Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:00:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!!  (Read 75671 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:28:32 PM

Recovering from a drive crash on a dev-server -- there will be some code updates rolling soon when I get my source tree rebuilt.  Kinda wishing I had a backup repo setup with the most current code I was working on - sorry for the delays guys!

oh dang, that's too bad! you don't use a dev branch on github? I've been busy with the oldest starting school for the first time and preparing to build a house and move as well as expecting another (3rd kid) in November.

busy times!

At the time I only have the master branch up on Github because some of the code I've been playing with isn't something I would want someone else to be able to download and test -- it would break things badly -- and I don't have private repos yet.  It's a noob move on my part -- but I've managed to recover 98% of the code that I was sitting on - the other files are ones that were untouched as it were, so -- once I get things back in place I'll be updating the master branch -- from there, I'll most likely get a backup repo up just for sake of shit like these WD drives that keep dying on me...  I'll never buy one of these pieces of garbage again - this is the 4th drive in as many years...

How's it going with your recoveries and updates? I've still got my pool online but when it's being mined, does spike up the CPU. have seen a couple other coins do this like fastcoin and krugercoin... not sure what the underlying issue is but might be something in common...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
triptech

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:44:52 AM

I'm still working on a client build in my spare time - primarily keep track of checkpoints and difficulty recalculations.

The football betting website is also working! Cheesy
El_Nickio

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:45:32 PM

Anyone working on XNC at the moment?

Cryptsy messaged me a couple of days ago about a ticket I opened in July about coins not getting through to them!!

They said XNC was under maintenance and they were waiting for an update from the developer?

Any news anyone??
Anyone still mining??
Any active pools??
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 03:35:10 AM

Anyone working on XNC at the moment?

Cryptsy messaged me a couple of days ago about a ticket I opened in July about coins not getting through to them!!

They said XNC was under maintenance and they were waiting for an update from the developer?

Any news anyone??
Anyone still mining??
Any active pools??

I shut the pool  down as the linux wallet was chewing up a lot of CPU when there were miners on it...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
El_Nickio

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

Could anyone with a fully synced wallet post some nodes please - mine is but with only two connections and Cryptsy have asked for active nodes to sync their wallet.

Cheers  Smiley
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:07:20 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 03:18:29 PM by kimosan

Could anyone with a fully synced wallet post some nodes please - mine is but with only two connections and Cryptsy have asked for active nodes to sync their wallet.

Cheers  Smiley

Wow, just ran my old XNC wallet.. same deal, 2 1 nodes. Cryptsy should consider running nodes to help secure the less popular coins that still trade on that exchange.. they have the resources.
triptech

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:55:09 AM

I still am - when I can find the time!

addnode=46.32.253.168:4334

Block explorer here: http://xnc.se4.biz/block_crawler.php

New build with Coins-e accepted chain checkpoints coming after christmas.

Wallet running latest protocols before the end of the year (wife permitting!)

Weird pool here: http://pool.se4.biz:808/
happyaltminer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:08:15 AM

Scrypt crap ~  Grin

triptech

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:08:19 AM

Couple of little jobs done:

Wallet rebuilt with a coins-e recognised chain and checkpoints.
Hardcode peer xencoin.com removed.
hardcoded peers xnc.se4.biz and andretti.se4.biz hardcoded.
Block Explorer.

Block Explorer :: http://xnc.se4.biz/block_crawler.php

Updated wallet source :: http://xnc.se4.biz/wallets/xencoin_0915.zip

UK Premier League, FA Cup and Championship Betting (XNC Coin only! Cheesy ) http://xnc.se4.giz/goal

Still to do:

Update protocol.
Get Cryptsy onside.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:03:47 PM

very nice, thanks!

El_Nickio

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:36:07 PM

Block Explorer.

UK Premier League, FA Cup and Championship Betting (XNC Coin only! Cheesy ) http://xnc.se4.giz/goal

Still to do:

Update protocol.
Get Cryptsy onside.

How do you get to the betting site??

I want to spend some Xencoin!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley
DidiMidi

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 08:40:52 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 10:31:02 AM by DidiMidi

Block Explorer.

Still to do:

Update protocol.
Get Cryptsy onside.

I found the network completely stuck at too high a diff for any CPU to handle... my days of mining for profit are long since gone so i don't mind pointing a Gridseed at the network to keep it alive. At 0.1x diff the average time between blocks, with so little hashrate, is about 10 minutes. Hopefully the difficulty retargeting algo is not TOO broken and diff will get low enough that the network will no longer need to be on "life support".

Anyway, any stuck TXs should start getting through again and trading (at least at Coins-e) can be resumed, in theory at least - but not many (if any) buy orders. Cryptsy, that's another one; i can open a ticket, but i've read the whole thread and it seems that it's pretty useless unless i'm someone remotely close to the coin dev, which is not the case.

In any event feel free to drop me a line if you think i can be of any help, i'm no programmer but there's no harm in trying - and this is not the first time i am keeping a network alive just because.

EDIT: I'll throw in another Gridseed or diff retargeting will never kick in at this rate.

And in case someone wants to send me a few coins (would be nice to test the network, not even a billion coins are worth anything if they can't be used), feel free: XsLFZAYKAeWjF6KJPqyQNPDZPEmfoMrxUj

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄██████▀▄    ▄▄████▄▄▄██▀
▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
▀███▄▄▄▄███▄▀▀▀██▄▄    ▄▀█████▄
  ▀███████▀      ▀▀██▄▀▄█▀ ▄ ▀██▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE │
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄
████████████████      WHITEPAPER      ████████████████
▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
DidiMidi

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:52:29 PM

Ok, confirmed. Transactions working again (although really slow, at least for the time being). I had to wait over 12 hours to find 80 blocks (mature time) so i had some coins for testing.  Undecided

I don't mind maintaining the network up if there's a little bit of interest left from the community, but it can take quite a bit of time for the difficulty to adjust so don't expect instant transactions. But as long as the network is up and running without further issues, Cryptsy shouldn't have any reason not to point their daemon at the active nodes and resume normal activity.

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
El_Nickio

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:30:07 PM

Block Explorer.

Still to do:

Update protocol.
Get Cryptsy onside.

I found the network completely stuck at too high a diff for any CPU to handle... my days of mining for profit are long since gone so i don't mind pointing a Gridseed at the network to keep it alive. At 0.1x diff the average time between blocks, with so little hashrate, is about 10 minutes. Hopefully the difficulty retargeting algo is not TOO broken and diff will get low enough that the network will no longer need to be on "life support".

Anyway, any stuck TXs should start getting through again and trading (at least at Coins-e) can be resumed, in theory at least - but not many (if any) buy orders. Cryptsy, that's another one; i can open a ticket, but i've read the whole thread and it seems that it's pretty useless unless i'm someone remotely close to the coin dev, which is not the case.

In any event feel free to drop me a line if you think i can be of any help, i'm no programmer but there's no harm in trying - and this is not the first time i am keeping a network alive just because.

EDIT: I'll throw in another Gridseed or diff retargeting will never kick in at this rate.

And in case someone wants to send me a few coins (would be nice to test the network, not even a billion coins are worth anything if they can't be used), feel free: XsLFZAYKAeWjF6KJPqyQNPDZPEmfoMrxUj

I sent you some  Wink

I've still got a ticket open with Cryptsy - they occasionally contact me to ask if it's been resolved......it hasn't!

It would be great if they re-synced their wallet - I keep my wallet running 24/7 for the good of the network - I always have very few connections on it though.

Don't spend those Xencoin all at once Grin Grin Grin
DidiMidi

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:20:33 PM

Thanks, received!  Grin

I noticed that i'm no longer the only one processing blocks... someone seems to be pointing some hashes (GPU probably) at the network. Nice, that can speed up network recovery a little bit.

Same history with cryptsy.. nothing. They have the working nodes and block explorer, they only need MINUTES to get it working again.  Roll Eyes

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
DidiMidi

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:02:33 PM

Diff has readjusted to 0.02979109, i'm removing "life support" since the network has quite a lot fo hashrate now ( Huh ).

Still waiting for a reply from Craptsy. :/

▄▀▀███▄
                  █▄█▀▀▀███
                  ▌▐ ▐█▌ ██

▄███▀ ▄▀██▄▀▄
██▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀
███ █▀█  ██ █
███   █  ██▀█
▄▄
                     █ █  ▀▄▀▄ ██
                     █▀█ ▀▄▄▀  ██
                     ▀▄██▄   ▄██▀
                       ▀██████▀
TRUEGAME
5 th  ──────────
March
TELEGRAM

TWITTER
YOUTUBE

GITHUB
thecarnie

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:40:39 PM

I've got a p2pool node running at xencoin.liquidbbs.org:24335 - but I no longer own any mining equipment to know for sure if it's working right.  Source is up on my git repo - the windows binary still needs re-compiled for XNC support.  If anyone else puts up a p2pool node, let me know so I can turn on persistence and the pools can work together (as intended).  The seed node is also still there on the same IP (default port of 4334) and I do my best to keep the DNS seed online as well --

The QT client on my repo hasn't been updated any.  The seed-node I run has to be reset every day because orphan transactions fill up the mempool and I am not mining blocks so they can be included.  It also has v2 block support in it (following litecoin code) but XNC went so long without updates that changes to the code have to be 'adopted over time' or it can have unpredictable results -- hence my mempool (since I'm the only one with a client that supports it) fills up with transactions that never get processed because I have no miners processing them and once there are 10000 in there, it starts having connection issues...

I just don't have the time I thought I would have on this and the other coin project - but I'll try to sort things out in the client I was updating so it's working right - I know another poster took the time to map checkpoints and build them into the old version client so I'm not trying to trump anyone else's work --

In the end, this coin has some inherent flaws - it gets tons of crosstalk from other 'copy and paste altcoins' because basic things in the source code to distinguish technically were not changed.  The block time is just too fast without a decent difficulty algo that prevents the mining from getting stuck due to bullshit like pool-hopping, etc. (or enough usage for the coin that miners will continually mine it and keep the hashing power up so).  Fighting things like that takes at least one fork, maybe two to correct and in the end, it will always still have cross-talk from the other coins due to it's source not being completely ported at origin...
El_Nickio

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:12:15 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 09:28:49 PM by El_Nickio

I've got a p2pool node running at xencoin.liquidbbs.org:24335 - but I no longer own any mining equipment to know for sure if it's working right.  Source is up on my git repo - the windows binary still needs re-compiled for XNC support.  If anyone else puts up a p2pool node, let me know so I can turn on persistence and the pools can work together (as intended).  The seed node is also still there on the same IP (default port of 4334) and I do my best to keep the DNS seed online as well --

The QT client on my repo hasn't been updated any.  The seed-node I run has to be reset every day because orphan transactions fill up the mempool and I am not mining blocks so they can be included.  It also has v2 block support in it (following litecoin code) but XNC went so long without updates that changes to the code have to be 'adopted over time' or it can have unpredictable results -- hence my mempool (since I'm the only one with a client that supports it) fills up with transactions that never get processed because I have no miners processing them and once there are 10000 in there, it starts having connection issues...

I just don't have the time I thought I would have on this and the other coin project - but I'll try to sort things out in the client I was updating so it's working right - I know another poster took the time to map checkpoints and build them into the old version client so I'm not trying to trump anyone else's work --

In the end, this coin has some inherent flaws - it gets tons of crosstalk from other 'copy and paste altcoins' because basic things in the source code to distinguish technically were not changed.  The block time is just too fast without a decent difficulty algo that prevents the mining from getting stuck due to bullshit like pool-hopping, etc. (or enough usage for the coin that miners will continually mine it and keep the hashing power up so).  Fighting things like that takes at least one fork, maybe two to correct and in the end, it will always still have cross-talk from the other coins due to it's source not being completely ported at origin...

Testing your pool - works fine on my laptop with cudaminer but when i try mining with an AMD graphics card with cgminer I just get hardware errors 'invalid nonce count - HW error' - any idea why??
thecarnie

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:43:33 PM

I've got a p2pool node running at xencoin.liquidbbs.org:24335 - but I no longer own any mining equipment to know for sure if it's working right.  Source is up on my git repo - the windows binary still needs re-compiled for XNC support.  If anyone else puts up a p2pool node, let me know so I can turn on persistence and the pools can work together (as intended).  The seed node is also still there on the same IP (default port of 4334) and I do my best to keep the DNS seed online as well --

The QT client on my repo hasn't been updated any.  The seed-node I run has to be reset every day because orphan transactions fill up the mempool and I am not mining blocks so they can be included.  It also has v2 block support in it (following litecoin code) but XNC went so long without updates that changes to the code have to be 'adopted over time' or it can have unpredictable results -- hence my mempool (since I'm the only one with a client that supports it) fills up with transactions that never get processed because I have no miners processing them and once there are 10000 in there, it starts having connection issues...

In the end, this coin has some inherent flaws - it gets tons of crosstalk from other 'copy and paste altcoins' because basic things in the source code to distinguish technically were not changed.  The block time is just too fast without a decent difficulty algo that prevents the mining from getting stuck due to bullshit like pool-hopping, etc. (or enough usage for the coin that miners will continually mine it and keep the hashing power up so).  Fighting things like that takes at least one fork, maybe two to correct and in the end, it will always still have cross-talk from the other coins due to it's source not being completely ported at origin...

Testing your pool - works fine on my laptop with cudaminer but when i try mining with an AMD graphics card with cgminer I just get hardware errors 'invalid nonce count - HW error' - any idea why??

I think a major part is that I don't have the pool set right for working as a solo pool (for starters) - and the other issue I'm not sure about but I believe it will stem from the first one -- I ran pooler's cpuminer for a short while and is was submitting thousands of shares - half accepted, half not -- I need to work on the settings for it some more - and I need to check the xencoind because it most likely needs to be restarted again (orphan overload)...
thecarnie

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:59:19 AM

If you get a chance, give that another try -- I followed a couple bug reports thru GIT and I got my CPUminer to act right - so that should solve the GPU miner from having hardware errors...  (was getting same issues with CPUminer you were having with ATI/AMD (OpenCL) miner) - maybe this will work.  Just set any XNC address for payout - it's running on my 8.7.1 xencoind - so it should payout - so long as it wins some blocks - or I'll have to sort something out for ya for your time - I don't have any big mining hardware and so I don't generate coins anymore --

If this fixes the issue with OpenCL miners, then I'll update the GIT with the p2pool code -- then some more p2pool nodes can go online.  I won't be compiling a windows binary though - not anytime soon anyways...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: