Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game  (Read 435290 times)
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:53:38 AM

@Doog: wouldn`t a Dark Dice site with DRK be great? Possibly with a masternode function (i.e. you can also invest in a masternode through the site)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21pilot

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:34:47 AM

@Doog: wouldn`t a Dark Dice site with DRK be great? Possibly with a masternode function (i.e. you can also invest in a masternode through the site)?

don´t you think a Doge spinoff is already enough? we don´t need other just-dice clone sites in my opinion
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

don´t you think a Doge spinoff is already enough? we don´t need other just-dice clone sites in my opinion

Dark would be the perfect third site.  Great coin.  But so far doog isn't interested like I said, he was offered dark-dice.com for free earlier and turned it down apparently.  Maybe he'll change his mind if it keeps upswinging, who knows.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

Looking to Sell/Partner or Lease the domain Dark-Dice.com

PM Offers.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

site is down, any update? Noticed hotwallet and cold wallet were empty, rebuilding?

The wallets are empty and the site is down. Hmmmm....

The hot wallet contains everyone's deposit address, so it's hard to see the whole balance.

The cold wallet address changed about a week ago. I updated the FAQ with the new address and a new signature.

Was the site really down for a while? I wasn't offline for long so I guess I missed it. Or maybe it was a localised cloudflare outage.

http://blockchain.info/address/19Zmw5kMbkTjA7qRUdUEiwLqgRaMRRLDkh

Why do you change the cold address once in a while?

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

Yes, that is very puzzling. What's the practical gain in going through the steps of changing perfectly good and backup-ed private key?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

Yes, that is very puzzling. What's the practical gain in going through the steps of changing perfectly good and backup-ed private key?

While I don't understand why he changed either, I find it extremely cool how he split up the big transaction into multiple outputs. I have never in 4 years saw someone split outputs on the same address.

https://blockchain.info/tx/48d6e58a8b60e69d121eab318712e27033cbe5a76953c9a428f57cf28fbc5f29?show_adv=true

ranlo
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

While I don't understand why he changed either, I find it extremely cool how he split up the big transaction into multiple outputs. I have never in 4 years saw someone split outputs on the same address.

https://blockchain.info/tx/48d6e58a8b60e69d121eab318712e27033cbe5a76953c9a428f57cf28fbc5f29?show_adv=true

That's a bit odd, though. I'm curious as to why he would do this. There shouldn't be any functional difference.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:39:19 PM

I only ever changed it once, and the reason is a little embarrassing, rather unbelievable, and quite disturbing. Smiley

Let's just say it was a "security measure".

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
GoofyUK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:40:45 PM

I only ever changed it once, and the reason is a little embarrassing, rather unbelievable, and quite disturbing. Smiley

spill the beans doog, tell us!
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:44:26 PM

That's a bit odd, though. I'm curious as to why he would do this. There shouldn't be any functional difference.

I have a script which creates a raw transaction from outputs known to be in the cold wallet and sends them to my online wallet.  I just tell it which outputs and it makes the (unsigned) raw transaction that sends them.

I then transfer the unsigned transaction to the cold wallet using a QR code and a webcam, sign it on the cold wallet, and transfer the signed transaction back online, again using a QR code and a webcam.

I don't want to be messing about with 'change' outputs, so I want a bunch of useful-sized outputs ready to use.  500 BTC seems like a reasonable size for the cold wallet outputs.

Interestingly, to get bitcoin-qt to create a raw transaction that spends to the same address multiple times, all you need to do is comment out two lines of code and rebuild:

$ git diff
diff --git a/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp b/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
index 837aee7..e988166 100644
--- a/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
+++ b/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
@@ -375,8 +375,8 @@ Value createrawtransaction(const Array& params, bool fHelp)
         if (!address.IsValid())
             throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_ADDRESS_OR_KEY, string("Invalid Bitcoin address: ")+s.name_);

-        if (setAddress.count(address))
-            throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_PARAMETER, string("Invalid parameter, duplicated address: ")+s.name_);
+        // if (setAddress.count(address))
+            // throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_PARAMETER, string("Invalid parameter, duplicated address: ")+s.name_);
         setAddress.insert(address);

CScript scriptPubKey;

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:47:28 PM

You got drunk and left your computer at the bar? Tongue

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:52:53 PM

I have a script which creates a raw transaction from outputs known to be in the cold wallet and sends them to my online wallet.  I just tell it which outputs and it makes the (unsigned) raw transaction that sends them.

I then transfer the unsigned transaction to the cold wallet using a QR code and a webcam, sign it on the cold wallet, and transfer the signed transaction back online, again using a QR code and a webcam.

I don't want to be messing about with 'change' outputs, so I want a bunch of useful-sized outputs ready to use.  500 BTC seems like a reasonable size for the cold wallet outputs.

Interestingly, to get bitcoin-qt to create a raw transaction that spends to the same address multiple times, all you need to do is comment out two lines of code and rebuild:

$ git diff
diff --git a/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp b/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
index 837aee7..e988166 100644
--- a/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
+++ b/src/rpcrawtransaction.cpp
@@ -375,8 +375,8 @@ Value createrawtransaction(const Array& params, bool fHelp)
         if (!address.IsValid())
             throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_ADDRESS_OR_KEY, string("Invalid Bitcoin address: ")+s.name_);

-        if (setAddress.count(address))
-            throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_PARAMETER, string("Invalid parameter, duplicated address: ")+s.name_);
+        // if (setAddress.count(address))
+            // throw JSONRPCError(RPC_INVALID_PARAMETER, string("Invalid parameter, duplicated address: ")+s.name_);
         setAddress.insert(address);

CScript scriptPubKey;

Ah, I didn't think about it in terms of change. So essentially when you make a transfer from the cold wallet to the hot one, you do so as a 500 BTC block, which results in 0 change. Conversely, it would send x amount and then create the new address for the rest of the change. That's actually really smart thinking!

I don't follow the code, though. The lines with - and +'s appear to be duplicates... what was actually changed?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

Ah, I didn't think about it in terms of change. So essentially when you make a transfer from the cold wallet to the hot one, you do so as a 500 BTC block, which results in 0 change. Conversely, it would send x amount and then create the new address for the rest of the change. That's actually really smart thinking!

I don't follow the code, though. The lines with - and +'s appear to be duplicates... what was actually changed?

When making raw transactions, you have to be careful that the outputs sum to the same as the inputs - otherwise you end up tipping the miners a few thousand coins.  To avoid making mistakes, I want the raw transaction to be as simple as possible, and so don't want to be working with change.

So when someone wants to withdraw 2000 BTC, I make a raw transaction that takes 4 of the 500 BTC outputs from the cold wallet and sends a single 2000 BTC to my online address.

I can only fit the data for about 4 outputs into a single QR code before the resolution gets too high for my webcam to scan (I hold one laptop's screen up to the other's webcam, and it has a hard time with reflection on the screen, focus, etc.)  But it seems safer than sharing a USB stick between the online and offline machines to transfer data.

The - and + indicate lines that I deleted (-) and lines that I added (+).  (Really I just changed two lines, but git (which is a tool people use for storing versions of software as they work on it, to allow you to see who changed what, when) sees that as two deletions and two insertions).

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
GoofyUK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:14:11 PM

Has anyone ever made a mistake when using raw tx's?

I remember seeing one thread about some guy who tipped like 10 bitcoin to the miners.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:20:40 PM

You got drunk and left your computer at the bar? Tongue

Close.

We were staying in a hotel for a few days.  After checking out, about two hours away by then, I noticed I had accidentally left about 20 million dollars worth of bitcoin in the drawer of the bedside table.

Found the nearest town, bought a new cold wallet machine, retrieved the wallet data from an encrypted backup, made new wallets (did I mention there were a couple of billion dogecoins in that drawer too?) and transferred the coins over.

Everything on the cold wallet was encrypted so there was no risk, but it felt scary to be so far away from it.  I'm told that even full-disk encryption is no protection if your hardware falls into the wrong hands, since they can install a keylogger in the code that prompts for the passphrase at boot time.  So I can't use that machine any more.  It goes into the pile marked 'possibly tainted'.

So don't worry guys.  Your coins are in safe hands.  Most of the time.  Smiley

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

I remember seeing one thread about some guy who tipped like 10 bitcoin to the miners.

Indeed they have. ASICMiner refunded an accidental 200BTC fee last year.
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:22:28 PM

Yes, I saw something like that too.  I think it has happened a few times, which is why I automate the whole process, keep it simple, and check 'by eye' before broadcasting the transaction to the network.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 03:48:00 AM

I'm told that even full-disk encryption is no protection if your hardware falls into the wrong hands, since they can install a keylogger in the code that prompts for the passphrase at boot time.  So I can't use that machine any more.  It goes into the pile marked 'possibly tainted'.

So how do you make sure that new hardware you're buying is not tainted? Technically a brand new Dell laptop or a Gigabyte mobo could have a keylogger in it? Just checking how paranoid you are Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:00:43 AM

I'm told that even full-disk encryption is no protection if your hardware falls into the wrong hands, since they can install a keylogger in the code that prompts for the passphrase at boot time.  So I can't use that machine any more.  It goes into the pile marked 'possibly tainted'.

So how do you make sure that new hardware you're buying is not tainted? Technically a brand new Dell laptop or a Gigabyte mobo could have a keylogger in it? Just checking how paranoid you are Smiley

Man, I wish I could find the story I'm thinking of. Someone bought a brand new PC (I don't remember the brand, but I think HP) and found out it wasn't new; someone had recycled their HDD and it ended up in that system, and he was able to recover files from the previous owner and stuff. Can't find the story now but it's definitely relevant if someone else has it, because it explains how unsafe a new system really is.

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 »
  Print  

Jump to: