Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243133 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

So there are people still trading BBP on C-CEX right now. Am I right in assuming that when the wallet is updated they will lose the BBP that was bought but keep the alts that they got when they sold BBP? And that C-CEX is going to be the one who ends up taking the hit on that? Seems a little sad. I mean, I know we gave plenty of notice, but I wouldn't want whatever is happening there to hurt our reputation.

There are still some mighty full BBP wallets on C-CEX. If somebody was to, say, sell off the 2M BBP in the top wallet then withdraw the BTC (not that they'd necessarily find buyers for all of that), it'd be a real scandal.

If you are still trading at C-Cex after all that happened in the past and also now, it should be only your responsibility.

I don't disagree, at all! But the longer that continues, the more of a story there is going to be. And that won't be good for anybody.
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

I am not an expert but I believe that people can still exchange (buy or sell) BBP if they have balance in their Ledger.  The only restriction I think that is for the people who are trying to withdraw or deposit BBP coins right now.
I believe that the balances, buy and sells are all managed in the Exchange DB without real transactions.
And I think that this is the difference with CriptoBridge where you have your coins in a real wallet.

Again, I am not an expert on this matter so please correct me if I am wrong...
afeno

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:09:51 PM

Hope that is ok for everybody.
Sure. Thank you Light for your quick reaction to the problem.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:52:37 PM

I like the background prayer load feature also.   The reason it was disabled is TheSnat had a couple instances of a 5+ minute loading time, and I got very nervous that we had a race condition so I disabled it.  You have to realize the feature is not just for prayers but also for PODC data, so its critical the wallet has it all in order before the chain finishes syncing...  So we will have to revisit this again and ensure there is really no race.  There is a pull we need from thesnat for the transaction list which confuses the issue (as the extra-long load started at the same time we added tx list filtering And background prayers), so we need to insert one fix at a time and verify it.

It's a nice feature,  hope it comes back.

And I was waiting to see how long it took to get blamed for something Smiley

I know your probably joking but just to clarify Im not blaming your tx list filtering for the long load time; I am saying the long load time started at the same time we merged that feature in, but background prayers 'appeared' to be working for the prior 7 days (which is a weak statement).  So you have to be open minded and realize its possible that QT is processing invisible transaction data and internally slowing the boot down, but I havent had a chance to look into that yet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:56:23 PM

So there are people still trading BBP on C-CEX right now. Am I right in assuming that when the wallet is updated they will lose the BBP that was bought but keep the alts that they got when they sold BBP? And that C-CEX is going to be the one who ends up taking the hit on that? Seems a little sad. I mean, I know we gave plenty of notice, but I wouldn't want whatever is happening there to hurt our reputation.

There are still some mighty full BBP wallets on C-CEX. If somebody was to, say, sell off the 2M BBP in the top wallet then withdraw the BTC (not that they'd necessarily find buyers for all of that), it'd be a real scandal.
Well the risk is if they leave the old version up and it gets unstuck, users can deposit bbp on a fork, mined from the old version. 

Its not a bad problem if they send BBP from the New version, as that would get confirmed eventually when they resync the chain.  You cant lose any BBP by sending on the official version as coins will either be provably in a transaction or never sent. 

However I agree it is a very bad precedent to set to not be able to go into maintenance.
If a vacation is longer than 7 days, there should be an emergency button on the dashboard for the lead devs account to push it into maintenance.

Lets hope it remains on the same block number (stuck).  I have a feeling someone stopped the daemon but didnt update the status.  As usually when the daemon is out of sync, it stays on the wrong chain advancing.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:37:52 PM

It's a nice feature,  hope it comes back.

And I was waiting to see how long it took to get blamed for something Smiley

I know your probably joking but just to clarify Im not blaming your tx list filtering for the long load time; I am saying the long load time started at the same time we merged that feature in, but background prayers 'appeared' to be working for the prior 7 days (which is a weak statement).  So you have to be open minded and realize its possible that QT is processing invisible transaction data and internally slowing the boot down, but I havent had a chance to look into that yet.

I agree, and i'm glad my humor made its way across.  I get it the QT wallet has more going on than just a pretty face since the RPC client/server is embedded.

slavino

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:52:47 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 05:08:37 PM by slavino

It looks on next scam from CryptoBridge's side

Time to use/vote in next superblock...make proposal for sell all BBP for listing to any stable exchange
We can use 2 months superblock reeards
I believe that Rob is owner almost 30 MNs
310 orphans= 30$x 310 = 9300$

30MNs doing 4M bbp monthly for 0.0025$ totaly easy paid this 310 orphans

We can look that always is immediately voted by 30+ MNs after his orphans proposals..... its his MNs
Robert we are not idiots......your coin doesnt transparent.... exists 270+ mn and only your mn voted always

Livecoin
Bitrex

Rob what are you waiting for? Kucoin waiting for your list form ...support wrote me this at chat every 10 days

People ROB is scammer
stop using this dead coin omg......

Coin what usin shit like ccex and south is shit
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:06:08 PM

Time to use/vote in next superblock...make proposal for sell all BBP for listing to any stable exchange

We can look that always is immediately voted by 30+ MNs after his orphans proposals..... its his MNs
Robert we are not idiots......your coin doesnt transparent.... exists 270+ mn and only your mn voted always

Livecoin
Bitrex

Rob what are you waiting for? Kucoin waiting for your list form ...support wrote me this at chat every 10 days

So what if Rob has 30+ Sanctuaries? There are probably people with even more Sanctuaries.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
dave_bbp

Activity: 405

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:09:34 PM

Don't know if someone posted already, but since it was brought up again: Kucoin currently has a free-listing-vote-competition running right now. Only problem is that you have to be signed on the exchange and join the Telegram group. Apparently you can propose any project, but you should write in short times why it would deserve to be listed there.

https://medium.com/kucoinexchange/vote-for-your-coin-telegram-action-f749362be26a
slavino

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:10:54 PM

Jaapgkv im checking all this things on this coin and is very untrustworthy.. dont believe this ways

Dave. Kucoin wants to fill the form only from main dev.Slovakia user wrote this 2-3 weeks ago .... so? Its dumbaaa when main dev screw on it...he is lazy for this....

jaapgvk

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:20:10 PM

Don't know if someone posted already, but since it was brought up again: Kucoin currently has a free-listing-vote-competition running right now. Only problem is that you have to be signed on the exchange and join the Telegram group. Apparently you can propose any project, but you should write in short times why it would deserve to be listed there.

https://medium.com/kucoinexchange/vote-for-your-coin-telegram-action-f749362be26a

Okay, this is certainly interesting! I can't really see what the balance votes/merit will be. They will probably use the votes to make a top-something and then look at merit to decide which one(s) deserve listing in their eyes.

EDIT:

Who will win?
The project who gets the most votes, goes without saying, KuCoin will carry a quality check to ensure the project is legitimate before listing in order to protect investors’ interests.

The Prize:
The winner will get a free listing on KuCoin as well as a 30,000 USD advertisement package! On top of that, we are also committing 5 BTC value purchased in your tokens to be distributed via KuCoin to the users that voted for the winning project!

So, votes only. Not a big change of winning this then, sadly...

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
noxpost

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:27:30 PM

Livecoin
Bitrex

So what if Rob has 30+ Sanctuaries? There are probably people with even more Sanctuaries.

Yeah, I don't get the concern here. I get the math - I think. 30MNs * 30 days * 4200 BBP/node/day = ~4M BBP/month of sanc rewards. OK. So what? Is it that the BBP reward is sufficient to pay the charity bill by itself? And if so, why is that a problem? I don't know, I'm very confused as to what conclusions are being drawn here. Rob is somehow being accused of something, but I don't know what that is or why we should be concerned.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

I want to create an overview of the most commonly used (or useful) wallet-commands. I don't have a lot of time for this right now since I'll be abroad the coming weeks and I'm not that familiar with all the commands. But maybe we can try to make this a community-effort?

I'd prefer they be integrated into the QT wallet. When you type help <command> it should give the details of the command. FAQ is nice to have, but QT wallet is the more appropriate place IMO.

Also, detailing all the exec commands would really help me. I don't remember what they are and help in the QT doesn't show me the exec command options.

slavino

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:47:17 PM

Noxpost then why we using bbp from proposals 15M? We can use this coins for listing..... nobody see that coins from proposall was sell ... ask him where are all coins from proposals with proofs screens .. transfers to exchanges ...
All his answers is lies
noxpost

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:55:22 PM

Noxpost then why we using bbp from proposals 15M? We can use this coins for listing..... nobody see that coins from proposall was sell ... ask him where are all coins from proposals with proofs screens .. transfers to exchanges ...
All his answers is lies

For the same reason we aren't using MY masternode rewards for paying the bill. Why should we? Masternode rewards go to masternode owners. Proposals go to fund initiatives and pay bills.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:59:02 PM

manasd   27315.81   7/9/2018 6:06:42 AM   3391974   89828.89   GenuineIntel Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1620 @ 2.70GHz [Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9]   1994560   2   8151.14 MB   3282.09   0.8   27.31581   1.312836

For this slow machine with 2 core, how could he achieve such a high RAC? Is there any trick we do not know?

GPU for rosetta?

On manasd, he has 18 machines and 38 procs, with a rac of 89828.  To figure this out you would have to click on all his 18 machines.  This one might not be representative to his full account.

I don't know where my reply went, but here goes again...

You can merge identical machines. I believe the RAC is correct.

https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/hosts_user.php?userid=1994560

28k RAC with 72 in progress. 2 core Celeron means 36 computers were merged together. Just checking the PassMark score on the Celeron with some i7-3770 I have, the RAC matches up. If GPUs are involved, they are possibly mining something else and s/he is using the CPU for BBP PoDC. I don't think there's any shenanigans going on... Occam's razor: the simplest solution tends to be the right one

noxpost

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:05:05 PM

It's weird how many suspicious people continue to draw some conclusion that Biblepay = Rob and that Biblepay Money = Rob's Money.

I don't think any amount of "transparency / accountability / history/logging/whatever" discussion is going to convince people otherwise. Biblepay money is a decentralized collective, for which a decentralized governance committee (which includes some "big" players, admittedly) votes on how to spend.

Now, even if you assume that Rob has the ability to approve any proposal he wants on the basis of owning enough masternodes, that's just a "whale" situation. Is Rob a whale in BBP? I guess we might say that. Does it mean that Biblepay is therefore less than legit? You'd need to throw aside an awful lot of logic to make that leap.

If I (or anyone else) were to suddenly go from 5 masternodes to 50, for some reason, I feel like people would treat it differently. Maybe I'm wrong....but it's not like there are proposals getting passed of "I would like all the BBP for a new roof for my house" or something like that. We have the accountability page that tells us that the things we are voting to pay for are being paid. I don't need to see that it came from this wallet to that wallet to that exchange to fiat to wire transfer - just that it happened. I didn't vote for a proposal of "4M BBP to be sold on QIEX for 39 satoshi on july 17th" - I voted for "pay the orphan bill." If the orphan bill gets paid, I'm happy.

And yet, I feel like I'm missing something. That level of transparency clearly isn't enough for some. Why?
jaapgvk

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:33:25 PM

It's weird how many suspicious people continue to draw some conclusion that Biblepay = Rob and that Biblepay Money = Rob's Money.

I don't think any amount of "transparency / accountability / history/logging/whatever" discussion is going to convince people otherwise. Biblepay money is a decentralized collective, for which a decentralized governance committee (which includes some "big" players, admittedly) votes on how to spend.

Now, even if you assume that Rob has the ability to approve any proposal he wants on the basis of owning enough masternodes, that's just a "whale" situation. Is Rob a whale in BBP? I guess we might say that. Does it mean that Biblepay is therefore less than legit? You'd need to throw aside an awful lot of logic to make that leap.

If I (or anyone else) were to suddenly go from 5 masternodes to 50, for some reason, I feel like people would treat it differently. Maybe I'm wrong....but it's not like there are proposals getting passed of "I would like all the BBP for a new roof for my house" or something like that. We have the accountability page that tells us that the things we are voting to pay for are being paid. I don't need to see that it came from this wallet to that wallet to that exchange to fiat to wire transfer - just that it happened. I didn't vote for a proposal of "4M BBP to be sold on QIEX for 39 satoshi on july 17th" - I voted for "pay the orphan bill." If the orphan bill gets paid, I'm happy.

And yet, I feel like I'm missing something. That level of transparency clearly isn't enough for some. Why?

Completely agree. Sometimes I'm reading words but I just don't know that to make of it. I guess it's also partly a language/cultural barrier. BiblePay has given more than 130k dollars to charity to this date, which is verifiable with the charities involved. Don't know what you want more?

All the rest is just crypto-101. If you don't like how masternode-governance works, stay away from masternode projects. If you don't like how crypto works, stay away from crypto. The end.

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:34:00 PM

I want to create an overview of the most commonly used (or useful) wallet-commands. I don't have a lot of time for this right now since I'll be abroad the coming weeks and I'm not that familiar with all the commands. But maybe we can try to make this a community-effort?

I'd prefer they be integrated into the QT wallet. When you type help <command> it should give the details of the command. FAQ is nice to have, but QT wallet is the more appropriate place IMO.

Also, detailing all the exec commands would really help me. I don't remember what they are and help in the QT doesn't show me the exec command options.

Agreed, i'm curious why some things are buried in the "exec" function ..  Perhaps an exec "help" is in order to provide the data list?
cryptocadxyz

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:36:09 PM

Does anyone have trouble using InstantSend on 1.1.3.8c? I tried to send different amounts of 100, 1000, and even 10,000, but it keeps throwing an error saying that Instantsend only supports up to 500,000 BBP. Just noticed it after I upgraded from 1.1.2.4.
I did have a problem with it, yes - but I didn't report it as I couldn't reproduce it.

I could InstantSend 50,000 and 100,000 BBP, but not 200,000 or 300,00.

However, I think (not sure, but think) that the message was just misleading, and it was probably because I didn't have all of the funds sitting in the same address first. I was able to do instantsend of 100,000 -> 100,000 -> 50,000 -> 50,000 but that was the only way I could get it to work. Every other attempt threw the error you described.

The message is a bit ambigious.

To solve it, please go into coin control and manually select coin inputs less than 500,000, then re-send Smiley.

Cool. I didn't know about the coin control feature. Just went in to try it and was able to select my wallet which has more than enough coins. However, it still throws the same error despite the coins also having over a dozen confirmations. Tried 123, 1230, 10,000 "InstantSend doesn't support sending values that high yet..." Not sure what's wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: