Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] «Envion» Most Profitable Self-Expanding Crypto Infrastructure  (Read 125592 times)
fm1984

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

I made a video about the investors meeting and explain a bit how the cooling works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWFsqRMTt4&feature=youtu.be  Grin

Thank you, but what you told is all in the white paper. The question is how is this gonna work, when the outside temperature is warm??

Are this MMU gonna be only near cheap electricity sources where it is cool? So what is the point of this mobility?
fm1984

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:11:44 PM

lol

so not true. There are mining farms with access to cheap hydropowerplant in which you can invest ALL over the WORLD (USA, Austria, Iceland, Eastern Europe, Thaland ...)

just google it

I think Envion will be the best ICO of mining equipment. All the others are not even close to what Envion is going to offer. not even close.
envion

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:06:38 PM

@ Envion

I appreciate your replies but I still have questions. Always looking for good investment, but I am still not convinced. Just wanna say that I am blocked to on your Telegram, your people there are very impolite, they do not answer my question and kicked me out. I was very friendly, but I guess you have something to hide.

I do not think your company is a scam, but I am convinced you are in over your head. I expect delays and broken promises. Maybe in one year your company will be interesting to invest in...

Postponing an ICO is a very bad sign in my opinion... Serious business keeps its deadlines.

That is very nice that you have a ´big bank´investing in crypto, good for you. Would be nice to know which bank! Especially when we in the crypto world know how banks are big fans of cryptocurrency.

Secondly still no answer on where your metal boxes with hot miners will be stationed. Are you planning on putting some next to solar power plant some where with a lot of sun? Where it is hot and not 26 °C, the temperature you mention in WP. Before you say, read the white paper, I have. You talk about using the heat for other purposes but how about performance in hot and humid area´s. Do you have any test done? Where are the results?

WP says: ´Converting our MMU’s waste heat into a system where thermal energy is useful provides savings which are directly proportional to the amount of electrical energy being converted by the MMU. Heating expenses, before and after installation of a MMU inside a heated warehouse or greenhouse, can thus be easily assessed and the savings on heating the building can be directly deducted from the MMU’s electricity bill. This creates another unique competitive advantage for the envion MMU over conventional mining farms, which are typically installed in remote areas and thus unable to recycle their massive amounts of thermal energy.´

So you gonna put the MMU inside buildings? Who is gonna pay for that?

Secondly, are you putting people, engineers in the containers for maintaining the facility? WP says ´There are fully automated systems in place which detect defective rigs, based on IP address and rig denotations, so that any maintenance worker is able to locate defective hardware within a very limited amount of time.´

So if you have ANY mining experience you should know that a person on the ground is mandatory. All your WP says, you have fancy sensors, but who is going to fix the miners that are broken? Where are your engineers located? Who is paying them?

Last, your WP claims you can fit up to 96 ASIC miners in one MMU( container), so what is going to happen when this miners are outdated? In the current situation it is very likely that every 6  to 9 months new companies will come with more efficient miners. So if a miner would cost 1000$ (very optimistic projection) you will have to spend 96 000 $ to update your MMU. Who is paying that?

Hi.  The answers to all these questions are on Telegram. You would still be able to look them up if you hadn't been hostile and had group members ask that you be banned.  It's an unfortunate trend that people who cannot be civil on Telegram come to bitcointalk to air their grievances. Asking nicely is a much easier alternative.

But here we are, so here goes:

POSTPONING
Postponing was a no-brainer. We're looking at deals that could rival the size of our ICO and bring greater returns to every token holder.  Nobody who manages to get a token on the 15th is going to second-guess that decision.

BANK INFO
We'll give evidence of the cooperation in the coming days even if we can't give the bank name.  This is big news for us and a top priority.

TEMPERATURE EXTREMES
Our MMUs work at VERY low temp with outside temperatures in a normal range.  Our testing shows that it will work in 40C. Also, if we need to retrofit a container for a special installation location, then we'll do that.

We plan on a number of customization to deal with environmental factors, not just temperature.  For example, our latest innovations have to do with shock since micro vibrations can affect chips in the long term.

Right now we have the luxury of choice of where in the world we install. These edge cases are a non-issue to profitability. For some reason, people think the company can't make money because there exist places in the world where X occurs.  We just won't take those deals if we can't figure out a way to make money. There are plenty of offers where we can do just fine.

HEATING
Our operating unit is currently inside a factory providing winter heat. 

MAINTENANCE
Anyone can put GPUs in a box and call it a mining unit.  Our innovation is that we use the same processes that industry uses to design for maintenance, for production lines, and for remote operation.  If you are comparing envion to random miners operating in a random corner of the world and not enterprises like Bosch or Samsung, then you don't grasp how we operate.

The MMUs are designed to be as low maintenance as possible.  Even thought they are close to zero maintenance, our first customers will host large arrays of dozens of MMUs—places where it will be cost effective to have maintenance personnel on duty or where power plant personnel can be trained to perform routine activities. 

Eventually, we will engineer all of the remaining manual maintenance activities out of the design and it will be possible to install a single unit somewhere where maintenance personnel is not available.  Again, for now we have the luxury of choice and all the calculations for this are in the ROI details we've published.

HARDWARE REPLACEMENT
Our calculations include regular hardware replacements due to bad miners or occasional burn out.  More importantly, our mining software makes those replacements much less likely. 

When the hardware is no longer able to mine profitably, then we use it for something else.  Large enterprises as well as startups are investing billions into blockchain technologies and the computational power from these miners can be used to provide the physical infrastructure these businesses rely on.  The cost of the container itself is marginal compared to the GPU/ASIC price.  When they are completely obsolete and cannot provide any more value, the entire unit will simply be replaced.  That's part of what the 25% reinvestment is about—growth and deprecated MMU replacement.  That is all part of the ROI calculations.

CLOSING
In the future, when you come to our community channels, be polite.  Search the existing content for answers and ask any unanswered questions nicely. If you still have questions, please ask them here.  We are listening.

Godsrevenge

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:25:09 PM

Envion, these are exiting news - congrats.

I guess the high rate of critical requests is also a good sign, because some of these are people, to invest a lot of money, why they want to be 100 percent convinced. That's at least my personal impression.

envion

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:13:56 AM

Envion, these are exiting news - congrats.

I guess the high rate of critical requests is also a good sign, because some of these are people, to invest a lot of money, why they want to be 100 percent convinced. That's at least my personal impression.

We love critical requests and we're happy to answer people who are nice about asking hard questions.

It's a big responsibility to gain your trust and demonstrate our value to investors.

Thanks for your support!
mrelich

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 12:29:18 AM

Hi team, good news that the project has attracted some large investors. But please explain one thing to me, a potential small investor - I thought that the only way you plan to collect the money to start the project is via ICO, and that you are planning to distribute 100% of the profit to token holders. However, if you get other large investments outside the ICO, how would you distribute the profits then? Then it wouldn't be 100% of profits to token holders, as the large investors outside the ICO would also want their part of profit? Please explain.
Pfandgrinding

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:42:52 AM

Hi team, good news that the project has attracted some large investors. But please explain one thing to me, a potential small investor - I thought that the only way you plan to collect the money to start the project is via ICO, and that you are planning to distribute 100% of the profit to token holders. However, if you get other large investments outside the ICO, how would you distribute the profits then? Then it wouldn't be 100% of profits to token holders, as the large investors outside the ICO would also want their part of profit? Please explain.

thats a good question, they might promise them a good chunk of company shares when Envion hits the stock market.
fm1984

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:43:54 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 01:14:23 AM by fm1984

Hi.  The answers to all these questions are on Telegram. You would still be able to look them up if you hadn't been hostile and had group members ask that you be banned.  It's an unfortunate trend that people who cannot be civil on Telegram come to bitcointalk to air their grievances. Asking nicely is a much easier alternative.
CLOSING
In the future, when you come to our community channels, be polite.  Search the existing content for answers and ask any unanswered questions nicely. If you still have questions, please ask them here.  We are listening.

@Envion

Thanks for replying my questions. I found your project interesting at first sight, hell I was willing to invest! But then I read the article in Hacked, and now I see, it was 100% on the spot!  https://hacked.com/continue-reading/

But as we have freedom on the net, and this forum is legendary for spreading info, (as many people invested their valuable time to improve our world with blockchain), you have tempted me to a response. Please do not forget YOU are the one here selling something, I am not. I am giving my opinion to investors. Here goes :

Dear Envion,

Firstly please stop lying. I haven´t insulted anyone on your Telegram, your people there just blocked me because I dared to ask questions. Exact same thing happened to guy from Hacked. You accused him of insults too.

If you accuse me of something be sure to deliver proof. I dare you! I have this chats on Telegram stored, don´t make me post it here. Again I did not insult anyone, your people on Telegram are arrogant, as are you, and not able to go in discussion. All they keep reapeting is, and I will put it in simple words:

"read the white paper, everything is in there. We are professionals, we know what we do, stop asking stupid questions. Trust us, give us our money."  

It is fine to explain to noobs  on Telegram how they can transfer their money to you, but I want answers to my questions.
__
POSTPONING
Postponing was a no-brainer. We're looking at deals that could rival the size of our ICO and bring greater returns to every token holder.  Nobody who manages to get a token on the 15th is going to second-guess that decision.

--> no real content here. So one day before the ICO should begin, you have new deals, but no info on what deal. We should just trust you and wait for it. Will do! Very curious. I think you didn't´t get enough fishes.
___
BANK INFO
We'll give evidence of the cooperation in the coming days even if we can't give the bank name.  This is big news for us and a top priority.

--> again no content. So we will never know which bank it is. We will just have to trust you. I will be waiting for your evidence.
__
TEMPERATURE EXTREMES
Our MMUs work at VERY low temp with outside temperatures in a normal range.  Our testing shows that it will work in 40C. Also, if we need to retrofit a container for a special installation location, then we'll do that.

--> I will repeat my question form previous two posts. Where are these test? Where are these results? in you white paper you have fancy sketches and pictures. Why can´t we see these tests? This is the deal breaker for me. I want the data, show it if you are legit!
__
Right now we have the luxury of choice of where in the world we install. These edge cases are a non-issue to profitability. For some reason, people think the company can't make money because there exist places in the world where X occurs.  We just won't take those deals if we can't figure out a way to make money. There are plenty of offers where we can do just fine.

---> So let me quote your white paper in case you forgot:

"...This process has gone even further. In India, Chile and the Middle East, PV plants get paid as little as $0.03 to $0.04 Cents (USD) per kWh generated, which is only a slightly more than the price of dirty coal power..." and

" ... Once built, they are tied to their location and might lose competitiveness to other locations if price structures change. While new market conditions might be lethal for traditional data centers, they offer vast opportunities for the global,  exible and intelligent mining operation that envion is launching now..."

So I read: in India, Chile, Middle East and also California, there is cheap electricity for now, and your MMU will be moved to location where this cheaper power is available so to this hot countries. And you are saying "we just won´t take deals if we can figure out". What is it now? Have you or have you not figured it out? It reads in the white paper as, you have figured everything out, and you´re willing to move your MMUs to places like this. Why use this places like an example if you re not gonna move MMUs there.  Now you are saying "people think the company....". Yes I think, I am people.
___
HEATING

--> Do you have a big demand on heaters for factories? Do you have deals? Can you provide more info on that?
__
MAINTENANCE
Anyone can put GPUs in a box and call it a mining unit.  Our innovation is that we use the same processes that industry uses to design for maintenance, for production lines, and for remote operation.  If you are comparing envion to random miners operating in a random corner of the world and not enterprises like Bosch or Samsung, then you don't grasp how we operate.

---> Yes, correct. I don´t grasp how you operate. That is exactly why I have asked you this questions. Furthermore just so you know, there are already many multibillion industrial mining farms around the world. I know this because I have seen them with my own eyes or footage of them. From your company I have seen two youtube videos of a container with holes in it and two small fans on the sides...
___
The MMUs are designed to be as low maintenance as possible.  Even thought they are close to zero maintenance, our first customers will host large arrays of dozens of MMUs—places where it will be cost effective to have maintenance personnel on duty or where power plant personnel can be trained to perform routine activities.  

--> This is my favourite part of your reply.
So your answer to my question, where the engineer or IT guys will be, inside the container or sitting outside somewhere, or traveling. Your answer is, power plant personal will be trained? lol
And I also like the part where you have customers who will put miners in dozens of MMUs. One MMU fits about 90 ASICS so >1000 ASICS will come your way. Do you have a timeline when this dozens of MMUs are going to be released? Do you already have such customers who have over 1000 ASIC ready to put in a container?
____
Eventually, we will engineer all of the remaining manual maintenance activities out of the design and it will be possible to install a single unit somewhere where maintenance personnel is not available.  Again, for now we have the luxury of choice and all the calculations for this are in the ROI details we've published.

--> I can not believe my eyes! So you are telling, you are going to monitor (realistic), control (realistic) and maintain (NOT realistic) over 90 miners from a distance? But until you get there "eventually" you will have the power plant guys do it? Hmmm good very satisfying response.
____
HARDWARE REPLACEMENT
Our calculations include regular hardware replacements due to bad miners or occasional burn out.  More importantly, our mining software makes those replacements much less likely.  

--> This is maybe the biggest invention and news. So you have software which will compensate for inferior hardware? So if GMO manages to make 7nm chips and miners come out. You have 100 000 USD ready for replacement ? Or is your software going to compensate?
____
When the hardware is no longer able to mine profitably, then we use it for something else. Large enterprises as well as startups are investing billions into blockchain technologies and the computational power from these miners can be used to provide the physical infrastructure these businesses rely on.  The cost of the container itself is marginal compared to the GPU/ASIC price.  When they are completely obsolete and cannot provide any more value, the entire unit will simply be replaced.  That's part of what the 25% reinvestment is about—growth and deprecated MMU replacement.  That is all part of the ROI calculations.

--> Yes throw some more "billions and millions" I guess the greedy noobs really like that. 25% will cover the cost of 100 000USD new mining hardware you will need every year for each MMU? You probably have heard of technological singularity ? Yes Blockchain is big business now already and everyone wants a piece. If you are in crypto for several years and have witnessed the parabolic growth, not just of price of crypto, but advances in mining hardware. Then you will get my point, your MMUs with a price tag of 100 000 are too expensive! I expect hardware updates will be needed at least once a year. This means the cost of a MMU will be double of what you expect it to. So all your calculation and 25% is not going to make it.

My Conclusion:
This is all my personal opinion.  Everyone is free to invest in what they want. Everyone is free to their opinion. This is why this kind of forum exists. If you do not want people asking questions or being critical, then you do not know the mindset of the core supporters of crypto. Then just ran adds on google as click bate.

For people new in crypto, watch out, do your own thinking and invest only that what you can afford loosing.
I do not think Envion is a scam. The idea of mobile mining solutions sounds nice. But the question is, when there are already big mining facilities function and offer   0.03 or 0.04USD power cost and offer maintenance of miners, offer professional engineers working on the project. People who mined before some of this guys of Envion even knew what Bitcoin was. Why take the risk with Envion? For me this guys do not bring real answers, they are common salesman. Just repeating sentences with no reals content, trying to get a piece of the cake.  I rather by coins and HODL!  
P.S. Examples of failed ICOs on mining:
https://affinitymining.io
https://mineum.org
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/tothemoon/
Good luck everyone!
fm1984

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:53:47 AM

Sorry for the poor english guys. I corrected some mistakes but I guess there are still some in there. English is not my native language
PoweredBy SMF

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:20:29 AM

i have been following this project from the onset, it is actually a great project but at this point envion won't achieve the expected mass involvement couse of the verification terms... please do something fast before its too late.
envion

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:47:29 AM

Hi there. 

The ICO is essential to the success of envion, but the envion machine has more moving parts to it.  Envion distributes 100% of profits from Proprietary Operations (PO)—where envion owns and operates Mobile Mining Units—with our token holders.

If that were the only line of business, there would be no money to run the company.

The other part of the business is Third-Party Operations (TPO)—where a customer purchases MMUs and envion operates and maintains the mining units.  Envion distributes 35% of profits from TPO mining operations.  This has always been where envion's operating revenue comes from.

There are some important things to note about the difference between these two revenue streams:

First, the growth rate for PO is more or less fixed because there is a one-time investment, the ICO, and a 25% reinvestment policy that written into the smart contract.  Once the production run of PO MMUs financed by the ICO are deployed, growth will be steady at 25% forever.

Second, the growth rate for TPO is not fixed.  The more customers that want to purchase MMUs, the greater the growth of profits for envion AND for token holders who earn 35% of the TPO mining operations revenue.  This growth rate is infinite and PO is isolated from it.  That means if it grows, token holders earn more money. If it shrinks, PO will never be threatened—they are two separate business arms and, as indicated in the whitepaper, a separate business entity—a subsidiary of envion AG—will even be created to manage PO.

Lastly and most importantly, these are not two competing business divisions.  The PO MMUs will be the first to roll of the production line and the first to be deployed and installed.  The TPO units will only help to further corner the market and assure that envion gets the best deals, continues to innovate our product, and becomes and indispensable service provider to blockchain-dependent industries.

So this is a positive development for token holders.  More investment in the company means a healthier envion and a larger TPO operation which will increase dividends.  That was always part of the plan and now it's just happening faster than we could have imagined.

Tl:dr Token holders profit's are fixed for PO.  TPO growth is unlimited and token holders get 35% of TPO mining operations—that's the part that will scale much faster via these new deals.  There is no competition between the two.
envion

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:56:29 AM

Hi.  The answers to all these questions are on Telegram. You would still be able to look them up if you hadn't been hostile and had group members ask that you be banned.  It's an unfortunate trend that people who cannot be civil on Telegram come to bitcointalk to air their grievances. Asking nicely is a much easier alternative.
CLOSING
In the future, when you come to our community channels, be polite.  Search the existing content for answers and ask any unanswered questions nicely. If you still have questions, please ask them here.  We are listening.

@Envion

Thanks for replying my questions. I found your project interesting at first sight, hell I was willing to invest! But then I read the article in Hacked, and now I see, it was 100% on the spot!  https://hacked.com/continue-reading/

But as we have freedom on the net, and this forum is legendary for spreading info, (as many people invested their valuable time to improve our world with blockchain), you have tempted me to a response. Please do not forget YOU are the one here selling something, I am not. I am giving my opinion to investors. Here goes :

Dear Envion,

Firstly please stop lying. I haven´t insulted anyone on your Telegram, your people there just blocked me because I dared to ask questions. Exact same thing happened to guy from Hacked. You accused him of insults too.

If you accuse me of something be sure to deliver proof. I dare you! I have this chats on Telegram stored, don´t make me post it here. Again I did not insult anyone, your people on Telegram are arrogant, as are you, and not able to go in discussion. All they keep reapeting is, and I will put it in simple words:

"read the white paper, everything is in there. We are professionals, we know what we do, stop asking stupid questions. Trust us, give us our money."  

It is fine to explain to noobs  on Telegram how they can transfer their money to you, but I want answers to my questions.

-->--> No one is removed from Telegram unless they violate the channel's rules and other community members ask for them to be removed.  I do not act unilaterally and I give the same quality answers there as I do here.
__
POSTPONING
Postponing was a no-brainer. We're looking at deals that could rival the size of our ICO and bring greater returns to every token holder.  Nobody who manages to get a token on the 15th is going to second-guess that decision.

--> no real content here. So one day before the ICO should begin, you have new deals, but no info on what deal. We should just trust you and wait for it. Will do! Very curious. I think you didn't´t get enough fishes.

-->--> We have over 70,000 people signed up for the pre-sale.  I'm not aware of any other ICO that has gotten that kind of traction.  We have more than enough interest to meet our hardcap in a short time.
___
BANK INFO
We'll give evidence of the cooperation in the coming days even if we can't give the bank name.  This is big news for us and a top priority.

--> again no content. So we will never know which bank it is. We will just have to trust you. I will be waiting for your evidence.

-->--> Patience is important.  We are not a 4-person start-up.  The reason we can get big deals is that we operate like an enterprise and that means discretion on certain matters.  If we can't give the name, we'll do something like we did with our auditor deal so that you can verify what we say without having to disclose the name of the other parties to the deal.  

Something like this: https://medium.com/@envion/envion-has-engaged-big-four-consulting-firm-deae68d0bc24
__
TEMPERATURE EXTREMES
Our MMUs work at VERY low temp with outside temperatures in a normal range.  Our testing shows that it will work in 40C. Also, if we need to retrofit a container for a special installation location, then we'll do that.

--> I will repeat my question form previous two posts. Where are these test? Where are these results? in you white paper you have fancy sketches and pictures. Why can´t we see these tests? This is the deal breaker for me. I want the data, show it if you are legit!

-->--> Please read and respond to what we publish before you say there is no data.  https://medium.com/@envion/fundamentals-of-air-cooling-6263bbfd64dc

__
Right now we have the luxury of choice of where in the world we install. These edge cases are a non-issue to profitability. For some reason, people think the company can't make money because there exist places in the world where X occurs.  We just won't take those deals if we can't figure out a way to make money. There are plenty of offers where we can do just fine.

---> So let me quote your white paper in case you forgot:

"...This process has gone even further. In India, Chile and the Middle East, PV plants get paid as little as $0.03 to $0.04 Cents (USD) per kWh generated, which is only a slightly more than the price of dirty coal power..." and

" ... Once built, they are tied to their location and might lose competitiveness to other locations if price structures change. While new market conditions might be lethal for traditional data centers, they offer vast opportunities for the global,  exible and intelligent mining operation that envion is launching now..."

So I read: in India, Chile, Middle East and also California, there is cheap electricity for now, and your MMU will be moved to location where this cheaper power is available so to this hot countries. And you are saying "we just won´t take deals if we can figure out". What is it now? Have you or have you not figured it out? It reads in the white paper as, you have figured everything out, and you´re willing to move your MMUs to places like this. Why use this places like an example if you re not gonna move MMUs there.  Now you are saying "people think the company....". Yes I think, I am people.

-->--> Please consider all the the information I give as part of a constellation of data points that go into determining the eligibility of an install location.  Extreme condition X—whether it be temperature or something else—is just one of many conditions.  We believe we can go most of the places mentioned above right now.  If we encounter any one condition that seems prohibitive, then we consider the cost of a retrofitted container, change in design, additional maintenance, etc before accepting any deal.  

Just because I talk about constraints and decision points does not mean that any ONE of them is going to stop us form installing.  If it does, that's just part of doing business and we have plenty of offers, so at this point there are myriad options where mining is profitable right now—and yes, some of them will have us operating where ambient temperature is 40C.
___
HEATING

--> Do you have a big demand on heaters for factories? Do you have deals? Can you provide more info on that?

-->--> We have some interest, but far more from plant operators.  It's just representative of an alternative use case and we are being approached with new use case concepts from potential customers ever day.  After the ICO, we will spend more time evaluating which are the most promising.  For now, we are focused on plant operators with access to pre-grid energy and we will be fulfilling those orders for a long time to come.
__
MAINTENANCE
Anyone can put GPUs in a box and call it a mining unit.  Our innovation is that we use the same processes that industry uses to design for maintenance, for production lines, and for remote operation.  If you are comparing envion to random miners operating in a random corner of the world and not enterprises like Bosch or Samsung, then you don't grasp how we operate.

---> Yes, correct. I don´t grasp how you operate. That is exactly why I have asked you this questions. Furthermore just so you know, there are already many multibillion industrial mining farms around the world. I know this because I have seen them with my own eyes or footage of them. From your company I have seen two youtube videos of a container with holes in it and two small fans on the sides...

-->--> We have published many videos and live streams.  Please see our social media channels.  A container-based unit is never going to look like a multibillion-dollar data center.  They are designed to be modular, robust, and used standardized parts.  If you want a pretty looking mining unit, you're better off waiting until Apple designs one.  Ours are pieces of industrial equipment and that's what they look like.  

For example, the pipes on the outside are inexpensive standard DIN pipes.  We do that so that they can be replaced cheaply anywhere in the world to reduce cost and downtime should any part fail. Static data centers don't have this challenge so they don't have to work as hard on design.  They can use custom parts which are costly and hard to source.  If we tried to impress you with optics, our product would not meet the KPIs that make it viable for envion's business model use cases.
___
The MMUs are designed to be as low maintenance as possible.  Even thought they are close to zero maintenance, our first customers will host large arrays of dozens of MMUs—places where it will be cost effective to have maintenance personnel on duty or where power plant personnel can be trained to perform routine activities.  

--> This is my favourite part of your reply.
So your answer to my question, where the engineer or IT guys will be, inside the container or sitting outside somewhere, or traveling. Your answer is, power plant personal will be trained? lol
And I also like the part where you have customers who will put miners in dozens of MMUs. One MMU fits about 90 ASICS so >1000 ASICS will come your way. Do you have a timeline when this dozens of MMUs are going to be released? Do you already have such customers who have over 1000 ASIC ready to put in a container?

-->--> Maintenance personal will not need to monitor operations full time, if that's what you're asking.  The inside of a MMU is not hospitable to humans: it's windy and loud and the cooling system requires an unobstructed air flow.  

Yes, we have customers interested in large arrays.  I'm glad you like that.

Production starts in January.  It will take a few weeks to scale up the production line.  At scale, a MMU will roll off the line every few hours.  The full order for the ICO MMUs should be finished in Q2.

Yes, we have vendors for ASICs.  We organized this before announcing the ICO.  Since the ICO, we get offers every day from ASIC vendors.  When you are making multi-million-dollar orders, there is ample supply.
____
Eventually, we will engineer all of the remaining manual maintenance activities out of the design and it will be possible to install a single unit somewhere where maintenance personnel is not available.  Again, for now we have the luxury of choice and all the calculations for this are in the ROI details we've published.

--> I can not believe my eyes! So you are telling, you are going to monitor (realistic), control (realistic) and maintain (NOT realistic) over 90 miners from a distance? But until you get there "eventually" you will have the power plant guys do it? Hmmm good very satisfying response.

-->--> No.  This is the opposite of what I said.  Large arrays will have dedicated personnel.  We are not at the point where a single MMU can be 100% maintained from a distance.  That is the goal we are working toward. All installations will have plans for maintenance and that is factored into costs.
____
HARDWARE REPLACEMENT
Our calculations include regular hardware replacements due to bad miners or occasional burn out.  More importantly, our mining software makes those replacements much less likely.  

--> This is maybe the biggest invention and news. So you have software which will compensate for inferior hardware? So if GMO manages to make 7nm chips and miners come out. You have 100 000 USD ready for replacement ? Or is your software going to compensate?

-->--> Please read my whole response.  No, it's not cost effective to replace the entire hardware of a MMU (see below).  We will produce with latest hardware.  Deprecated hardware that can no longer mine will have other uses.
____
When the hardware is no longer able to mine profitably, then we use it for something else. Large enterprises as well as startups are investing billions into blockchain technologies and the computational power from these miners can be used to provide the physical infrastructure these businesses rely on.  The cost of the container itself is marginal compared to the GPU/ASIC price.  When they are completely obsolete and cannot provide any more value, the entire unit will simply be replaced.  That's part of what the 25% reinvestment is about—growth and deprecated MMU replacement.  That is all part of the ROI calculations.

--> Yes throw some more "billions and millions" I guess the greedy noobs really like that. 25% will cover the cost of 100 000USD new mining hardware you will need every year for each MMU? You probably have heard of technological singularity ? Yes Blockchain is big business now already and everyone wants a piece. If you are in crypto for several years and have witnessed the parabolic growth, not just of price of crypto, but advances in mining hardware. Then you will get my point, your MMUs with a price tag of 100 000 are too expensive! I expect hardware updates will be needed at least once a year. This means the cost of a MMU will be double of what you expect it to. So all your calculation and 25% is not going to make it.

-->--> I don't think you grasp what I'm saying.  Hardware will not be replaced because the majority of the unit cost comes from hardware.

After so many days, an array of 10 MMUs finances the production of a new one, then another.  As MMUs become obsolete, they have already paid for their replacements. Our 10 MMU array has financed its own replacement a few times over after 2 years when mining may no longer be profitable.  So 10 more are already installed there with latest hardware.  The old ones can still operate and use computing for other purposes—financing even more new MMUs.  By the time they are completely obsolete from any useful purpose, they have paid for their replacements many times over.

My Conclusion:
This is all my personal opinion.  Everyone is free to invest in what they want. Everyone is free to their opinion. This is why this kind of forum exists. If you do not want people asking questions or being critical, then you do not know the mindset of the core supporters of crypto. Then just ran adds on google as click bate.

For people new in crypto, watch out, do your own thinking and invest only that what you can afford loosing.
I do not think Envion is a scam. The idea of mobile mining solutions sounds nice. But the question is, when there are already big mining facilities function and offer   0.03 or 0.04USD power cost and offer maintenance of miners, offer professional engineers working on the project. People who mined before some of this guys of Envion even knew what Bitcoin was. Why take the risk with Envion? For me this guys do not bring real answers, they are common salesman. Just repeating sentences with no reals content, trying to get a piece of the cake.  I rather by coins and HODL!  
P.S. Examples of failed ICOs on mining:
https://affinitymining.io
https://mineum.org
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/tothemoon/
Good luck everyone!

Answers in line above.

We encourage everyone to be skeptical and to do their due diligence.  We hope that includes reading all the information we publish.  You have a certain idea of how mining should be done and it's clearly very different from the enterprise model that we have created.  Our goals are different and our team and designs reflect that.  

Our approach is a very German approach to mining with a laser focus on efficiency, simplicity, and thorough design of processes and components.  We don't just have data center engineers, but professionals who apply their expertise to every aspect of the business from logistics, to parts design, to business data processing. That doesn't dilute the expertise we bring to mining, it enhances the viability of our mining expertise to be profitable in the long-term and with more diverse use cases and operating conditions. We are creating an industrial product and not trying to convince anyone otherwise.
vlalonca

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:31:27 AM

One question.
When ICO start there is high possibility that everyone will not be able to buy tokens as much as we want.

How will you deal with it. I mean, you said that we will have to register first and than transfer our eth. So what if i transfer my eth and theere is no any token left for example?

And one more thing, after we register can we make payment that second or we need to wait for account verification?
envion

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:37:51 AM

One question.
When ICO start there is high possibility that everyone will not be able to buy tokens as much as we want.

How will you deal with it. I mean, you said that we will have to register first and than transfer our eth. So what if i transfer my eth and theere is no any token left for example?

And one more thing, after we register can we make payment that second or we need to wait for account verification?

Hi Vlalonca,

We hope that everyone who wants to purchase tokens gets to buy them, but there is a distinct possibility at this point—with more than 70,000 sign-ups for the pre-sale alone—that tokens will sell out before the end of the ICO sales period.

Tokens are generated instantly when your payment is received.  If there are no more tokens, then your transaction will not be completed and your ether will be refunded to you instantly. 

I have an update on KYC process and registration:

Whitelisted users should be able to pre-register by the end of next week.  You will also be able to start KYC process.  For 90% of users, that will be almost instant.  For the remaining 10%, that could take 1-2 days depending on the number of requests congesting the system.  A very small number might need to be manually verified and that could take longer.

The accreditation process for US and German investors will take a bit longer as eligibility will need to be manually reviewed—that could take 1-2 weeks.

For users coming to the website for the first time on the day of the sale, the registration process will not include a verification email and you can go straight to purchase.

After you've made your purchase, you can follow the status of your purchase on your dashboard.  It will be clear that your tokens have been generated for you and are locked until you pass all the KYC/AML (and possibly accreditation) checks.
SheepSuit

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:10:47 AM

When is the go-live time?

qianliwen888666

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:14:58 AM

The blueprint of ENVION is very attractive. The market has huge profits. It seems to attract some big money to intervene. It's worth investing. Let's see it. Cool
Artemida777

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:49:40 AM

I think Envion will be the best ICO of mining equipment. All the others are not even close to what Envion is going to offer. not even close.

and I "think" that superman is stronger than superman.
arguments are there?
vlalonca

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:04:47 PM

One question.

Hi Vlalonca,

We hope that everyone who wants to purchase tokens gets to buy them, but there is a distinct possibility at this point—with more than 70,000 sign-ups for the pre-sale alone—that tokens will sell out before the end of the ICO sales period.

Tokens are generated instantly when your payment is received.  If there are no more tokens, then your transaction will not be completed and your ether will be refunded to you instantly. 

Whitelisted users should be able to pre-register by the end of next week.  You will also be able to start KYC process.  For 90% of users, that will be almost instant.  For the remaining 10%, that could take 1-2 days depending on the number of requests congesting the system.  A very small number might need to be manually verified and that could take longer.

The accreditation process for US and German investors will take a bit longer as eligibility will need to be manually reviewed—that could take 1-2 weeks.

For users coming to the website for the first time on the day of the sale, the registration process will not include a verification email and you can go straight to purchase.

After you've made your purchase, you can follow the status of your purchase on your dashboard.  It will be clear that your tokens have been generated for you and are locked until you pass all the KYC/AML (and possibly accreditation) checks.

Thank you for complete and fast answer.
RuhannS

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:13:46 PM

One question.

Hi Vlalonca,

Thank you for complete and fast answer.

Yes thank you for this information. I have not contemplated yet that there might not be enough tokens for all the buyers, but it is good to see that are systems in place if that would to happen. I think if you are really interested in buying, speed is the name of the game. Get the tokens you want as fast as possible.

RuhannS

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:26:52 PM

Hi there.  

The ICO is essential to the success of envion, but the envion machine has more moving parts to it.  Envion distributes 100% of profits from Proprietary Operations (PO)—where envion owns and operates Mobile Mining Units—with our token holders.

If that were the only line of business, there would be no money to run the company.

The other part of the business is Third-Party Operations (TPO)—where a customer purchases MMUs and envion operates and maintains the mining units.  Envion distributes 35% of profits from TPO mining operations.  This has always been where envion's operating revenue comes from.

There are some important things to note about the difference between these two revenue streams:

First, the growth rate for PO is more or less fixed because there is a one-time investment, the ICO, and a 25% reinvestment policy that written into the smart contract.  Once the production run of PO MMUs financed by the ICO are deployed, growth will be steady at 25% forever.

Second, the growth rate for TPO is not fixed.  The more customers that want to purchase MMUs, the greater the growth of profits for envion AND for token holders who earn 35% of the TPO mining operations revenue.  This growth rate is infinite and PO is isolated from it.  That means if it grows, token holders earn more money. If it shrinks, PO will never be threatened—they are two separate business arms and, as indicated in the whitepaper, a separate business entity—a subsidiary of envion AG—will even be created to manage PO.

Lastly and most importantly, these are not two competing business divisions.  The PO MMUs will be the first to roll of the production line and the first to be deployed and installed.  The TPO units will only help to further corner the market and assure that envion gets the best deals, continues to innovate our product, and becomes and indispensable service provider to blockchain-dependent industries.

So this is a positive development for token holders.  More investment in the company means a healthier envion and a larger TPO operation which will increase dividends.  That was always part of the plan and now it's just happening faster than we could have imagined.

Tl:dr Token holders profit's are fixed for PO.  TPO growth is unlimited and token holders get 35% of TPO mining operations—that's the part that will scale much faster via these new deals.  There is no competition between the two.

Thanx for this answer Envion. We were discussing this very exact issue yesterday and wanted to post/ask it - but now we have the answer.

I do have one other question if you don't mind answering: As we have more MMUs running, the difficulty level of mining will probably increase. If we sell more MMUs to third parties, the mining difficulty will increase more and more. Is there some "sweet spot" where you will level off with the selling and production of more MMUs in order for your existing MMUs to remain effective and profitable? I know its difficult to answer as we know difficulty will increase anyway - whether Envion is there or not, but obviously we don't want to hang ourself with our own rope.
If this questions has already been asked, I apologise for the repetition, just show me the link and I will read the answer there.
Thanx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: