Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:21:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 04:35:19 PM

oh, and while I'm here... it seems that my address changes quite regularly.
What address do I have to enter in the pool?
Any of them?

Since we are based off of Dash, we inherited a lot of those features, but once you have your initial set of addresses you should not keep seeing new ones, instead you have control over the small list - if you are in QT you have to manually add one in File | Receiving Addresses | Add.  But you can re-use the existing ones.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:37:47 PM

If any of the devs want a fun project:

The linux wallet boots in roughly 10 seconds or so now, which appears to be great, with about half of that time consumed in memorizeprayers (in DeserializePrayersFromFile).

The windows wallet however boots quicker than the past, now that it is quickly checking blocks (same time as linux consumed), but memorizeprayers still seems to lag on windows.  You can try to figure out why windows is slower in DeserializePrayersFromFile() <-- thats the function that is 400% slower in windows. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

Jaap, we received 100 new pool users today, so it appears the airdrop is working!  Great Job!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:19:11 PM

Jaap, we received 100 new pool users today, so it appears the airdrop is working!  Great Job!

That is great news!

Those that are trying to receive faucet payment... they run into error which was mentioned before.

Withdrawal Error
Sorry, CPID does not have enough RAC (Rac is currently reading at -2). Please ensure you have switched your team to Biblepay, and your RAC > 100 in either Rosetta@Home or World Community Grid.

How often does pool.biblepay.org pull in RAC data from Rosetta@Home and WCG? Is it pulled in on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? Just want to set correct expectations with new members.

Is the correct place to see RAC for airdrop, Reports > Rosetta Machine Leaderboard View on pool.biblepay.org ?

https://imgur.com/a/ZoQFsQa

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:58:11 AM

That is great news!

Those that are trying to receive faucet payment... they run into error which was mentioned before.

Withdrawal Error
Sorry, CPID does not have enough RAC (Rac is currently reading at -2). Please ensure you have switched your team to Biblepay, and your RAC > 100 in either Rosetta@Home or World Community Grid.

How often does pool.biblepay.org pull in RAC data from Rosetta@Home and WCG? Is it pulled in on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? Just want to set correct expectations with new members.

Is the correct place to see RAC for airdrop, Reports > Rosetta Machine Leaderboard View on pool.biblepay.org ?

I've updated the guide on biblepay-central to better reflect the fact that it can take a while before the faucet detects your RAC.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:01:56 AM

Jaap, we received 100 new pool users today, so it appears the airdrop is working! Great Job!

Woohoo! Cool Now let's hope that we can squeeze a bunch of new long-term users out of this airdrop.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

Thanks again for your kind answers!

So, I can setup my "own" personal address, am I right?
How do I do this, in an Ubuntu CLI-only environment? (CLI wallet..)

Thanks again
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:06:23 AM

tibyboune https://launchpad.net/~lichtsucher/+archive/ubuntu/biblepay

tybiboune

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:57:25 AM

thanks for the link, but what I meant is...
I already installed everything, and got everything running fine.
Now, if I'd like to create my "own personal" BBP address, how am I supposed to do, using Ubuntu 16 with the CLI version?
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

Now, if I'd like to create my "own personal" BBP address, how am I supposed to do, using Ubuntu 16 with the CLI version?

You can use the following command:
Code:
./biblepay-cli getaccountaddress "INSERT_NAME"

INSERT_NAME = the name you want to give this address in your address-book. For example:

./biblepay-cli getaccountaddress "donations"

You now should see a Biblepay Address in a new line.

You can show all your labeled accounts by using the following command:
Code:
./biblepay-cli listaccounts

Ans I'm sure there are also other ways Smiley

tybiboune

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:29:41 PM

Thanks!
So I did that, and now I have two "accounts" when I use "./biblepay-cli listaccounts" :
 "": 2908.87995899,
 "thenameichose": 0.00000000

the "" address is one that changes every once in a while... and the other one has 0 BBP

So what I'd like to do now, is use my "thenameichose" address everywhere: on the pool, on the faucets, for eventual transactions...
And have my "2908.something" BBP on that "thenameichose" address Smiley

Is that possible?

Thanks again! And sorry for the dumb questions =((

Code:

INSERT_NAME = the name you want to give this address in your address-book. For example:

Code:

jaapgvk

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:52:30 PM

Thanks!
So I did that, and now I have two "accounts" when I use "./biblepay-cli listaccounts" :
 "": 2908.87995899,
 "thenameichose": 0.00000000

the "" address is one that changes every once in a while... and the other one has 0 BBP

So what I'd like to do now, is use my "thenameichose" address everywhere: on the pool, on the faucets, for eventual transactions...
And have my "2908.something" BBP on that "thenameichose" address Smiley

Is that possible?

Thanks again! And sorry for the dumb questions =((

Code:

Code:

Hmm... I understand what you want.

It's nice to have one address on which you can receive and send all payments (although from a safety-perspective it's not ideal). But Bitcoin and it's derivatives (like BiblePay) work with something called 'change addresses'. If you pay someone, this transaction will spend ALL BBP that is on the spending address. For example, if you have 1000 BBP on an address, and send someone 1 BBP, it will actually spend the whole 1000 BBP and send the change (999 BBP) to a new address.

Technically this could be same address than the one you spent from, but I'm not sure about the technicalities behind that. Practically, you can receive anything on any address, but spending works differently (although you can select inputs manually when you want to send coins).

I guess this is also the reason why the "" address is changing. Your wallet is sending BBP to stake a couple of times a day (it's sending it to itself, but it's still a transaction), so it's spending BBP from some particular address (or addresses, since a payments can have multiple addresses as input, if the balance on one address is too low), and sends it to the staking address.

But your wallet works as a whole, including all addresses. Your wallet just shows the total balance of all addresses.

Not sure if I answered your question now, haha! Short answer: maybe it's possible, but it's difficult and our system is not meant to operate in that way.

tybiboune

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:01:08 PM

mmm I think I kinda get it =D

But...what address do I need to put in the "auto withdraw" form on the biblepay.org pool? Any of them?
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:36:50 PM

mmm I think I kinda get it =D

But...what address do I need to put in the "auto withdraw" form on the biblepay.org pool? Any of them?

Yeah, you can use any of them. I don't know the command for linux to show all the addresses you have used in the past. But you can use any of those addresses at anytime in the future. They stay yours and are stored in your wallet.dat.

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:42:51 PM

BBP video review provided by Love for Crypto Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TjKcsTEkpI
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:34:23 PM

Jaap, we received 100 new pool users today, so it appears the airdrop is working!  Great Job!

That is great news!

Withdrawal Error

The pool gets its info from the sancs once every 4 hours.

It can take up to 24 hours for the faucet to induct your RAC.  They just need to crunch 24 hours before trying.
(This is because both Rosetta and WCG have different data export rules for new RAC.   We don't use web sites, the sancs go directly to the boinc export files).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

** COMPASSION MONTHLY PAYMENTS MADE, and general update **

So with the 90% drop in masternode coin values in general, we have experienced a brutal month, with biblepay dropping in value approx. 50% and therefore all of our charity expenses facing extreme strain to maintain the same level of quality before the event.

The biggest challenge this month was our recurring payment to compassion.com.  We sponsor 309 monthly recurring orphans and usually pay a minimum of $11,742 plus any additional excess goes toward our 'prepaid sponsorship' program which aims for a 6 month buffer to prevent devastation of attrition (which we have only achieved half of).

Unfortunately this month we were only able to raise $7716 for Compassion, meaning we were unable to pay the premiums for 103 of our 309 children (IE we fell short by 33%), requiring us to seek funds from our prepaid sponsorship buffer to make up for the shortfall. 

The great news is we are still fully funded this month, but the bad news is we had to take a large step back by recording a prepaid sponsorship deficit of -103 children this month (See accountability | Expenses).

I think our most important mission at BiblePay is to fund our orphans before any other expenses.  In light of this, short of a miracle, during next month's governance process, I recommend that we allocate a higher portion of our expenses to Compassion, possibly as high as 90% of our entire budget, and let's cut back on every other expense including payroll unless it is absolutely mission critical.  I've skipped my payroll this month and my expense report for Exchange in order to push it into the future. 

I believe we should attempt to operate on a 70-80% reduction to our normal expense budget after leaving 90% available for compassion, unless our price recovers by more than 40% within the next 30 days.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.4.6f
Leisure Upgrade

- Merge in Mac compiling change to crypter.cpp
- Prevent crash in getchaintips
- Modify Sanctuary business logic to help ensure the chain stays synced
- Add HealthCheckup feature to help recover during a fork
- Add deterministic ddos of invalid blocks to help prevent ddossing good nodes (help prevent forks)

I highly recommend sancs upgrade to this version within 7 days to prevent future forks.  Also any normal user who goes out of sync, please upgrade to the latest version.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

BiblePay - 1.1.4.6f
Leisure Upgrade

- Merge in Mac compiling change to crypter.cpp
- Prevent crash in getchaintips
- Modify Sanctuary business logic to help ensure the chain stays synced
- Add HealthCheckup feature to help recover during a fork
- Add deterministic ddos of invalid blocks to help prevent ddossing good nodes (help prevent forks)

I highly recommend sancs upgrade to this version within 7 days to prevent future forks.  Also any normal user who goes out of sync, please upgrade to the latest version.

MacOS version also ready (compatible with 10.12 and 10.13)

Ubuntu 18.04 users: This version should finally compile as it is compatible with both libssl 1.0. and 1.1.
jaapgvk

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:09:31 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 07:53:37 AM by jaapgvk

** COMPASSION MONTHLY PAYMENTS MADE, and general update **

So with the 90% drop in masternode coin values in general, we have experienced a brutal month, with biblepay dropping in value approx. 50% and therefore all of our charity expenses facing extreme strain to maintain the same level of quality before the event.

The biggest challenge this month was our recurring payment to compassion.com.  We sponsor 309 monthly recurring orphans and usually pay a minimum of $11,742 plus any additional excess goes toward our 'prepaid sponsorship' program which aims for a 6 month buffer to prevent devastation of attrition (which we have only achieved half of).

Unfortunately this month we were only able to raise $7716 for Compassion, meaning we were unable to pay the premiums for 103 of our 309 children (IE we fell short by 33%), requiring us to seek funds from our prepaid sponsorship buffer to make up for the shortfall.  

The great news is we are still fully funded this month, but the bad news is we had to take a large step back by recording a prepaid sponsorship deficit of -103 children this month (See accountability | Expenses).

I think our most important mission at BiblePay is to fund our orphans before any other expenses.  In light of this, short of a miracle, during next month's governance process, I recommend that we allocate a higher portion of our expenses to Compassion, possibly as high as 90% of our entire budget, and let's cut back on every other expense including payroll unless it is absolutely mission critical.  I've skipped my payroll this month and my expense report for Exchange in order to push it into the future.  

I believe we should attempt to operate on a 70-80% reduction to our normal expense budget after leaving 90% available for compassion, unless our price recovers by more than 40% within the next 30 days.

The crypto-market has taken quite the beating in the past couple of months, and although I'm confident in the long-term transformative power of cryptocurrency, I also acknowledge that currently the market isn't looking too bright.

I think that the current market should be seen as a call-for-action for BiblePay to work even harder on reaching its targets, and proving its worthiness among (and above) other cryptocurrencies. I truly believe that we have stronger fundamentals than the vast majority of other coins btw. It's probable that a lot of projects won't survive their current devaluation, but that's okay. When others perish, in my view, that will create more room for BiblePay to grow.

Our current marketcap is hovering around 800k. One could say that there isn't much downside-potential and a LOT of upside potential. We've got some pretty sweet PR-possibilities coming up ('DAHF proof-of-concept' and the 'Blockchain Superstars tv-show' among other things). The airdrop is going nicely also. I think that reaching new users with proper marketing should be one of our main goals now.

Of course, there isn't much budget for marketing currently, especially if we need to allocate most of our budget to paying our sponsorships, so we'll probably have to do things a bit guerrilla-style concerning PR. Luckily, people have stepped up to help with PR.

Concerning the liquidation for Compassion: I truly hope that the monthly liquidation won't drive our price down even more. But on the other hand, this is a great time for people that believe in the project to scoop up some cheap coins. If you ever wanted to start a masternode, the next couple of months are probably a good time to collect coins.

I will forgo asking payment for hours spent on BiblePay for the time being. I don't mind. I just hope that we can keep our sponsorships. I think that sponsorships and PR should be the main focus for our budget until further notice.

Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: