Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:40:21 AM

Crypto Bridge Exchange reached back out to me and wants to list us!

Discord Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/7ntpqmt

CoinMarketCap: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptobridge/

They have a ton of Masternode coins on their exchange:
Pure, ALQO, SmartCash, MedicCoin, Polis, Bulwark, ColussusXT, Qbic, Rupaya, Shekel, DASH, Phore, Crown, etc

===

I created a proposal to vote on whether we should move forward on getting listed with them
and if we should use our saved funds to pay the 1 BTC listing fee

Proposal - Crypto Bridge Exchange Listing
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=179

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomotao52

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:23:20 AM

I don't believe jaapgvk sold his personal Sanctuary coins and left. I believe he was selling coins that he got in the last monthly superblock budget to save up for exchange listing fees.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:34:04 AM

I don't believe jaapgvk sold his personal Sanctuary coins and left. I believe he was selling coins that he got in the last monthly superblock budget to save up for exchange listing fees.

Correct, the BiblePay coins Jaap has been publicly selling are to save for future exchange listing fees,
they are funds he got from proposals for this purpose,
can read about it in this BiblePay forum thread: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=97.0

Dimarzio123

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:57:38 AM

https://cosmoscoin.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/cryptobridge.png

Crypto Bridge Exchange reached back out to me and wants to list us!

Discord Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/7ntpqmt

CoinMarketCap: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptobridge/

They have a ton of Masternode coins on their exchange:
Pure, ALQO, SmartCash, MedicCoin, Polis, Bulwark, ColussusXT, Qbic, Rupaya, Shekel, DASH, Phore, Crown, etc

===

I created a proposal to vote on whether we should move forward on getting listed with them
and if we should use our saved funds to pay the 1 BTC listing fee

Proposal - Crypto Bridge Exchange Listing
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=179

Cryptobridge would be a huge step forward
Tx for your hard work

PM
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

Cryptobridge, my 2 cents:

I was sceptical at first simply because the volume is just OK (although more than we have now). But then I checked their roadmap!

In the next few months they are planning to add support for:

Etherium
ERC 20 tokens (Huge market)
Omni tokens (Including USDT!)
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I am amazed that they are doing ~2 million USD worth of daily volume without all of these coins (especially Etherium + ERC20 support). In my opinion, they will at least double their volume in the next few months. Probably closer to 5x I am guessing.

And who knows from there.

I think getting listed on there now is a great idea. I am not sure how easy the exchange will be to use for non-technically minded people. So we should still keep trying to get on other exchanges that are more easy to use (NextExchange, I am still hoping for).
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:43:56 PM

I was sceptical at first simply because the volume is just OK (although more than we have now). But then I checked their roadmap!

Etherium
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I am amazed that they are doing ~2 million USD worth of daily volume without all of these coins (especially Etherium + ERC20 support). In my opinion, they will at least double their volume in the next few months. Probably closer to 5x I am guessing.

I think getting listed on there now is a great idea. I am not sure how easy the exchange will be to use for non-technically minded people. So we should still keep trying to get on other exchanges that are more easy to use (NextExchange, I am still hoping for).

My issue with cryptobridge is the crazy fees for most coins.  I think this is managed by the individual coin nodes/owners.  I think I have some funds stuck in there because I cannot afford to withdraw, hopefully this gets better.
Dimarzio123

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

Etherium
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I set up an account on cryptobridge - very quick and easy - because no FIAT involved
I have used it to exchange XVG and XSH to BTC - very fast and efficient  - sending and withdrawals also fast
They generate a long PW - dont lose it as they say cannot be recovered
PM
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

Rob,

I talked to Compassion yesterday but I could not confirm the number of sponsorships due to privacy issues. Would you be willing to give them a call and ask them to add a note on the account that you allow general sponsorship data inquiries? This is what they suggested for the public to make inquiries. Thanks.

- Mike

m4tsby

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:12:29 PM

CryptoBridge is literally eons better in every manner of speaking than CCEX.
I am thrilled to hear this; it will be & remain a top DEX.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:30:50 PM

Etherium
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I start using Crypto-Bridge a couple months ago, and it is more and more quickly becoming my go-to exchange. I like the exchange being decentralized, I think that will become a lot more popular as crypto becomes more and more mainstream. And personally, I don't think the exchange is any more complicated than the average exchange.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:12:59 PM

Hi everyone Smiley

Just to avoid any confusion: I have not sold any of my personal BBP. I am committed to this project. It's just the BBP for the New Exchange Fund. I had a 1.5+M BBP sell order for 0.00000038 BTC/BBP on C-cex for the past week. Most of the BBP have been sold by now. We have about 1 BTC in the fund now. You can follow the funds here:

https://blockchain.info/address/3AojspQgpSSDdPJJANj4UtSBFUZy8YdduT

Currently there is 0.45 BTC on there from the first round, and the 100 euro worth of BBP I sold to Dimarzio123. Btw, If anyone want's to buy BBP directly via SEPA/IBAN, just let me know and I'll arrange it Smiley

There is still about 0.5 BTC on c-cex from the second round, so it's not really accountable as of yet, but it will be as soon as I sell the remainder of the BBP from this round (about 150K).

Sorry for the lack of communication, I was on a well deserved hiking-trip with my girlfriend for the past week.

Also: I vote in favor of CryptoBridge, since they are decentralized and have a huge potential. I really hope that 2018 will become the year of decentralized exchanges Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:31:46 PM

I definitely don't want to be accused of FUD here, but I want to encourage everyone to consider doing some trading on C-CEX this week.
Since they have the 30-day volume threshold, and we currently have a pretty small base, this is something we need to watch closely. To stay listed, we need to maintain a 30-day average of 0.5 BTC/day.

On the .5 btc volume day delist -Ccex has given Biblepay an exclusive position, it will not be delisted due to volume or other because of it's charitable goal. However, I wouldnt be caught dead holding more than 1 btc on ccex, it has had some trust hiccups in the past.

Coinexchange will be a good bump to volume as the trollbox there is more accessible than ccex.

Do keep trading the orderbook however, I will continue to scoop the easy profits from impatient people. Selling 1m+ on one orderbook slot isnt adviseable for any coin but especially masternode coins as tailing the orders to meet demand and only selling what your node puts out are the game. Take a look at more mature masternode coins, they have less volume daily than erc useless tokens and rarely do people put up an entire node in one slot as they are mostly in nodes and being staked.(generally sellers who do this lose over time).

To those who would devote energy to shilling: 4chan and reddit, invading other coins subreddits and namedropping works well. The greed money and trolls are not of the same face as the goal of biblepay - on 4chan atleast.

I discovered this coin pre launch from a lone post on 4chan. Titled: "Is this the next moon mission?" This is where speculative gamblers are early birds.
My only regret is not buying more. Bitcoin was around 3k per then and BBP did nothing but go up the entire way up to 19k BTC.

Posting there will attract people who will engage in trolling or negative community behavior, but this is where a substantial portion of market traders observe shilling.

I agree with shilling on 4chan and reddit. The first time I heard about BiblePay was on 4chan actually. Although places like 4chan might seem like a gathering of the filth of the earth at first sight, a lot of well-meaning (and/or lost) people can be found there.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:38:11 PM

Suggestion: I think we could list BiblePay on the new decentralized exchange https://crypto-bridge.org/. The good thing is that they are already live and they are getting traction very fast, they already have more volume than C-CEX had, and they are actively listing coins right now. It costs 0.5 BTC and they do it in 2-4 days. I followed some coins which applied there and it's true, they listed them quickly. Also, I think it's not expensive compared to other options (about $5,000 now), especially when you take into account the decentralized nature of it, that is, which benefits that brings (which you can read more about on their website).

CMC info:
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/cryptobridge/

Example trade page (BTC/LTC pair):
https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.LTC_BRIDGE.BTC
(this is their browser version of the exchange, you can also download a desktop application which is recommended)

Form to request a coin listing:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvq_sKqLGDFtHT8xB_a5yHLVz69ljJ_0Utk8V5Qs_LZVfUBg/viewform

As far as I understand how it works, you are still in control of the deposit address to which you send the coins, the coins are still yours and that address is yours (generated locally by you), just a different one which is tied to the exchange platform.

And here is something I analyzed (which might or might not be relevant Tongue): from the current coins listed on Crypto Bridge, there are a lot of masternode coins. So I think by listing on this exchange we can attract masternode investors, because it will be much easier for them to buy BBP on the same exchange where they buy other MN coins, so that could potentially drive the price up faster than on a different exchange of similar volume.

So if we can pay for this from the next budget, I can offer to pay the 0.5 BTC fee immediately and be reimbursed later in BBP. Or if somebody wants to help too, they are more than welcome to chip in for the fee.

Crypto Bridge is gaining momentum very fast and based on some sources I follow, I predict it will be a very popular exchange soon, so it will also be great for people to discover BiblePay there while trading other coins. Also, I used it and it's the best experience I've ever had, everything is very fast and very slick. Some people on Twitter have even started saying something like "Once you go DEX, you never go back (to centralized exchanges)". Smiley

I thought I would regret badly that back then I lacked the initiative to send them the 0.5 BTC by myself, especially when they later said that they will keep the listing fee at 0.5 BTC for everyone who contacted them about the listing prior to the fee increase, which unfortunately we didn't.

However, I am consoled by the fact that 0.5 BTC was $6,000 back then, and 1 BTC is $8,000 now. Grin
Drachmadev

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:12:30 PM

haha i never thought biblepay was going to keep going for this long
tmike

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:36:20 PM

I talked to Compassion yesterday but I could not confirm the number of sponsorships due to privacy issues. Would you be willing to give them a call and ask them to add a note on the account that you allow general sponsorship data inquiries? This is what they suggested for the public to make inquiries.
Can't you go the Accountability tab in the QT wallet and look at the PDF file? It clearly shows the number of sponsorships for a given month. The term "orphans" for Compassion.com is not accurate since their origins may have helped orphans, but now it is children in poor families. It wouldn't be hard as a wiki entry to tally up the count yourself and see how it changes per month on Compassion.com

Now there are two other charities... they should be tracked as well
for numbers and contribution dollar wise.

I like looking at information from the source. Anything that is typed, printed, scanned or copied can be modified.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:55:15 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 09:36:44 PM by dave_bbp

I have a question regarding WCG. Since R@H still doesn't work properly on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS I created a WCG account under the exact same e-mail address I use for Rosetta. Unfortunately the CPID for WCG does NOT match my current CPID.

If you want the Rosetta@Home CPID (the older CPID) to transfer to the WCG CPID, you have to run both projects on BOINC. This way, they know that the older CPID should apply to the WCG. Usually, it only takes a few hours for the update to occur. This is from the BOINC GUI, I'm not sure if the boinccmd (command line version on Linux) knows if other project's CPID should be changed.

Thx, that's what I'm currently doing right now, let's see how things work out. Wink
Additionally I copied my desired CPID to the "external_cpid" field in client_state.xml (as described here: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@dutch/the-definitive-guide-to-fixing-a-split-cpid-gridcoin-s-and-boinc-s-1-problem). Not sure if this is gonna help^^.

On a completely unrelated note: I think someone found a way to crunch Rosetta tasks with GPUs. This user: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/hosts_user.php?sort=expavg_credit&rev=0&show_all=0&userid=1994560 has machines with completely ridiculous CPUs but sporting 6 AMD cards. His best machine is currently at a whopping 19k RAC, which most certainly does not hail from the single Celeron G1620.  Cool

I read that split cpids article but I think they overcomplicated the issue.  (Ive had a lot of servers in the past running various boinc projects and sold a lot of these) and it all really boils down to correcting the e-mail address and worst case scenario:  Running RAH first, unmounting WCG and re-mounting WCG.  Ive never seen the need to actually edit the XML file, wcg does the heavy lifting in the background.

Well, I tried various things (updating projects, unmouting/mounting WCG, changing user name to the exact same, connecting to WCG on a second machine and solving some jobs there (while simultaneously running RAH) but after more than a day WCG has not changed my CPID (yet). Anything else I could try? Or should I maybe just wait another day?
I just checked the email hash; it's the same for both projects...

Edit: Ah well, so now I tried REMOVING RAH from the machine where I attached WCG, then updating WCG. As a result this has now correctly inserted my desired CPID into the field "external_cpid" in the XML file. Now I will wait until this also shows up on the WCG web page/profile; on the other machine the "external_cpid" is still empty...
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

Can't you go the Accountability tab in the QT wallet and look at the PDF file? ...
I like looking at information from the source. Anything that is typed, printed, scanned or copied can be modified.

have donations to charities be formalized via bbp foundation so it is easier to be transparent without privacy concerns.  I'm satisfied with the current documentation... Are you concerned? Or you just want a way to verify via a third party?

Did you ask compassion.com if there are other options available to get that figure? Maybe state how many you think we're sponsored and they can validate?

noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:54:32 PM

A few different things on my mind here.

First off, an exciting opportunity. My church (a multi-campus "megachurch" in IL) is about to launch a 4 week series on "Bitcoin and the Bible"

I'm obviously trying to get some quality information about BiblePay into the hands of the team to inform discussion in later weeks. I also am strongly considering a run of ~3000 paper wallets (I know, a topic we've discussed before, but I've got a need now) with a quick proposal. I can handle the tech side, but would need to make a proposal to fund the wallets and do the printing.

On top of that, I'd like to consider a feature around scheduled sending. Many churches, especially large ones, utilize scheduled online giving as a key part of fundraising. I believe that we could greatly increase our ability to integrate with church tithing/giving systems if we could enable an auto-schedule feature, that would deposit BBP every week/month/etc into a central wallet that the church owns. If it was done via integration into one or more giving systems, receipts could be automatically generated, etc. - that'd be really good. As an example, my church utilizes communitychurchbuilder / securegive - which has a pretty robust API list and published integration capabilities.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

A few different things on my mind here.

First off, an exciting opportunity. My church (a multi-campus "megachurch" in IL) is about to launch a 4 week series on "Bitcoin and the Bible"

I'm obviously trying to get some quality information about BiblePay into the hands of the team to inform discussion in later weeks. I also am strongly considering a run of ~3000 paper wallets (I know, a topic we've discussed before, but I've got a need now) with a quick proposal. I can handle the tech side, but would need to make a proposal to fund the wallets and do the printing.

On top of that, I'd like to consider a feature around scheduled sending. Many churches, especially large ones, utilize scheduled online giving as a key part of fundraising. I believe that we could greatly increase our ability to integrate with church tithing/giving systems if we could enable an auto-schedule feature, that would deposit BBP every week/month/etc into a central wallet that the church owns. If it was done via integration into one or more giving systems, receipts could be automatically generated, etc. - that'd be really good. As an example, my church utilizes communitychurchbuilder / securegive - which has a pretty robust API list and published integration capabilities.
Great!
At the moment it looks like there is ~100k BP left in the PR budget, so you could put in a proposal for this.
In addition to handing out paper wallets, perhaps we could put together a very short "What is BiblePay?" brochure with just the key points/stats.

With scheduled giving, you mean an individual like yourself could schedule a payment to your church and they auto generate a receipt for you?
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:29:15 AM

Edit: Ah well, so now I tried REMOVING RAH from the machine where I attached WCG, then updating WCG. As a result this has now correctly inserted my desired CPID into the field "external_cpid" in the XML file. Now I will wait until this also shows up on the WCG web page/profile; on the other machine the "external_cpid" is still empty...

Glad you got it figured out. Adding WCG and waiting a day worked for me. I've read either the oldest CPID wins, and sometimes I read the one with the most work. I tend to think it is the oldest CPID that wins. For me, it was always just adding WCG project to an existing BOINC client with R@H already working. Strange you had to do all this XML business.

Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: