Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13241 times)
Granslam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:23:37 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
no i think selling bitcoin is greedy because if you hold your bitcoin it wont say that this is a greedy type because holding bitcoin is a smart and good choice than to sell your bitcoins when the value gets increase a little .
xurestey

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:23:39 AM

I firmly believe that bitcoin investors believe in the future of bitcoin. So investors will buy as much bitcoin as possible. Me too. I have no intention of selling bitcoin at this time. I would definitely buy more bitcoin.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:25:00 AM

I firmly believe that bitcoin investors believe in the future of bitcoin. So investors will buy as much bitcoin as possible. Me too. I have no intention of selling bitcoin at this time. I would definitely buy more bitcoin.

I actually find this question a bit funny as there's nothing wrong with having a good stratevy for the future like holding bitcoins. Everyone wants to make money amd profit and one way to easily achieve that is to have enough patience to hold. Wanting a better future isn't greediness.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?
I do not think that holding the Bitcoin and waiting for the right price to trade is being greedy i think it ws just managing the profit to get. Well there is a possibility that holding bitcoin too long will backfire and get nothing because it will become wasted like when you caught in a accident then you die that was too much waste if that happen but lets hope that it will not happen. But it was not being greedy .
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:52:07 AM

You are greedy if you invest all your income into bitcoins then your daily lifestyle will not be balance because you also need to leave some of the penny to your wallet so you can still have a money to sustain your daily life when there is a huge down in the market.
I can hardly find any single person who is living on this earth and he actually don’t want to have more money for better future of his family and himself. We all are greedy and this is the real fact, we cannot deny it. As fa as holding of bitcoin is concerned, this is really a good thing to do and it will for sure help you in making your dream come true. You will end up having huge money.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 08:08:55 AM

It is not greedy, in my opinion holding bitcoin is a strategy, people do not hold because they do not want others to have a bitcoin. It is quite impossible to hoard all bitcoins so I guess it is not being greedy if your purpose in waiting and holding your bitcoin is for your investment to increase.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:52:19 AM

I don't really think that it's greedy at all. It just so happens that a person wants to earn more. Being greedy is like to want all that you could possibly have. But, once the reason behind the holding is to earn more for the future of yourself, loved ones and so on, then it will be for a good cause, thereby making it reasonable and admirable at the same time. So, it's not actually being greedy.

nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:09:03 PM

Bitkoyn is not held by greedy people, but wise enough. It would not be wise to do yourself a loss. All human actions must have logic and a definite need. If a person invests in bitcoin, he calculates for a certain income and these actions are logical.
Human minds were full of greed, but this will not found over everything. Here what they have while holding bitcoin is hope and this is not greed. Greed is when they try to multiply what they have through other forms such as trading as well using other platforms available.
Yeah this makes sense. In few words you have cleared everything. This is reality everyone have his own goals to achieve and for that they are working day and night to complete their tasks and getting closer to their destination. People have different minds and thus they hold bitcoin for their special purposes. But greed is not the word, no you can’t use this world. It is s strategy to earn more.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:00:16 PM

Bitcoin is still undervalued so its price can go anywhere over $100k in next decade or so if there will be no any catastrophic event till than.
However just holding bitcoin for long term might not give you the same amount which you can make by actively trading them during large pumps and dumps but it is quite hard to learn how to guess perfect get in and exit points.

What does this have to do with greed? Please stop spam posting.

If holding is greedy, the counterbalance would be if charity. Giving something away for those less fortunate. It doesn't have to be giving your bitcoin away, but you could give anything away that will help others and balance your greed for bitcoin with your charity of other things.

I agree. I think greed doesn't really come into play in this topic since holding is as legit as any business move around. If that's the way you want your bitcoins to dealt or invested, then by all means. Although it may have counterproductive results because it may affect how the market trends play out, it would still depend on the person holding such coins.

A.nayem

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:08:27 PM

#
Holding is good all the time, and you couldn't tell that its time to withdraw since the price of bitcoin is always fluctuating, we could never tell when it will PUMP and DUMP, but there is no wrong and right time also to withdraw your bitcoin, I mean, it is all about getting the right prediction to have more profits after we hold our bitcoin in the long run. Holding bitcoin is not about being greedy, it is about being smart because the more time you spend on holding your bitcoin, the more profits that you could get rather than not holding it for too long.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:24:26 PM

i think no if you just holding bitcoin and wait until the price of bitcoin rising up its not a greedy, in my opinion greedy is like you dont sell your coin when the price is reaches your prediction and create a new prediction, its makes you look greedy because of it

if0nlyweknew

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:27:36 AM

The United States is trying to boost the price of BTC back again, however when The chinese awoke back tugging the cost go down. We would do if the situation proceeds bloodshed occur?
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:10:17 AM

NO, because the company and management of bitcoin knows how to value every customers future. They provide a strong security to assure that all dreams in life of every individual can achieve and become successful free from struggles or conflict which can stop it.
Silent Money

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:26:50 AM

I think no..As long as you have a good intentions in holding those coins and you will just help to others and share to others and the most Important thing is to share your knowledge about bitcoin to them..
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 06:11:51 AM

I dont think its is greedy, because thats the nature and purpose of investment right? We're given an opportunity to become financialy uplifted. This isnt Greed, its a Privilege that needs intelectual decisions and options.  In my point of view, Greed means a negative way of dealing with our desire or being selfish, like you dont care about the other person as long as you can do what you desire, like the fake ICO's and all kind of scams and phishing. Those are the ones who is Greedy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

I think not,because we are here doing business by just holding and holding it until the price of Bitcoin goes up and I do not think it's greedy but it is a strategy for get profit in Bitcoin.
I think greedy people are those who already have a lot of money but they still want a profit which is big from Bitcoin and I do not want to be a greedy person.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:05:25 AM

I don't think so. It was predicted by lot of people that bitcoin could touch the value 10k$(buy it happen a bit soon). Those ,who have trust in bitcoin and wise enough, are holding the bitcoin still now. you can't call them greedy. 
But anyone buying lot of bitcoins at this price you can call him little bit of greedy.

Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:02:25 PM

To some extent that might be correct but i think holding bitcoins could be profitable also because its price is going moon quickly then ever before. If bitcoins holding is greedy then everyone is greedy because everyone is trying to have the most of it.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:27:27 PM

Holding bitcoin is not included in the term "greedy". Holding bitcoin for a long term is an excellent investment and strategy. If you also can to do it, you would benefit very well and could make you a millionaire in the future.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
theybuild

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

For me, why would it be greedy if you are simply planning out a  better strategy that fits more on your future plans in using bitcoin? Holding out is not a greedy act, it is just a method for tactics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: