Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 134k unconfirmed transactions now. I'm starting to get really worried about this  (Read 5957 times)
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:57:51 PM

Wow now the count is at almost 174k unconfirmed transactions... seems like many will loose faith in bitcoin and move to other coins....

I have, I am a small-time miner that is in it for profit, will bills coming up I need trade bitcoin to a fiat to get cash. With this uncertainty that my bitcoin will  be stuck for weeks I have switched from mining at nicehash to other pools that pay to a exchange wallet, I will then convert Zcash, BCH, and XMR to Litcoin or ether and maybe buy the pump. But in reality it is the only way to get cash out of the market for bills and other cost. It will better the altcoin market to a fair value after all the negative news and panic sale that have happened this year

With 174k unconfirmed transaction and 3 blocks to 2 a hour, that queue will just keep growing, there no FIFO, it is based on a fee market, high fees win which means less profit for me, and I also don't have the time to waste on waiting, already $450 down the drain that be $200 if and when I get it.

Hello:

I didn't know that a private person could still mine and make a living.  I haven't sold any BTC during the last couple days but I bought quite a bid even up until late last night and did not experience any delay...do you want to sell your BTC directly to me - I'd be gladly to buy it off your hand if the price is right ?😊

I always want to ask a miner:  if the large pool miners leave BTC, how quickly the difficulty level drop ? Wouldn't that be beneficial for you with less competition ?

Is there a best way for someone like me to start mining ? I know the equipment is getting so ridiculous- but if I could invest some money to mine my own I wouldn't mind...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JumPerz09

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:04:42 PM

its funny how other tell us not to worry on unconfirmed transactions.
I mean man how can you trade if you cant confirm? where it the trading there? how can it grow?
having 100k plus unconfirmed transactions if not solve will kill bitcoin itself..

high fees and slow confirmation then we are doom Sad sad
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:09:59 PM

I have the same problem with a transaction of 0,05btc on coinbase

Coinbase is a Segwit 2X supporter - of course they we'll slow you down... I bought some BTC up until late last nigh on Bittrex - no problem of waiting there !!
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:13:15 PM

They do this on purpose, intentionally. They try to show the vulnerability of bitcoin to make BCC strong.

People won't get fooled because of jihan wu's manipulative actions. Once again, we won't get fooled into your BCC garbage.

The community will maintain strong even in the bad days and bitcoin will born from its ashed like a phoenix!

When the BCash was released I read an article that completely made sense and that´s exactly what is going on right now. The article predicted that the hard fork (the update, not a new coin) now in November would be crucial to keep BCash of no importance or to build up its network, unfortunately Bitcoin worked against its own interest, in this case I must say, when did not raise the capacity of its block from 1MB to 2MB. That raise in the block size would be fundamental to stop the clog and the bottleneck of the transaction amount. Keeping the block small does not serve the interest of the users, only of the miners who can charge or select only the higher fees to push the confirmation. With that mentality soon one will be forced to pay a $100 fee just to make a fast transfer of bitcoin, the anti-bitcoin ideal when it was created. I believe if the 2X entered into effect you´d be seeing bitcoin prices close to the $10000 in no time.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Serellyn

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:14:15 PM

its funny how other tell us not to worry on unconfirmed transactions.
I mean man how can you trade if you cant confirm? where it the trading there? how can it grow?
having 100k plus unconfirmed transactions if not solve will kill bitcoin itself..

high fees and slow confirmation then we are doom Sad sad

We tell you not to worry because this is not the first it has happened and it will surely happen again, if you really need to trade that much, pay an above average fee or use one of those services that will mine your transaction for you once the fee isn't too small. As said, this has happened before, this will not have long term effects on bitcoin.
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

My 700$ BTC pending up to 15 hours but i did't know about 134k transaction still unconfirmed.I am very disappointed for my transaction is unconfirmed.
I hope within 24 hours this problem is solved.
Miners will be returned to BTC tomorrow because BCH blockchain will have 400% difficulty.
Don't forget there is a fork tomorrow to  fix just what you said Wink
Now it`s A LOT OF BLOCKS per hour. Fork will fix it too, so miners`ll leave it.
BCH is big fucking pumped Chinese and Korean SCUM.
Roger Ver is Antichrist. Follow BTC holy way!
  ▲
▲ ▲

ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:18:56 PM

i also have one unconfirmed transaction on coinbase.
So far I have 4 unconfirmed transaction, total amount 11btc

Are those all your transactions? I may know someone who might help, PM

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:33:25 PM

I also made a transaction to send more than $300 but until now it is not yet confirmed and i am starting to worry also because i believe that bitcoin is faster and even better than before so i think that it will not have a stuck confirmation but until now there is a lot of unconfirmed transaction and i hope that in the next few days, all of the unconfirmed transaction will be alright.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:46:01 PM

It has increased to 173,372 transactions. Considering a single block can accommodate ~2,000 transactions, it is going to take another 80-90 blocks to clear this backlog. And I have noticed something really weird. Check this:

https://blockchain.info/blocks

Check block # 494078 (mined by Bitfury). They wasted around 800 KB. Seriously? Right now they need to do that?
SynAck

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:03:03 PM

Looking at fork.lol charts BCH hashrate just went to double that of BTC, its currently more than 50% of the total hashrate.
It seems like most of the miners moved to BCH and more are following, at this pace bitcoin core will be dead very soon since it will be even more difficult to confirm transactions.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Looking at fork.lol charts BCH hashrate just went to double that of BTC, its currently more than 50% of the total hashrate.
It seems like most of the miners moved to BCH and more are following, at this pace bitcoin core will be dead very soon since it will be even more difficult to confirm transactions.

In two hours BCH will be 4x harder to mine. The miners will migrate back to BTC. They only care about which coin makes them the most money and this was all coordinated to mess with Bitcoin as much as possible.

Soon enough things will be back to relative normal. You can't coerce an entire system with those tactics.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

It is 176.7k already)
that number will decrease in a couple of hours, when miners will go back from BTCash
Platonicus

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:22:05 PM

Agree.

It is 176.7k already)
that number will decrease in a couple of hours, when miners will go back from BTCash
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:22:48 PM

I really don't like that the BCH supporters use such practices as spamming Bitcoin with thousands of fake transactions to damage it. They really think that this way they will convince people to switch to BCH? If nothing else, this is the reason I never want to have anything to do with BCH.

MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

The guys behind bitcoin cash are just a bunch of manipulators who just want to earn quick money, even if it means damaging the whole bitcoin community. Hopefully they will spend all their bitcoins on this crap very soon and leave us alone with full bags of useless BCH shitcoins.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:33:33 PM

I'm starting to get really worried about this. Me too bro. I make some transactions in last days and already have 0 confirmations.

I have one transaction that hasn't get a confirmation yet after two days. But I remain calm because in the past I ever get a confirmation after a very long waiting. As bitcoin user I am aware that something like this can happen at anytime.

SynAck

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:37:36 PM

I'm starting to get really worried about this. Me too bro. I make some transactions in last days and already have 0 confirmations.

I have one transaction that hasn't get a confirmation yet after two days. But I remain calm because in the past I ever get a confirmation after a very long waiting. As bitcoin user I am aware that something like this can happen at anytime.

I don't think that this situation where 178k+ transactions are not confirmed (and growing) ever happened in btc history.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:39:46 PM

We have had this before, these manipulators will get tired in a few days, especially now when Bitcoin cash pump s over. Fucking manipulators and scammers.

Then people come and say we should all switch. Yeah, right!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SynAck

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:41 PM

We have had this before, these manipulators will get tired in a few days, especially now when Bitcoin cash pump s over. Fucking manipulators and scammers.

Excuse me but when did we had 179k+ unconfirmed transactions before in the past? I don't recall such thing and I'm with bitcoin since its birth...
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:46:54 PM

It's a really cheap attempt of promoting and convincing more people to use the currency. It's really sad it has come to this but i saw this coming from a mile away. I think i even read about potential spamming of the network back in August when I joined this forum. Manipulation is not the way to overcome your competition, Bcash lost this fight when they started it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: