Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 47627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:56:04 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 10:27:46 AM by fonzerrellie

As for VeriCoin staking, what would be the minimum staking amount to make an Okay profit? (As an extra note, I have 200-ish Vericoin laying around)

VRC is % based everyone gets their equal share and everyone eventually finds a block,  just a matter of time.

1 of the few % based projects I support since they came up with the binary chain concept, which helps secure the VRC blockchain as staking networks on % based proof of stakes are far less competitive (I only open my wallet every month or so to collect stake)

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:15:35 AM

following
overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:22:51 AM

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong, but is VRM due to release an application that allows for mobile mining to a pool? And when I say due, I mean, is it going to come out in December?

Also....

great long term project, I'm glad to be aboard  Grin   Mining on the Poolium pool is super stable.

If your PC is running 24/7 anyways you might as well earn some crypto for it and help support a great project

.... don't hate me but I've never mined a cryptocurrency before and I think I'm going to take the plunge with VRM on my computer tomorrow night. Can someone enlighten me though, is it difficult to set up? Is there a (newbie-friendly) mining guide?

But I'm definitely more curious about the mobile mining application?
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:53:31 AM

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong, but is VRM due to release an application that allows for mobile mining to a pool? And when I say due, I mean, is it going to come out in December?

Also....

great long term project, I'm glad to be aboard  Grin   Mining on the Poolium pool is super stable.

If your PC is running 24/7 anyways you might as well earn some crypto for it and help support a great project

.... don't hate me but I've never mined a cryptocurrency before and I think I'm going to take the plunge with VRM on my computer tomorrow night. Can someone enlighten me though, is it difficult to set up? Is there a (newbie-friendly) mining guide?

Of all the 1200+ coins created verium is the easiest to start solo mining. Just download verium vault, open it. The you can choose amount of cores and click start Smiley do note it will take a long time to find block solo. Pool mining is like other coins, and the pools have help section.
jds1119

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:31:23 AM

Is the rapper guy no longer part of the project, that wouldnt be veri veri good
sereupin

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:32:35 PM

Hi,

My Verium wallet syncs as i always has. But i downloaded vericoin wallet now and i got error when it tried to download conf etc from your website.

Got 0 connections so cant sync the whole chain manually either.
Could you share a .conf file (official)? Thank you Smiley

I uptedated the Vericoin wallet to 1.7 but still "Waiting for a new network connection"

Did you solve this problem? How?

thanks
Ginzink

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:58:54 AM

Hi,

My Verium wallet syncs as i always has. But i downloaded vericoin wallet now and i got error when it tried to download conf etc from your website.

I uptedated the Vericoin wallet to 1.7 but still "Waiting for a new network connection"

thanks

Hi,

No unfortunately not. I think the community manager need to start being more active here.
bilbro_baggins

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:52:34 AM

Hi,

thanks

Go to the "File" menu, click on "Reload Blockchain". Select the checkbox next to "Install new vericoin.conf file?" then click Next (or Download if you haven't bootstrapped yet, this will speed up sync time). After it's done restart the wallet, then you should get connections.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

Also....

Of all the 1200+ coins created verium is the easiest to start solo mining. Just download verium vault, open it. The you can choose amount of cores and click start Smiley do note it will take a long time to find block solo. Pool mining is like other coins, and the pools have help section.

yes solo mining is super easy from the wallet. figuring out the miner that you find on any pools help section is worth figuring out though, it's more consistent and if you get it, it'll be easier to learn other coins. youtube helped me with mining

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Botixx

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:44:55 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem.

A member of my family formatted the computer I was staking Vericoin on. I only have a passphrase and the public key.

Is there a way to restore by looking for a wallet.dat and starting from there.

Thanks in advance
kim-yon

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:58:42 AM

Presentation and designs are very good. I went to my favor as an idea.  Vericoin experience.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 09:27:57 PM

Hi,

thanks

file->reload blockchain and check download new vericoin.conf file
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:41:44 AM

Also....

yes solo mining is super easy from the wallet. figuring out the miner that you find on any pools help section is worth figuring out though, it's more consistent and if you get it, it'll be easier to learn other coins. youtube helped me with mining
This is cpu-mined coin, am I right?
What kind of processor I need to get a block at least few times a week?
I am going to build a game-pc but I thought it could "work" Wink when I'm AFK ;>

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:23:43 PM

Vericoin and Verium are genious invention, but need to be marketed more widely. People can stake VRC on their phone (when tech is ready) and mine them at home with PC or MAC. The software works smoothly, looks good and is easy to use (rare in crypto). It's a pleasure hodling these two coins.

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
greenberg

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:31:56 AM

hey all, I've got a mini test rig running an xu4 (linux ubuntu 16.04) with the wallet v1.1.0.0 and miner running on same machine. will be deploying more miner into the rig once it seems to be functioning proper

couple questions if one may be so kind to answer:
1) when running ./verium getmininginfo hash rate shows 0 as does est. block. im assuming this should have some sort of tie to the hash rate running on the miner.
which leads to a sub question of 1: if assumption is correct would i see the total hash rate of all miners in rig?

2) in same screen - what is currentblocktx and pooledtx referring to?

3) if a block is found, is there an indication or is it just shown in balance and or new mint under ./veriumd getinfo?

thanks to anyone who can take the time to explain, it would be greatly appreciated.

-welcome to the machine...
Ginzink

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:02:10 PM

Vericoin and Verium are genious invention, but need to be marketed more widely. People can stake VRC on their phone (when tech is ready) and mine them at home with PC or MAC. The software works smoothly, looks good and is easy to use (rare in crypto). It's a pleasure hodling these two coins.

Yeah this is the hidden gem im waiting for getting known to the masses Smiley
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:23:24 AM

But what exactly are the technological implications of this? Is this a platform with a currency, is it designed to operate as a currency only such as Litecoin? I checked this project about 4 months ago for the first time and I find it interesting, something I believe Soferox launched an ICO for. But I'm not tech savy and all this announcement isn't making me any wiser on what exactly is being developed? Will this be applicable to other chains? I'm looking hard to find something here that I'm missing. Can someone guide me?

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

But what exactly are the technological implications of this? Is this a platform with a currency, is it designed to operate as a currency only such as Litecoin? I checked this project about 4 months ago for the first time and I find it interesting, something I believe Soferox launched an ICO for. But I'm not tech savy and all this announcement isn't making me any wiser on what exactly is being developed? Will this be applicable to other chains? I'm looking hard to find something here that I'm missing. Can someone guide me?

Like most crypto projects, I think the ultimate utilization of verium/vericoin's unique features will probably play out in ways not yet envisioned.  But there are some things that I can envision already, and maybe I can explain it better if I apply those ideas to an alternate reality where bitcoin core and bitcoin cash joined forces instead of going to war.  (Warning: possible plasphemy ahead for btc maximalists  Wink)

As we know, the BTC core community has moved away from the idea of providing on-chain scaling, emphasizing "store of value" aspects and the idea of digital gold.  The response is BCH, which has a community trying to operate it as p2p digital cash, with super low fees but still on-chain.  That will be difficult (maybe impossible) if they stay proof-of-work.

So imagine if BCH instead of trying to steal BTC hash power moved to proof-of-stake for the lowest fees possible.  This would have less security than BTC blockchain but would have much lower transaction fees than BTC.  In this scenario, BTC and BCH decide to work together on a single wallet (like the Gemini wallet coming for verium/vericoin) and institute auxiliary proof-of-work mining connecting both chains.  This binary chain wallet would allow someone to send BCH cheaply for every day purchases, while also having BTC as an extremely secure place to deposit funds for the medium to long term, and for large transactions.  Also, BTC could continue to work on 2nd layer solutions while joined in this binary chain. It would seem to be the best of both worlds. The proof-of-stake side gets additional security from the binary chain while retaining low fee txs, and the proof-of-work side gets an easy way to withdraw funds into a cash like system for every day use: BTC digital gold + BCH digital cash.

You could even have competition between 2nd layer low fee solutions on the BTC chain versus BCH transactions.  This would fuel innovation while both communities are synergistically working together in the same system.

Now with verium & vericoin we will have something that can create the above vision from the ground up, with a specific algorithm in verium to retain decentralization through CPU mining. I think this project has so many unique things about it, that the road map can only be used as a rough guide for how it will impact cryptocurrencies.

Long story short, I believe this project is ripe for a black swan event.

CageKennylz

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:06:46 PM

Like most crypto projects, I think the ultimate utilization of verium/vericoin's unique features will probably play out in ways not yet envisioned.  But there are some things that I can envision already, and maybe I can explain it better if I apply those ideas to an alternate reality where bitcoin core and bitcoin cash joined forces instead of going to war.  (Warning: possible plasphemy ahead for btc maximalists  Wink)

As we know, the BTC core community has moved away from the idea of providing on-chain scaling, emphasizing "store of value" aspects and the idea of digital gold.  The response is BCH, which has a community trying to operate it as p2p digital cash, with super low fees but still on-chain.  That will be difficult (maybe impossible) if they stay proof-of-work.

So imagine if BCH instead of trying to steal BTC hash power moved to proof-of-stake for the lowest fees possible.  This would have less security than BTC blockchain but would have much lower transaction fees than BTC.  In this scenario, BTC and BCH decide to work together on a single wallet (like the Gemini wallet coming for verium/vericoin) and institute auxiliary proof-of-work mining connecting both chains.  This binary chain wallet would allow someone to send BCH cheaply for every day purchases, while also having BTC as an extremely secure place to deposit funds for the medium to long term, and for large transactions.  Also, BTC could continue to work on 2nd layer solutions while joined in this binary chain. It would seem to be the best of both worlds. The proof-of-stake side gets additional security from the binary chain while retaining low fee txs, and the proof-of-work side gets an easy way to withdraw funds into a cash like system for every day use: BTC digital gold + BCH digital cash.

You could even have competition between 2nd layer low fee solutions on the BTC chain versus BCH transactions.  This would fuel innovation while both communities are synergistically working together in the same system.

Now with verium & vericoin we will have something that can create the above vision from the ground up, with a specific algorithm in verium to retain decentralization through CPU mining. I think this project has so many unique things about it, that the road map can only be used as a rough guide for how it will impact cryptocurrencies.

Long story short, I believe this project is ripe for a black swan event.

You make a good case. I agree with all you said, Vericoin will shoot up very soon, just wish the development would speed up!
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:37:33 PM

The project is really innovative and that's a nice idea. But you are talking about "more security". What does that exactly mean? More security compared to what coin? How is it exactly implemented?

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: