Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA is the next big thing  (Read 45345 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:09:27 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 10:23:07 AM by generalizethis

IOTA is in my top list, moreover Sweden is going to apply IOTA technology for creation of own crypto, so this positive news can lead to future growth. The only thing I don't like is 81 character secret phrase. just remember, 1 year ago something like 4 millions were stollen because people used online generators for secret phrase.

E-krona has yet to be decided, there are a few finalist, so IOTA may or may not be the winner.

If you are using an unknown seed generator to create a seed, that's your own fault. It's no different than asking a stranger on the street to assign you a vault combo. Luckily, Trinity will generate seeds, so even noobs won't suffer at their own bad decisions.

The reason the IF didn't put a seed generator in the original wallet was simple, they didn't want to be culpable if the seed generator could be exploited and they didn't want to spend the time auditing it. They only created a wallet after the community demanded it and they were very clear that it would be bare bones and users would have to practice due diligence. I'm sorry people lost money, but the IF's goal was never to get bogged down in wallets or other P2P issues, the goal of the IF has always been to establish IOTA as an IOT standard--it's that focus that led to it being one of the finalist of E-krona and partnerships with Fujitsu, Bosch and VW, so it wasn't like they were wrong. And while I wish they hadn't released a wallet (basically, stuck with the original plan) or had only issued a CLI, a wallet  that's unusable by noobs, (like Monero's early official wallets) it's a case of hind sight being 20/20 and those taking advantage of the situation by piling on weren't saying anything until it was revealed that people were using phishing sites, so their clairvoyance was no better than the IOTA foundation, or if they knew, they didn't care enough to say a damn word--either way, I know politicizing other's misfortunes when I see it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:29:26 AM

I bought IOTA when price was 4.5$, but I will never sell this coin, it seems that only this coin has bright future and could be useful.

I bought it for less than $0.50 and still holding them.

me too same.

i am relly believing iotas projects.
i boutgy it in early septembers and it made me really very happy.

same as kin
Tallos

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:48:08 PM

I bought IOTA when price was 4.5$, but I will never sell this coin, it seems that only this coin has bright future and could be useful.

I bought it for less than $0.50 and still holding them.

me too same.

i am relly believing iotas projects.
i boutgy it in early septembers and it made me really very happy.

same as kin
And imagine that you buy IOTA for the ICO price. Now you will be a millionaire, because the price was only around $0.0001798865 per MIOTA!!!

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:53:43 PM

Iota tie-up with Taiwan based Fujitsu  automative gave lot of new expectations iota holders and IOTA is working close to AI and IOT technologies in crypto currency space IOTA will recreate a new technology innovation in the market
Lucacrebbe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:02:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7041&v=xWAxgO85QxU

Developer creates P2P video streaming using just IOTA network (no internet). AFAIK this translates into other P2P use cases such as chat, settlement layer, etc....

I have  to admit  that IOTA is  one  of my hodling  coin.

But  I have  a  decent IQ, so my question  is

the  oracles  are necessary to bring  the real world data into the  tangle, ok

The  Blockchain has  a   project for  decentralized  oracles.  Its  name  is  Chainlink. Remember this  name,  because  you will be shocked  from its  moon mission

Well  Smart contracts can not  interact  with the  real  world data. Smart contract  can only interact  with  on chain data.  They need  an   adaptar  for  real  world  data.

The  solution is Chainlink.

In Chainlink  you stake  your  LINKS  and  if  an oracle  acts  bad, it  loses  all its LINK  tokens... this  open the  possibilities to have DECENTRALIZED  ORACLES

WHICH  NO  PROJECT  GET

The Oracle  which provide  the correct data  is   rewared  with LINK   tokens.  All is  very trustworty and trustless

IOTA  HAS INTRODUCED  ORACLEs  in project...  so this scaries me, because  I am  a  Chainlink  hodler.

My question  is

In  a sistem  wich  has no  reward for the people  who stake  their  IOTA,  like the Tangle is supposed to be,  how  can they run a DECENTRALIZED ORACLE SERVICE?

WHAT  HAPPENS TO THE  ORACLES  WHICH  MAY  ACT  IN A  BAD  WAY?  ORACLES  WHICH MAY ACT  AGAINST  THE NETWORK INTERSTS?.

IF  YOU  ANSWER  TO  THIS  HIGH  IQ   QUESTION,  I  WILL ADD  EVEN  MORE IOTA.  I  HAVE  ALREADY SOME  IOTA, I  WILL BUY MORE AND MORE

Seriously  can you answer to that  question?

I am  very  exciting about  IOTA, despite all the retarded  FUD  around internet,  but  I would  like to know  if  their  Oracle will be  CENTRALIZED or  decentralized

And  if  they  will be  decentralized,  WHAT  WILL PREVENT A   MALICIOUS  NODE  TO ACT AGAINST  THE NETWORK?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 02:11:57 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:24:03 PM by generalizethis

Developer creates P2P video streaming using just IOTA network (no internet). AFAIK this translates into other P2P use cases such as chat, settlement layer, etc....

In  a sistem  wich  has no  reward for the people  who stake  their  IOTA,  like the Tangle is supposed to be,  how  can they run a DECENTRALIZED ORACLE SERVICE?

And  if  they  will be  decentralized,  WHAT  WILL PREVENT A   MALICIOUS  NODE  TO ACT AGAINST  THE NETWORK?

We don't even know if the smart contracts will be with oracles and/or on the IOTA network (both have been researched by the IF), so I'd wait to ask when that is known--likely, a month as was stated in https://qubic.iota.org/

Lucacrebbe

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:11:38 PM

We don't even know if the smart contracts will be with oracles and/or on the IOTA network (both have been researched by the IF), so I'd wait to ask when that is known--likely, a month as was stated in https://qubic.iota.org/

Basically do you have to pay  to use the  smart contract on IOTA
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:47:18 PM

Basically do you have to pay  to use the  smart contract on IOTA

Unknown.

There may be instances where you have to pay and you don't have to pay. Or it may be all pay or not. What I'm wondering is, "Are cheaper than Ethereum and other smart contract platforms?"

If I had to wager, I'd bet at least some contracts require payment as you are asking for the use of computer resources and someone has to pay the cost. I'd also bet they are cheaper due to IOTA's network efficiency.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

Good blog post outlining Q's potential impact: https://vxcompany.com/2018/05/04/qubic-update-potential-impact/

Lucacrebbe

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:53:49 PM

Basically do you have to pay  to use the  smart contract on IOTA

Unknown.

There may be instances where you have to pay and you don't have to pay. Or it may be all pay or not. What I'm wondering is, "Are cheaper than Ethereum and other smart contract platforms?"

If I had to wager, I'd bet at least some contracts require payment as you are asking for the use of computer resources and someone has to pay the cost. I'd also bet they are cheaper due to IOTA's network efficiency.

Also I suppose  the sistem will be scalable compared to  Ethereum smart contracts

what do you think ?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 04:00:14 PM

Basically do you have to pay  to use the  smart contract on IOTA

Unknown.

Also I suppose  the sistem will be scalable compared to  Ethereum smart contracts

what do you think ?

Crypto Kitties should be fine on the tangle.

prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

price was a charm https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/iota/usd

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 01:30:23 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2018, 05:25:30 PM by generalizethis

Interesting speculation on Q's use for decentralized margin trading. https://medium.com/@micro_hash/how-iotas-qubit-might-be-on-the-verge-of-revolutionizing-finance-6f1776ae82b0

Flode

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:42:22 PM

IOTA is in my top list, moreover Sweden is going to apply IOTA technology for creation of own crypto, so this positive news can lead to future growth. The only thing I don't like is 81 character secret phrase. just remember, 1 year ago something like 4 millions were stollen because people used online generators for secret phrase.

I agree, the phrase and the wallet itself is something I've never liked about IOTA. However the Trinity wallet is just around the corner, and it's looking amazing.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:18:08 PM

Short, common sense article on why IOTA's price will increase: https://medium.com/@Fevzii/iota-the-biggest-value-spike-has-yet-to-come-9e228487d4a2

chuckbobuck

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:26:02 PM

Does anybody know how many other DAG clones are floating around out there?
Giantreturn18

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:30:22 PM

I was very interested in reading your article about IOTA, it might be on it's way to 30 billion cap, it's at over 6 billion right now!!  Although some replies to this post pointed out some problems, they will solve the problems and be a huge company.  Thank you for this post and good luck with your new investments as well!
chuckbobuck

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:38:20 PM

The reason I like Iota is because of the value proposition in terms of how it can save people money.    Look at the dotcom bubble and which companies came out on top.  It was the ones that gave value, in terms of savings to their users.  Ebay, for instance.  They were the collective rummage sale of the internet. 

When the bull market ends in stocks (and it will,) there will be extreme pain in the crypto space.  People tend to sell the highly speculative investments first.  The ones that survive (then thrive) will be the ebays of the crypto world, like IOTA, IMHO. 
cryptimus prime (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:59:42 AM

I was very interested in reading your article about IOTA, it might be on it's way to 30 billion cap, it's at over 6 billion right now!!  Although some replies to this post pointed out some problems, they will solve the problems and be a huge company.  Thank you for this post and good luck with your new investments as well!

Glad you liked it. Hope the same for you. Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:47:42 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 11:46:42 AM by generalizethis

Trading opened on Houbi

https://www.huobi.pro/de-de/iota_usdt/exchange/

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: