Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

I still have a few IOTA's left. Sold a little below ath so fine with me.

Didn't have any reasons to buy back in yet...somehow the projects lacks something and I read too much crap about it all the time.

I also don't think this will suddenly go x20 or something......I was very enthusiastic around Oct/Nov/Dec...but recently I even forgot to check up on the project every once a while.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:44:23 AM

I still have a few IOTA's left. Sold a little below ath so fine with me.

Didn't have any reasons to buy back in yet...somehow the projects lacks something and I read too much crap about it all the time.

I also don't think this will suddenly go x20 or something......I was very enthusiastic around Oct/Nov/Dec...but recently I even forgot to check up on the project every once a while.

The projects lacks what? This project has everything in it to become top 3 soon. That's where it belongs, because, next to BTC and ETH, it's definitely the most innovative platform.
Riskiagung2425

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:58:40 AM

second coin in the future with market capitalization after BTC. 2-3 years and you will see. and I think IOTA will be one of the best
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:24:23 PM

From Fujitsu's website: http://blog.de.ts.fujitsu.com/allgemeines/das-sind-die-vorteile-von-iota-gegenueber-blockchain/

Translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.de.ts.fujitsu.com%2Fallgemeines%2Fdas-sind-die-vorteile-von-iota-gegenueber-blockchain%2F

tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:49:22 PM

This is gold Cheesy

Many customers first ask us about a blockchain solution, but then find that IOTA suits their needs much better.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
EleGiggle

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

Totally agree IOTA will be huge, maybe not tomorrow but in the near future. I very like the idea of Internet of things
luchins

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:21:39 PM

On Internet  I  have red  so much  FUD about  IOTA, no one  wants to buy it.

The  main  problems  are:

it's   centralized

I have red that the coordinator    would  be  removed  when  the network itself  will grown  (Is  this  going to happen? no one  knows)

Also  another problem  is  that  they claimed  fake partnerships

Other  problems  are about  hacks  and  the network  which is unsecure

Also they  don't  have  a  secure  wallet

So  when and  IF  all those  things will be implemented,  IOTA  could be became  a  more   reliable  cryptocurrency,  which  is not  at the moment.

Prove me   wrong,  if  you can.

ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:56:38 PM
Merited by generalizethis (36)

Wow. Are you a bot? Why all the double spaces, lol.

On Internet  I  have red  so much  FUD about  IOTA, no one  wants to buy it.

The  main  problems  are:

it's   centralized

I have red that the coordinator    would  be  removed  when  the network itself  will grown  (Is  this  going to happen? no one  knows)
Yes it will happen, and probably Q1 2019.

Also  another problem  is  that  they claimed  fake partnerships
They have never claimed false partnerships. Why do you think that? You mean some bad journalists misinterpreted a Microsoft employee?

Other  problems  are about  hacks  and  the network  which is unsecure
IOTA has never ever been hacked. Some cryptographers thought they had found vulnerabilities in Curl-P, but it was by design, also it should not be used as a cryptographic hash function.

Also they  don't  have  a  secure  wallet
The wallet is completely secure, maybe not user-friendly for noobs.... But in a few weeks the new Trinity wallet comes out, which is much more user-friendly.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 08:24:22 PM

I already linked a response on the topic you created--apparently you didn't read it or just want to continue spreading falsehoods--judging by you post history, it's likely the latter.

But I'll link it again, maybe this time you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to read it. https://hackernoon.com/iota-why-the-fud-makes-sense-82a2f1dc38d5

WINiota

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 10:44:39 PM

yes, IOTA does bring some worry... to the miner farms around the globe. Their profits are at risk. Miners are handcuffing us all to some degree and someone will come and free us. I personally think IOTA has a good chance doing so. Who can beat zero transaction fees?
luchins

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:46:19 AM

I already linked a response on the topic you created--apparently you didn't read it or just want to continue spreading falsehoods--judging by you post history, it's likely the latter.

But I'll link it again, maybe this time you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to read it. https://hackernoon.com/iota-why-the-fud-makes-sense-82a2f1dc38d5

Hello.

Maybe   you are in the crypto  since November.

I have  joint  the most nerdy  forums  and   all they laugh  at IOTA.

They   never  take in consideration    that  this  project  can really take off.

They say ''bad tech'',  ''buggy tech''  

When  the majority   thinks in this  way,   it means that  there must be somenthing  true  despite all the FUD and misleding informations  

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 10:56:17 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 11:13:07 AM by generalizethis
Merited by tyKiwanuka (2)

Hello.

They   never  take in consideration    that  this  project  can really take off.

When  the majority   thinks in this  way,   it means that  there must be somenthing  true  despite all the FUD and misleding informations  

The majority think that, but yet it is still in the top ten and corporations, academic institutions and governments plan on implementing it in their well researched needs for IOT?

Could it be that your nerdy friends are disingenuous and talking their book? Do you know how many are hodling Bitcoin and other POW coins that IOTA threatens? Some of those same nerdy nerds are the ones that told me about IOTA, so maybe your formal analysis is not formal as you think and you're talking out of your ass.

Or maybe, your buddies are suffering from Dunning Kruger and don't understand terms like "BETA" or "not production ready" and misapplying comparisons to cryptos that are already developed and have reached their pinnacle?

Probably both explanations, with the non-naïve (miners, bitcoin maximalist, anyone threatened by DAGs) taking advantage of naïve misunderstanding. It wouldn't be the first time that billionaire's have manipulated the daft into their propagation of a false narrative.

Also, I've been here since September 2014, noob. My stats and legendary status should have indicated this, but apparently the obvious isn't your strength.

luchins

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:10:05 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 11:41:50 AM by luchins

Hello.

The majority think that, but yet it is still in the top ten and corporations, academic institutions and governments plan on implementing it in their well researched needs for IOT?

Could it be that your nerdy friends are disingenuous and talking their book? Do you know how many are hodling Bitcoin and other POW coins that IOTA threatens? Some of those same nerdy nerds are the ones that told me about IOTA, so maybe your formal analysis is not formal as you think and you're talking out of your ass.

Also, I've been here since September 2014, noob. My stats and legendary status should have indicated this, but apparently the obvious isn't your strength.

Forget  about   the   treaht  to mining  companies... thye avearage nerd  has  nothing to  do  with profits  of mining pools,  I can't  see   why  he would  spread  out misleading informations.

SImply  people have    no trust about    IOTA.  Some people   say  ternary  hardware  could be  vulnerable  to a lot  of  new  exploits  
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 11:11:43 AM

Hello.

Forget  about   the   treaht  to mining  company... thye avearage nerd  has  nothing to  do  with profits  of mining pools,  I can't  see   why  he would  spread  out misleading informations.

SImply there  is  no trust about    IOTA, and  most  comes  from the  way  how the  devs act. Some  say their questions  had  no answers  when you make them note  that  the code is  buggy  and  trinity  hardware  could be  vulnerable  to a lot  of  new  exploits  they say ''We leave  the code  in this  way so competitors  can  not  see   our tecnology''

I was editing my answer as you posted. "Why?" is included.

Trinity isn't out, so I have no clue what you are talking about.

luchins

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:12:35 AM

Hello.

Forget  about   the   treaht  to mining  company... thye avearage nerd  has  nothing to  do  with profits  of mining pools,  I can't  see   why  he would  spread  out misleading informations.

SImply there  is  no trust about    IOTA, and  most  comes  from the  way  how the  devs act. Some  say their questions  had  no answers  when you make them note  that  the code is  buggy  and  trinity  hardware  could be  vulnerable  to a lot  of  new  exploits  they say ''We leave  the code  in this  way so competitors  can  not  see   our tecnology''

Sorry I was  talking about  TERNARY   hardware, I made a  mistake  when I was  writing

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 11:14:06 AM

Hello.

Forget  about   the   treaht  to mining  company... thye avearage nerd  has  nothing to  do  with profits  of mining pools,  I can't  see   why  he would  spread  out misleading informations.

SImply there  is  no trust about    IOTA, and  most  comes  from the  way  how the  devs act. Some  say their questions  had  no answers  when you make them note  that  the code is  buggy  and  trinity  hardware  could be  vulnerable  to a lot  of  new  exploits  they say ''We leave  the code  in this  way so competitors  can  not  see   our tecnology''

Sorry I was  talking about  TERNARY   hardware

Ternary hardware (JINN) isn't out, so I still don't know what you are talking about.

luchins

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

Tell me  why  you are so confident  about IOTA  while  the  entire  wolrd is  not.

Have you ever  known about  wisdom crowd?

Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:15:17 PM

You know what? IOTA really could be the next big thing on the markets. Always on that number 10 spot, keeps a good consistency and relevancy. You wrote a good presentation of IOTA and really caught my interest, I may invest once again in IOTA, I invested a couple months back but got scared of the downfall of the coins and quickly sold all of my investments. This time today, looking back I should've bite the bullet and kept them, you inspired me to invest once again, thanks!
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 12:34:39 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 01:32:05 PM by generalizethis

Tell me  why  you are so confident  about IOTA  while  the  entire  wolrd is  not.

Have you ever  known about  wisdom crowd?

So you're going to just sidestep the fact that you didn't know ternary isn't out? Don't you wonder what other criticisms you have that are made out of nothing? I'd be curious, but I guess some don't mind doling out BS, and when it's pointed out, just move on with their life as if their reputation didn't hinge on how truthful they are in their criticisms.

I have no idea what you mean by "wisdom crowd." The only intelligent people I've found that are critical of IOTA have shown in the past that they will jump the gun (or outright misrepresent the truth) if what's in question doesn't align with their market interest. Both Charlie Lee and Peter Todd, whom I like, shit on Monero and IOTA, not incidentally when their marketcap crouched near Bitcoin's. And it may be that they weren't aware of the tech until social media fed off the marketcap, but it does look fishy. And to be fair, Lee and Todd eventually changed their stance on Monero, but it did take some time, so maybe they give IOTA a fair shake as this was fairly recent in that instance. Though Todd seems pretty dug in and IOTA's devs are not friendly with him.

But let's get away from the specific instances and deal with a hard reality. People are greedy and if billions (and perhaps trillions in coming decades) are threatened by another technology's success, of course people will create false narratives and bend the truth to protect their interest. There are billions in hodler's wealth and mining interest at stake if IOTA is successful--that's a reality. If you think that doesn't come into play, you're naive.

Perfect example is the Microsoft partnership. A Microsoft employee created the media that stated that Microsoft was a partner with IOTA, but for obvious reasons, the bitcoin friendly media wouldn't correct the false assumption (a few did correct the reports, but the narrative was set) and devs from major competitors were piling on and acting as if IOTA pulled the statement from their asses--meanwhile the genuine partnerships (that the companies made evident in their own media on their own social outlets) got lost in the storyline that the Microsoft partnership was a fraud. How anyone in the community is still off on this issue is a testament on how crypto rumors don't align with reality and the idea of crypto journalism is  a joke. People will just take whatever statement most aligns with their interest and go with it--sadly, the same people who have criticized TPTB for using this type of manipulation on "sheeple." It's ironic that the same tactics used by r/buttcoin are now being used on any coin that's a threat to Bitcoin--or at least doesn't align with Bitcoin's politics (see Ripple). On the plus side, they use the tactics so much that only noobs or the oblivious seem to take the FUD seriously--I know of some speculators that actually FUD coins as they are buying them in some absurd belief that what they say here will be taken as gospel.

TLDR: Billions, if not Trillions, of dollars are at stake--the wisdom crowd is the one spoon-feeding their book to noobs.

As far as why I have confidence?

Sure, there are the outward signs: groups (corporations, countries, universities), which  have been spending the last decade studying the problems of IOT, are putting their resources behind IOTA (thankfully their background has taught them about manipulation and their experts can do their own homework). There's also that every criticism has been overblown and reached atomic status (this shows fear by the very people who should be afraid if IOTA can do what it sets out to do--if it was a joke, they'd let it die of its own volition). And of course the team of government and corporate heavy weights--plus math experts and at least one developer who has acomplished a feat of genius (NXT/POS). But its my own research that keeps me calm when others are flinging shit at the wall--I spend a few hours a day with IOTA (learning or commenting)and that's given me confidence. Same thing I did with Monero when people were saying it was a shit project when it only had an official CLI wallet (somethings never change, and in crypto, the Dunning Kruger of wallet observation is one of the trademarks of not understanding how software development works--of course shitcoins leverage this dumb assertion by copy/pasting BTC and ETH wallets--actual new technologies can't do this, so it's a backwards indicator for many speculators).

heidikim

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:51:30 PM

Smart devices that use the IOTA platform will emerge as a real potential as they go out on the market and become more widespread. Objects of your future technology have a serious security risk in the internet. As the rational and massive measures towards safety arise, confidence will rise to a higher level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: