Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:38:44 AM

"Bitcoin and the Bible"

Even for tech savvy, Bitcoin is a hard concept to grasp. If we can get on an exchange that allows BBP to fiat (USD or EUR) opens up a lot of automation possibilities. People don't really need to understand the technology or workflow... just that they are helping to sponsor poor children and moving God's kingdom forward.  I prefer churches paying for a masternode service then use it fund missionaries, earn interest in the form of church tithe, and help poor children at the same time. I suppose if you can do scheduled deposits in an automated way, that would work too.  The biggest pain point I think is explaining cryptocurrency and moving fiat into BBP and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:04:01 AM

"Bitcoin and the Bible"

Even for tech savvy, Bitcoin is a hard concept to grasp. If we can get on an exchange that allows BBP to fiat (USD or EUR) opens up a lot of automation possibilities. People don't really need to understand the technology or workflow... just that they are helping to sponsor poor children and moving God's kingdom forward.  I prefer churches paying for a masternode service then use it fund missionaries, earn interest in the form of church tithe, and help poor children at the same time. I suppose if you can do scheduled deposits in an automated way, that would work too.  The biggest pain point I think is explaining cryptocurrency and moving fiat into BBP and vice versa.

If we can get listed on NEXTexchange that would be a Fiat gateway

https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp
znffal

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:43:55 AM

Amazing news!

From: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3FSXEFIZ8/?hl=en&taken-by=compassionau

"INCREDIBLE NEWS!
All 30 Compassion assisted children missing after Kenya's dam collapse have been found alive. Praise God! We are so grateful for your prayers and support. Please continue to pray for provision, strength and comfort.
__
Of our 338 children in the area, 42 have been seriously impacted. These children have lost either parents or siblings, their home, their parent's livelihood and income, or are badly injured. They need urgent support. Your gift today can help our local church partners to respond to situations like this one: http://cmpsn.co/kenyacrisis"

Thank you so much for your prayers.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

Cryptobridge, my 2 cents:

I was sceptical at first simply because the volume is just OK (although more than we have now). But then I checked their roadmap!

In the next few months they are planning to add support for:

Etherium
ERC 20 tokens (Huge market)
Omni tokens (Including USDT!)
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I am amazed that they are doing ~2 million USD worth of daily volume without all of these coins (especially Etherium + ERC20 support). In my opinion, they will at least double their volume in the next few months. Probably closer to 5x I am guessing.

And who knows from there.

I think getting listed on there now is a great idea. I am not sure how easy the exchange will be to use for non-technically minded people. So we should still keep trying to get on other exchanges that are more easy to use (NextExchange, I am still hoping for).

I start using Crypto-Bridge a couple months ago, and it is more and more quickly becoming my go-to exchange. I like the exchange being decentralized, I think that will become a lot more popular as crypto becomes more and more mainstream. And personally, I don't think the exchange is any more complicated than the average exchange.

I used crypto-bridge too, but I really have no idea how "decentralized" so important in exchange, we still have to transfer our coin to the exchange wallet for trading, same process as I did to c-cex or other non-decentralized exchange, can anyone tell me what is it so secure with "decentralized" in exchanges?

BTW, I found crypto-bridge is not the only decentralized exchange that utilizing bitshares engine, a new exchange called Escodex worth a glance too, their listing fee is much much cheaper.

Any news from on bittrex anyway?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

I talked to Compassion yesterday but I could not confirm the number of sponsorships due to privacy issues. Would you be willing to give them a call and ask them to add a note on the account that you allow general sponsorship data inquiries? This is what they suggested for the public to make inquiries.
Can't you go the Accountability tab in the QT wallet and look at the PDF file? It clearly shows the number of sponsorships for a given month. The term "orphans" for Compassion.com is not accurate since their origins may have helped orphans, but now it is children in poor families. It wouldn't be hard as a wiki entry to tally up the count yourself and see how it changes per month on Compassion.com

Now there are two other charities... they should be tracked as well
for numbers and contribution dollar wise.

I am the contact-person for CameroonONE and I have asked Todd (the director) for receipts of the transactions. I actually sent those to Rob yesterday and asked if the CameroonONE receipts could also be placed on the accountability page.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:59:43 AM

Cryptobridge, my 2 cents:

I was sceptical at first simply because the volume is just OK (although more than we have now). But then I checked their roadmap!

In the next few months they are planning to add support for:

Etherium
ERC 20 tokens (Huge market)
Omni tokens (Including USDT!)
Cryptonote (Like Monero)

And others.

I am amazed that they are doing ~2 million USD worth of daily volume without all of these coins (especially Etherium + ERC20 support). In my opinion, they will at least double their volume in the next few months. Probably closer to 5x I am guessing.

And who knows from there.

I think getting listed on there now is a great idea. I am not sure how easy the exchange will be to use for non-technically minded people. So we should still keep trying to get on other exchanges that are more easy to use (NextExchange, I am still hoping for).

I start using Crypto-Bridge a couple months ago, and it is more and more quickly becoming my go-to exchange. I like the exchange being decentralized, I think that will become a lot more popular as crypto becomes more and more mainstream. And personally, I don't think the exchange is any more complicated than the average exchange.

I used crypto-bridge too, but I really have no idea how "decentralized" so important in exchange, we still have to transfer our coin to the exchange wallet for trading, same process as I did to c-cex or other non-decentralized exchange, can anyone tell me what is it so secure with "decentralized" in exchanges?

BTW, I found crypto-bridge is not the only decentralized exchange that utilizing bitshares engine, a new exchange called Escodex worth a glance too, their listing fee is much much cheaper.

Basically, it removes the 'human-factor' from the equation and let's an exchange work based on smart-contracts from the moment you deposit your coins. The security is - of course - related to the quality of the coding in the smart-contracts, and probably some things will go wrong in the near-future, and those growing-pains are to be expected. Bitshares has been around for some time and has also delivered, and that gives me confidence.

But removing human incompetence and especially corruption (see coinsmarkets.com where BiblePay was also listed and I personally lost some coins) is a big factor for me to be in favor of decentralized exchanges.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:08:22 AM

A few different things on my mind here.

First off, an exciting opportunity. My church (a multi-campus "megachurch" in IL) is about to launch a 4 week series on "Bitcoin and the Bible"

I'm obviously trying to get some quality information about BiblePay into the hands of the team to inform discussion in later weeks. I also am strongly considering a run of ~3000 paper wallets (I know, a topic we've discussed before, but I've got a need now) with a quick proposal. I can handle the tech side, but would need to make a proposal to fund the wallets and do the printing.

On top of that, I'd like to consider a feature around scheduled sending. Many churches, especially large ones, utilize scheduled online giving as a key part of fundraising. I believe that we could greatly increase our ability to integrate with church tithing/giving systems if we could enable an auto-schedule feature, that would deposit BBP every week/month/etc into a central wallet that the church owns. If it was done via integration into one or more giving systems, receipts could be automatically generated, etc. - that'd be really good. As an example, my church utilizes communitychurchbuilder / securegive - which has a pretty robust API list and published integration capabilities.

Very nice! Do you have a start-date for that series?

Actually, Habib has plans to make a BiblePay hardcopy guide to give to churches and other communities. It didn't make last months budget because it was already full, and it probably also won't be in this months budged. But I think it could be part of the Juni budget.

I was planning on creating the guide based on the new website, the new whitepaper, and the powerpoint I made some time ago: https://pool.biblepay.org/Media/Biblepay-General%20Information.pptx

Since the new website isn't completed yet (it will probably be finished in June or Juli), I kind of postponed the hardcopy guide. But maybe it's good to make a sort of infographic in hardcopy format about BiblePay, which will hopefully simplify what BiblePay is about for non-tech people.

I like the paper-wallet idea, and I also like the idea of churches/charities putting in proposals to start their own Sanctuaries so they can have a steady income in BBP and also become more crypto-interested and become part of our community. But I'm open to any ideas on this front.

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:13:48 AM

Edit: Ah well, so now I tried REMOVING RAH from the machine where I attached WCG, then updating WCG. As a result this has now correctly inserted my desired CPID into the field "external_cpid" in the XML file. Now I will wait until this also shows up on the WCG web page/profile; on the other machine the "external_cpid" is still empty...

Glad you got it figured out. Adding WCG and waiting a day worked for me. I've read either the oldest CPID wins, and sometimes I read the one with the most work. I tend to think it is the oldest CPID that wins. For me, it was always just adding WCG project to an existing BOINC client with R@H already working. Strange you had to do all this XML business.

Thanks, now the correct CPID finally made it to the WCG web page. However I'm not quite sure what the cause of this was. I realized another mistake(?) I made, which I corrected maybe an hour before the CPID was adjusted:
For every new machine attaching to Rosetta I always used the "weak account key" and it worked perfectly. That's why I also did this with WCG. But perhaps with the weak key it cannot adjust the CPID correctly, so I removed WCG from one of the machines and added it with the "strong" key and then updated again.
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

Habib did his first BiblePay radio interview! You can see it on his Twitter:
https://twitter.com/HabibAd49

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:14:36 AM

Amazing news!

"INCREDIBLE NEWS!
All 30 Compassion assisted children missing after Kenya's dam collapse have been found alive. Praise God! We are so grateful for your prayers and support. Please continue to pray for provision, strength and comfort.
__
Of our 338 children in the area, 42 have been seriously impacted. These children have lost either parents or siblings, their home, their parent's livelihood and income, or are badly injured. They need urgent support. Your gift today can help our local church partners to respond to situations like this one: http://cmpsn.co/kenyacrisis"

Awesome! God is good!   These kids and this village will still need a lot of prayer as they continue to deal with the after-effects of this ordeal.
znffal

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:23:57 AM

Amazing news!

"INCREDIBLE NEWS!
__

Awesome! God is good!   These kids and this village will still need a lot of prayer as they continue to deal with the after-effects of this ordeal.

Yes you are right. Thankfully Compassion is already on the ground there so that is something.
znffal

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:32:26 AM

This evening I had the pleasure of taking my family to the Mwangaza Children's Choir which was visiting my city.

https://www.tearfund.org.nz/Get-Involved/Our-Events/Mwangaza-Children-s-Choir.aspx

Most of the children were from Ghana.

The kids were amazing. Apart from being very talented, they shared testimonies that highlight why we need more sponsors for these kids. Without sponsorship support they simply don't go to school (many were farming potatoes before being sponsored). The great thing about TearFund is that they are partnered with Compassion and they not only provide bodily needs + education, but also teach them about Jesus. Some of the kids converted to Christianity as a result of the Compassion team.
The tour is trying to raise money to build them a school which is awesome.
When it is done, we should all visit Habib and go to visit the school!

I also had the opportunity to share with the TearFund people about crypto and BiblePay. I will visit them the next time I am in Auckland and talk about them possibly accepting crypto as payment.

I think Habib is working with Jaap on a physical brochure, is that correct?
Perhaps I can use that, if it is ready by the time I go?

God bless.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:34:35 AM

Basically, it removes the 'human-factor' from the equation and let's an exchange work based on smart-contracts from the moment you deposit your coins. The security is - of course - related to the quality of the coding in the smart-contracts, and probably some things will go wrong in the near-future, and those growing-pains are to be expected. Bitshares has been around for some time and has also delivered, and that gives me confidence.

But removing human incompetence and especially corruption (see coinsmarkets.com where BiblePay was also listed and I personally lost some coins) is a big factor for me to be in favor of decentralized exchanges.

Thanks for the explanation. And since you mentioned coinsmarket, then what if crypto-bridge stopped service like coinsmarket did, will we get back the coins that we deposited to crypto-bridge wallet from the smart-contracts?
jaapgvk

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:39:53 PM

This evening I had the pleasure of taking my family to the Mwangaza Children's Choir which was visiting my city.

https://www.tearfund.org.nz/Get-Involved/Our-Events/Mwangaza-Children-s-Choir.aspx

Most of the children were from Ghana.

The kids were amazing. Apart from being very talented, they shared testimonies that highlight why we need more sponsors for these kids. Without sponsorship support they simply don't go to school (many were farming potatoes before being sponsored). The great thing about TearFund is that they are partnered with Compassion and they not only provide bodily needs + education, but also teach them about Jesus. Some of the kids converted to Christianity as a result of the Compassion team.
The tour is trying to raise money to build them a school which is awesome.
When it is done, we should all visit Habib and go to visit the school!

I also had the opportunity to share with the TearFund people about crypto and BiblePay. I will visit them the next time I am in Auckland and talk about them possibly accepting crypto as payment.

I think Habib is working with Jaap on a physical brochure, is that correct?
Perhaps I can use that, if it is ready by the time I go?

God bless.

It's true that there are plans for a physical brochure. Habib first suggested the idea. I'm not currently working on the brochure. First I want to have the new website up and running. And we could then use the website (basic information and guides) + whitepaper as a guideline for the brochure.

I was thinking about something like an infographic as a hardcopy for the guide. But if anyone wants te help or has design-knowledge, then please don't hesitate to offer your help! Maybe we should get together a small team that can work on the brochure Smiley

jaapgvk

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

Thanks for the explanation. And since you mentioned coinsmarket, then what if crypto-bridge stopped service like coinsmarket did, will we get back the coins that we deposited to crypto-bridge wallet from the smart-contracts?

When you use a decentralized exchange, as I have always understood you are the one in control of the private keys.

Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:38:13 PM

Hi togoshigekata Smiley

After a lot of work on other topics in the last days, I finally have a some free time again to work on something fun.
So, updating the mining how to on biblepay central would be something I can do again, but I'm not sure what might be missing. Is there something new I hadn't added yet?
Or are there Ideas who to improve on any topics?

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
vahtis

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:18:51 PM

Hi togoshigekata Smiley

After a lot of work on other topics in the last days, I finally have a some free time again to work on something fun.
So, updating the mining how to on biblepay central would be something I can do again, but I'm not sure what might be missing. Is there something new I hadn't added yet?

I did not find reference to two things while looking. How to set up WCG and use multiple machines for heat mining.

I try to give feedback on improvements too. I was able to set up my machines with these instructions, but something is missing.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:30:04 PM

First, it seems that http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/ is stuck again. Not for long, but there is no new transaction since 12:35:12 GMT

I did not find reference to two things while looking. How to set up WCG and use multiple machines for heat mining.

I'm lagging behind the current development a little bit, is WCG official in usage now? Smiley Have not tried it yet, but indeed, if it is released, I really should take a look at it.

I will ad some lines about multi maschines heat-mining Smiley

I try to give feedback on improvements too. I was able to set up my machines with these instructions, but something is missing.

Feedback is very important. It is sometimes hard to guess what newcomers understand and what is not documented/written well enough ^^

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:03:47 PM

Hi,
Is it needed to have gen=1 in the main wallet to automatically send the "PODC Update" several times a day? I mean, can I set get=0 and the wallet will still send the regular PODC Updates?

Thanks!

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:48:39 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 11:07:38 PM by togoshigekata

Hi togoshigekata Smiley

First, it seems that http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/ is stuck again. Not for long, but there is no new transaction since 12:35:12 GMT

I'm lagging behind the current development a little bit, is WCG official in usage now? Smiley Have not tried it yet, but indeed, if it is released, I really should take a look at it.

I will ad some lines about multi maschines heat-mining Smiley

Feedback is very important. It is sometimes hard to guess what newcomers understand and what is not documented/written well enough ^^

Hey Lich! Smiley

Thank you for the heads up on the explorer, seems like BiblePay crashes randomly every few weeks,
(Anyone know how I can automate it to restart Biblepay if BiblePay crashes and to delete the explorer/tmp/index.pid file as well?)
Explorer is updated now

===

Lich, I think your mining guide is WAY better than the wiki guide! Like 10x better, Its pretty awesome,
I also like the ability to add comments to each page

There have been multiple repeat questions about mining that have popped up a few times the past 2 months,
but Id have to dig back through the Discord, this thread and the biblepay forum thread, I plan to do that hopefully soon, I will report back!

vahtis brought up some good things and also Yes WCG is official,

another thing we should do is explain RAC more and how it increases over time:
https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@hotbit/rac-and-grc-rewards-for-dummies-calculate-you-maximum-rac-in-5-seconds

Itd be great if some of the other miners could step up and help document more, but its like a catch 22, if a miner helps others mine than hes going to get less mining rewards because more people will be mining, BUT, the coin will spread more, become more scarce and go up in more value, so its kind of short term vs long term thinking mindset

CALLING OUT TO ALL MINERS, Help us improve the mining documentation!

But yeah I plan to go through the past 3 months of posts and organize and document everything

Is the biblepay-central website open source?

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: