Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: From 0.1 to 1 BTC in 6 months with Day-Trading  (Read 8835 times)
berluscoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments and your support.

This is actually cool. Hitting 1BTC with 0.1BTC in ,6 months is very much possible, though difficult.
You're using 'Day trading' approach, what if you buy a coin today and it goes down the next day, will you sell it and buy another new set of coins for the day.

If a coin goes down during the day, I have many options. The first one that I try is "averaging down" my position. This is a common procedure for hedge funds that hold long-term investments, but it is usually a death sentence for day-trading.
Averaging down the position means that if you have 100 digibyte at 130 and then the price goes to 120, you can buy other 100 digibyte so your break even point will move from 130 to 125.
Since I usually open my trades with a very small risk, I can use this strategy as first attempt to recover a loss.
I can also try other strategies, but if nothing works and the price continues to go down, it is time to close the trade and go on. You can't win 100% of times, sometimes you need to let it go, it's part of the game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:29:44 PM

I'm going to start a trading journal. My goal is to reach 1 BTC starting from 0.1 (a bit less), trading altcoins with a short-term outlook.
I'm a professional trader and, even if cryptocurrency is a new world to me, I have decided to dedicate 6 months to test this market with a small amount.
If I succeed, I will include cryptocurrency in my investment portfolio and I will publish my strategy.

Today's trades:
DNT 632
DGB 139
XRP 3000
GRS 8976

Good luck  Grin

PS: I also have a small investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum, but I won't count it in.

PPS: I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong to publish the picture or I just can't because of my rank.

Please share your development here for our review. Please mention also your coins and your strategy. Thanks
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:31:13 PM

I'm going to start a trading journal. My goal is to reach 1 BTC starting from 0.1 (a bit less), trading altcoins with a short-term outlook.
I'm a professional trader and, even if cryptocurrency is a new world to me, I have decided to dedicate 6 months to test this market with a small amount.
If I succeed, I will include cryptocurrency in my investment portfolio and I will publish my strategy.

Today's trades:
DNT 632
DGB 139
XRP 3000
GRS 8976

Good luck  Grin

PS: I also have a small investment in Bitcoin and Ethereum, but I won't count it in.

PPS: I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong to publish the picture or I just can't because of my rank.

Great work for you. A day trader can earn huge profit from trading. But making 1 bitcoin with 0.1 bitcoin is not a easy work. It is so difficult, i think. But if you have enough experience in day trading you can reach your goal. Care of it and do sincerely.
berluscoin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

It is possible but you need to secure atleast few % profit every day also you have consider trading fee because if you will buy/sell for just 1% or less than that profit you will actually loss on trading fees.

Main problem with short term trading with really small amount is that you might get stucked with some coin bought at peak prices and you will not have any remaining funds to start trading again and keep those shitcoins there till there will be another pump.

Regarding fees, they are considered in my trading algorithm. Forex has the bid/ask spread as well as cryptocurrencies, even though cryptocurrency's spread is much larger  Embarrassed

About shitcoins, I don't hold until they become profitable, I'm willing to sell at a loss, no hard feelings.
hakuna

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:33:55 PM

If you are good at trading, making 1 BTC should not be complicated.
Good luck!

aldrian09

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:41:22 PM

Its not impossible for you to reach that goal you have since you are already a trader but with the market these days I think it will be hard to get that target for only 6 months. Altcoins keeps on dumping as bitcoin goes up but let's see if you can make it. I am going to follow your journey with your crypto trade.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 01:47:53 PM

It is possible but you need to secure atleast few % profit every day also you have consider trading fee because if you will buy/sell for just 1% or less than that profit you will actually loss on trading fees.

Main problem with short term trading with really small amount is that you might get stucked with some coin bought at peak prices and you will not have any remaining funds to start trading again and keep those shitcoins there till there will be another pump.

Regarding fees, they are considered in my trading algorithm. Forex has the bid/ask spread as well as cryptocurrencies, even though cryptocurrency's spread is much larger  Embarrassed

About shitcoins, I don't hold until they become profitable, I'm willing to sell at a loss, no hard feelings.

you'd find it easy on forex as you can earn while shorting. one way to profit in crypto while on the right cue is to watch which coin is being pumped and most of these coins are on yobit.net.  or you can simply watch the coinmarketcap and see which reputable token has the current status of red % and then invest to it and then sell the next day.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ybcuongdz1

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:31:11 PM

haha. thanks you so much ! it had help me
N0ssi

Activity: 98

https://boscoin.io

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:44:52 PM

Good signal from GRS Groestlcoin. Roadmap is about to be published in the upcoming days. Current price only 7800 sats each.

Sweet_Angel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:28:34 PM

Sounds good that you have a target in trading. I am newbie in trading and would like to learning.  

The keys to success in trader is :
1. No panic and do not open the order without calculation
2. It is impossible to know for sure everything, better to be anticipated
3. To have humility and think more before making a decision
4. To be patient in trading
5. To discipline yourself and have a trading plan that should not be violated
6. To remember that the trading market is neutral and if you do not forget about it you will be free to make trading decisions without fear of making mistakes.
Zzzetor

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:48:47 PM

I'm on the market to keep my position from a few hours to a few days, so the coin can also go down to hell, the important is that it makes some corrections and that I catch those corrections.

That's probably true, but wouldn't you feel more safe if there would be a bright future for the coin? In that rare case that you would fail predicting the correction. Or you never fail?
jenni161

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:59:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments and your support.

This is actually cool. Hitting 1BTC with 0.1BTC in ,6 months is very much possible, though difficult.
You're using 'Day trading' approach, what if you buy a coin today and it goes down the next day, will you sell it and buy another new set of coins for the day.

If a coin goes down during the day, I have many options. The first one that I try is "averaging down" my position. This is a common procedure for hedge funds that hold long-term investments, but it is usually a death sentence for day-trading.
Averaging down the position means that if you have 100 digibyte at 130 and then the price goes to 120, you can buy other 100 digibyte so your break even point will move from 130 to 125.
Since I usually open my trades with a very small risk, I can use this strategy as first attempt to recover a loss.
I can also try other strategies, but if nothing works and the price continues to go down, it is time to close the trade and go on. You can't win 100% of times, sometimes you need to let it go, it's part of the game.

I started yesterday morning and currently my balance is 0.0354 -> 0.0369

I plan not to sell cheaper no matter what but we'll see if my strategy proofs to be stupid...
berluscoin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:59:48 PM

I'm on the market to keep my position from a few hours to a few days, so the coin can also go down to hell, the important is that it makes some corrections and that I catch those corrections.

That's probably true, but wouldn't you feel more safe if there would be a bright future for the coin? In that rare case that you would fail predicting the correction. Or you never fail?

Of course I can lose, but I don't feel better to have a strong coin rather than a shitty one in the short-term. For example, we can agree that bitcoin is the best one at the moment. If I had a position at $7500 and then I wake up and the price is $6000, I would let it go. I'm not holding for days/weeks/months a coin just because it has the potential to recover the loss. It might recover the loss, but meanwhile, with that amount that is trapped in that position, I miss a lot of opportunities. So I'd accept the loss and boom, next one please  Grin
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:01:11 PM

It seems that OP total BTc allocation is dying, i see you might have been accumulating good amount in USd or alts but your total BTC allocation will start dying out soon.
Zzzetor

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:15:03 PM

It seems that OP total BTc allocation is dying, i see you might have been accumulating good amount in USd or alts but your total BTC allocation will start dying out soon.

Why is that?? (Sorry if I'm asking stupid guestions, but I'm just trying to understand this trading thing.)
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:20:40 PM

Why is that?? (Sorry if I'm asking stupid guestions, but I'm just trying to understand this trading thing.)
Don't worry you are not asking any stupid questions here.
What i meant to say to OP that he started with 0.1 BTC and has been now at BTC = 0.09570261 (+0.00028338; +0.30%) , but still he lags in his initial value. if he would had simply kept the btc then he could had more money than now.
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:53:16 AM

What i meant to say to OP that he started with 0.1 BTC and has been now at BTC = 0.09570261 (+0.00028338; +0.30%) , but still he lags in his initial value. if he would had simply kept the btc then he could had more money than now.
No, you are wrong. OP didn't started with 0.1 btc but he started a bit less than that (0.094+ btc).

BTC = 0.09417672 (+0.00024388; +0.26%)

Op also has small btc as invesment, but he doesn't add that on his daily invesment stats.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
berluscoin (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:17:28 AM

Actually my initial amount was 0.09393284, but I didn't want to start the thread with "from 0.09393284 to 1BTC" Wink

BTC = 0.09611166 (+0.00040905; +0.43%)

Today's trades:
GRS 7250
SYS 3400
BCC 18600000
alexXx9

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:04:48 PM

Just to know, what do you think about forex? is that market similar to crytpcurrency??

i'm wondering what capitals you need to live just with forex, i seen that the average volatility of forex is about 1/3% daily, so, i guess you have a  biiiiig amount of money for live with forex....

i'm a nOOb in trading, just asking Smiley

This volatility in cryptocurrency is a mine of gold, how long did you think that this funny games will continue to be like that?
chillcool

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:13:10 PM

Forget about forex. Telling you like person who spend more than 2 000$. Read in the internet how they work and how they cheat.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: