Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs  (Read 25113 times)
stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:06:24 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 04:19:05 AM by frodocooper

The last thing I saw, said they will be releasing 2 BIG batches on Christmas Day. Each batch
with a different ship out month, which I've got to agree, is very irritating. People bought the
March batch not knowing they would release February again.

Why is it irrating? I prefer it this way so I have an option. Well I chose the march batch because its cheaper!  Wink

I hope with the recent correction on BTC price, the major miner manufacturers will stop raising prices.
Although they have the complete control over the market, one can still hope for the better. One thing I
can say about Pangolinminers is, atleast I see them releasing info regularly. I like when a company does
that, so I just don't set around wondering what's happening.

Well said, that makes two of us.

side-note:
I also remember someone said few days ago "I hope the btc price will plunge just before the miner manufacturers released the new miners' price.."
I think he or she has had the wishes grant, and alot of panicked people with sweaty palms along with the ride.

(Moderator note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 04:21:17 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 04:20:44 AM by frodocooper

The last thing I saw, said they will be releasing 2 BIG batches on Christmas Day. Each batch
with a different ship out month, which I've got to agree, is very irritating. People bought the
March batch not knowing they would release February again.

Why is it irrating? I prefer it this way so I have an option. Well I chose the march batch because its cheaper!  Wink

I hope with the recent correction on BTC price, the major miner manufacturers will stop raising prices.
Although they have the complete control over the market, one can still hope for the better. One thing I
can say about Pangolinminers is, atleast I see them releasing info regularly. I like when a company does
that, so I just don't set around wondering what's happening.

Well said, that makes two of us.

side-note:
I also remember someone said few days ago "I hope the btc price will plunge just before the miner manufacturers released the new miners' price.."
I think he or she has had the wishes grant, and alot of panicked people with sweaty palms along with the ride.

(Moderator note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)

I find it irritating because, I want my product a soon as possible. I ordered from the February batch they Re-released
from a hold they had. Just days after I ordered they gave a "Buy Now" option to be shipped immediately. Granted, this
option was double the price, but it was an option I didn't know existed. That's irritating.

I do believe who ever made that wish, might want to play the lottery! Haha!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:53:43 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 04:22:03 AM by frodocooper

I find it irritating because, I want my product a soon as possible. I ordered from the February batch they Re-released
from a hold they had. Just days after I ordered they gave a "Buy Now" option to be shipped immediately. Granted, this
option was double the price, but it was an option I didn't know existed. That's irritating.

I do believe who ever made that wish, might want to play the lottery! Haha!

The mining - hardware section in BTT has been awfully quiet since the btc price selling-down.

I guess the correction in crypto prices is good for the mining community, as the process flushes out the opportunist (those who buy/sell miners to flip) and leave the genuine miner alone.
*but i have digressed.

Pangolinminer site will be up on Christmas Day, according to their tweeters update.

Meanwhile, have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:
GbrilliantQ

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:44:54 AM

It's irritating because I bought 9 M3's for March Batch last week.  Up to that point, they didn't really have multiple batches.  I bought 9 assuming like any normal business they would have batches like normal businesses. Feb batch sells out, March is next, then April....etc. Not 350 units for March 5 days later a large batch for Feb again. It's not right to do.  I paid for mine before others and I will get mine after they do. That is what is irritating.
Cryptosaf

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:54:37 AM

Technical Support for M3 Required:

Has anyone tried to get support on their M3?  I got mine from China this week and it doesn't work.  The device spins up okay, the fans blow (it's very loud) and the PSU seems fine but the CGMiner software refuses to start.  I understand the device needs a handful of minutes to get going but even after over 30 minutes running, CGMiner still does not start.  I have been trying to get support form the Whatsminer people but the email responses are lack lustre and not super effective.  Also, the device has no diagnostic features in the interface so I don't know how to work out what is wrong with it.  Not only that but I have no way of telling whether the hasboards are working or if the control board is okay.  The device does not come with a manual either although on the Whatsminer Facebook page there is a WhatsMinerTool Guide V1.6 that you can download from their Google Drive but when you try access it you need to request permission and of course no one responds to that request.

So, I have several issues here:

1) I bought a VERY expensive piece of kit from China, it arrives and it does not work
2) Technical support is weak
3) In the interface it suggests that you go to some Micro Bit page for support and the page does not exist.
4) Pangolinminer is owned by Whatsminer, they sell globally so you would think technical support is available through Pangolinminer, so I created an account on their website and raised a support ticket and not a soul has answered me
5) Connecting to the device via SSH, I try starting the CGMiner software, it simply states "All devices are diabled. Cannot mine!" 

So, considering that Whatsminer is competing with the likes of Bitmain for which there is OFFICIAL CGMiner support on the CGMiner support threads and Whatsminer is NOT supported by CK (The guy who created CGMiner), I would like to know what Whatsminer and Pangolinminer intend on doing regarding bridging this support gap because I can guarantee you there is no shortage of support both from Bitmain and the community on Bitmain products.  So far, my experience of this group and their product/product support has been weak. 

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone from Whatsminer or Pangolinminer could make the effort to reach out and HELP ME with this thing I have paid so much money for, bearing in mind I am from South Africa so effectively I pay 13 times what the Whatsminer is sold for as our exchange rate is 13 of our currency to $1.  So when I say I paid A LOT of money, I am not kidding!!
iamtaaaro

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:49:49 PM

Has anyone tried to get support on their M3?  I got mine from China this week and it doesn't work.  The device spins up okay, the fans blow (it's very loud) and the PSU seems fine but the CGMiner software refuses to start.  I understand the device needs a handful of minutes to get going but even after over 30 minutes running, CGMiner still does not start.  I have been trying to get support form the Whatsminer people but the email responses are lack lustre and not super effective.  Also, the device has no diagnostic features in the interface so I don't know how to work out what is wrong with it.  Not only that but I have no way of telling whether the hasboards are working or if the control board is okay.  The device does not come with a manual either although on the Whatsminer Facebook page there is a WhatsMinerTool Guide V1.6 that you can download from their Google Drive but when you try access it you need to request permission and of course no one responds to that request.

1) I bought a VERY expensive piece of kit from China, it arrives and it does not work
3) In the interface it suggests that you go to some Micro Bit page for support and the page does not exist.
4) Pangolinminer is owned by Whatsminer, they sell globally so you would think technical support is available through Pangolinminer, so I created an account on their website and raised a support ticket and not a soul has answered me
5) Connecting to the device via SSH, I try starting the CGMiner software, it simply states "All devices are diabled. Cannot mine!" 

So, considering that Whatsminer is competing with the likes of Bitmain for which there is OFFICIAL CGMiner support on the CGMiner support threads and Whatsminer is NOT supported by CK (The guy who created CGMiner), I would like to know what Whatsminer and Pangolinminer intend on doing regarding bridging this support gap because I can guarantee you there is no shortage of support both from Bitmain and the community on Bitmain products.  So far, my experience of this group and their product/product support has been weak. 

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone from Whatsminer or Pangolinminer could make the effort to reach out and HELP ME with this thing I have paid so much money for, bearing in mind I am from South Africa so effectively I pay 13 times what the Whatsminer is sold for as our exchange rate is 13 of our currency to $1.  So when I say I paid A LOT of money, I am not kidding!!

-have you follow setup from this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2390138.0
-what pool you use?
-Can you screenshot CGMiner page and upload it here?

maybe some member of this forum could help you if you provide us the detail.
Cryptosaf

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:06:48 PM

-have you follow setup from this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2390138.0
-what pool you use?

Yes, I did follow that post.  I put a reply there asking if anyone could help.  I tried Slushpool, f2pool, and Antpool.  See the picture below:

1) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m0uYPcc_o-T_I2ZQ8G3M6qDk_wUVgX-2
iamtaaaro

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

-what pool you use?

Yes, I did follow that post.  I put a reply there asking if anyone could help.  I tried Slushpool, f2pool, and Antpool.  See the picture below:

thats weird, can u try use pool.viabtc? me myself using that pool, but not with M3 device.
what you mean with "CGMiner still does not start", no work accepted or what, sorry for those question, im curious to know since im gettign this device february batch.
btw, try contact them via facebook message, they did reply me well. or whatsapp them. so far, they never fail reply my message, yet.
Cryptosaf

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:22:38 PM

-what pool you use?

thats weird, can u try use pool.viabtc? me myself using that pool, but not with M3 device.
what you mean with "CGMiner still does not start", no work accepted or what, sorry for those question, im curious to know since im gettign this device february batch.
btw, try contact them via facebook message, they did reply me well. or whatsapp them. so far, they never fail reply my message, yet.

I haven't tried pool.viabtc.  When I say "CGMiner still does not start", I am referring to the mining software that is installed on the controller board.  CGMiner is the same software that Antminer uses except that Whatsminer uses their own version because it is open source.  In the web interface there is an option to view the device overview and in there you see a value for CGMiner version.  It cannot tell me the CGMiner version because it says "Waiting for CGMiner to start" but the software never does start.  Also, I cannot view the API log because it says "Cannot open socket.  Connection refused..."

I have not contacted them via Facebook but I have contacted them via their website and on whatsapp and I received no reply.  I will try Facebook message.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:37:24 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 09:36:34 PM by Shazam!!!

@ Cryptosaf

I've made contact with Pangolinminer a few times in the last few weeks. I was NEVER able to hear back from
them on a weekend though. ( Friday, Saturday Sunday) Hopefully the communication problem you are having
is because, they do not work on the weekends.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon! If I happen to find anything related to this, I will post my findings here.

Edit: I've found somethings about cgminer not starting, and some mention "try changing your internet cable".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432340.0

Some others mention changing info in the .bat file, but I do not know if that accessible on the M3's cgminer.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Cryptosaf

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:04:38 PM

@ Cryptosaf

I've made contact with Pangolinminer a few times in the last few weeks. I was NEVER able to hear back from
them on a weekend though. ( Friday, Saturday Sunday) Hopefully the communication problem you are having
is because, they do not work on the weekends.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon! If I happen to find anything related to this, I will post my findings here.

Edit: I've found somethings about cgminer not starting, and some mention "try changing your internet cable".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432340.0

Some others mention changing info in the .bat file, but I do not know if that accessible on the M3's cgminer.

@Shazam,

Thx for the comments mate.  I'll try a different LAN cable, is probably worth a try.  The same cable connects my laptop to the Internet hence me using that but at this point anything is worth trying.  As for the support, no worries I realise they don't work weekends :-)
vadiara50

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:05:23 AM

Dear friends. Tell us about your experience of shopping for pre-order in February or March of Butch. Can I pay for the pre-order using paypal? If not, tell someone how paid. If you pay by bitcoins, what to do with long-running transactions-how do I verify payment?
Olds1967

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:12:26 PM

No more PayPal for pre-orders.  I paid with Bitcoin from my Ledger wallet.  It went though pretty quickly.  It took a couple of minutes to show on their page the payment had started.  If it is a long transaction they have a form to fill out on the front page of their site.

Cheyne
vadiara50

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:45:09 PM

No more PayPal for pre-orders.  I paid with Bitcoin from my Ledger wallet.  It went though pretty quickly.  It took a couple of minutes to show on their page the payment had started.  If it is a long transaction they have a form to fill out on the front page of their site.

Cheyne

Thanks for the reply. And at what rate bitcoins take payment?
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:57:41 PM

Dear friends. Tell us about your experience of shopping for pre-order in February or March of Butch. Can I pay for the pre-order using paypal? If not, tell someone how paid. If you pay by bitcoins, what to do with long-running transactions-how do I verify payment?

As Olds1967 stated, PayPal is not being used at this time. My transaction with BTC went very smoothly.
It was very quick, as a matter of fact, compared to other purchases I've done. Read back through the
threads on here about Pangolinminer, you'll see what other buyers had to say. Some had problems with
the orders "dropping", but the issues were resolved.

vadiara50

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:19:51 PM

As Olds1967 stated, PayPal is not being used at this time. My transaction with BTC went very smoothly.
It was very quick, as a matter of fact, compared to other purchases I've done. Read back through the
threads on here about Pangolinminer, you'll see what other buyers had to say. Some had problems with
Thank you. Yes, I have the whole subject reviewed. So when you pay they just give the address of your purse and you are there takes bitcoin? No more forms, no need to fill out?
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:26:43 PM

Thank you. Yes, I have the whole subject reviewed. So when you pay they just give the address of your purse and you are there takes bitcoin? No more forms, no need to fill out?

They give you an option: You can hit open Wallet right there and pay or, you can copy their address and
pay manually within your wallet. I used the second method, just because I don't like to open my wallet
while I'm on line. After you pay, they show you the transaction on the Blockchain. You will start seeing
confirmations shortly after that. I'd say if there are no confirmations after an Hour, send them a message
asking if there is a problem.

vadiara50

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:48:43 PM

They give you an option: You can hit open Wallet right there and pay or, you can copy their address and
pay manually within your wallet. I used the second method, just because I don't like to open my wallet
while I'm on line. After you pay, they show you the transaction on the Blockchain. You will start seeing
confirmations shortly after that. I'd say if there are no confirmations after an Hour, send them a message
asking if there is a problem.

Great, thanks, now everything is more clear, it would be better for paypal or card, but bitcoin is bitcoin so
Korkmaz

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:26:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

Pangolinminer Company

This company is safe? Payment Method?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 04:52:32 PM

Yes. See my review thread (link in my signature).

Payments via btc transaction.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: