, but this is not the way how to fix issues, this hurts a lot of investors, and also your mining source.
If you are not sure how to update your pool, feel free to contact us, BEFORE the update is due, next time.

I do agree that this is not the right way to go about it, but like i mentioned before, this coin wouldn't be shit without the miners. the miners are responsible for creating and contribute considerably in maintaining the integrity of the platform. then without a vote, they turned around and fucked them all. Where is the decentralization in that. POW just showed you who really matter. Take care.

Well anyway that helped no one. Sure it was a important decision  without a vote, but the biggest holders would still have voted in their favor

i agree aswell , anyway later or soon will be an VOTE for POS or keep POW witch is the same with the rewards..
cashen

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:45:48 PM

Update from discord:

To Pool Owners/Miners:

i agree aswell , anyway later or soon will be an VOTE for POS or keep POW witch is the same with the rewards..

Why do you think that. They didn't do a vote for this debacle.

"100% Governance"
ron1989

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:58:33 PM

Update from discord:

To Pool Owners/Miners:

Why do you think that. They didn't do a vote for this debacle.

"100% Governance"

so lets recap..
the coin isnt really %100 governance anymore,
the devs made a half-baked decision to fuck the miners so they could increase their masternode rewards
it backfired big time.
what is this amateur hour?

they might as well go 100% PoS right now. like I said before they pushed the update, they would lose all their hashrate - and look what happened.
Nobody will mine alqo for the current reward, its a slap in the face to the miners who helped establish this coin's SECURE network.

22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:51:43 AM

more news about exchnages? and how is the network status?
xiaopihai

Activity: 173
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:11:30 AM

Did you change the chain without receiving any notice? ? ? My mine pool has a lot of hash
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Well, i agree. It was not the good way to go and just do the changes without a vote (especially when claiming 100% governance). ANY IMPORTANT changes to the system must go through a vote now IMO. Otherwise you get the problems, we got now with angry miners and confused MN owners regarding updates and downtimes of their MNs, which leads to uncertainty and stress that could have been avoided.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

Well, i agree. It was not the good way to go and just do the changes without a vote (especially when claiming 100% governance). ANY IMPORTANT changes to the system must go through a vote now IMO. Otherwise you get the problems, we got now with angry miners and confused MN owners regarding updates and downtimes of their MNs, which leads to uncertainty and stress that could have been avoided.

I will oppose you in this case. A chainsplit is a very specific emergency situation which requires immediate and decisive action. In my opinion, team followed through correctly, they took all necessary steps to clear the situation and make the blockchain run. Voting would probably lead to delayed solution, further continuation of splitted chains, losses for miners and even bigger disappointment among MN holders.

It has been hard time for ALQO but it remains strong. Another voting after the dust settles is a great decision.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: