Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is EVERY ico a scam??  (Read 21392 times)
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:09:13 AM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...

Most of them but there are cream of the crops like UBEX, I really think they are really a good project. They are already pre-listed in 6 exchange even though they are still on their ICO stage. As soon as the hard cap is reach which is 6% to go, you can easily trade your tokens to these 6 exchange. It only means that this ICO is one of the best right now. I've been participating in most ICOs and I can honestly tell that most of them don't have future. In 10 ICOs you are lucky if there is 1 project that will survive in crytopsphere.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
gempil

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:11:36 AM

Before you can prove that the ICO is a scam, then you should not profile other communities to believe in your opinions that are not yet clear. Analyze and be careful to detail first. Not all ICOs here are scams. If you can analyze it properly, of course, there will be an ICO that is really good and legitimate that you will get, where from the ICO you can get a lot of money.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:14:12 AM

Not necessarily, but this year many ICOs are scams. Perhaps this is not what the project party wants to see. But because of insufficient funds, the project will fail.

I do not agree with the statement that every ICO project is a scam. I do not deny that there are projects that are built aiming to cheat, there are also projects with good objectives but failing to sell coins or tokens. I think there are still many projects that are legit and have good growth.

Exactly not all ico are scam, just be alert on choosing on which Ico is good to be penetrated and study its strategies on how it was develope and reliable to conduct a project with great objectives. Being wise can evade scammers,

This is the hardest part when choosing the right ICO to make investment because nobody knows what could be the ending. But there are many ways to determine a legit one and all it need is time and effort. Better if they already have a working product because it's nearly somewhat nearly true.
Maximo1

Activity: 202

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:14:42 AM

Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...
Seems like you are promoting your ICO bud, but you are right there are a lot of ICOs out there which are scam but there are also ones that are legit but they are only a few of them and as an investors we got to see to it that we invest in legit ones by doing our own research.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:25:54 AM

Yes, I also think so, not all ICO projects are a scam, I see many of these projects fail not to achieve hard cap, there are so many reasons why they can be like that. If we are observant and have experience of a failure, we can use the experience to choose a project ICO legit
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:28:01 AM

The fact that most of the ICOs are indeed Scams, very few ICOs really build their communities and invite people earnestly to do mutually beneficial trade, I am sure honest ICOs will be successful even though they have difficulties in developing their projects.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:31:41 AM

For me, there are several basic evaluation criteria. I estimate each of them from 1 to 5 points and get a total.

0. Do we need blockchain for its goals?

There are projects that do not need blockchain. And there are people who do not think about it. When they meet, it turns out a scam  Wink

1. Web site

If it looks like he was made a schoolboy, then you can not look further

2. White paper

This can be said for a very long time.
There should be: goals, part of the code, and a reference to the repository

3. Roadmap

Detailed and without controversy with the whitepaper. With realistic deadlines for achieving the goals
SergeyS

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:39:55 AM

Just my two satoshis...
I wouldn't say most ICO's are scams!There are projects that really work and push your product to the market,but due to lack of experience or other reasons,they just nachinaut skalitsa.Therefore,I can not say that 90% of ICO is fraud,this figure is much less.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
v_15

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:03:34 AM

Not at all if you choose the right one. I go through Coindelite https://coindelite.com/ and list of ICO http://listofico.com/ for upcoming ICO projects to invest in. I currently came across Incodium.

Incodium has developed a solution to protect users and investors against the rising threat of cryptocurrency hacks. Incodium is achieving this through an API-based Smart Contract Solution.

The cryptocurrency market’s valuation has crossed the $300 billion mark. As the value of the market grows, there is an urgent need to beef up security measures. Given the rapidly increasing in cryptocurrency exchange hacks, there needs to be a solution to this problem.

Until now, when an exchange gets hacked, the process of identification of theft and compensation to the user take days or even weeks to be processed at times.

Incodium aims to revolutionize the way compensation is provided through a simple, transparent and actionable platform. Their “Smart Compensation Protection” service determines the extent of the loss occurred and the amount of compensation that needs to be provided.

For More Information visit: https://incodium.io/

Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Incodium/

Official Medium Page: https://medium.com/@incodiummate

Official Telegram Channel: https://t.me/incodium

Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/Incodium_Daniel

Official Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/INCOmate

https://listofico.com/icos/incodium
KingElrey

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

no, its not what you really think, there are some legit and serious type of project.. must look and investigate really hard. the above replies are true enough to get some ideas on how to look what is legit project are you going to join.
Pandji02

Activity: 896
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:18:13 PM

I agree there are many ico scams but not all ico are scam, I think everything depends on us choosing the project. make sure the project is not a scam by reading the whitepaper and website before you invest.
vovanlau2

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:25:49 PM

Do you still follow this post, friend ? Now, 99% ICOs are scam. No, 99% airdrops are scam, but so many ICOs are scam, too.
airinnesmith26

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:39:47 PM

I don't think many are actual scams but yeah a lot are crap lol. Still some decent ones around though, just a lot harder to find.
_Flynn_

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:52:46 PM

There are many ICOs, which are scam nowadays, but not 99%, of course. I think, it is about 50%.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 03:59:44 PM

I don't think many are actual scams but yeah a lot are crap lol. Still some decent ones around though, just a lot harder to find.
Yes, there are still decent ICOs with genuine project and they are not hard to find as you said cause the crypto currency market is not like before. Besides, most of the ICOs that come from Europe Union are usually good cause they usually went for their licence since their government supported crypto currency.

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:06:40 PM

Just my two satoshis...

Of course it would be wrong to make a generalization for all projects because sometimes it is important to remember that very serious projects have been realized and there are very good profit margins and sales opportunities. Today, unfortunately, many of the projects are being used outside of purpose and the only purpose is to collect money, which is why hundreds of projects have been unsuccessful. But it should not be forgotten that there is no rule that every project will be scam, so it would not be right to look at every project with this approach. We can see that there are projects that really offer a product that is very rare, just as it is the projects that are devoted to the goals. For that reason, instead of generalizing, we should choose to conduct research and make different evaluations for each project after the research so that we can get fruit of this sector efficiently.
trungquoc4622342

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:10:19 PM

Not all ICOs are fraudulent, but most are. Everyday there are too many ICOs born and it has no benefit, nothing except to fool the money of investors. It is difficult to find a quality ICO when you have no knowledge.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
hypd_token
Copper Member

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:22:57 PM

There are plenty of them, who are scam, it's true. However, there are a lot of great ideas and projects, who are worth the attention and investments just to help with their procedure. E.g.,it is very important to check at least the team (should be 5 or more, mostly developers and not only marketers, their linkedin), the white paper/ light paper and generally, if blockchain is really appropriate to the field of the project.
And of course, you could check www.token.hypd.co for inspiration or something more Wink
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 04:29:57 PM

As you rightly stated, 90% of ICO''s are scam and now, it is difficult to identify which ICO''s are scam. It's not all of them though, but most of them.

maga-king

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:31:51 PM

I think less than 50% are just scammers. Now the market is falling, and projects can not collect enough invests for launching
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: