Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:40:47 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 10:50:24 AM by togoshigekata

All, Jaap has paid Coinexchange.IO for our new exchange listing fee (2 BTC) - that was the entire treasury.

We will be listed on August 15th.

CoinExchange.io
https://www.coinexchange.io/

CoinMarketCap - 24 hour Volume
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinexchange/

BiblePay Proposal to be listed on CoinExchange.IO
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=231.0
123 Yes Votes, 8 No Votes

BBP trading is Live!
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BBP/BTC

=

NOTE: BBP deposits require 20 confirmations

NOTE: Need 0.001 BTC in account to use the Chat Box

=

I contacted CoinMarketCap and Masternodes.Online to add new exchange info
Anyone else we should contact?

I edited both Reddits, and added Link and Image to the Website
We will also need to edit ANN pages, and the Wiki

Anyone from each language want to help post the good news in each of these translated ANN threads?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7qmt6m/bitcointalk_main_post_language_translations/

Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:57:16 AM

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=161.0

What happened with that proposal? Did the guy just run away with the money?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:08:41 AM

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=161.0

What happened with that proposal? Did the guy just run away with the money?

No absolutely not Smiley I'm still in contact with Habib and he is still committed to BiblePay.

Unfortunately, he's had a very serious family-emergency, but he is planning to get busy with BiblePay again next month.
I will ask him to give us a precise breakdown of his spendings before moving forward.

The hardcopy-guide is also still being worked on (although it has become a project separate from Habib). I finished the website before going abroad last month. I came back last week, en now my focus is on the hardcopy-guide, airdrop, and PR.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
kurko2017

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:18:00 AM

Hello, tell me please, does everyone have experience working with a client-client on VPS?
coinsinspect

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:41:17 PM

Question regarding wallet.dat backup in Linux.

should I backup it only once or on every new wallet version ?
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:07:07 PM

Question regarding wallet.dat backup in Linux.

should I backup it only once or on every new wallet version ?

We back it up automatically, but you should keep monthly wallet.dat backups offsite.

The wallet.dat format is not changing during each version, we will announce it if it does change.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:33:26 PM

Couple of thoughts, these are just my opinions and not the canon belief of the coin, but I think could spawn some good discussion.

On the thought of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC.  I understand we would gain more users, but I fear we would alienate our current mining base.  I'm pretty sure without the team requirement it will be harder to show our value to the scientific community.  Sure, we can show how many people get BBP and user BOINC, but we could no longer claim those as our unique users.  While we've not been able to capitalize on the potential PR value of Team BiblePay yet, I think it is there.

We have enough exchanges: With the addition of Cryptobridge and the upcoming addition of Coinexchange, in addition to SouthXchange, QIEX and C-Cex, we have enough markets to provide stability.  Sure, the last two have had some issues, but the first two should provide enough market stability.  The only other exchanges we should be courting would be top 40 exchanges and many of those don't accept paid listings so for all practical purposes, I think we are where we need to be with that.

I do believe we need to seriously consider two moderate changes to the coin.

The first is to remove the Dark Gravity Wave component from the PoDC and Sanctuary payments and keep it solely for the PoBH (heat mining) payments.  This would still protect against an influx of hash rate, but would allow investors to have a more dependable ROI for Sanctuaries.  In the last month I've seen payments range from approximately 3900 to approximately 4600.  This is a variation of nearly 20%, and adds too much complexity to the coin, skews the potential maximum emissions and I believe would be of benefit to change.  It would also make Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards, whereas right now, PoDC gets more in a day than the collective sum of winning Sanctuaries.  In short, give the lucky Sanctuary 38.5% of the current block maximum, rather than the DGW Modified value.

The second is put a lower cap on the emission, preventing it from going below 200 BBP per block (before accounting for the budgetary parameters).  This would mean no max supply, but would only add approximately 7% to the current theoretical maximum every 50 years.  This would send a message that 1) we intended to be around more than 50 years and 2) Will still be supporting our charities and having a workable budget.

While we could discuss either of these points further down the line, I think considering them now, while we're still relatively young, would be best.

Hi West,

I've haven't read bitcointalk much when I was abroad, and I don't know if there has been recent talk of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC, but I agree with you that having the team-requirement is something we should cherish. It's a strong statement. Whether it's the smartest in terms of adoption is debatable, but I'd rather have a smaller and committed group than a larger less-committed (also if terms of HODL).

I agree that we're fine for now on the exchange-front. Our efforts should now shift mainly to PR.

About the changes for the coin: I have thought about the variable Sanctuary payments in the past, and I agree with you that it would be more fair that Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards. I have only limited knowledge about the technicalities behind this, but I think this is a fair point to discuss.

About putting a lower cap on the emission: I guess there are different theories about this. I think it's a good point you mention with BiblePay needing a workable budget in the far future. But I guess that the thing is that we have no idea what the future will bring. Maybe the BiblePay foundation will have products by then that will ensure a steady source of income (for charities). Of course, the decentralized nature may change I guess? But maybe we can have a donation address by then, and the contents of that address can still be divided in a decentralized way.

Rob, when creating the coin, did you envision a certain future with regards to the eventually zero block-reward and decentralized charity donations?

BBP has an emission schedule with an approximate soft cap of 5.2 billion by 2050, but in reality the small amount of coins being produced per block (IE 50 coins per block) is still enough for the system to function in the same way (as an economy of scale) as it does today.  We would drop to a level emitting something like 25 coins per block in the year 2100.  So we do not actually drop to a hard zero emission but we arent producing enough to materially change the 5.2 billion total either.  The theory is, a budget of 120,000 bbp per month will fully fund whatever charity activities we have in the year 2050, and 60,000 bbp per month in 2075 etc.

As far as how our DGW difficulty algorithm creates a dyanamic reward which slightly changes the Sanctuary reward due to the total coinbase reward, I have a personal view that this is good - because if we are every under a hash attack, rewards are lowered at that time. The technical reason both sanc & heat miner reward is decreased is because the miner who found the block actually pays the sanc payment.  So since our coin works in percentages, it would not work correctly to emit a block with a 50% penalty that pays the heat miner zero and the sanc 100%, the miner wouldnt mine it, so it is the way it is because of the distribution percentages in the heat mined block.  The heat miner pays the sanctuary because the heat miner found and created the block.

However I think this should be discussed along with any changes that DAHF may have on biblepay, since in the near future,we may have a third mining algorithm in the finance sector being born.  We are doing as much as possible in analyzing this for the benefit of the orphans in order to create a thread to discuss it.  It has to do with having the sanctuaries mine as a new animal using new datasets never before used in crypto.  Then sending the outputs of these analyzed portfolios into black boxes in order to form a hedge fund for biblepay, where the orphans receive 10% of the gross profits.  We have a lot to discuss, so please be patient while I make a wiki on DAHF paths as this is a very dynamic animal.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:45:53 PM

** COMPASSION LIQUIDATION FYI **

I'll be selling 9 million BBP over our 3 large exchanges (CCEX, CoinExchange and SouthXChange) over the next 14 days.

My goal is to sell about 700,000 per day.  Since masternode coins are down 90%, I'll try to space out the sales over all 3 exchanges.

This sale is starting now on c-cex.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
EggieR

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:52:31 PM

It is important for me to know that the project that interests me is safe. What steps should we take to obtain a legal opinion that BiblePay is safe?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:05:02 PM

Hi West,

I've haven't read bitcointalk much when I was abroad, and I don't know if there has been recent talk of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC, but I agree with you that having the team-requirement is something we should cherish. It's a strong statement. Whether it's the smartest in terms of adoption is debatable, but I'd rather have a smaller and committed group than a larger less-committed (also if terms of HODL).

I agree that we're fine for now on the exchange-front. Our efforts should now shift mainly to PR.

About the changes for the coin: I have thought about the variable Sanctuary payments in the past, and I agree with you that it would be more fair that Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards. I have only limited knowledge about the technicalities behind this, but I think this is a fair point to discuss.

About putting a lower cap on the emission: I guess there are different theories about this. I think it's a good point you mention with BiblePay needing a workable budget in the far future. But I guess that the thing is that we have no idea what the future will bring. Maybe the BiblePay foundation will have products by then that will ensure a steady source of income (for charities). Of course, the decentralized nature may change I guess? But maybe we can have a donation address by then, and the contents of that address can still be divided in a decentralized way.

Rob, when creating the coin, did you envision a certain future with regards to the eventually zero block-reward and decentralized charity donations?

BBP has an emission schedule with an approximate soft cap of 5.2 billion by 2050, but in reality the small amount of coins being produced per block (IE 50 coins per block) is still enough for the system to function in the same way (as an economy of scale) as it does today.  We would drop to a level emitting something like 25 coins per block in the year 2100.  So we do not actually drop to a hard zero emission but we arent producing enough to materially change the 5.2 billion total either.  The theory is, a budget of 120,000 bbp per month will fully fund whatever charity activities we have in the year 2050, and 60,000 bbp per month in 2075 etc.

As far as how our DGW difficulty algorithm creates a dyanamic reward which slightly changes the Sanctuary reward due to the total coinbase reward, I have a personal view that this is good - because if we are every under a hash attack, rewards are lowered at that time. The technical reason both sanc & heat miner reward is decreased is because the miner who found the block actually pays the sanc payment.  So since our coin works in percentages, it would not work correctly to emit a block with a 50% penalty that pays the heat miner zero and the sanc 100%, the miner wouldnt mine it, so it is the way it is because of the distribution percentages in the heat mined block.  The heat miner pays the sanctuary because the heat miner found and created the block.

However I think this should be discussed along with any changes that DAHF may have on biblepay, since in the near future,we may have a third mining algorithm in the finance sector being born.  We are doing as much as possible in analyzing this for the benefit of the orphans in order to create a thread to discuss it.  It has to do with having the sanctuaries mine as a new animal using new datasets never before used in crypto.  Then sending the outputs of these analyzed portfolios into black boxes in order to form a hedge fund for biblepay, where the orphans receive 10% of the gross profits.  We have a lot to discuss, so please be patient while I make a wiki on DAHF paths as this is a very dynamic animal.

It's good to know that the emission does not entirely fall off.  However, I'd still be of the thought that putting a (and I should have phrased this better the first time) FLOOR of 100-200 would not harm the coin, yet would still enable good works to continue indefinitely.  Additionally, such a statement (if I could write it clearer) would give certainty that BBP intends to be around beyond 50 years and has a mechanism in place to ensure that.

While I cannot speak to the technical solution of how to change the way the DGW works in regards to the PoBH and Sanctuary reward, I will say it creates inequity in the system as both Sanctuaries and PoDC are to receive the same percentile rewards, but on any given day, PoDC receives 15-25% more than the aggregated reward of the Sanctuaries.  This gives uncertainty to the potential investor and skews our emission schedule.

So without regard to the difficulty of the technical solution to make it happen, I still believe the system would benefit from that change, which is a flat Sanctuary reward per block equal to 1/205th of the daily PoDC reward. Putting numbers to it, yesterdays PoDC reward (and the reward until the next Budget Superblock) was 1,110,119.  This means the Sanctuaries to get the same 38.5% reward, need to average 5415 BBP per reward.  The maximum reward I've seen a Sanctuary receive over the last week has been just under 4600 BBP.  So on the BEST day, one Sanctuary got 20% less than the theoretical value it should have.  A quick look shows over the last week or so, the average Sanctuary reward has been about 4350, so the majority of Sanctuaries got 25% less than the theoretical value.  Again, this would fulfill our stated goal of PoDC and Sanctuaries each receiving equal rewards.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

It is important for me to know that the project that interests me is safe. What steps should we take to obtain a legal opinion that BiblePay is safe?

The coin is working on establishing a Foundation, which then intends to hire a law firm to get a legal opinion that BiblePay is not a security.  Beyond that, the accounting of how coins are distributed is searchable via an explorer, there is an accountability page which has receipts proving the donations that the coin has made.  In the end, safety is a relative term, but given the nature of the cryptocurrency markets, any investment requires due diligence on the part of the investor to weigh the evidence and decide if an individual feels the risk is acceptable.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

And let me make a distinction on Safe vs legitimate. 

You can see we are legitimate if you investigate :  https://accountability.biblepay.org  and take a look at our expenses paid, then our active orphan list, then our inbound letters from each child per month.

However if you are asking if we are a safe investment in the sense of How safe is a cryptocurrency investment in the first place, I would say be very wary about investing in cryptocurrency as a whole, unless you know what you are getting into.  (Be an informed and accredited investor first).  The crypto space has certain systemic risks that we need to overcome, like government acceptance, single points of failure, community continuity etc.  I feel that a cryptocurrency investment has a 50-50 chance of surviving 10 years.  However, through diversification I feel its worthwhile to have exposure in crypto, because of the benefits of the tenets of deflation (IE coins like us do not print like central governments, we vote on our budgets and we emit controlled emission levels).  So if you know what you are doing you can construct a portfolio that has a certain % of stocks, bonds physical assets and cryptocurrencies to hedge each others types of risk.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:15:41 PM

Small update: It looks like the purepool downtime affected the shareout of some blocks, I'm checking it right now

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:11:05 PM

Fix is done, the missing blocks are shared out now Smiley

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
eventmobi

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

How I can mine?
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:25:33 PM

Fix is done, the missing blocks are shared out now Smiley

Lichtsucher, the payment of 32 blocks are still missing. (From block 64405 to block 64570)

Code:
64570	Aug. 14, 2018, 8:39 p.m.
64566 Aug. 14, 2018, 8:14 p.m.
64557 Aug. 14, 2018, 7:12 p.m.
64555 Aug. 14, 2018, 6:42 p.m.
64551 Aug. 14, 2018, 6:24 p.m.
64550 Aug. 14, 2018, 6:23 p.m.
64547 Aug. 14, 2018, 5:48 p.m.
64536 Aug. 14, 2018, 4:30 p.m.
64535 Aug. 14, 2018, 4:25 p.m.
64529 Aug. 14, 2018, 3:56 p.m.
64526 Aug. 14, 2018, 3:47 p.m.
64521 Aug. 14, 2018, 2:54 p.m.
64519 Aug. 14, 2018, 1:54 p.m.
64516 Aug. 14, 2018, 1:38 p.m.
64514 Aug. 14, 2018, 1:27 p.m.
64504 Aug. 14, 2018, 12:05 p.m.
64502 Aug. 14, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
64493 Aug. 14, 2018, 11:06 a.m.
64477 Aug. 14, 2018, 9:17 a.m.
64468 Aug. 14, 2018, 8:05 a.m.
64453 Aug. 14, 2018, 6:23 a.m.
64452 Aug. 14, 2018, 6:18 a.m.
64450 Aug. 14, 2018, 5:59 a.m.
64447 Aug. 14, 2018, 5:06 a.m.
64441 Aug. 14, 2018, 4:26 a.m.
64437 Aug. 14, 2018, 4:20 a.m.
64428 Aug. 14, 2018, 3:31 a.m.
64426 Aug. 14, 2018, 3:20 a.m.
64419 Aug. 14, 2018, 2:37 a.m.
64411 Aug. 14, 2018, 1:22 a.m.
64406 Aug. 14, 2018, 12:40 a.m.
64405 Aug. 14, 2018, 12:31 a.m.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:47:38 PM

How I can mine?

Please read this page:
https://www.biblepay.org/mining/

If you have any further questions, just ask Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:19:02 AM

All, Jaap has paid Coinexchange.IO for our new exchange listing fee (2 BTC) - that was the entire treasury.

We will be listed on August 15th.

CoinExchange.io
https://www.coinexchange.io/

CoinMarketCap - 24 hour Volume
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinexchange/

BiblePay Proposal to be listed on CoinExchange.IO
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=231.0
123 Yes Votes, 8 No Votes

BBP trading is Live!
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BBP/BTC

=

NOTE: BBP deposits require 20 confirmations

NOTE: Need 0.001 BTC in account to use the Chat Box

=

I contacted CoinMarketCap and Masternodes.Online to add new exchange info
Anyone else we should contact?

I edited both Reddits, and added Link and Image to the Website
We will also need to edit ANN pages, and the Wiki

Anyone from each language want to help post the good news in each of these translated ANN threads?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7qmt6m/bitcointalk_main_post_language_translations/

CoinExchange.io Market was added to CoinMarketCap!
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/#markets

jaapgvk

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:59:38 PM

Couple of thoughts, these are just my opinions and not the canon belief of the coin, but I think could spawn some good discussion.

On the thought of removing the Team BiblePay requirement to PoDC.  I understand we would gain more users, but I fear we would alienate our current mining base.  I'm pretty sure without the team requirement it will be harder to show our value to the scientific community.  Sure, we can show how many people get BBP and user BOINC, but we could no longer claim those as our unique users.  While we've not been able to capitalize on the potential PR value of Team BiblePay yet, I think it is there.

We have enough exchanges: With the addition of Cryptobridge and the upcoming addition of Coinexchange, in addition to SouthXchange, QIEX and C-Cex, we have enough markets to provide stability.  Sure, the last two have had some issues, but the first two should provide enough market stability.  The only other exchanges we should be courting would be top 40 exchanges and many of those don't accept paid listings so for all practical purposes, I think we are where we need to be with that.

I do believe we need to seriously consider two moderate changes to the coin.

The first is to remove the Dark Gravity Wave component from the PoDC and Sanctuary payments and keep it solely for the PoBH (heat mining) payments.  This would still protect against an influx of hash rate, but would allow investors to have a more dependable ROI for Sanctuaries.  In the last month I've seen payments range from approximately 3900 to approximately 4600.  This is a variation of nearly 20%, and adds too much complexity to the coin, skews the potential maximum emissions and I believe would be of benefit to change.  It would also make Sanctuaries and PoDC miners get equal rewards, whereas right now, PoDC gets more in a day than the collective sum of winning Sanctuaries.  In short, give the lucky Sanctuary 38.5% of the current block maximum, rather than the DGW Modified value.

The second is put a lower cap on the emission, preventing it from going below 200 BBP per block (before accounting for the budgetary parameters).  This would mean no max supply, but would only add approximately 7% to the current theoretical maximum every 50 years.  This would send a message that 1) we intended to be around more than 50 years and 2) Will still be supporting our charities and having a workable budget.

While we could discuss either of these points further down the line, I think considering them now, while we're still relatively young, would be best.

Hi West,

Thank you for your reply Rob, I thought the emission would stop completely, but the reality of things seems reasonable to me.

Very excited about the DAHF btw! I think that this can become our 'killer app'.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:38:32 PM

I can only hear the crickets chirping...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: