Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:49:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 3079 times)
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:58:48 PM

If you want to kill Bitcoin I think the only way to do that is cut off the internet all over the world. But to cut off the internet all over the world you must be the best hacker all around the world cause I've never seen anyone can do that before or maybe something will happen and cut off the internet for a short term like War.
A good opinion and I totally agree with your opinion.
Actually it is impossible to kill bitcoin because the work is related to the internet, automatically if you want to kill bitcoin must disconnect the internet first new bitcoin killed, not only bitcoin killed but office work work was also killed because most office services use the internet now.
No internet then no bitcoin that's right. Killing bitcoin must destroy first the blockchain system but it is hard to do that, even government cannot destroy bitcoin what they can do is to only regulate or prohibit the use of it in its respective country.
There is a statement often quoted about bitcoin, “You will not kill bitcoin until you demolish every single computer on this planet”. Thus we can easily understand that bitcoin have been progressing and you all know how flatly it is being prevailed all over the globe. You don’t worry, neither government nor any company or group of hackers can kill bitcoin, it will last for more and more years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:37:35 AM

I dont think bitcoin would be killed because most people like how is it going right now. And it helps a lot of people all over the world. It is also a good investment so killing bitcoin is a big no.
Sweeet123

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:46:35 PM

Well I don't think bitcoin can be killed, it is not some local phenomena that can be curbed,controlled or stopped. It is now recognized as one of the medium of payments in many countries across the globe. And now with increasing valuation of bitcoin, they are high in demand making it a very high end resource, so interrupt such a high end resource and kill it seems really unlikely
Henry27

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:48:25 AM

Why do you want to kill bitcoin, whereas many side positions of bitcoin can benefit you. I hope you change this kind of thinking, because maybe you are disappointed. Let's try to get back to have the spirit to mine in bitcoin. I myself was given a lot by bitcoin and this made my financial life change for the better.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:19:23 AM

no matter what happen bitcoin and crypto currencies will still have its users so you cannot in fact kill bitcoin is a currency that has a use for people around the world they can pay for goods that get delvired from country to country without any restrictions  there are  still people uses bitcoin as a currency despite the huge that only entered in crypto for the money
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:21:45 AM

Why would you even want to? It is serving as a great place to store value at the moment outside the FIAT banking system

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
jech1028

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:43:00 AM

I'm kind a bit late hearing this thing bitcoin. And since some of my friends are discussing money over it, my first thought on bitcoin is that it gives wealth to people, a currency that gives everyone of us an opportunity to become successful. Though people called it a scam, I don't believe them and just jump in, because I know it isn't. And now I'm so thankful to bitcoin because it teaches me a lot about everything, like, saving, investing, time management, etc. which is needed to become successful not only here in bitcoin but also in the real world.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:09:51 PM

Why do you want to kill bitcoin, whereas many side positions of bitcoin can benefit you. I hope you change this kind of thinking, because maybe you are disappointed. Let's try to get back to have the spirit to mine in bitcoin. I myself was given a lot by bitcoin and this made my financial life change for the better.

Op doesn't want to kill btc, its just for discussion and who wants to have btc cease when most of us here are earning real money from it. Governments banning and making btc illegal would be the top reason why btc will crash since it'll be illegal to use it. But i think that's far from happening since more and more governments see the potential of btc to make a change

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bachichak

Activity: 352
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:22:10 PM

Sorry that I may not be in the subject, but to destroy the BTC and not only it (all blockchaines),
we need to create special conditions when encryption on existing technology will become meaningless and useless.
It`s possible with the launch and development of a fundamentally new technology
For example quantum solutions. 
Hyper-ultra-high-speed  Shocked technology of data transfer, information processing, analysis, forecasting, etc.
Then BTC and etc will dead I think.
Well, after then it will probably be actively develop telepathy, instant data transmission, a single information center ... but this is another story  Wink
P.S. sorry for my English, forgot almost all the grammar for several years. Embarrassed I hope I wrote it more or less clearly. Do not hit hard
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:27:47 PM

theres a way to kill bitcoin as bitcoin is very fragile!
if you want to do that you just need to shutdown the internet all over the world, you can dive under the see and destroy those fibers,
bitcoin weakness is the internet it cant produce or transfer any without the presence of the internet!
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:37:53 PM

I'm kind a bit late hearing this thing bitcoin. And since some of my friends are discussing money over it, my first thought on bitcoin is that it gives wealth to people, a currency that gives everyone of us an opportunity to become successful. Though people called it a scam, I don't believe them and just jump in, because I know it isn't. And now I'm so thankful to bitcoin because it teaches me a lot about everything, like, saving, investing, time management, etc. which is needed to become successful not only here in bitcoin but also in the real world.
But i think still you have good opportunity to invest money in bitcoin and get a good profit like other people who have already got a good profit from it. In fact bitcoin price will continue increasing and will also continue giving profit to people, you just need to simply hold your bitcoin. To me i personally have invested a good amount of asstes in bitcoin in previous days, when the price of bitcoin was trading below 5000$ and still i can get a good profit from it if i will sell it, but very honestly i am not going to sell my bitcoin but will continue holding it for  some more time.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:38:36 PM

Huh
I searched how to kill Bitcoin on the search box and saw nothing, so I'll just start a new one.

Is it true that miners are the one responsible for every transactions?
If yes; why didn't the government of China just ban cryptocurrency mining or am I just missing something out?

If there are no transactions or maybe just less than 10 made transaction happened within 24 hours, how will the mining computer work then?, will it just go idle?What if people decided to hodle their coins, will it be unfair for the miners?

Huh

Simple. How would China regulate what people do in their computers. And you cannot physically destroy information. I am not that knowledgeable in the subject but I know bitcoin itself can only be "destroyed" or gone if people don't like using it any more which would least likely to happen.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Killing Bitcoin is just like wasting your time. There are several forces that makes this currency grows or go down. The world has adopted this currency and asset and sure it will be worth it much more later. China and some countries never wanted cryptocurrency era but believe it, it has come to stay.
JohnHero

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:46:42 PM

Pretty muc if you unplug the internet cable Bitcoin is as good as dead. But you see, unplugging the world's internet is ain't that simple, therefor Bitcoin is close to invincibility. Smiley
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:49:33 PM

Remove all electricity from world Smiley
ubanx

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:52:23 PM

Remove electricity? Kill the internet? Those things, at this point are merely impossible.
Plus, Bitcoin is based on trust too, so, as far as everyone believes in BTC, it won´t be "killed"
jonemil24 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:20:31 AM

Huh
I searched how to kill Bitcoin on the search box and saw nothing, so I'll just start a new one.

If yes; why didn't the government of China just ban cryptocurrency mining or am I just missing something out?

If there are no transactions or maybe just less than 10 made transaction happened within 24 hours, how will the mining computer work then?, will it just go idle?What if people decided to hodle their coins, will it be unfair for the miners?

Huh

Anymore ideas?

People nowadays see BTC as profit, they use it to multiply their earnings. They buy BTC using fiat currency and sell it to fiat. So my main question should be;
"How to stop people from gaining more profits using BTC?"

How do you buy BTC?, how will you sell it?- If the GOVERNMENT finds a way to stop these buyers and sellers, that is the way for you to KILL or STOP Bitcoin. But, the government is not taking any major action against it.

The main GOAL of Bitcoin is to stop printing more fiat currency or paper money that funds the war in this world, but people just buy Bitcoin to multiply their fiat currency.

I don't hate Bitcoin, I just want to know if the government has a way to stop it.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:40:59 PM

Huh

Huh

Anymore ideas?

People nowadays see BTC as profit, they use it to multiply their earnings. They buy BTC using fiat currency and sell it to fiat. So my main question should be;
"How to stop people from gaining more profits using BTC?"

How do you buy BTC?, how will you sell it?- If the GOVERNMENT finds a way to stop these buyers and sellers, that is the way for you to KILL or STOP Bitcoin. But, the government is not taking any major action against it.

The main GOAL of Bitcoin is to stop printing more fiat currency or paper money that funds the war in this world, but people just buy Bitcoin to multiply their fiat currency.

I don't hate Bitcoin, I just want to know if the government has a way to stop it.
I think that Bitcoin which is created by blockchain technology. which does not depend on a group or any one. If one Government ban it, the other countries accept them and Bitcoin will still live. There is no way to let all countries in the world can ban Bitcoin.

handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:30:30 PM

Well it depends, because they hold the bitcoin they can also kill it and when you lose the internet around the world they may not even be able to earn or find bitcoin because it is through technology or internet.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:34:03 PM

Huh

Huh

How to kill bitcoin? Kill the source of operations. Kill the "Internet". Bitcoin is operated through online transactions with the use of internet. If internet is deleted or devastated in the world. Then bitcoin will also die.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: