Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JSEcoin  (Read 41196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JSEcoin (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:10:37 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 07:28:20 AM by JSEcoin

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
Live platform since August 2017 - ICO starts 11th July 2018
https://jsecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaveMallettJSE

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:11:14 PM

Great to get the official ANN thread started at last. Thanks to everyone that has supported us since we opened up the platform.

Any questions or feedback then please let us know.
johntwo

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:13:15 PM

Great to get the official ANN thread started at last. Thanks to everyone that has supported us since we opened up the platform.

Any questions or feedback then please let us know.

If a webmaster adds this code to the site does it mine without the visitor's affirmative permission?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 07:13:27 PM

Can someone explain what is the USP of this coin I didn't get it?Huh

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:21:49 PM

Hi johntwo,

We operate as transparently as possible and a privacy notice is displayed to the end user which includes an opt-out link. It would not be possible to run an opt-in system for all the same reasons it is not possible to run opt-in digital advertising. We inform the user that the site is monetized with cryptocurrency mining and give them the option to opt-out if they do not wish to participate. From a user-experience point of view our code is not resource intensive and will not slow down page load times or negatively affect browsing. This makes the system less intrusive than traditional website monetization methods.

JSEcoin is a browser mined blockchain, powered by webmasters and built for mainstream adoption
CryptoNinja11

Activity: 410
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 07:28:02 PM

Glad you guys have an official thread now.

I tested JSE coin on CryptoNinja.co and while it did run pretty seemlessly, I did notice some scrolling issues in my browser. It was very minor, but in the end I decided to disable JSEcoin. I think a throttle would be helpfull so webmasters can "dial it back". I would use it if it was totally undetectable. It's a better model than ads, IMO.

Thanks and good luck!

ETA: Another nice feature of JSE is that anyone can mine the coin in their browser.
johntwo

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Hi johntwo,

We operate as transparently as possible and a privacy notice is displayed to the end user which includes an opt-out link. It would not be possible to run an opt-in system for all the same reasons it is not possible to run opt-in digital advertising. We inform the user that the site is monetized with cryptocurrency mining and give them the option to opt-out if they do not wish to participate. From a user-experience point of view our code is not resource intensive and will not slow down page load times or negatively affect browsing. This makes the system less intrusive than traditional website monetization methods.

Thanks for the response.  I'm not a big fan of websites accessing user hardware, but I suppose if you don't do this, someone else will, and at least you have an opt-out.  Another two sets of questions:

1) what are webmasters expected to do with the coins you give them?  Sell them on an exchange?  What is the incentive for buyers on the exchange?
2) is it possible to mine this coin right now if I'm not a webmaster? what is the algo/blocktime etc?

Thanks for taking the time.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

Hi rpjacobs thanks for dropping by.

JohnTwo:
1) We have a section on page10 of the whitepaper on future use cases. I'll post it here too (sorry about the long post)

Our primary ambition and end goal is to create a cryptocurrency that is adopted globally by a mainstream audience. Our best chance of getting to that stage is to produce a platform that is focused on the needs of webmasters and accessible to everyone.

We intend to release merchant tools that will allow webmasters to use JSEcoin for taking digital payments via their websites.

• Shopping carts
  • Pay buttons
  • SaaS subscriptions
  • Digital downloads
  • Digital marketing
  • Software sales
  • Website membership subscriptions

Anything purchased through a website should be available to pay with cryptocurrency - JSEcoin could lead the way in making this possible and simple for webmasters.

With webmasters on board, it will be easier to convince the mainstream audiences to the benefits of digital currency over traditional fiat currency. If a consumer can easily purchase and use a cryptocurrency, then many will see the deflationary appeal as a big incentive over inflationary local currency.

Advertising

If demand at ICO is not high enough to generate funds required to target mainstream audiences we could fall back to offering an advertising service where JSEcoin is the currency used to trade digital ad space. This was our original idea for the platform before we realized how much mainstream demand there was for a cryptocurrency platform.

We currently have 4216 websites that have opted-in to display advertising if it were to become available. The code snippet is already in place on sites so nothing further would be required from the webmasters.

The advertising space could be sold to affiliate marketers and digital media buyers creating additional demand for JSEcoin on the exchanges.

Webmasters would be rewarded with additional funds in JSE and statistics would be available to show how much of the rewards were coming from mining vs advertising.

2a) You can try the self-mining that CryptoNinja11 mentioned. This is available via the platform at https://platform.jsecoin.com

2b) secp256k1,SHA256,30seconds

DaveMallettJSE

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:08:17 PM

Can someone explain what is the USP of this coin I didn't get it?Huh

We believe we have a first mover advantage since we launced in august and to our knowledge there is no other live Javascript based mining platform for webmasters which are planning an ICO. We're the first browser miner operating transparently with minimal impact on user experience.
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:09:17 PM

One more thing to note is that the publisher rewards algorithm doesn't work like bitcoin. We reward unique visitors rather than difficulty of hash found. This makes the system resilient to high powered mining hardware.

More information on that is available here: https://jsecoin.com/technical/

rod1

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:24:38 PM

Finally the long-awaited "ANN", now just need to speak positively or neutrally JSEcoin, in some specialized media.

To continue working so that the project is achieved, and who knows, maybe it will be valued above 100 USD by JSE.

Mejor parecer tonto por preguntar, Que ignorar...
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:28:35 PM

Big supporter of this project, good to see a nice ANN page for $JSE on here. Been platform mining for about a month and a half now and have gotten good results. Good luck team.  Smiley

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
arghabd

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

LET'S CREATE OUR WEALTH ALTOGETHER

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:19:05 PM

Good to see the thread of JSEcoin. Hope everybody would understand the potential of this coin. I have already mined couple of coins by browser mining. Wishing all the best to JSEcoin!  Smiley

One question @JSEcoin how to increse the browser mining? What is the approximate date of launching JSEcoin browser mining app for desktop and mobile?

SUPPORT*EARN*AIRDROP*CRYPTOWAVE NODE ICO*CRYPTOWAYS.COM*YOUR WAY TO WEALTH
PASSIVECOIN.ORG*LIMITED COIN WITH UNLIMITED VALUE*GET ON STOCKS.EXCHANGE
sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:21:29 PM

I'll run the self-miner for a bit and see how it goes  Grin
Also; how does your referral system work? Will I gain 10% of any purchase they make or do I only gain JSEcoin for their registration

JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:11:32 AM

Hi everyone thank you for your kind comments.

@arghabd, you can increase the hash rate using the settings button on the mining page.
Desktop app is finished we just need to tidy up the code and do a few checks before it's released later this month hopefully. Mobile app is going to take a little longer because we are having difficulties getting much performance out of mobile devices for mining.

@sailthor, you can get your affiliate link from the referrals page on the platform at https://platform.jsecoin.com
Payout is on registration (when a user clicks the link in their confirmation email) rather than a percentage of any purchases.
These are the current terms as of 14th Nov 2017 but please check payouts/terms on the platform as these will likely change in the future and this post wont be updated.
Payout: 3.50 JSE per confirmed user account
(Double Opt-in CPA Offer)
Accepted Countries: US,CA,GB,IE,AU,NZ,ZA
Currently we are unable to payout affiliate commissions for countries outside of our key target regions
Duplicate IP/accounts are rejected.
Cookie Tracking: 7 Days
Full terms at https://jsecoin.com/terms/

princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:23:30 AM

maybe this project looks very interesting, i am would like following development about this project. is there no bounty for this coin?
hopefully your project will be successful in the future. interesting project dev.
JSEcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

Princehandsome we currently don't have a bounty scheme but this is something we may offer as we get closer to the ICO to help with translation/promotions etc.

LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:35:14 AM

Great, at last the project is available on the forum. With you on the platform for more than a month  Smiley

Princehandsome we currently don't have a bounty scheme but this is something we may offer as we get closer to the ICO to help with translation/promotions etc.

Look at the bounty portal. In general, on social networks (twitter \ fb \ telegram), a convenient option
gamechain

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:41:17 AM

I can provide the Chinese translation ,if you need,PM me
cryptovore

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Glad to see the ANN live here. I'm one of the earliest adopters of this (user number 90, if I'm not wrong) and recently I took quite a lot of heat on Steemit for this (thanks for stepping in and explaining, btw, that was very good PR).

Supporting this coin 100%.

Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
  Print  

Jump to: