Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:08:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think bitcoin is controversial ?  (Read 3324 times)
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:32:49 PM

as we know so many reason to make controversial bit coin currency in practical or real media sanitation. if  we observe very carefully  few past few years we have seen that  criminal activities  or occurrence  are occurred by the help of hackers and trader make it famous moving thousand of dollars outside by cheating  with government law enforcement for that reason value of bitcoin increasing very high. even they make money away from center bank and government unable to hold money from general people and through this process people convert this money into different things. i think this is enough for making controversial and what do you think about my think ?
Well thats true. Using bitcoin, its very hard to trace the exact location of user and that leads to some individuals or organization using bitcoin as a medium to purchase illegal things or services. Despite of that theres also a good side of using bitcoin than the flat. So for me, i will keep using bitcoin despite of that controversial because for me i dont do anything bad against my conscience.

EdfuJihad

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:17:55 PM

I think yes? Maybe just because it is still not known and acknoweldge by the others. Still small percentage knows about bitcoin so there's a lot of research and needed to know about it for earning its credibility to its users.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:19:02 PM

I think yes? Maybe just because it is still not known and acknoweldge by the others. Still small percentage knows about bitcoin so there's a lot of research and needed to know about it for earning its credibility to its users.

Well, thats true people might think that the bitcoin is coming from a drug having an anonymous transactions because they can't track there information and trasanctions detail. Thats why government can't control bitcoins.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:28:20 PM

Hi,

Of course,  bitcoin is controversial!

It is a new tool, wth a community that can remain hidden behind online wallets and that has first developed on the so-called dark web. There are scams, frauds but also some actors playing with things they do not control.. and thus facing unexpected effects!

Bitcoin is new. It is under development. Therefore, it is controversial. Is it good or bad, can it be misused, etc..

Truth is that bitcoin is a new field full of opportunities. It is not "good" or "bad", it is just a currency. Its future depends on everyone's actions with it!

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:50:17 PM

as we know so many reason to make controversial bit coin currency in practical or real media sanitation. if  we observe very carefully  few past few years we have seen that  criminal activities  or occurrence  are occurred by the help of hackers and trader make it famous moving thousand of dollars outside by cheating  with government law enforcement for that reason value of bitcoin increasing very high. even they make money away from center bank and government unable to hold money from general people and through this process people convert this money into different things. i think this is enough for making controversial and what do you think about my think ?
Well thats true. Using bitcoin, its very hard to trace the exact location of user and that leads to some individuals or organization using bitcoin as a medium to purchase illegal things or services. Despite of that theres also a good side of using bitcoin than the flat. So for me, i will keep using bitcoin despite of that controversial because for me i dont do anything bad against my conscience.

Two things that probably make it controversial is it's anonymous feature and it's ever increasing price. Some people agrue that its a scam or an investment bubble just waiting to burst. And these are big people like jamie dimen and the chinese government saying this that's why it's getting a few negative attention

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:24:16 PM

I think it is fair to say that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are controversial. However, that doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with them. People have developed opinions and prejudices about them based on what they have heard.

We all know about Silk Road and other potential illegal uses for Bitcoin but we also know that fiat currencies are used for illegal activities all the time. There is nothing inherently bad about Bitcoin.

Governments and banks are also sometimes critical of Bitcoin because it takes power away from them and into the hands of the people.

I think the bottom line is just like any technology including the internet, there are positives and negatives to Bitcoin, but because it is so revolutionary, it’s here to stay.

I totally agree with aardvark. The fact that Bitcoin is renowned after several years due to it's rate rising over time has allowed controversies to circle in with its popularity. For me, Bitcoin has been controversial due to the fact that the image established by the media about it is mostly a misconception and due to its aspect of decentralization (since the government does not have control over it or does not benefit from it), Bitcoin has been a topic of dispute. Despite all this, as aardvark said, there are two sides of the story and each should be examined appropriately before jumping into conclusions.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:56:46 AM

Yes it is. Now a days bitcoin is the most high valued cryptocurrency. And it is continuously increasing high. So there's no way to say that bitcoin is not controversial.
Well, if we are saying the value is increasing each and every day is causing some sort of controversial, then it should be expected. However, all these controversy started when the government realized there is something taking some chunk of country from them which cannot be stopped as it has grown hugely like a virus already.

Bitcoin being decentralized alone is causing controversy and as long as the government cannot really state that out so as not to sound like fools, they would rather keep calling it any name they want.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1344

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

It became controversial when mainstream media portray it like that. The argument that bitcoin is being used for criminality is flawed because even with fiat, it is being used for illegal activities such as buying drugs and Ponzi. So it's not bitcoin fault. However, mainstream media shows bitcoin in the bad way specially in the early years of it. That's why it has stuck up until now. And its us, that makes it controversial. Bitcoin is just simply to understand and to used.
You need to understand that mainstream media stopped informing long time ago now it is just an arm of the government to deceive the population since government spending is what keeps afloat most of the newspapers around the world, so the media is no longer performing the function that it should, that is why other means of information are getting more popular, it is not about the new technologies but about the fact the mainstream media no longer informs the truth.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:26:24 AM

Some person make a controversial with bitcoin with no reason they are just want to have a topic in a social media.Although bitcoin was so popular now they are curious about this because they did not have knowledge about cryptocurrency so they make an issue with nonsense topics.For we bitcoiners we know the truth that this is not a scam and were not doing some criminal.activities here were doing these to earn in a clean way with the features of bitcoin.
TheBusinessMan

Activity: 67
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:27:43 AM

I don't mind the way you do, I mean gov is always agains't what's bad for them, they build an economy and they cannot let it been taken by bitcoin instead of normal currencys.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:39:34 AM

I think everything new to people is controversial, people are always scared to something new so i think its normal that bitcoin is controversial especially it has the potential and it will really affect the economy of ones country.

goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:44:52 AM

Maybe people think that it is controversial because so may people are interested because of its great return of investment. Imagine someone talking to you about how much they earn on bitcoin, and thinking of it was a scam or not. I think this is why it is considered controversial.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:22:44 AM

Being a decentralized asset and I am sure that what makes Bitcoin in controversy. The government has no total control of Bitcoin therefore, anyone who has knowledge about Bitcoin can use it without any problems with the implemementation of tax by the governments all over the world. Tax evasion, funding of terrorists, used in trading of drugs, fraud or any kind of criminal activities these are some examples of what banksters or the governments rant onto this blockchain technology brainwashing the people to stop using it but they really can't stop it.

But when we are talking about controversial assets, how about fiat money, precious stones and metals? I think they are the first assets used by criminals thousands of years ago until these days compared to Bitcoin which is way newer than fiat money, precious stones and metals, so aren't they controversial too? They can't even control criminalities even though criminals are using centralized assets how much more with Bitcoin? Higher ranking officials do even have stash Of Bitcoin hidden in secrecy so this will be a never ending discussion for me. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
im posible

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:05:50 AM

For now in my environment, bitcoin is quite controversial because bitcoin is a new concept and different from the concept of currency that is familiar in the community today. This sparked disagreements from various points of view. Even the government has now responded to bitcoin.

│▌            p a y M e            ▐│         ►  FACEBOOK      ►  TWITTER      ►  INSTAGRAM
TRIVIA QUIZ CONSOLE   |   ...Empowering Futures For All
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
muhammad-adnanzain

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:38:31 AM

Mybe not only controversial side but bitcoin heve fenomenal side, bitcoin like a wave for this century.
musharaf

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:19:57 AM

As there are many categories of people in the world some of them will be normal while some of them will be criminal minded they will use their money for different activities like buying illegal drugs and many other things. While the educated people can use it for their education etc. because of this issue the bitcoin become controversial in the society but still it has advantages

sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:32:16 AM

Yes your right. Everything new to the sensation of people are making it controversial. Though bitcoin has a potential to change everything and reduces the number of unemployed people, still there are few making some doubts and did not believe in bitcoin. Some may even say its meaningless and its debatable joining in bitcoin.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 04:42:33 AM

Yes bitcoin is controversial since its a new concept of monetary system, and its something intangible that has value. And also bitcoin is involved in many illegal activities according to reports. This is the very reason why some countries have hard time accepting bitcoin as currency.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:07:34 AM

Yes your right. Everything new to the sensation of people are making it controversial. Though bitcoin has a potential to change everything and reduces the number of unemployed people, still there are few making some doubts and did not believe in bitcoin. Some may even say its meaningless and its debatable joining in bitcoin.
It is a well known fact that btc is one of the most known currency in the world, it is the hottest making it controversial. Nevertheless bitcoin is also is the most unused currency at the moment according to wall street journal. I know some users here will quote that it ain't because many use it but think again. Why do you think people use it anyway? As a currency? Or as an asset? If one look closely, it is mostly treated to be as an asset. Only a few users use it as a currency, leaving it unused as as currency most of the time.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:19:19 AM

Yes bitcoin is controversial since its a new concept of monetary system, and its something intangible that has value. And also bitcoin is involved in many illegal activities according to reports. This is the very reason why some countries have hard time accepting bitcoin as currency.
Indeed bitcoin is very controversial even the billionares, businessman, and popular person are investing in bitcoin. I agree some countries dont accept yet bitcoin as currency for so many reasons. With the huge value most are into bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: