Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:07:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:21:21 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I really don't think that holding bitcoin is greed, most of us are earning bitcoin so that we can make extra income and learn about bitcoin. There is nothing wrong keeping bitcoin as possible to maximize their worth, it is just like saving a real money for the future, but in this situation, there are risks that the value of your bitcoin will drop to zero. There is no greed in that because it is their own money that they invest and it is their decisions on how they use their own coins. Why would you care about other peoples coin? This is just really a matter of privacy, opinion, and decisions with their coin. Just do what you do and let us keepers do what we do.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tientien5

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:30:36 AM

What is bitcoin is greed or greed
Greed greatly affects every human being, it decides so many elements of our morality, greed is to keep our own or to shake not drop
However, there are many people who want to invest in and participate in the bitcoin market. It is very good when bitcoin is of the future rather than greedy.... Angry Angry Angry
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:32:02 AM

I believe greed has a moral consequence that needs to be assess, meaning is your act of holding bitcoin coming at the expense of others?

People save money, therefore hold money, to spend on things in the future. The concept of investing is built around the idea that a dollar invested is worth tomorrow than it is today. Is this greed? I don't think so.

I think greed needs to come with a negative consequence. What do you think?

I definitely agree with this. Greed is something that is you get but hurting others because it is not appropriate. Holding bitcoin can be good as said a strategy to increase more profit of what you invested. Also, these bitcoin these people own, it us up to them on how they want to use it. They have their own business to mind so mind your too.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

Greedy for what? There is nothing to fear because bitcoins are solid and can not be stopped. So do not be afraid because it will continue to rise in price over time. Being greeady with bitcoins has no risk because it crashes. This will increase the price and higher than the previous price.
Jaci

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:11:04 AM

No , Bitcoin holding is not a Greedy. People Hold Bitcoin for his business so we can't called holding bitcoin is a greedy.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:14:47 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

I guess it's natural and not greedy. are not you so yourself? this is about the concept, and if its value goes down is a risk. basically everyone wants to live better and have a lot of money. is not this normal?
as well as the bitcoin the more its value continues to grow the more people want to hold it for as long as possible. things that are natural and happen to everyone. including yourself
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:22:05 AM

We have to agree all us is greedy and it is not wrong also, as greed only leads to expansion of our thoughts for the need to survive in a better position  in the society.  There is not much risk in holding instead it is profitable to work with excitement. Expecting more nobody can say that it is wrong that is know and named as greedy is my opinion.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:23:22 AM

In my opinion, holding bitcoin is not greedy. The person wants to hold there bitcoin because they want to earn plenty of money. Yes, that sounds greedy, but it is an part of earning and saving your money. If you just buy and sell your bitcoin. That is a common thing you do, buy bitcoin at a lower amount and sell it at your profitable price. In that way, you can make a profit on your money. Smiley
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:47:40 AM

If there is the worth involved with then the greed will also there because everyone want to maximize their income and want to get more profit ever. The bitcoin is now growing currency and those who have money they want to hold it for future they think that it will provide them the good profit margin. Holding is greedy but it is the common sense that no one want to get lose in the life.

dotts

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

For me, I think holding bitcoin is not greedy. It's only a concept because people want to earn money. So they invest bitcoins because if the value continues to grow the more chances of having profit. So holding bitcoins is an investment which we can call business.
tommy05

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:21:30 AM

For me, I think holding bitcoin is not greedy. It's only a concept because people want to earn money. So they invest bitcoins because if the value continues to grow the more chances of having profit. So holding bitcoins is an investment which we can call business.
I agree , investing in bitcoin it just like investing on stockmarket you hope that the price or your shares will increase over time ! that was a ll investment all about it is not being greedy
tmawheba

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:26:36 AM

There is nothing wrong in being greed. Greed is what leads to growth. Greed helps to work hard, basically all humans are greedy but they don't show it.  A greedy person will only strive to grow in his field of work. Bitcoin is a easier platform to quench this thirst of greed as here there is nothing to loose, just only play our part and earn and if we feel from inside there is scope of growth just hold what we have and quench out thirst.

rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:27:09 AM

Holding bitcoin to a lesser amount is not a greed. I myself hold a small bit of my bitcoin, the rest I sell for my personal needs and just collect profits from bitcoin trading. I'm sure many bitcoin users are doing as I do.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
oloveloveo

Activity: 158

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:34:19 AM

Well for me doing that comes with the risk and we are aware of that risk. So if i want to keep holding my bitcoins,then in my opinion its not about totally being greedy. Its being hopeful and trusting that the price of it will further increase in the future. If ever in the future that the price of it will suddenly decrease, one must be fully prepared of the decision he/she have done.

crazykill182

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:48:15 AM

Being greedy sometimes good. It also show that a person have plans and ambition for the future. They thinking what wil they do in the gains they gain in the future. But also it can crush the mind of a person especially when the value of bitcoin decrease.
And in my opinion bitcoin will not totally losses its value that you will end up nothing, i think you will somehow profit but not the same of what you are imagining in your mind.
tarpa07

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:57:39 AM

No bitcoin is not a greedy it is crypto currency coin if you have a money thirsty so it is on your greedy but bitcoin is not a greedy.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:58:48 AM

Absolutely right you are. Holding bitcoin is one kind of investment but holding is far better than investment. Because in holding actually there is no risk but in investment, there is risk to lose capital. I think holding is not a greedy decision.
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:22:29 AM

Many are buying Bitcoin not because they are greedy . This is a great opportunity for investment and capital growth. The cost of Bitcoin has grown x10 in 2017 and this is just the beginning.

acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:25:33 AM

absolutely nope! you may call it being wise and smart rather than being greedy, bitcoin has the capability to change the financual system of this world holding it makes you one with the revolution. mass adoption will come to bitcoin and its price will massively still increased
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:26:05 AM

I don't think holding bitcoin is an act of greediness since we are  holding bitcoin for us to have profits and the bitcoin that we are holding is not from other people. we hold bitcoin as a form of investment and i believe it will only be considered as an act of greed if the bitcoin that we are holding is from other people's efforts and expense.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: