Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or ICO  (Read 2276 times)
HodlusMaximusInvestus

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:55:19 AM

Both high risk hahaha
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:56:11 AM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink

If you want short term choose tradin but if you want long term choose ico. Trading is good right now because the segwit2x is suspended, some altcoin price start increase today. Both are good actually, so just make it 50% for trading and 50% for ico.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:28:09 AM

Trading and ICO both are good points for investing but I think in trading you may disterb from unstable bitcoin price and from ICOs you have less problem of this kind because in ICO you have to invest in brand new coin that is nearly listed in exchanges but one fear is attact with ICO some ICOs scam, So be aware from scam peoples.
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:36:28 AM

Both can be profitable. Ico has the opportunity for larger gains usually. But it's also more risky

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:40:19 AM

You should split your money and invest in the two. Either way you have to do your due diligence. Before you venture into any investment you should do your bit by investigating and research. For ICO there are a lot of scams so I will encourage crowdsale ICO and for trading learn the nitty gritty before you start.
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Strategist

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:44:22 AM

Why not do it at the same time? you can put 50% of your money in trading and the other percentage is on ICO but since your a newbie don't invest all of the 50% in ICO's or trading.  Just start with a small amout, do some search about trading and ICO's and when your already know how it works then you can invest all your money. You'll get rich in no time, specially when you are a fast learner.
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:55:41 AM

I think trading would be a better choice. Investing in ICO can be very risky to the point that you will be blindly invest based on what they just wrote on their white paper and have only plans and ideas. I am not saying that all ICO are scam but most of them are. It can be very deceiving to just look and research at what is their product and what can it do. There is no such thing as it will go to the moon after it hits the exchanges. Trading can be rewarding if you do it right. Why not invest in knowledge first. Study well and then  start with just a small money. In this way, you can just get your feet wet first before diving into it. At least you can experience it first hand and if it doesnt go as planned at least you will not burn your portfolio.

I agree with you that trading is good choice because trading is more risky than ico.
whereas if ico we do not know about the projection of the project especially nowadays a lot of scam ico.
so better trading than on ico to avoid the scam ico
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:04:38 AM

Hi, everyone. I got about $5000 to invest in crypto. Which one is more secure and profitable: trade crypto (yes, I'm a newbie) or invest in ICO?
I've made my own research and investing in several ICO's seems more attractive for me, but want to know your opinions Wink

Both are risky if you do not have the necessary knowledge. Investing in ICO is good because there are huge bonuses given but the risk is much higher. There are so many ICOs that failed. Aside from that there are other ICOs that are outright scams. And several others are nothing but projects founded upon the whims of the team. It is a good investment provided you will not fall among these categories. In trading, you need to learn the skills before you will also become successful. Study both very well before you decide.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:10:30 AM

Investing in ICO's can be more difficult than trading in my opinion. If you want you can open demo account and try trade crypto on dummy account but it's not the same - there is no emotions involved and believe me your decision can be influenced by emotions when price drops. Because you are newbie I will not recommend day trading for you, and I will not recommend buy Initial Coin Offering - it requires skills and knowledge, experience and patience.
ICO is basically investing in StartUp, things can gowrong at any stage from the beginning.

If you really must decide, try research about ICO's from first top 25 from coinmarketcap.com Make sure read their ANN thread, visit website, watch reviews on YouTube, Search videos witch Ian Balina on YT and watch them all. Make sure to read a road map, white paper, check Reddit what other users say, join Telegram. Some ICO's can take 2-3 years from day one before Tokens are highly profitable. If you don't know which one project to start?
research: Golem and SONM. Both are direct competitors but SONM is younger Project and price is still very attractive - around ICO offer.

If I was you I wi buy Bitcoin 90% and 10% in ICO
max and start learn from there.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1233

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:14:54 AM

Why debating this? while we can do both and ICO aswell with tradings is not far different since after the ICO we will go trade our coins we bought, But I will maximize the tradings since from here I can able to earn huge profits rather on ICO's where we can earn with this on monthly basis but sometimes it takes more months since we cannot make sure if the ICO price will come on the coins since sometimes the dump from the bounty hunters will surely came.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:09:41 AM

For now I am joining ICO because most beginners do not have enough funds to invest in intrading because they have big enough capital, so to get investment, I have to participate in gift campaign, and someday, I want to become a trader kriptocurrency kalao already have enough capital.
jsteFF (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:20:44 PM

Unless the ico has discount, buy it. If not.  Its a total waste of time and money.  Some ico coins posted a year ago are still below at their ico price.  Just take a look at Chronobank time now still under 1/3 of its ico price.

That's a good point. I noticed that on the first day of listing all investors sell their tokens which pulls the token price down.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:45:48 PM

Dealing with new ICO is always risky. Investing into the project and being among those guys who were first to do it you can lose everything or get a really Big Prize. To my mind, trading gives more chances to earn here.
Mr_McKska

Activity: 350

3D Blockchain Applications Platform

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:17:59 PM

I would choose investments in ICO. Trading, it seems to me, is much more complicated and requires a lot of time. While selecting an object for investment is easier and the risks are still less.

I think investment in ICO is riskier, we won't know what will happen with the project. most of the ICO's is scam. they only offer a great bonus. better trading when the coins already listed on the market and it's more secure.
It is not so difficult to choose an ICO for an investment that will not turn out to be a SCAM as a result. Perhaps you will not increase your money, but if you choose the right ICO, you will definitely return it. But the trading on the exchanges for a newbie carries the high risk of losing money. It's only easy to say "buy low, sell high". And one more thing - to buy and hold BTC/ETH it's not a trading, it's just an investment.
Read this post on Reddit, it's just about the wrong investments - https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6tfxq4/how_i_fucked_up_and_turned_600_btc_into_200_btc/?sort=old
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:19:11 PM

ico for me. why cause its profitable if you buy it in the pre-sale. hold it and you gonna rich
. what you need to do is choose the right ico

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Mr_McKska

Activity: 350

3D Blockchain Applications Platform

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:35:33 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 08:34:03 AM by Mr_McKska

sometimes the dump from the bounty hunters will surely came
Forgot this fairy tale that bounty hunters can dump the token price, mate. What can they do with their volume 1-2% of total supply maximum? Nothing.
I'll tell you how most of ICOs arranged. On early stage some big whales invest in project and get a huge bonus (private sale). Then there is a pre-sale, where small whales and groups of small investors get smaller bonus. And at the end of campaign ICO is carried out, where everyone can buy tokens at the highest price. After listing on exchanges big and small whales start to sell the tokens even lower than ICO price (if there is no explosive price growth right after listing) because their prices fm private pre-sale and pre-sale allow them to do so. And at this time all the ICO participants are indignant why bounty hunters sell their treasure at such a low price. Grin
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:58:59 PM

I think investing in ICO is more promising and brings more luck.

ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:01:39 PM

I participated in three ICOs last summer, all of them were successful, only with the current ICOs I don't really have faith in them. So now i'm trying to trade when I see opportunities. So far It is going well. But I advise people who just start with crypto to just buy and hold for 6 months and take that time to educate themselves about the crypto market.
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:28:22 PM

Different strokes for different folks, it depends on what you want, at the end of the day you trade your ICO tokens, especially when you are in good profit.

aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:34:19 PM

I think it is all up to personal preference but really ICO carries more risk and more reward. It carries more risk because you dont know if it will get picked up or will be developed properly but there lies a bigger reward for

taking such a risk. Trading however the coin is already in circulation and you can see what it is how the community is and everything else. This leads to less reward but less upfront risk as you know everything you are

getting into. Again I say it boils down to personal preference, perhaps try both with a nominal amount like $100 and see which you prefer more. That can help you decide better which is better for your style of trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: