Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 01:33:24 AM

Alright, its time to reveal the DAHF concept to the general public.

Please see this thread:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=238.msg4041#msg4041

Biblepay directors, please let me know if I left out any important concepts.  And all please ask as much as possible if the concepts are hazy.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 02:54:03 AM

Bill Wiese Addresses Atheists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj7QX0uPOOQ

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:22:03 AM

Letter writing bounty increased in pool.biblepay.org!

Current Approved Letter Writing Bounty: 1804.68

Letter Bounties Paid (Paid / Funds donated to Pool): (30768.32/500000)

We are seeking approx. 100 letters in the next 30 days.

I got an idea how we could potentially always have as many letters written as needed and also increase BiblePay adoption along the way.

Enter Bounty0x. First please read this captivating article:

"Crypto Bounty Hunting Is Becoming a High-Tech Way Out of Poverty"
https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-bounty-hunting-is-offering-a-way-out-of-poverty/

Now take a look at the platform:

https://beta.bounty0x.io/bounties

So the idea is that we post a bounty for writing letters. We already have an amazing guide for letter writing at https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/#letterwriting (thanks to Jaap and others), so it's easy to make it into a bounty listing at Bounty0x. I can see our bounty listed under the category "Article writing", as it's the most related one. A great thing is that the bounty hunters will be paid in BBP, which is great for increasing awareness about the existence of BiblePay. Even if some of them just instantly sell it, those are small amounts which will not dump the price, and at least we will have the letters written.

Regarding the obvious - letter quality, I don't know what to expect, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try. I made a test account as a bounty host and on the create bounty page there are few interesting restrictions to fill, such as the maximum number of times a single person can claim the bounty, but also which countries are forbidden from participating. Of course, the incentive to do these sorts of tasks is much larger for someone living in a poorer country, as we have seen in the article, but I think some of them generally have a good knowledge of English, while some don't. I'm generalizing here, but for example I would allow India, but not China.

What's not to disregard here is the fact that by doing this we will not only help the orphans and BiblePay adoption, but also people like Crypto Shaolin from the article, by adding one more source of income to their assortment of bounty tasks.

I see there is some sort of verification required for bounty hosts, so if Togo or anyone with a @biblepay.org email address is interested in making this happen, go for it if the community approves. Hit me up on Discord if you have any questions.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

Letter writing bounty increased in pool.biblepay.org!

Current Approved Letter Writing Bounty: 1804.68

Letter Bounties Paid (Paid / Funds donated to Pool): (30768.32/500000)

We are seeking approx. 100 letters in the next 30 days.

I got an idea how we could potentially always have as many letters written as needed and also increase BiblePay adoption along the way.

Enter Bounty0x. First please read this captivating article:

"Crypto Bounty Hunting Is Becoming a High-Tech Way Out of Poverty"
https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-bounty-hunting-is-offering-a-way-out-of-poverty/

Now take a look at the platform:

https://beta.bounty0x.io/bounties

So the idea is that we post a bounty for writing letters. We already have an amazing guide for letter writing at https://www.biblepay.org/freebbp/#letterwriting (thanks to Jaap and others), so it's easy to make it into a bounty listing at Bounty0x. I can see our bounty listed under the category "Article writing", as it's the most related one. A great thing is that the bounty hunters will be paid in BBP, which is great for increasing awareness about the existence of BiblePay. Even if some of them just instantly sell it, those are small amounts which will not dump the price, and at least we will have the letters written.

Regarding the obvious - letter quality, I don't know what to expect, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try. I made a test account as a bounty host and on the create bounty page there are few interesting restrictions to fill, such as the maximum number of times a single person can claim the bounty, but also which countries are forbidden from participating. Of course, the incentive to do these sorts of tasks is much larger for someone living in a poorer country, as we have seen in the article, but I think some of them generally have a good knowledge of English, while some don't. I'm generalizing here, but for example I would allow India, but not China.

What's not to disregard here is the fact that by doing this we will not only help the orphans and BiblePay adoption, but also people like Crypto Shaolin from the article, by adding one more source of income to their assortment of bounty tasks.

I see there is some sort of verification required for bounty hosts, so if Togo or anyone with a @biblepay.org email address is interested in making this happen, go for it if the community approves. Hit me up on Discord if you have any questions.

Thanks for the research inblue!

Technically, I think this is pretty doable. I've scrolled through the whitepaper, and if I'm correct, we need to stake some BNTY  (as an anti-fraud measure) in order to be able to use their platform. But I couldn't really find out how much that would be.
Also, we would have a so called 'external bounty', and not really make use of their smart-contracts, it would be more of a portal for us. I guess that, yeah, getting listed there will give us some exposure at the very least, and hopefully also some good letter writers.

Practically, in my opinion, in the first place we are looking for writers that have - christian - values that align with BiblePay. I think that if we decide to use that platform, we should make very clear what we expect from the written letters. There are people with values that align with BiblePay's all over the world of course. And also, we have taken measures that try to enforce that only high-quality letters are being sent.

So all-in-all I think that this is certainly something to consider. If we go forward with this, I guess that it's best if Togo can pick this up Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

Alright, its time to reveal the DAHF concept to the general public.

Please see this thread: https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=238.msg4041#msg4041

Biblepay directors, please let me know if I left out any important concepts.  And all please ask as much as possible if the concepts are hazy.

Mining - are the hard drives being used as a decentralized store for the financial data? Like FileCoin but a specific use case?

I was not sure how you were going to tie in a retirement plan use case, but this sounds like an innovative alternative to 401(k), 403(b). I'm truly excited there's an inclusion plan for BiblePay.

Is there a charity aspect to this as well such as 10% profit go to the charities?

Please post on the DAHF thread.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:37:49 PM

All outbound orphan letters have been sent.

We had a great letter writing month!  Approx. 75 letters were created and they seemed to be very high quality!

Thanks everyone!

It had been mentioned in the past that at some point we might look into having one individual accept the responsibility to write to a specific orphan in an exclusive manner so as to foster a relationship between the two as opposed to the ad-hoc system that is in place where (very likely) each orphan will receive letters from multiple voices but not building a relationship.  The normal intent of the letter writing is not just that the recipient gets mail, but rather that the sender begins to learn more about the recipient and their situation.

Is there any way to discuss this in more detail or implement it in the near future?

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 10:55:42 PM

All outbound orphan letters have been sent.

We had a great letter writing month!  Approx. 75 letters were created and they seemed to be very high quality!

Thanks everyone!

It had been mentioned in the past that at some point we might look into having one individual accept the responsibility to write to a specific orphan in an exclusive manner so as to foster a relationship between the two as opposed to the ad-hoc system that is in place where (very likely) each orphan will receive letters from multiple voices but not building a relationship.  The normal intent of the letter writing is not just that the recipient gets mail, but rather that the sender begins to learn more about the recipient and their situation.

Is there any way to discuss this in more detail or implement it in the near future?
Yes, we can add the feature to the pool soon.

I think where we stopped is trying to figure out when we should put a child back up on the adoption list (after the sponsor is derelict in letter writing duties and does nothing).

So I think we will have a 'letter writing adoption list' of available children to be adopted (this would currently be all of them) , then a pool user may adopt-a-child for letter writing responsibilities.  Once they pick the child the 'account' page would show who they are responsible for.

If they fail to write a letter within say: 60 days, for example, the child would be stripped from them and put back in the pool (in the adoption list).

I suppose thats all we really need.  The children that are adopted wont be in the general letter writing list.

Maybe we send a reminder warning email after 30 days of inactivity reminding them they must write a letter within 30 days or lose the child.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:03:24 PM

I think where we stopped is trying to figure out when we should put a child back up on the adoption list (after the sponsor is derelict in letter writing duties and does nothing).

So I think we will have a 'letter writing adoption list' of available children to be adopted (this would currently be all of them) , then a pool user may adopt-a-child for letter writing responsibilities.  Once they pick the child the 'account' page would show who they are responsible for.

If they fail to write a letter within say: 60 days, for example, the child would be stripped from them and put back in the pool (in the adoption list).

I suppose thats all we really need.  The children that are adopted wont be in the general letter writing list.

Maybe we send a reminder warning email after 30 days of inactivity reminding them they must write a letter within 30 days or lose the child.

I'm hopeful that can be hashed out in the near future as it was an exciting way to get people more involved.  If I recall, it was discussed that a letter could be paid no more frequently then once per 30 days but had to be done at least every 60 days or the orphan returned to the general pool.  But it would be great to see!

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:51:37 AM

I'm hopeful that can be hashed out in the near future as it was an exciting way to get people more involved.  If I recall, it was discussed that a letter could be paid no more frequently then once per 30 days but had to be done at least every 60 days or the orphan returned to the general pool.  But it would be great to see!

Good point

When I wrote the letter I would like to see answer as well. It can not be just generating letters to many orphans without any feedback. Now the system doesn't motivate to write a letter. I wrote a letter one month ago, still without answer, I dont know how it works exactly but Im still waiting for answer. My letter have a status approved, sent and paid (I didnt receive anything for that Im not sure if you should receive some bbp for writing letters but if yes something doesnt work).
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 04:58:27 AM

Is this on the roadmap to include letter writing in the QT wallet itself? Seems like a good way to also bring notifications to the QT wallet somehow if letter writing "parent" is tied to a CPID?

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

It seems there is another strange block around there, half of my MNs have all stopped just at 65736 and then expired.
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:03:08 AM

Good point

When I wrote the letter I would like to see answer as well. It can not be just generating letters to many orphans without any feedback. Now the system doesn't motivate to write a letter. I wrote a letter one month ago, still without answer, I dont know how it works exactly but Im still waiting for answer. My letter have a status approved, sent and paid (I didnt receive anything for that Im not sure if you should receive some bbp for writing letters but if yes something doesnt work).

If everything went correctly, you should have been paid in your pool-account. I've written a bunch of letters in the past and have gotten paid.

Also, maybe it would be a good idea if we have some sort of alert-service, where the sender of the last letter gets a notification if that child has sent a reply (via the email-address you used to register on the pool).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:04:04 AM

It seems there is another strange block around there, half of my MNs have all stopped just at 65736 and then expired.

I don't remember the exact block, but some of my Sanctuaries also stopped.

lalexcross

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:20:21 AM

I don't remember the exact block, but some of my Sanctuaries also stopped.
The client also close correctly alone
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:24:25 AM

Good point

If the letter says 'sent' then I can assure you Compassion got it.  Sometimes there is a 4 month delay in it reaching the child however.
I got a call a couple days ago about a letter someone wrote and asked How is it in Nicaragua and the child live in Spain.
Anyway my point is the letter was just being translated and it was from 3 months ago.  Yesterday I got a call about letters we sent this month, so I think it has to do with the backlog of the office doing the translation.

Anyway next there is no guarantee a child is going to respond to you specifically.  You can read all the inbound letters.  The child is obligated to write one letter for Compassion a month I believe, but there is no guarantee they have your last letter at the time they are writing.

But I do believe the adoption system will help immensely because then we will be able to promote a personal relationship between a real person (not an anonymous miner) and a real orphan, and that would be great Smiley.  Maybe we will then see a consistent flow of communication back and forth and expose any delays.

From our side, we send the letters on the third friday of the month and compassion gets them the next day at the corporate office, then they have to send them out to individual branch offices for translation.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:29:37 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 11:45:02 AM by bible_pay

So now you have to realize it takes a couple months to deliver a letter to a child across the globe, and to the church branch office after translation, so that part is easy.

Everyone is paid for letter writing, the pool has never ripped anyone by even a penny.     Please send me the letter added date and Ill track it if the txlist does not contain the 'letter_writing_bounty'.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

Did our recovery mode catch it or are they not yet on that new version yet?

Mine look OK today, but I do see 2 that say restart required all of a sudden.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

Same here, expired, restart required about 12 hours ago.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:12:24 PM

Same here, expired, restart required about 12 hours ago.

We recently added a feature to 1.1.4.5 to allow a node to recover.  I'm pushing this (on the linux side) to the latest version now so we can upgrade to this version (if we find we need to upgrade nodes today).

Did these sancs in question crash, or fork, or are they still synced guys?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

Decimal Separator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator#Hindu%E2%80%93Arabic_numeral_system

I didnt know so many people did it differently LOL
How do we please both sides?

12,900 vs 12.900 vs 12 900?

Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: