Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game  (Read 435290 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:13:16 AM

Staking, as a way of keeping up with inflation, has no purpose. My buying power will always be the same, therefore the increase in coin number means nothing.

The purpose is to secure the coin without a central authority.

Bitcoin (proof-of-work) uses mining for the same purpose at huge expense; people need to buy expensive ASICs and burn through massive amounts of electricity running them.

CLAM (proof-of-stake) replaces that with staking. The proposition is "stake your coins to keep up with inflation to help secure the network; if you don't, you'll fall behind".

Your banana example is a good one. The banana manufacturer isn't going to be any more impressed if you come to him with 2 CLAM representing 10% of a 20 CLAM supply than if you offer him 1 CLAM representing 10% of a 10 CLAM supply. If he was then whatever crypto has the biggest supply would be the most valuable (DOGE, maybe).

Because there will always be some who don't know how to stake, or can't be bothered, or who have lost their private keys and so can't stake, staking will inevitably cause your share to grow slightly compared to the people who aren't staking. Of course, with CLAM we also have the "un-dug" CLAMs - millions of piles of 4.6 CLAM just waiting to be dug up by newcomers to the coin.

The problem with all crypto that have been invented so far is that if you don't have them they are not useful and the early adopters and dev have a gargantuan advantage over everyone else.

The millions of piles of 4.6 CLAM is just here to tease and add some more uncertainty to the mix Grin
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:30:03 AM

The two ad slots at the top of Just-Dice.com are now available for your use:

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:32:17 PM

Dooglus, why did you choose CLAM's?
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:50:42 PM

I'm not dooglus but I believe CLAMs were seen as being closer to "play money". The reason why Just-Dice stopped using Bitcoin was because of new regulations in Canada and also because he felt uncomfortable handling such large amounts of other peoples' money.

Also this post sheds some insight into why he chose CLAMs:

Sorry I've been absent from this thread; I see there are a bunch of questions, so I'll answer them:

Doog any word on the test net version of JD going up or nah?

When I closed Just-Dice, many people asked for a 'testnet coin' site to stay open. I couldn't see an obvious way of doing that while still leaving the real BTC accounts available for people to divest and withdraw from, so I just left the bets disabled. Most of the JD accounts have now been emptied out. A few big ones still remain, but people can email the support address to access those.

I considered relaunching with testnet coins, but figured it would increase the demand for testnet coins and interfere with their intended purpose of being readily available and testing BTC. CLAM seems like an ideal candidate since everyone who had any funded BTC, LTC, or DOGE addresses in May of this year already has some CLAM.

Is the new Just Dice also owned by Dooglus?

It's pretty much the same as the old one. Only this time I won't end up with control of millions of dollars' worth of other people's coins, and so will hopefully be able to sleep better.

Does dooglus only plan to reopen with CLAM or does he plan to introduce BTC again?

I don't plan to introduce BTC again. Last time it really got out of hand. I don't want to be holding huge amounts of value for other people. It's scary. I said recently in the chat that I won't be opening for BTC again. That's overstating it since I'm not certain about that, but it's probably true.

So why was this reopened with CLAM? Why wasn't the reopening announced? Why add only CLAM and not BTC?

CLAM is cheap, and widely distributed. It's easy to get hold of, and many people already have it. BTC is expensive and an easy target for thieves. I didn't announce the reopening because I wanted a small, self-selected crowd to test it. There have been a small but loyal bunch of people hanging around the site ever since it shut down. It makes sense that they would be the most tolerant of the frequent restarts and even bugs that were likely to be part and parcel of the switch over to CLAM.

Does the site shut down again if a CLAM/USD exchange opens up?

No.

It baffles me to see dooglus pumping a random toycoin.

I'm not pumping it, but I guess for any coin going from 0 to 1 ways of using it is going to make it more desirable. As for being a "toycoin", that's pretty much the point. People wanted a play-money site, and that's what I tried to deliver.

Its open again ? But why so silently ? And doog didn't even update this thread ?

Consider it updated. The site has been working pretty much flawlessly for a day or two now, so I guess it's ready for more visitors.

I think the whole point of adding CLAM was that it is almost free, and they wanted to use testnet coins.
Still waiting on dooglus to comment on the launch, and about any future plans.

You got it. The site has been sitting idle for long enough. Almost everyone got their BTC back already, so it's time to move on. I don't want to see people winning and losing fortunes, so this should keep things more sensible.

With CLAM I'll also feel more comfortable adding experimental features. Switching from BTC to CLAM should take some of the pressure off me.

Couldn't Doog move the base and operate JD on other countries where bitcoin gambling is more welcomed?

He could but I think something alot of people ignore is that he doesnt want/need to.

That's right. I don't need to make myself a huge target for thieves. I'd like to run Just-Dice for fun.

One question I didn't see asked, but expected to:

Quote from: nobody at all
Why would I invest a proof-of-stake coin which makes 1% per day just sitting in my wallet with Just-Dice where if history repeats itself I will make 40% in a year? Wouldn't I be better off just collecting the staking returns without risk instead of risking the coins in the Just-Dice bankroll and possibly having the second coming of nakowa decimate them?

That's a very good question, and I'm glad you asked.

I intend to return the staking rewards to the investors. Each time a coin in the bankroll stakes, the block reward will be added to the bankroll, meaning that it will have the exact same result as a gambler losing the same amount. Note that it will be counted towards investor profits, and so will be liable for the 10% commission charge, just like any other profit is. Also note that I haven't had a chance to add that code yet, and so the block rewards are just building up and not being credited to anyone. I'll post here when that changes.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:37:53 PM

I'm not dooglus but I believe CLAMs were seen as being closer to "play money". The reason why Just-Dice stopped using Bitcoin was because of new regulations in Canada and also because he felt uncomfortable handling such large amounts of other peoples' money.

Also this post sheds some insight into why he chose CLAMs:

Thanks Bizmark13.

I wonder if Dooglus will ever sell the site code or release the entire betting database from the bitcoin site?
I would love to have a torrent of every roll. So much history there.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 11:22:35 AM

I wonder if Dooglus will ever sell the site code or release the entire betting database from the bitcoin site?

Doubt it

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:01:33 PM

Announcement:

Coinimal is happy to announce that it has added its first additional altcoin: CLAM

Starting from today, customers can instantly buy CLAM with:

SOFORT
Giropay/EPS
OBT Skrill
SEPA Bank Transfer

Customers need to be verified, but will receive a 5€ voucher as compensation.

Regards,
Paul
CEO Coinimal GmbH

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:42:54 PM

Just accept a coin with cryptonote technology for christ sake. Its the next big thing. Can't you see it ? Are you blind ?! you making me mad with your stupid clams !!!! It's all gonna be worth nothing next time your site stops working or you have to run away from canada to venezuela.

I wish you good luck but damn I'm not proud of you Dooglus!
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

Just accept a coin with cryptonote technology for christ sake. Its the next big thing. Can't you see it ? Are you blind ?! you making me mad with your stupid clams !!!! It's all gonna be worth nothing next time your site stops working or you have to run away from canada to venezuela.

I wish you good luck but damn I'm not proud of you Dooglus!

At least you made me search what cryptonote technology is.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:24:32 AM

Just accept a coin with cryptonote technology for christ sake. Its the next big thing. Can't you see it ? Are you blind ?!

Get out of here with your silly altcoins. There is no such thing as cryptocurrencies. (There is only CLAM, amirite?).

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:45:44 AM

Just accept a coin with cryptonote technology for christ sake. Its the next big thing. Can't you see it ? Are you blind ?!

Get out of here with your silly altcoins. There is no such thing as cryptocurrencies. (There is only CLAM, amirite?).

So I'm not the only one with an unhealthy obsession with MP's blog
Good to know doog Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:51:06 AM

I turned a 1 clam tip from Nix into 58 clams, intense all-in's and retardation were required.
tomoto

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:27:46 PM

Is there a bug with withdrawal? all time saying invalid adress but im sure adress is ok ...
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:58:56 PM

So I'm not the only one with an unhealthy obsession with MP's blog
Good to know doog Wink

I feel like I've failed the rabbit ;(
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 07:44:32 PM

Is there a bug with withdrawal? all time saying invalid adress but im sure adress is ok ...

Maybe you have a space at the end.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:00:12 AM

I took the CLAM daemon down a couple of times this morning while trying to diagnose an issue we were having with server lag.

That may have been the cause of your trouble withdrawing.

Is it better now?

Otherwise, as BAC says, make sure there's no space before or after the address you give it. I'll fix it soon so that spaces are ignored.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 05:44:52 AM

New CLAM faucet added to my faucet list that automatically sends CLAMS to your JD user ID.

This saves on sending fees and is instant for Just-dice users!

Mellissa

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 02:42:20 PM

Always says my JD account is not registered.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:48:33 AM

CaSE SeNsiTivE account names Tongue

dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:56:36 AM

CaSE SeNsiTivE account names Tongue

Account names are meant to be private. Don't give your login details to a faucet site. User IDs are public, and numeric.

Didn't I see something about having to type "/register" to a bot to get registered with that faucet?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 »
  Print  

Jump to: