Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:00:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:10:18 PM

Not faster. Blockchain difficulty is always adjusted so that each block happens in nearly regular intervals. For BTC it is 10 minutes, for LTC it's 2.5 minutes and for ETN it's 2 minutes. The block time interval is fixed. It can't be faster.

Got it, than the reverse assumption. Can it be slower than in case a network drops 100x, 1000x or fictional 10,000 times?

any blockchain has a difficulty adjustment. it will always try to run at its supposed average time. When network hashrate goes up difficulty adjusts to make it go back to its block time. when hash rate drops it also does the same. it has a period of adjustment spanning a few blocks to a few hundreds. but no matter the hashrate block time will eventually adjust to the right levels. so bigger faster equipment isnt faster blocks. you just get a bigger piece of the blocks as a miner. but for users they do not feel a thing
Myth888

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

its been more than 5 hrs since the last block?
coinfused.so

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

ZEN

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:28:23 PM

whats the point of the high hash rates if all the coins go into a small amount of asic miners pockets?! whats stopping them from dumping at low prices, if they gained the coins so easily?!
ASIC miners are after profits only to cover their hardware costs asap. This is literally RAPING any coin that ASICS are capable of mining. That is not fair toward GPU miners, and the whole chain is at risk of being duped on.

All people crying about algo change are mainly people that have ASICS now. fuckem.
Myth888

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:40:29 PM

whats the point of the high hash rates if all the coins go into a small amount of asic miners pockets?! whats stopping them from dumping at low prices, if they gained the coins so easily?!
ASIC miners are after profits only to cover their hardware costs asap. This is literally RAPING any coin that ASICS are capable of mining. That is not fair toward GPU miners, and the whole chain is at risk of being duped on.

All people crying about algo change are mainly people that have ASICS now. fuckem.

im with you in that.

truthfully im not pro GPU or pro asic. Im pro decentralization. Think about the logic. If people will need to buy a special dedicated equipment to mine something then it losses a lot of in total potential miners. Losses decentralization. I like cryptonight based coins because it is one of the most decentralized coin. Mineable by a regular pc and high end pc. Heck i even mine of a phone last yr.

Anyone want to argue that asic does not reduce decentralization can go to any crowd. ask them how many own a phone, a pc, some gpu, and finally ask them if they own an asic miner. I bet my bottom dollars more people will own a phone than a pc, more will own a pc without gpu than one with gpu. and more will own gpu than an asic miner.

but still some people will argue that asic miner does not threat decentralization. all i can say to them is please go back to pre school and learn basic math. maybe you cant add 1+1 yet.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:46:09 PM

Monero's block 1539501 (after the ASICs were blocked) took 3.50 minutes.
Electroneum's block 307500 is 360 minutes in and still nothing.

I believe it's safe to assume that something has gone wrong. I can understand how the team must be like at the moment, they're probably too busy to update us but I hope they'd send someone to let us know on the status.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:47:26 PM

This doesn't make sense to me.
the block time is fixed, just learned it, lol. So with a fixed block time the block reward is as well fixed. So each day a fixed amount of ETN goes to miners, no matter if Asic or whatever, right?
So the logical assumption is that no matter who gets them the same amount gets dropped on exchanges anyway.
Actually from my readings and knowledge Asics seem to be use less electricity compared to GPU mining. The coast of an Asic is from my knowledge as well well below of GPU mining rig so
the conclusion that an Asic miner is trying to cover his costs asap doesn't sound valid to me.

This here sounds all about mining profit, seriously. This is not decentralization from my readings here, it's protectionsim of a given group towards another.
All these hypothetical conspiracy theories that are far from being real life cases seem just to serve a given employee group to gain profit, or profit back, or whatever.
That's the impression i have reading through here while waiting for a working wallet.

How the hell it comes nobody asks the big stake holders? I mean there are people holding millions and billions of ETN, i myself hold a large portion of ETN, mostly bigger than 95% of the so
interested community members here. This doesn't look right to me, seriously.

And where is Electroneums garantee that all these gpu's don't switch away if mining is no more that profitable or other coins are way more profitable? I bet the majority will leave the ETN
network in lightspeed forgetting about all his decentralization small talk, lol. What a joke.

I made a mistake coming here into this thread. Sometimes it's better soemone doesn't know some details about a given thing, that's exactly such case.

Good luck, whoever is mining it.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:51:53 PM

Is anything being written on Discord? Can't access it as I'm at work.
Nothing's been communicated on Twitter either...
boxalex

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:57:40 PM

im with you in that.

truthfully im not pro GPU or pro asic. Im pro decentralization. Think about the logic. If people will need to buy a special dedicated equipment to mine something then it losses a lot of in total potential miners. Losses decentralization. I like cryptonight based coins because it is one of the most decentralized coin. Mineable by a regular pc and high end pc. Heck i even mine of a phone last yr.

Anyone want to argue that asic does not reduce decentralization can go to any crowd. ask them how many own a phone, a pc, some gpu, and finally ask them if they own an asic miner. I bet my bottom dollars more people will own a phone than a pc, more will own a pc without gpu than one with gpu. and more will own gpu than an asic miner.

but still some people will argue that asic miner does not threat decentralization. all i can say to them is please go back to pre school and learn basic math. maybe you cant add 1+1 yet.

If someone is pro pure decentralization only CPU mining makes sense, 1 PC = 1 Miner, nothing else. As soon as you have the possibility to hord whatever mining hardware on the base the more money investement the more hardware, the spirit is gone allready. I can't see a big difference btw. an Asic facility and a gpu facility.

So me personally is not taking this decentralization argument anymore when it's a choice btw. gpu or asic. Everything that is beyond cpu mining has lost it's decentralization argument. Just my 2 cents.
RivAngE

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

And where is Electroneums garantee that all these gpu's don't switch away if mining is no more that profitable or other coins are way more profitable? I bet the majority will leave the ETN
network in lightspeed forgetting about all his decentralization small talk, lol. What a joke.

Nicely constructed post, but I'd like to answer only the quoted part.
I'm sure you know it but maybe you forget it... if the price falls then some miners will ofcourse leave because they don't find this coin "profitable" to mine, okay. But after they leave there will be more coins for those who stay, so their "profitability" will stay about the same but at the same time they'll get paid in more ETNs. So the holders will be more profitable if the miners amount is reduced.
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:58:48 PM

the block time is fixed, just learned it, lol. So with a fixed block time the block reward is as well fixed. So each day a fixed amount of ETN goes to miners, no matter if Asic or whatever, right?
So the logical assumption is that no matter who gets them the same amount gets dropped on exchanges anyway.
Actually from my readings and knowledge Asics seem to be use less electricity compared to GPU mining. The coast of an Asic is from my knowledge as well well below of GPU mining rig so
the conclusion that an Asic miner is trying to cover his costs asap doesn't sound valid to me.

This here sounds all about mining profit, seriously. This is not decentralization from my readings here, it's protectionsim of a given group towards another.
All these hypothetical conspiracy theories that are far from being real life cases seem just to serve a given employee group to gain profit, or profit back, or whatever.
That's the impression i have reading through here while waiting for a working wallet.

How the hell it comes nobody asks the big stake holders? I mean there are people holding millions and billions of ETN, i myself hold a large portion of ETN, mostly bigger than 95% of the so

I made a mistake coming here into this thread. Sometimes it's better soemone doesn't know some details about a given thing, that's exactly such case.

it looks like you are an asic miner - so therefore, your reasoning is clear
you only can stop cry and go to other algos with your asic  Grin
kepas

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:00:48 PM

Nicely constructed post, but I'd like to answer only the quoted part.
I'm sure you know it but maybe you forget it... if the price falls then some miners will ofcourse leave because they don't find this coin "profitable" to mine, okay. But after they leave there will be more coins for those who stay, so their "profitability" will stay about the same but at the same time they'll get paid in more ETNs. So the holders will be more profitable if the miners amount is reduced.

he just pretends he doesn't know it. he is asic miner  Grin
dndssc

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:02:08 PM

Monero's block 1539501 (after the ASICs were blocked) took 3.50 minutes.
Electroneum's block 307500 is 360 minutes in and still nothing.

I believe it's safe to assume that something has gone wrong. I can understand how the team must be like at the moment, they're probably too busy to update us but I hope they'd send someone to let us know on the status.
I want to return to mine ETN... now i'm mining XMR... but nanopool give me "low difficulty error"

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sberex

Activity: 499
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

it looks like you are an asic miner - so therefore, your reasoning is clear
you only can stop cry and go to other algos with your asic  Grin

ETN ASIC fork exists here: https://electroneum.miningpoolhub.com/

and it has 800 MH/s  Grin

So there are two ETNs already for GPU and for ASICs...

DERO & KARBO POOLS http://sberex.com/dero/ http://krb.sberex.com/ WITH LUCK WHICH IS BETTER THAN AVERAGE!
kepas

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:09:25 PM

and it has 800 MH/s  Grin

no, it has not 800 MH/s  - it is some bug of MPH, it always shows half of real hashrate
kepas

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:10:57 PM

here are real asics Hash Rate: 1.60 GH/sec
http://etn.fairhash.org/#
Sberex

Activity: 499
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:15:18 PM

and it has 800 MH/s  Grin

no, it has not 800 MH/s  - it is some bug of MPH, it always shows half of real hashrate

Yes, you are right it's about 1,6 GH/s and it is still mining blocks.

DERO & KARBO POOLS http://sberex.com/dero/ http://krb.sberex.com/ WITH LUCK WHICH IS BETTER THAN AVERAGE!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

So the fork was a dud? lol thought I would be mining ETN again today  Tongue

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
kepas

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:29:23 PM

So the fork was a dud? lol thought I would be mining ETN again today  Tongue

no, its not dud... read all carefully on this pool, its for asics:

Due to uncertain outcome of ongoing ETN fork and the fact that ASICs cannot mine on the new blockchain anyway, we have decided to switch this pool back to the old blockchain. WE stroingly recommend ALL miners to move to other coins. Most likely outcome is that all mined blocks after 307500 will be useless.

RivAngE

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:29:55 PM

I wouldn't bother mining in MPH at the moment since their chain could be labeled as orphan. Maybe something went wrong with the upgrade though and we get another date for the fork.
In that case their chain will be okay.
boxalex

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:33:41 PM

he just pretends he doesn't know it. he is asic miner  Grin

whatever you want, i don't care, but as always on forums when arguments fail it's time for accusations and name calling. No problem at all.
I won't discuss your pseudo decentralization issue anymore. Be it like it is.

All i want to know actually is when will the wallet work again .....
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: