Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 243 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : now with added CLAMs : Play or Invest  (Read 454559 times)
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:25:33 AM

My longest loss streak has been 35. Sucks for me...

35 at what percentage chance to win?  Surely not 49.5%?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:28:32 AM

What's your point?

Two events are 'mutually exclusive' if they cannot occur at the same time. An example is tossing a coin once, which can result in either heads or tails, but not both.

In the coin-tossing example, both outcomes are collectively exhaustive, which means that at least one of the outcomes must happen, so these two possibilities together exhaust all the possibilities. However, not all mutually exclusive events are collectively exhaustive. For example, the outcomes 1 and 4 of a single roll of a six-sided die are mutually exclusive (cannot both happen) but not collectively exhaustive (there are other possible outcomes; 2,3,5,6).

In logic, two mutually exclusive propositions are propositions that logically cannot be true at the same time. Another term for mutually exclusive is "disjoint". To say that more than two propositions are mutually exclusive, depending on context, means that one cannot be true if the other one is true, or at least one of them cannot be true. The term pairwise mutually exclusive always means two of them cannot be true simultaneously.

OK, thanks for the definition of "mutually exclusive" but that doesn't answer my question.

What's your point?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:53:55 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 05:15:43 AM by Dabs

True, though the delay only about 1 second below that.  Hopefully the server can be optimized and eventually those delays for bets less than .0001 reduced.

The delay is up to 3 seconds. Prior to the recent update, it was as high as 6 seconds.

OK, thanks for the definition of "mutually exclusive" but that doesn't answer my question.

What's your point?

While I can't (and no one can) predict with any certainty the future rolls without knowing the server seed, we can estimate with high probability, the future rolls, in terms of how often certain events occur, particularly the consecutive wins or losses.

That's not really the point, that's just a simplified view of things, and it just merely agrees with the Gambler's Fallacy, which many believe to be just that, a fallacy; therefore it can not be true.

But more to the point is that the lucky numbers are not truly random, they are determined. Yes, they are unpredictable. That is also why pseudorandom number generators (PRNG) are also known as deterministic random bit generators (DRBG).

In practice, the output from many common PRNGs exhibit artifacts which cause them to fail statistical pattern detection tests. These include:

Shorter than expected periods for some seed states (such seed states may be called 'weak' in this context);
    Lack of uniformity of distribution for large amounts of generated numbers;
    Correlation of successive values;
    Poor dimensional distribution of the output sequence;
    The distances between where certain values occur are distributed differently from those in a random sequence distribution.

Whether or not my "magic seeds" are one of those "weak" seeds is not known at this point. Or I'm just lucky? I think the output using the current set up is actually uniformly distributed.

But wikipedia has this to say about the particular generation method of making lucky numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographically_secure_pseudorandom_number_generator
A cryptographically secure hash of a counter might also act as a good CSPRNG in some cases. In this case, it is also necessary that the initial value of this counter is random and secret. However, there has been little study of these algorithms for use in this manner, and at least some authors warn against this use.

Yours, (JD), as well as CR and PD and maybe other gambling sites will be the first to extensively (or exclusively) use this in a "real" application (as far as real as we are concerned with bitcoins anyway).

But, this is all gambling. The site is gambling that they get their 1%. The gamblers are gambling that they win double their money back or nothing, or whatever chance to play they choose.

In the end, we can't really know or prove anything: whales can come and upset the whole operation in 30 seconds. Little fish can and will martingale and not go bust for a long time. Both do not prove anything.

I say, it's all magic and voodoo. Or faith... science nor math can prove the existence of deities, you just have to take that leap. There is a god of gambling. Or a goddess of dice. I dunno.

So, yah, maybe I don't know anything and maybe I don't have a point. But I like playing. Smiley The solution to the delay issue is and should be temporary. You need a better solution to that problem. (Server side martingale might be one of them.)

Menelik

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:35:51 AM

My longest loss streak has been 35. Sucks for me...

35 at what percentage chance to win?  Surely not 49.5%?

Nope. ~16.5%. It's been a roller coaster ride for me all day (and some of the night.)
stephwen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:58:27 AM

I find it fascinating how Dabs is able to write so much and at the same time say so little.  Cheesy
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:37:02 AM

Is it possible to brute-force the secret server seed, given the client seed + past lucky numbers?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:40:51 AM

Is it possible to brute-force the secret server seed, given the client seed + past lucky numbers?

Theoretically possible? Yes. Applicable in practice? No. There are too many calculations that need to be made.
infested999

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:03:12 PM

If I have bankroll of 0.512 btc and I martingale with min bet 0.001 with the only purpose of doubling that 0.512:

Chance to double: 45.315736365781955072%
Chance to lose all: 54.684263634218044928%

Correct?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 03:31:41 PM

Some more explanations of gambling probability part 2: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2013/07/144-some-notes-about-just-dicecom.html

Hope you find it interesting - post any questions about it that you might have.

4. Summary

* The average number of loss runs until the next expected number of losses in a row.

* The average number of loss runs until the next n losses in a row.

* The average number of loss runs until the next greater than n of losses in a row.

This and the handy table of values should be enough to get you started. However wouldn't it be better to condition the average number of loss runs on probability rather than n runs? That way you wouldn't have to calculate which n is sufficiently unlikely, and allow you to set a limit of, for example, a 1% probability loss run? That and more next time.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:40:11 PM

I find it fascinating how Dabs is able to write so much and at the same time say so little.  Cheesy

I have magic seeds? I think I know one reason why. I was born in the year of the Golden Dragon. Now, I'm not Chinese, but my Chinese friends say that is good luck. Also, my first born son was born last year, and that was the year of the Black Water Dragon. So I've got two dragons in my family.

We will carry the magic seeds far and wide, to profit all the way up to the sky, and as far as you can see on the horizon.

Theoretically possible? Yes. Applicable in practice? No. There are too many calculations that need to be made.

The answer involves the age of the universe. Even if you had every atom in the Sun working as a computer, it will still take the age of the universe (about 4 billion years) to get to less than a small percentage of the server seed key space. You're better off just applying some pixie dust and chanting to the Goddess of Dice for good fortune. That works better and produces less head aches.

If I have bankroll of 0.512 btc and I martingale with min bet 0.001 with the only purpose of doubling that 0.512:

Correct?

I didn't quite answer this in the chat, but to double 0.512 means you will take it to 1.024. Which means you have to win at least 512 times. Since you will lose half the time on 50%, you need to play approximately twice as many rolls. However, with a bank roll of only 512, you can only lose 9 consecutive times in a row, which happens once every 512 rolls.

Now, if you do it Dabs style playing at 87.7779%, you start betting at 0.00000849, but due to the dust delaying tactics, it's going to take you at least a couple of weeks to do the half million rolls required. You can speed it up a bit, by recomputing from your balance at key points in time, to effectively compound your profits.

If you don't have the time, or patience, or fortitude, or perseverance, or stubbornness to do that, you can send your coins to me and I'll double it for you in about 2 weeks. (This is the DIGS or Dabs Investment Gambling Security.) The advantage I hold, aside from the magic seeds, are that my initial bets no longer get any delays for being above the dust levels.

However, due to internet latency, I still bet only about 2 rolls per second; and I'm not online the whole day, just when I'm at home or at the office.

Some more explanations of gambling probability part 2: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2013/07/144-some-notes-about-just-dicecom.html

I have a question. Can you put those equations into a formula I can easily paste into a spreadsheet? (like excel, or open office). I'm an admitted math fail, and those formulas that require pictures to show, have too many greek letters (or none?)

Thanks.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 03:47:25 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 10:14:28 PM by organofcorti

I have a question. Can you put those equations into a formula I can easily paste into a spreadsheet? (like excel, or open office). I'm an admitted math fail, and those formulas that require pictures to show, have too many greek letters (or none?)

Thanks.

It's all explained in the blog post, however if p = the probability to win a game (the game percentage / 100 ) and n=number of losses in a row, then:

* The average number of loss runs until the next expected number of losses in a row: (1-p)^(1-1/p)/p

* The average number of loss runs until the next n losses in a row: ((1 - p)^-n)/p

* The average number of loss runs until the next greater than n run of losses in a row: (1 - p)^-(n+1)

That should work for you.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:05:00 PM

Correct?

Let's say you lose it all if you ever get 9 losses in a row (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256).  This isn't quite true, because even if your first 9 bets are all losses you still have 0.001 left, and if you've won some sequences before your 9 losses you'll have even more left.

And you double if you have 512 successful sequences before you hit 9 losses in a row.

I assume you're playing the 49.5% 2x game, and so your probability of hitting 9 losses in a row is 0.505**9
So your probability of any single sequence being successful is (1 - 0.505**9).
And your probability of having 512 successful sequences in a row is (1 - 0.505**9) ** 512

That's 0.3345881014449683, or about 1 in 3.

I wonder why we differ so much.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:51:02 PM

If you don't have the time, or patience, or fortitude, or perseverance, or stubbornness to do that, you can send your coins to me and I'll double it for you in about 2 weeks. (This is the DIGS or Dabs Investment Gambling Security.) The advantage I hold, aside from the magic seeds, are that my initial bets no longer get any delays for being above the dust levels.

You should be careful saying things like "I will double it for you" when it's quite possible that what you will really do is lose it all.  I just saw you bet and lose over 10 BTC in a single bet.  I don't know how big your 'DIGS' fund is, but I suspect that loss may have killed it.  It certainly wiped out any gains you made over your previous 1.4 million dust bets.

Beware of offering fixed returns, especially when those returns are made by gambling.  Gambling tends to be a gamble...

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
infested999

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:35:57 PM

Doubling Bitcoins PM me

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 06:38:19 PM

yes i can give you 1 bitcoin so you can double it 4000 times - than we do 50 / 50 :-)
infested999

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:40:57 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 11:20:51 AM by infested999

yes i can give you 1 bitcoin so you can double it 4000 times - than we do 50 / 50 :-)

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:18:35 PM

Honorable People: dooglus | iAndroid | usagi | MattFoster42 | zeroday | MysteryMiner | pirateat40 | Vladimir

I just noticed your signature.  While I enjoy being listed a "honorable", I'm not sure being in the same list as pirateat40 is good for anyone.  Is your list meant ironically?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
peapodamus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:23:20 PM

JD is so evil, LOL! I somehow gamble away everything I make there xD
Great site, doog!
infested999

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:35:57 PM

Honorable People: dooglus | iAndroid | usagi | MattFoster42 | zeroday | MysteryMiner | pirateat40 | Vladimir

I just noticed your signature.  While I enjoy being listed a "honorable", I'm not sure being in the same list as pirateat40 is good for anyone.  Is your list meant ironically?

I meant the pirateat40 that was in the Just-Dice chat. Remember?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 07:49:55 PM

I meant the pirateat40 that was in the Just-Dice chat. Remember?
That's gonna cause a problem for people who were here a year ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 243 »
  Print  

Jump to: