Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

Could price go any lover???

There is always hope for promising project when it have so large numbers of the people in community. This is part of the healthy when price go up and it got correction before move to next level I think it will be more high in next few days.

You need very wealthy parties as well to push the price because even if the community is large, many members also quickly lose confidence if the price starts dropping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murzibia

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:28:26 PM

There is no attack its appril 1 joke. Dont panic . Angry

Whether it was an April Fool joke or not the ASIC manufacturers are probably running there new Cryptonight ASICs at full blast to help mitigate the cost of manufacture before passing them onto the customers who paid for them (bit of a scam going on there) and these customers will get there ASICs after some of the Cryptonight coins have changed there algorithm and so the ASICs they bought will be almost useless.
Sumokoin and Monero have announced they are soon to change the algo, when is ETN changing ?
ETN source code is just a copy and paste of XMR so they must wait for XMR to release github so they too can again copy and paste it they decide to change algorithm. Mobile mining is not more than buckshot airdrop coins from premine. Dev not care if price drop it give them time to buy more cheap etn supply for airdrop. They already dump coins when online wallets were locked during cryptopia opening and now love to cover-to-close much cheaper using ico raised funds.  ETN is coin ponzi scam. There no need for April 1st joke. Investors have always been the fool from launch
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:32:33 PM

Hoping Cryptopia sort there mess out - Kucoin have no issues but Cryptopia reckon its a mess?

The Electroneum team posted on their Facebook a few days ago that "... they have been in constant contact with Cryptopia and are jointly progressing rapidly now to resolve the issues regarding exchange transactions." They also mentioned there was "... a fix in the process of being implemented ... " but it takes time. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. I am glad to see there is still communication.
Someone shared the official post a few days ago, but here is the link in case you missed it: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1977883539140281
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:57:43 PM

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:28:40 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 09:55:47 PM by contraband
Merited by Highspeed123 (1)

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.

Post any info on the possibility of "double spend"here or it didnt happen, because I dont see this as real whatsoever.

That is a HUGE jump to base on a "reddit thread"

Pure 100% FUD

You posted the link on your previous post, knowing most are not going to click on it.

Post the actual text.

I read it and there is NOTHING THERE.

HIGH HASH RATE?

There is ZERO proof that anyone has the hash rate to mount a 51% attack.

Where in the reddit thread is it "all there"?

LMFAO Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy

Cool

Edit:

And NO youre not in the "clear" by stating that the attackers "may not" not have the hash power. As you stated "I know the team is working to put this to an end"

THERE IS NO "THIS"

FUD

I think ETN is cheap enough.

To everyone else:

The community is still doing great, especially in these times that seem slow because it takes time to build a solid foundation.

It most likely took at least a third to the time to build the great pyramids in Egypt, filling in and preparing the foundation they were to be built on.

The answer to all your questions to Contraband can be summed up in a few words:

Dont worry about it. We are in VERY GOOD HANDS.

Buy now
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

these days i don't like such jokes  Shocked Shocked Shocked
the market is joking with us every day....
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

most coins ive been following had some issues they face from time to time. Having a problem is not the end, how they deal with it will determine weather they will survive and thrive or they will fail and fade away. Bitcoin has lots of those. Eth certainly had monumental problems along the way. Name one successful blockchain that never ran into a problem. Im pretty sure there are none. And if there was one id rather not invest on it since the dev team arent battle tested yet.

The mobile miner may not make a ton of coins but it is barely using any resources while your gpu eats a ton of electricity. most miners will try to squeeze every last bit of performance they can get from a gpu and 10 more hashes make em happy. So having a simulated mobile miner gaining coins is not bad. Its free coins who doesnt want that.
blockaudit

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

Helping the blockchain world build secure++ stuff!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 01:31:19 AM

I have ETN from investment, I'm really don't know how to withdrawal my ETN from ICO dashboard, any one can give me a tutorial how to withdrawal my ETN balance to cryptopia exchange. Thanks in advance

Read this latest update below:

Just had this email-

Electroneum Update
Hi Everyone!

Firstly, don't panic - your ETN Coins are safe!

To say we've had a rocky start is something of an understatement, but I'd like to make sure everyone understands what is going on!

As you'll probably be aware, when we launched there were hundreds of user's accounts that had been compromised. I need to re-iterate that Electroneum WAS NOT HACKED. Hundreds of user's accounts had been accessed because their email accounts had been hacked OR they had signed up to Electroneum using an email and password combination that had been hacked from ELSEWHERE (e.g. Yahoo hack, Dropbox hack, Linkedin hack etc.). We shut down our system before any transfers took place to ensure that we do everything in our power to ensure the safety and security of our user's Electroneum coins.

We realized the huge amount of effort that was being put into attacking our system – so we stayed offline to add a huge amount of additional security and then engaged HackerOne, who work for the US Department of Defence, Uber, Spotify etc. They are currently working with our system on a closed, private, “challenge” to try and penetrate it. This will be finished and any bugs found fixed, within the next 3 weeks. You can see the details here:  https://hackerone.com/electroneum

So far, HackerOne have NOT successfully penetrated our system security. Obviously we will be very pleased if they don't manage to gain any access during the challenge, but if they do, they will work with us to ensure any vulnerability found is removed.

We are not wasting our time whilst this challenge has been carried out. Software is never finished! Think about Microsoft Word or Microsoft Windows. Barely a year goes past without some sort of incremental update to the user interface and functionality, and these are very mature items of software. We have loads of items on our road map that we are coding, so when we go live, it's with a more polished app, that has a more friendly user experience. If you'd like to see the Electroneum app we've got coming out, take a look at this video I made to explain the Electroneum app to some of our social media influencers:

https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/1916972631898039/

We've had some people worry that we have run off with their money - I can assure you that everything is OK, we are working hard to ensure the new launch in the first or second week of December (after we get the "all clear" from HackerOne) is a great success.

If you'd like to see the Electroneum Team working in our office, here is a visit by CryptoRich, a prominent cryptocurrency Youtuber (not affiliated with Electroneum):

Interview Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPe23Q5XCW8

Interview Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWbqVJY2zok

As well as improving the software I have personally been pursuing some commercial relationships so we can get some firm agreements in place as soon as we can after launch. I have had some very promising exchanges in the mobile phone (cell phone) industry. We have a number that we are pursuing, but one that is very keen to meet with us, has over 50m active monthly subscribers in the developing world. We've always believed that our mobile miner could offset people's phone costs, but we didn't realise how interested the airtime providers themselves would be in our technology.

I'm very sorry that we've had this delay after our November 1st aborted launch. Whilst the delay will be just over a month and take the NEW launch into the first or second week of December, I'd like everyone to remember that this is just a delay, and it's adding LOADS of security to the product. A worthy delay in most people's opinion. Most ICO or crowdfunding events are to raise the funds to build a product with no specific launch date. I'm sorry I missed our November launch date, but remember I had funded the development of the product before launch and we were raising funds to grow it and take it to a wider audience, faster, with a huge marketing budget. The software app is now better tested and developed than ever before, and the additional layers of security that have been added, along with the testing from HackerOne will make our commercial partnerships easier to secure.

Electroneum is STILL the most exciting, and awesome project I've ever been involved with - and when it re-launches next month, it has even MORE chance of changing the way the world sees and uses cryptocurrency.

Please keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for updates, and remember that Electroneum is listed on the Cryptopia.co.nz exchange - and other exchanges will follow soon after launch. Once we gain significant user numbers we will get listed on some of the worlds largest exchanges.

I'd like to say again that I'm truly sorry for the launch delay and I'd like to thank everyone for their patience,

Richard Ells
Founder of Electroneum
richard.ells@electroneum.com

PS here's a GREAT, positive, video about Electroneum that is made by a non-affiliated, non-paid vlogger who really gets what Electroneum can be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRorGyGuJMw

PPS - And for the mathematically inclined - here's an explanation of our 21 billion coin decision - and why the Electroneum coin supply is fundamentally lower than bitcoin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XjUxfvobH0

PPPS - oh go on then, one more link for luck - here's a post on our Facebook page that's had over 40,000 views and over 1,200 likes or loves. It's a handful of the positive comments that we've received from people, despite us having failed to deliver on time. Thanks again to everyone who has kept us positive, Electroneum will be worth the wait...
https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1914012968860672

Did the HackerOne security bug bounty program produce any interesting findings?

Have you all fixed all the bugs they found? 11 or so and counting here, no details released yet though:

https://hackerone.com/electroneum/hacktivity?sort_type=latest_disclosable_activity_at&filter=type%3Aall%20to%3Aelectroneum&page=1&range=forever

It looks like the bounty is only for your website and not for your wallet or other backend code or scripts?

https://hackerone.com/electroneum

Any particular reason those wouldn't be in scope as well?

https://www.blockaudit.org
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:09:43 AM

news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

The ETN (Electroneum) wallet on Cryptopia is now open for Deposits and Withdrawals again.

If you are depositing, please be aware that the deposit address HAS CHANGED (but not your payment ID).

PLEASE check your deposit page before depositing, as any deposits sent to the old address may face significant delays and at some point will stop being credited. Read on for more details.

What happened?

Cryptopia’s wallet has sent and received well over a million ETN transactions, which resulted in the wallet file growing to 4.6 GB. After restarting to apply an update, the wallet daemon refused to load this file, complaining it was “invalid”. We dug through the code and found there was a hardcoded limit on the wallet file size of 1 GB, inherited from Monero. It would happily save a wallet file this size but refused to load it.

Patching out that check makes it clear why this limit was there, the wallet daemon is very sluggish with a wallet file that large. It takes around 40 hours to load. Generating small transactions of 10,000 ETN takes several minutes. The time it takes to load this wallet and send transactions gets longer and longer as more and more transactions go into it.

Worse, generating larger transactions would cause the wallet daemon to segfault and crash, forcing us to spend 40+ hours loading the wallet file again.

We had the wallet running on a server with 128 GB of RAM and 24 cores (not underpowered) but the code was only taking advantage of one or two cores.

Unfortunately, the majority of our user’s ETN was stuck in this overloaded wallet. Even if it wasn’t crashing, rough calculations show that it might take several months to transfer all the ETN into a new wallet.

It’s important to note that none of our user’s funds were lost, just stuck in a misbehaving wallet.

How are we fixing this?

We have multiple developers working on this issue, developing multiple solutions. The two most promising solutions are:

#1. Improve the current code enough so that we can move all the funds out of the original wallet into a new one, faster than the current code allows. This would only be a short-term fix – the new wallet will eventually develop the same issues as the old wallet.

#2. Create a new enterprise grade wallet – one which is built from the ground up to deal with the massive number of transactions we are seeing. This will solve the long-term issues, but it will take many months before it’s fully tested, audited and operational.

We are making progress on both fronts.

What’s next?

We tracked that segfault crash down to this commit, which triggers a null deference in some error handling code. With that bug fixed, we have been able to move the ETN out of that overloaded wallet slowly but surely over the last few weeks. Enough ETN have been moved out that we are comfortable allowing deposits and withdrawals again.

A new deposit address has been created, resetting our wallet file back to zero.

PLEASE MAKE SURE you are sending funds to the correct address and payment ID on your deposit page. If you send funds to the old deposit address, we can’t guarantee we will be able to recover it.

This is only a short-term solution, we may have to move to a new deposit address a few times before our long-term solution is ready.

Sorry for the delays, this was not a simple problem to fix but we are working very hard to resolve this and appreciate your patience.

The Cryptopia Team
cbcbctqbt

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:17:47 AM

Electroneum is probably under a 51% attack right now. Someone may be trying to double spend. Avoid making transactions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/88wbkv/electroneum_is_probably_under_a_51_attack_right/

51% replay attacks. Really? It is terrible for the Electroneum projet and its network if replay attacks actually occured.
kellog9000

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

Pls Donate Merit :)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 05:04:03 AM

news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

The ETN (Electroneum) wallet on Cryptopia is now open for Deposits and Withdrawals again.

If you are depositing, please be aware that the deposit address HAS CHANGED (but not your payment ID).

PLEASE check your deposit page before depositing, as any deposits sent to the old address may face significant delays and at some point will stop being credited. Read on for more details.

What happened?

Cryptopia’s wallet has sent and received well over a million ETN transactions, which resulted in the wallet file growing to 4.6 GB. After restarting to apply an update, the wallet daemon refused to load this file, complaining it was “invalid”. We dug through the code and found there was a hardcoded limit on the wallet file size of 1 GB, inherited from Monero. It would happily save a wallet file this size but refused to load it.

Patching out that check makes it clear why this limit was there, the wallet daemon is very sluggish with a wallet file that large. It takes around 40 hours to load. Generating small transactions of 10,000 ETN takes several minutes. The time it takes to load this wallet and send transactions gets longer and longer as more and more transactions go into it.

Worse, generating larger transactions would cause the wallet daemon to segfault and crash, forcing us to spend 40+ hours loading the wallet file again.

We had the wallet running on a server with 128 GB of RAM and 24 cores (not underpowered) but the code was only taking advantage of one or two cores.

Unfortunately, the majority of our user’s ETN was stuck in this overloaded wallet. Even if it wasn’t crashing, rough calculations show that it might take several months to transfer all the ETN into a new wallet.

It’s important to note that none of our user’s funds were lost, just stuck in a misbehaving wallet.

How are we fixing this?

We have multiple developers working on this issue, developing multiple solutions. The two most promising solutions are:

#1. Improve the current code enough so that we can move all the funds out of the original wallet into a new one, faster than the current code allows. This would only be a short-term fix – the new wallet will eventually develop the same issues as the old wallet.

#2. Create a new enterprise grade wallet – one which is built from the ground up to deal with the massive number of transactions we are seeing. This will solve the long-term issues, but it will take many months before it’s fully tested, audited and operational.

What’s next?

We tracked that segfault crash down to this commit, which triggers a null deference in some error handling code. With that bug fixed, we have been able to move the ETN out of that overloaded wallet slowly but surely over the last few weeks. Enough ETN have been moved out that we are comfortable allowing deposits and withdrawals again.

PLEASE MAKE SURE you are sending funds to the correct address and payment ID on your deposit page. If you send funds to the old deposit address, we can’t guarantee we will be able to recover it.

This is only a short-term solution, we may have to move to a new deposit address a few times before our long-term solution is ready.

Sorry for the delays, this was not a simple problem to fix but we are working very hard to resolve this and appreciate your patience.

The Cryptopia Team

Ohh yuhheee! Thank you man! Smiley

NEW EXCHANGE TRADE NOW!

BTC XMR LTC DOGE pair! https://goo.gl/1jAGw1  BTC XMR LTC DOGE pair!
sud

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:18:25 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 06:59:28 AM by sud

Post any info on the possibility of "double spend"here or it didnt happen, because I dont see this as real whatsoever.

That is a HUGE jump to base on a "reddit thread"

Pure 100% FUD

You posted the link on your previous post, knowing most are not going to click on it.

Post the actual text.

[snip]

Why do you take it so personal? You can check it on the ETN explorer for youself or just launch the blockchain and see what's going on. Possibility of that kind of attack and double spend with ASICs is real, and not only for Electroneum. And why most wouldn't click? Huh I'm not gonna quote the whole reddit thread if you can just go there and read it...

As for the devs, I asked about this situation on telegram and was informed by community members that team knows about it.

Seriously, take it easy. I'm holding ETN too.

BTW Very good news from Cryptopia!
verylazyme

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:48:48 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 07:00:21 AM by verylazyme

Just noticed ETN withdraw fee on Cryptopia is 10 ETN. They are greedy it seems, too bad for them...

Their Doge (which is much cheaper) withdraw fee is 3 Doge but ETN withdraw fee is 10.

Why ppl would not just sell their ETN and use other coins?

Smiley
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:33:20 AM

Just noticed ETN withdraw fee on Cryptopia is 10 ETN. They are greedy it seems, too bad for them...

Their Doge (which is much cheaper) withdraw fee is 3 Doge but ETN withdraw fee is 10.

Smiley

little bit expensive.... my phone mines for 3 days just to cover the fee... dissapointing...
propagate

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:42:02 AM

news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

What happened?

How are we fixing this?

What’s next?

The Cryptopia Team

Ohh yuhheee! Thank you man! Smiley

I get an error saying it cant generate a deposit address when I try deposit some etn.
sud

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:53:58 AM

Smiley

little bit expensive.... my phone mines for 3 days just to cover the fee... dissapointing...

Come on guys, 10ETN is like $0,2 now. Not THAT expensive, it's just mining on phone isn't profitable at all.
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:12:16 AM

Smiley

Come on guys, 10ETN is like $0,2 now. Not THAT expensive, it's just mining on phone isn't profitable at all.

As I said before, mobile mining is not profitable.
I thought, that it will be more profitable, like they said in ICO - and thats why people bought and promoted this project...

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
verylazyme

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

Smiley

As I said before, mobile mining is not profitable.
I thought, that it will be more profitable, like they said in ICO - and thats why people bought and promoted this project...

It is not that mobile mining is not profitable but:
Cryptopia DOGE Withdraw fee: 3 Doge - and one DOGE costs 40 satoshi
Cryptopia ETN Withdraw fee: 10 ETN - and one ETN is like 270 satoshi

Why would you withdraw ETNS which it very expensive? Why would you not just sell your ETNs ?

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:44:56 AM

Smiley

Mining with a CPU/GPU is also not profitable.
sud

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:47:32 AM

Smiley

Mining with a CPU/GPU is also not profitable.

But it was right? Now maybe not, since Bitmain has his ASICs running full power before he send them to customers Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: