Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:38:51 PM

I fully agree with this, and I will support it if someone puts in a proposal. I know some people in the graphic-design world and I'll ask around if someone is willing to help.

Also, I found this company that makes them:
https://reptilefx.com/

Maybe we could send them an inquiry about costs?

I was thinking about something like this for our video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Maybe this can serve as a good example to show to the person who will make the video.

Excellent idea!

Here are the folks who made your video example "What Is Bitcoin?" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Chris Rice | Voice
    Fabian Rühle | Motion Graphics
    Christian Barth | Music
    Andrew Mottl | Sound Design/Mastering

I'll contact them and get more info about production costs etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

Anyone want to come to a meet up on the east coast?

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:04:39 PM

zthomasz perfect....... it looks good too

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:39:00 PM

Is there a way to send BBP from my wallet to my pool.biblepay.org account?

If not ... Rob, will you deposit enough BBP into my PAHT54 pool account to cover a proposal fee for website work reimbursement? There's currently 956 BBP in the account.

Thanks!
Sure- updated.  There are plans to allow credits in the future, but the stratis project has been slowing the new pool features down.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:11:55 PM

I think the prayer system is being abused again. The Romans 1:20 verse has been modified and posted.

noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:42:16 PM

I think the prayer system is being abused again. The Romans 1:20 verse has been modified and posted.

So I found the tx associated with the prayer via the block explorer, but not sure what a person can do with it from there. I suppose one could track back the addresses until we got to something someone recognized (assuming they didn't use privatepay or something) and then direct message the sender and have a "grown-up" conversation.

On a larger scale, though, public broadcast ability is always going to be tricky if unmoderated. Even this forum is moderated somewhat. Should we consider introducing a "report" function on prayers that are inappropriate? If so, how do we stop THAT from being abused? It's a difficult situation.

Even more so, how do we WANT to censor/moderate? Do we have to agree with the theology behind each prayer? That's a slippery slope. I mean, if somebody enters a sincere prayer that the majority of people disagree with, like "Lord be with my son who has taken up dancing, which leads to temptation." or something on the role of women in the modern church, or whatever - is it our job to judge? I'd say that unless it is blatantly offensive (i.e. profanity / blasphemy) we should let people put in whatever they want, and deal with a potentially low signal-to-noise ratio. We can all choose which of the prayers we bring up in our own prayer time, and which ones we don't...right?
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

So I found the tx associated with the prayer via the block explorer, but not sure what a person can do with it from there. I suppose one could track back the addresses until we got to something someone recognized (assuming they didn't use privatepay or something) and then direct message the sender and have a "grown-up" conversation.

On a larger scale, though, public broadcast ability is always going to be tricky if unmoderated. Even this forum is moderated somewhat. Should we consider introducing a "report" function on prayers that are inappropriate? If so, how do we stop THAT from being abused? It's a difficult situation.

The other abuse was removed fairly quickly.. I suspect Rob has a way to push a prayer deletion.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

Is there a standard for what a "prayer" is? I always thought of it as a vertical communication on behalf of myself, my fellow Christians, and those that have are not believers in the name of Jesus.

I'd argue this statement fits the definition of "prayer" as the text starts with "Divine creator". It is not what I would pray for (Darwinism vs Creationism) nor would I have included Romans 1:20 specifically in there since it confuses more than clarifies. For a second there, I thought this was the actual verse in the Bible:

Romans 1:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, [a] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Footnotes: a) Romans 1:20 Or clearly perceived from the creation of the world

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:37:07 PM

More photos from BLOOM ... sponsored children!

https://biblepaysponsorkids.tumblr.com/

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:15:51 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

https://twitter.com/CryptoCurrEncyX/status/999419000697380865

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.msg38330395#msg38330395

From May, 31 till approximately August, 31 we will switch to "limited service" mode for summer vacations.

We will: provide trading service, API trading service, C-CEX codes creation and redeeming, fiat deposits and withdrawals.
We will not: provide all cryptocoin and tokens deposits and withdrawals, support ticket service.

If you need your cryptocurrency to trade here or elsewhere during "limited service" period - please, deposit or withdraw it before vacation start date. Please, do not send any deposits during "limited service" period as they will not be posted to balances.

We will resume normal service after August, 31. We may resume normal service earlier. We may serve tickets during vacation period but we do not take obligation to do that.

Happy summer!

togoshigekata

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:51:25 AM

Verge got hacked a 2nd time and Bitcoin Gold got hacked

https://blog.theabacus.io/the-verge-hack-explained-7942f63a3017

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-gold-hit-by-double-spend-attack-exchanges-lose-millions/

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

Hmm, I see the way the Verge hacker deployed the attack.  I'm really surprised Verge had that timestamp flexibility coded in to such a high duration.  The first POS coin (peercoin), Sunny had added a rule to restrict new block acceptance windows to 15 minutes.  This was then copied into most POS coins like Blackcoin, etc.  Dash had something like 30 minutes (I believe).  We have a 15 minute maximum timestamp window for solutions, and we also do not allow clocks to be off by more than 5 minutes!  We are one of the few coins with the inability to "lie" about the timezone or time, so we are not subject to this attack.  But I "assume" the devs extended the 15 minute window to 2 hours for some 'feature' in verge, but it appears that is pretty wide and allowed the attack vector.

The BCG attack appears to be a massive hashpower exploit.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:27:25 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

From May, 31 till approximately August, 31 we will switch to "limited service" mode for summer vacations.

We will: provide trading service, API trading service, C-CEX codes creation and redeeming, fiat deposits and withdrawals.
We will not: provide all cryptocoin and tokens deposits and withdrawals, support ticket service.

If you need your cryptocurrency to trade here or elsewhere during "limited service" period - please, deposit or withdraw it before vacation start date. Please, do not send any deposits during "limited service" period as they will not be posted to balances.

We will resume normal service after August, 31. We may resume normal service earlier. We may serve tickets during vacation period but we do not take obligation to do that.

Happy summer!

What the?Huh He goes on "vacation" for THREE MONTHS and announces it a whopping 1 week before? What about people that are on a 10 day vacation right now and don't get the chance to withdraw? This is ridiculous...
I just double-checked to make sure I have nothing left on there, you never know.

On another note: Is there a "project status" page for WCG as there is for R@H? Yesterday I installed a new machine and there weren't any jobs available for some time. I think BBP already made a huge impact there also.  Roll Eyes
smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:28:42 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

Happy summer!

BBP needs a proper exchange, not this c-cex vacation funding hobby project for the admin or other obscure unknown exchanges. To understand what I mean by proper exchange, there is a list: Binance, Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, Bibox, Bittrex, Kucoin. From these I would say BBP has best chance to get on Kucoin (or maybe Bibox). And if not these, let's get at least on Cryptopia or even Yobit woud be 100x better than c-cex.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:47:31 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

Happy summer!

BBP needs a proper exchange, not this c-cex vacation funding hobby project for the admin or other obscure unknown exchanges. To understand what I mean by proper exchange, there is a list: Binance, Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, Bibox, Bittrex, Kucoin. From these I would say BBP has best chance to get on Kucoin (or maybe Bibox). And if not these, let's get at least on Cryptopia or even Yobit woud be 100x better than c-cex.

As great as that would be, it really isn't that simple. Even "cheaper" exchanges in that list are charging many BTC. And that is even if you get a response at all.
If you have any direct contacts at any of these exchanges please let us know.
It looks like the Crypto Bridge proposal will pass so hopefully that will be the next one. They have decent volume and I think this will grow quickly as they list ERC20 tokens etc
smbbm

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:41:30 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

Happy summer!

As great as that would be, it really isn't that simple. Even "cheaper" exchanges in that list are charging many BTC. And that is even if you get a response at all.
It looks like the Crypto Bridge proposal will pass so hopefully that will be the next one. They have decent volume and I think this will grow quickly as they list ERC20 tokens etc
I don't have any special access to any of these exchanges. I'm just saying let's take it one by one from the easiest. Don't waste time and budget on crappy exchanges. Rather 1 good or normal exchange than 10 poor exchanges. So far BBP is not listed on any good or even normal exchange (c-cex is neither good nor normal exchage). It's shame for such a good project. I'm making a commitment right now to get it listed on yobit.net and to map what can be done next to reach the others I've mentioned. God is with this project, no worry, we just need to press a bit.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

C-CEX ANNOUNCEMENT

Happy summer!

I don't have any special access to any of these exchanges. I'm just saying let's take it one by one from the easiest. Don't waste time and budget on crappy exchanges. Rather 1 good or normal exchange than 10 poor exchanges. So far BBP is not listed on any good or even normal exchange (c-cex is neither good nor normal exchage). It's shame for such a good project. I'm making a commitment right now to get it listed on yobit.net and to map what can be done next to reach the others I've mentioned. God is with this project, no worry, we just need to press a bit.

That's cool man, give it a go. Let us know if we can help.

FYI, from your list we have already contacted:
Binance, Bittrex, Yobit, Cryptopia

+ some others.
togoshigekata

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:52:26 AM

Hey Rob, Im getting an error when voting on Aprils latest BLOOM proposal

Code:
gobject vote-alias e05595d8564503b0b9f9dee00c475a59ae5e4a358937aff2ea0d73c0fa263ad5 funding yes MN1

{
  "overall": "Voted successfully 0 time(s) and failed 1 time(s).",
  "detail": {
    "MN1": {
      "result": "failed",
      "errorMessage": "GOVERNANCE_EXCEPTION_WARNING:CGovernanceManager::ProcessVote -- Unknown parent object , MN outpoint = c08e28823ddbc92d1822abe608f0283aa84938483dbc6baa105937ee0a6b69a9-0, governance object hash = e05595d8564503b0b9f9dee00c475a59ae5e4a358937aff2ea0d73c0fa263ad5\n"
    }
  }
}

smbbm

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:01:43 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 10:12:23 AM by smbbm

That's cool man, give it a go. Let us know if we can help.

FYI, from your list we have already contacted:
Binance, Bittrex, Yobit, Cryptopia

+ some others.
Great. I've just created and paid Yobit Premium "Add coin" request. If everything goes ok BBP should be listed there in 4-7 days. Yobit is not a perfect exchange but it is well established with decent volume (40x c-cex volume) and it (more or less) works 365 days a year. I've put contact [at] biblepay.org as a contact mail so BBP devs should cooperate with yobit if needed.
pagalo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

A quick question.

Is there any problem on pool.biblepay.org?

It shows the same PCs as active and as missing.

In conf file I have
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org

Is it OK or it should be https?

Thanks

Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: