Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:36:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45349 times)
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

Iota, as well as bitcoin, is now experiencing hard times. Price sank very much. And if bitcoin supports a huge number of investors, then iota can collapse. It will be a pity.

It's more likely that Bitcoin will collapse because of IOTA than the other way around.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

It's more likely that Bitcoin will collapse because of IOTA than the other way around.

True.
The Tangle beats blockchain easy on scaling and speed, add feeless transactions to that and what do you need Bitcoin for?
luchins

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

"Trillions of dollars"? Are you asuming there are a trillion sensors on the planet and one company has to pay for them--otherwise your statement doesn't make sense--though it still doesn't make much sense given there are a few billion IOT devices today and they aren't owned by a single entity.

Companies make money on that data from the devices they own--for example VW's automonous taxi intiative or google delivery drones. Also, they can buy the consumer data from the consumer, which gives them better analytics and market research. Most companies have silos of data sitting in dbs that could be sold on the openmarket through the data marketplace (though that doesn't only apply to data collected by sensors).

I am  smart enough to  thnk  with my head  and  not  to  fall into ''data  marketplace''

Every blockchain can do that  

And once again:  I will seel  data to Google, not  Google  to other people.

That's  why  IOTA is a  treat  for  Amazon, Google

Every blockchain can do feeless and scalable, the things needed to make a data marketplace feasible? Maybe you should go tell them that, because IOTA's the only one testing it. Would be weird that in market of overpromising money grabs, that one of the biggest money makers would be ignored by something anyone can do. /s

If the tangle  can't  find  as much as nodes possible  the network will relay on coordinator forever.

What makes  you think that  a lot  of  people  will join the IOTA network  making it  stronger?

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:13:34 PM

"Trillions of dollars"? Are you asuming there are a trillion sensors on the planet and one company has to pay for them--otherwise your statement doesn't make sense--though it still doesn't make much sense given there are a few billion IOT devices today and they aren't owned by a single entity.

Companies make money on that data from the devices they own--for example VW's automonous taxi intiative or google delivery drones. Also, they can buy the consumer data from the consumer, which gives them better analytics and market research. Most companies have silos of data sitting in dbs that could be sold on the openmarket through the data marketplace (though that doesn't only apply to data collected by sensors).

I am  smart enough to  thnk  with my head  and  not  to  fall into ''data  marketplace''

Every blockchain can do that  

And once again:  I will seel  data to Google, not  Google  to other people.

That's  why  IOTA is a  treat  for  Amazon, Google

Every blockchain can do feeless and scalable, the things needed to make a data marketplace feasible? Maybe you should go tell them that, because IOTA's the only one testing it. Would be weird that in market of overpromising money grabs, that one of the biggest money makers would be ignored by something anyone can do. /s

If the tangle  can't  find  as much as nodes possible  the network will relay on coordinator forever.

What makes  you think that  a lot  of  people  will join the IOTA network  making it  stronger?

Beacause Bosch, VW, Fujitsu, Taiwan, Finland and whatever major user of the IOT will want to secure their tx. If I didn't see interest from these types of orginizations, I wouldn't have invested. These people have a well researched need and aren't going to bother unless they think their needs can be met.

TCTDev

Activity: 574
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

I really like this project. I think that this coin will become one of the most successful coins in 2018. I invested in IOTA and I believe that this will increase my capital.
luchins

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

Feeless transactions are a joke, there will always be fees under the form of direct payment or PoW because servers don't run on magic.

Also noone cares about fees as long as they are low and they will being with scaling.

luchins

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:21:02 PM

Bitcoin Cash.

0-conf is accepted by plenty of merchants and fees are under a cent
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:32:09 PM

Bitcoin Cash.

0-conf is accepted by plenty of merchants and fees are under a cent

Still too much for IOT in certain cases. When payments of fractions of a cent are made even "fees under a cent" are too much.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:57:38 PM

Feeless transactions are a joke, there will always be fees under the form of direct payment or PoW because servers don't run on magic.

Also noone cares about fees as long as they are low and they will being with scaling.

The POW for an IOTA tx is trivial, so it would equivalent to logging onto here. Would you use Bitcointalk or a Bitcointalk that charged you 0.11 a post--now multiply that decsion making a million times to get a glimpse into how corporations and goverments veiw this problem.

Even if a fee is a penny, would you use it for subpenny transactions in the billions--especially if a feeless network exist?

You should probably research the needs of the IOT--you're spouting off nonsense.

shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:29:38 PM

This is revolutionary idea to make a Real World Usecase i.e. Water and Electricity per Unit: With IOTA´s feeless transactions and both will be instantly paid for per unit of use. No more annual subscriptions or middleman. Read more about IOTA data marketplace as part of smart city research: https://www.apgsga.ch/en/company-market/news-presse-releases/2018/01/29/apgsga-interaction-testet-blockchain-anwendung-im-/
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 01:52:38 PM

Nice write-up on  a German Engineering site as we head into next week's Hannover Messe exhibition (note that ~10 major companies will have exhibits featuring IOTA POCs): https://www.ingenieur.de/technik/hannover-messe/iota-die-neue-waehrung-der-industrie-4-0/

Translated: https://iota-news.com/iota-the-new-currency-of-industry-4-0/

cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:59:57 PM

Iota, as well as bitcoin, is now experiencing hard times. Price sank very much. And if bitcoin supports a huge number of investors, then iota can collapse. It will be a pity.
I was one of the earliest investors of Iota and no doubt it is one of the high potential coin in the market. IOTA has been on the top but oftentimes lower than the top 10 list. But lately, IOTA has finally landed on the top 10. This is a very big step for IOTA. Right now, IOTA has reached the ninth rank with a market cap of more than 3.2 billion in US dollars. The price per IOTA has already reached $1.16 dollars. There will be more to come for this coin. 
luchins

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

I tried  once to   talk about  IOTA in a forum.

This   was  this  answer:  ''Aahahahah  IOTA''

IOTA  doesn't   have  a  wallet.   

In  the best  case scenario that  the product   worked, all you  could  make is  a  x10, because  of the   great  coin total supply  (2  BILLIOOOSNS OF  COINS)

There  are  alternatives  in the market  with a fewer  coin supply ,  I am  talking about CPCchain, Streamr, IOT chainn

Iota is already priced in
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:19:12 PM

IOTA  doesn't   have  a  wallet.    

Hmm, I have my IOTA on a wallet and will have them on an even better wallet, when Trinity will be released. How do you come to that conclusion ?

In  the best  case scenario that  the product   worked, all you  could  make is  a  x10, because  of the   great  coin total supply  (2  BILLIOOOSNS OF  COINS)

I wasn't aware of the fact, that there is an upper limit for how much worth a cryptocurrency can be. Where is this limit ?

What is already priced in ?

Ortorturus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:21:19 PM

IOTA is really under great pressure, if within 2-3 months the situation on the market does not change, I'm afraid that IOTA will completely become obsolete.
luchins

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:07:39 PM

Hmm, I have my IOTA on a wallet and will have them on an even better wallet, when Trinity will be released. How do you come to that conclusion ?

In  the best  case scenario that  the product   worked, all you  could  make is  a  x10, because  of the   great  coin total supply  (2  BILLIOOOSNS OF  COINS)

I wasn't aware of the fact, that there is an upper limit for how much worth a cryptocurrency can be. Where is this limit ?

With  2 BILLIONS  of coin you can not expect  a  price  increase more than  a  x10, that's  what I am  talking
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

With  2 BILLIONS  of coin you can not expect  a  price  increase more than  a  x10, that's  what I am  talking

Sure you can. Why shouldn't you?
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:46:27 PM

With  2 BILLIONS  of coin you can not expect  a  price  increase more than  a  x10, that's  what I am  talking

I actually think the price can go up because more money will come into the cryptocurrency economy eventually. The total market cap is around 350 billion. Since we are still in the early days of this new technology, we can expect that market cap to keep rising. Bitcoin will get into the trillions at some point. I don’t see why IOTA couldn’t get to 100 billion if Bitcoin is in the trillions.
luchins

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

With  2 BILLIONS  of coin you can not expect  a  price  increase more than  a  x10, that's  what I am  talking

I actually think the price can go up because more money will come into the cryptocurrency economy eventually. The total market cap is around 350 billion. Since we are still in the early days of this new technology, we can expect that market cap to keep rising. Bitcoin will get into the trillions at some point. I don’t see why IOTA couldn’t get to 100 billion if Bitcoin is in the trillions.

Tell us one reason why bitcoin should have a trillion market cap

Bitcoin is not the Nasdaq, bro.

You can not replace  the precedent performance of the burst of dot.com bubble and comparing with this bubble. Things are similar, but not  the same

Nasdaq  collects  all the tech stocks, bitcoin is a shit coin with archaic tech.

There is no garantee Bitcoin will resemble the 2000 Nasdaq's performance.

Put this in your mind.

luchins

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:55:39 PM

IOTA is really under great pressure, if within 2-3 months the situation on the market does not change, I'm afraid that IOTA will completely become obsolete.

it will became

because  too promises  but still no  working product, AFTER  5 years  of development

The tanlge is full  of bugs ,  every hacker  on the planet can hack it.  DAG and the Tangle will never work because when there is NO incentive to keep secure the network (Fees  to  the MINERS)  there  are all  the incentives to ATTAK  the  network.

When you keep your funds into the wallet and you are not sure if tomorow they will be still there (It is  already happend)  the  value of the  network is  0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: