Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:22:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum or Bitcoin?  (Read 3005 times)
Victorio

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:07:04 AM

I assume you are talking about building a starter's crypto portfolio. Best advice is to diversify into projects with good long-term potential and hold their coins. Look for projects that solve real problems and have steady development. Check DataDash's video on crypto portfolios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD4XgHGrczc
A great feature of both Bitcoin and Ethereum is their Proof-of-Work mechanism, that makes attacks prohibitively expensive and enforces a minimum price (cost of mining+equipment amortization). From a fundamental standpoint, Bitcoin offers more stability, security and transparency - innovations are implemented step by step, after peer review and community debates. That makes Bitcoin development to look slow compared to Ethereum, that has much broader functionality and complexity, yet surprises us monthly with unpleasant bugs or hacks. I hold Bitcoin, because of its limited supply, decreasing emission rate and market adoption. Factor in here the number of Bitcoin maximalists, that say "there is Bitcoin and altcoins" or "there is Bitcoin and all the other stuff". I also accumulate Ethereum, for trading purposes - trading ETH pairs was more profitable for me YTD and Ethereum protocol is expected to power many decentralized/distributed Applications (dApps) that are yet to come.
Bitcoin is at All-Time-High, double topping at 7700-7900 USD. A move to 9000-10000 USD is possible this year, yielding 15-25%, but it is certainly unclear if it holds. Bulls view upcoming CME Bitcoin Futures as a demand factor for Bitcoin, I expect only a short run, followed by a sharp correction. Derivatives drive markets to overvaluation - cryptomarkets are already overvalued, just like Dotcom was and introducing BTC futures to professional traders would only make more visible the discrepancy between the price of crypto and immediate benefits.
Ethereum is about 25% below its ATH and might revisit 400 USD area, going even higher, especially if at least 5-10% ICOs running on Ethereum platform succeed to deliver. Another demand factor is the transition to hybrid PoW-PoS consensus, as PoS benefits early/large holders and diminishes circulating supply. Unless Vitalik and his team of unicorn ladies surprises us with another major bug, as blockchain reversal, I see good market potential for Ethereum - it offers faster, more flexible transactions than Bitcoin, working smart contracts and better decentralization, mining being affordable even to individual users.
Pay attention to other projects from coinmarketcap.com Top-10 - Litecoin (technologically similar to Bitcoin, eagerly taking on innovations), Dash (fast, cheap transactions with great prospects of market adoption), Ripple (even better prospects than Dash), Monero (privacy oriented coin), Bitcoin Cash (if bought cheaply, a nice hedging instrument, yet questionable ethics).
How I'd build a portfolio from scratch? Find a licensed exchange working with fiat, deposit USD or Euros and buy the dip on each coin, until you have 50% BTC, 25% ETH, 5% LTC, 5% DASH, 5% Ripple, 5% XMR and 5% BCH.

minldem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:09:14 AM

if we talk about small amount of investment, i'd rather choose ethereum, because btc is so high to invest and gain from that small amount. on the other hand, in the long run, btc looks like more steady. in the end, ethereum is an altcoin. so, maybe dividing the investment seems more accurate. but it's your risk and choice.
Queen999

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:18:44 AM

Bitcoin is always act as a king and price will go up  Grin Ethereum is very stable in this moment. Ethereum is good investment for long term. Because most ICO projects are based with Ethereum.
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:22:48 AM

which one is preferable for you guys?

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

Its hard to invest in Bitcoin. So what's the future of ethereum?
the future of bitcoin it will be just a brand from which when it all began and if compared with the Efirium then this is a super computer and bitcoin is a calculator. everything is obvious Smiley
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

Id perefer both why you need to choose if you can have both?they are very promising coins and have stable market value.

Yes both are promising. But do you believe ethereum will go far like btc in future?
I highly doubt it'll go up like ethereum. The amount of people who know about bitcoin is a lot more than people who know about eth. In mainstream news, there's talk about btc, but never eth. Because of this popularity, new crypto users are a lot more likely to invest in bitcoin. I'd say bitcoin will still go up a lot in the future.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:32:44 AM

For mining, I think ETH is better. The difficulty is not so high and the profit is quite good. However, in just 7 months the difficulty increased considerably so I don't know for how long it will be a good investment

The best is yet to come!
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:49:33 AM

Ethereum has more difference than bitcoin. Smartcontract technology owned to be superior to other altcoin. Just because different births are in crypto currency. So bitcoin is more valuable than eth. Suppose bitcoin and ethereum appear together. Eth would be superior. For investment I prefer Ethereum for the long term in the future.
Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:17:32 PM

Actually I prefer hold bitcoins and etherium at the same time. I think this two are more stable now and will get profit for you from a year or more. If you whould like to trade you should check some altcoins imho.
rickyleatham

Activity: 126

Get your share of the future

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:18:07 PM

I will choose both of them, depends on one specific purpose that i will use different kind of coin, if i want to trade for profit, of course i will choose to use bitcoin, but when i want to buy altcoin, i can use eth for long term investment.

coinmagnet1

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:41:44 PM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

I think Ethereum will get you a better ROI in the long run, because it has more functional usage (fast transaction times, low fees, tons of great apps being built on top of it). Also, it has a much lower market cap than bitcoin which gives it more room to grow.
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:54:06 PM

As many have said above, I think the best solution is always to diversify. There's no need to invest in just one coin.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:23:26 PM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

are you asking us, about mining or simply for investing?

for mining you need to invest in ethereum or bitcoin according with this params:
1) your budget
2) electricity cost in your country.

simply, for investing, i think, BTC and ETH are enough good....
but ETH should have the biggest potential.

I' new in crypto world. Can you please give me a little brief on what's the connection between electricity cost & mining/investing?

to do ROI [return on investment], or better if you spend 10000usd to buy asics or rigs, ROI is how many day, or months or years you need to rise 10000usd and return at zero, from the -10000usd.
the most important parameter is the electricity cost.
here an easy resource where you can do some computation with your future mining hardware

https://whattomine.com/

good luck!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Ashiiq82 (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:35:57 PM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

are you asking us, about mining or simply for investing?

for mining you need to invest in ethereum or bitcoin according with this params:
1) your budget
2) electricity cost in your country.

simply, for investing, i think, BTC and ETH are enough good....
but ETH should have the biggest potential.
Thank you

I' new in crypto world. Can you please give me a little brief on what's the connection between electricity cost & mining/investing?

to do ROI [return on investment], or better if you spend 10000usd to buy asics or rigs, ROI is how many day, or months or years you need to rise 10000usd and return at zero, from the -10000usd.
the most important parameter is the electricity cost.
here an easy resource where you can do some computation with your future mining hardware

https://whattomine.com/

good luck!
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:38:41 PM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

I'm going to say Bitcoin because you can print as much Ethereum as you want and you can't with Bitcoin. Plus millions of bitcions are gone and more and more are getting lost so the price will keep going up as long as people want more of it.

So my money ins on Bitcion not ETH

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Learn.It

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:45:05 PM

I prefer Ethereum. The future of bitcoin still rest in the hands of a few miners and we saw the impact that can have a few days ago. Bitcoin has the brand but is built on older, expensive, and not efficient technology.
HeavyTrain

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:45:34 PM

Doge!  Grin
gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:05:53 AM

Doge!  Grin
Both coins are good.but i choose etherium..etherium is good for a long term investment the price is stable....

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:36:40 AM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

Both ethereum and bitcoin is a goo digital currency. You can either invest on the two but still there are some issues and difference to be identified. Eth now has a good amount of trading, I can sa the best altcoin now. It has a great increase in value but could not be that stable. If you prefer long term investments, therefore bitcoin is the best for you. Just wait for it and you'll get great payback on it.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

1. Ethereum
2. Bitcoin

Admittedly, it is now getting hard to invest in Bitcoin because of the very strong pump that has been going on. The value has already sky-rocketed very high. We can only afford so much in terms of Bitcoin investment. But still, the least risky choice of investment in the entire world of cryptocurrencies is Bitcoin. That is why even is my investment is relatively small, I can still consider Bitcoin as my choice. Ethereum comes second though.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:53:07 AM

bitcoin and ethereum have an important role.
bitcoin is high value, but to get very difficult.
whereas ethereum is more efficient for d search.
in my opinion, more potent ethereum than the bitcoin for the search
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: