Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:07:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game  (Read 435291 times)
Bitco¡n

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:38:06 AM

What happened with the just-dice thread? Oo It looks like dead. No post since a month.
Try here instead...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238613.9999

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 01:43:39 PM

What happened with the just-dice thread? Oo It looks like dead. No post since a month.
Try here instead...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238613.9999

Thanks... didn't see that other thread all the time. I thought there is only one.

I will subscribe to the other one too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:41:10 AM

Why's that funny?

For one : what's special about it ?

For two :
Code:
$ dig NS inputs.io | grep linode

I don't know if there's anything special about it.  It's basically a hosted wallet, like MtGox or any other.  I guess what's special about it is that Just-Dice has an account there, and credits your account instantly if you transfer funds to it using the internal (to email) transfer.

Linode hosted?  Or just the DNS?  What could possibly go wrong?
idk, maybe additional credibility could be given to a sketchy site that does not deserve such credibility, maybe you could encourage people do deposit their hard earned btc into a site that is run by someone with a less-then-perfect history, or maybe you would cause an influx of deposits to a site that eventually ends up "loosing"/stealing hundreds/thousands of btc from their customers/investors

The Just-Dice account just had its balance stolen, despite using a very secure password, google-authenticator, and GPG.

Please keep us updated.

The current situation is that I took 42 BTC from TradeFortress' Just-Dice account to replace the stolen coins, and then let him withdraw the rest.

So we current are not holding any of his coins "hostage", and therefore can no longer accept inputs.io deposits without risking client funds.

TF says he'll redeposit in the future, at which point JD will start taking input.io deposits again.
In other words, you accepted a large "investment" in your bankroll in exchange for your defacto endorsement of one of tradefortress's websites, then you allow for such investment to be withdrawn without giving notice to those to those that you were endorsing inputs.io to, and a mere days later inputs gets "hacked" for 4kBTC+, likely causing losses to some of the people who deposited btc to inputs because JD accepted instant deposits from inputs......

How much did TF deposit to JD? That could be money from Coinlenders or BTCinvest.

The amount varied over time, but was hundreds of BTC.  I used it as collateral when accepting inputs.io deposits.  I only credited inputs.io deposits to JD up to the amount TF had on deposit at any time.  I regularly withdrew from the JD inputs account to a 'real' wallet.

The timeline as I understand it went something like this:

* late October, the inputs server was compromised, the database was stolen, and 4000 BTC was taken from the hot wallet
* inputs.io carried on operating as normal, still accepting new deposits, with 4000 BTC missing from its wallet
* for a couple of days after the theft, I was unable to withdraw from inputs.io to the blockchain.  the "hot pocket" was empty.  I emailed several times, and eventually after about 48h was able to withdraw.  At no point was I told that the server had been hacked
* a couple of weeks later the hacker used stolen API keys to steal ~100 BTC from user accounts, including ~42 BTC from the JD account
* an hour after that theft I woke up, saw the withdrawal, moved all the coins I had access to into cold storage as a precaution, stopped accepting inputs.io as a deposit method
* later that day TF came to the JD chat and asked for his deposit (less the 42 BTC he owed JD) back.
* I debited his account the ~42 BTC, then unblocked his account from withdrawing.  He withdrew the rest of the balance
* I asked him if he would be redepositing so that we could start accepting inputs deposits again.  He said he definitely would.
* a day or so later the inputs front page was edited to say that 4100 BTC had been stolen.

The moral of the story seems to be "don't trust third parties with your Bitcoins".  A lesson that lots of investors seem to be learning.  Investment in JD is down ~5k to around 57k BTC since the inputs hack became public.  I don't know whether this is mostly due to people cashing out BTC due to the recent price rises, or people wanting the security of holding their own coins.  I guess it's some of each.
yup sounds about right
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:13:18 AM

Why's that funny?

For one : what's special about it ?

For two :
Code:
$ dig NS inputs.io | grep linode

I don't know if there's anything special about it.  It's basically a hosted wallet, like MtGox or any other.  I guess what's special about it is that Just-Dice has an account there, and credits your account instantly if you transfer funds to it using the internal (to email) transfer.

Linode hosted?  Or just the DNS?  What could possibly go wrong?
idk, maybe additional credibility could be given to a sketchy site that does not deserve such credibility, maybe you could encourage people do deposit their hard earned btc into a site that is run by someone with a less-then-perfect history, or maybe you would cause an influx of deposits to a site that eventually ends up "loosing"/stealing hundreds/thousands of btc from their customers/investors

The Just-Dice account just had its balance stolen, despite using a very secure password, google-authenticator, and GPG.

Please keep us updated.

The current situation is that I took 42 BTC from TradeFortress' Just-Dice account to replace the stolen coins, and then let him withdraw the rest.

So we current are not holding any of his coins "hostage", and therefore can no longer accept inputs.io deposits without risking client funds.

TF says he'll redeposit in the future, at which point JD will start taking input.io deposits again.
In other words, you accepted a large "investment" in your bankroll in exchange for your defacto endorsement of one of tradefortress's websites, then you allow for such investment to be withdrawn without giving notice to those to those that you were endorsing inputs.io to, and a mere days later inputs gets "hacked" for 4kBTC+, likely causing losses to some of the people who deposited btc to inputs because JD accepted instant deposits from inputs......

How much did TF deposit to JD? That could be money from Coinlenders or BTCinvest.

The amount varied over time, but was hundreds of BTC.  I used it as collateral when accepting inputs.io deposits.  I only credited inputs.io deposits to JD up to the amount TF had on deposit at any time.  I regularly withdrew from the JD inputs account to a 'real' wallet.

The timeline as I understand it went something like this:

* late October, the inputs server was compromised, the database was stolen, and 4000 BTC was taken from the hot wallet
* inputs.io carried on operating as normal, still accepting new deposits, with 4000 BTC missing from its wallet
* for a couple of days after the theft, I was unable to withdraw from inputs.io to the blockchain.  the "hot pocket" was empty.  I emailed several times, and eventually after about 48h was able to withdraw.  At no point was I told that the server had been hacked
* a couple of weeks later the hacker used stolen API keys to steal ~100 BTC from user accounts, including ~42 BTC from the JD account
* an hour after that theft I woke up, saw the withdrawal, moved all the coins I had access to into cold storage as a precaution, stopped accepting inputs.io as a deposit method
* later that day TF came to the JD chat and asked for his deposit (less the 42 BTC he owed JD) back.
* I debited his account the ~42 BTC, then unblocked his account from withdrawing.  He withdrew the rest of the balance
* I asked him if he would be redepositing so that we could start accepting inputs deposits again.  He said he definitely would.
* a day or so later the inputs front page was edited to say that 4100 BTC had been stolen.

The moral of the story seems to be "don't trust third parties with your Bitcoins".  A lesson that lots of investors seem to be learning.  Investment in JD is down ~5k to around 57k BTC since the inputs hack became public.  I don't know whether this is mostly due to people cashing out BTC due to the recent price rises, or people wanting the security of holding their own coins.  I guess it's some of each.
yup sounds about right
Any specific reason you feel the need to bring shit thats 2 years and a half old?

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:36:07 PM

You're dredging up posts from 2013 from when Just-Dice accepted deposits from users of a site (inputs.io) which ended up losing or stealing its users' funds.

If I had a crystal ball I would look into the future and never do business with people who would scam in the future. But I don't.

There are a lot of scammers around Bitcoin. It would be very hard to do business if you were to be held accountable for their future actions each time you dealt with one of them. You yourself must have given your "defacto endorsement" to many people who turned out to be scammers.

No, as usual you have it wrong.

* TF had been an investor in the bankroll long before he proposed that I accept inputs.io deposits. There was no "in exchange for". Just-Dice had too much investment already. I would have preferred to have less of it. I didn't benefit in any way from associating with inputs.io other than 1) it stopped TF from nagging me on a daily basis about accepting inputs.io deposits and 2) it made instant deposits possible for inputs.io users.

* I never endorsed his site.

* I allowed him to withdraw only the part of his investment that was left after he paid his debt to me.

I get it. You have some kind of need to discredit me by making it look like I associate with scammers. I has no doubt happened that I have been tricked by scammers into believing that they were offering legitimate services. I don't know what to do about that other than to never speak to anybody.

I am sorry that people lost money to inputs.io, and to dice.ninja, and dicebitco.in, and MtGox. Yes, I probably have mentioned at some point in the past that I have used MtGox. Maybe you could find a post where I talk about being a customer of MtGox and somehow twist things to make it look like I am responsible for people losing coins when they shut down. Oh, I once invested in a "Pirate Passthrough" too, and had some coins with that starfish guy too. They both ended up running off with user coins as well. Perhaps you could find a way of blaming me for those two scams too.

Please don't be offended if this is my last response to you on the subject.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:13:14 AM

You're dredging up posts from 2013 from when Just-Dice accepted deposits from users of a site (inputs.io) which ended up losing or stealing its users' funds.

If I had a crystal ball I would look into the future and never do business with people who would scam in the future. But I don't.

There are a lot of scammers around Bitcoin. It would be very hard to do business if you were to be held accountable for their future actions each time you dealt with one of them. You yourself must have given your "defacto endorsement" to many people who turned out to be scammers.

No, as usual you have it wrong.

* TF had been an investor in the bankroll long before he proposed that I accept inputs.io deposits. There was no "in exchange for". Just-Dice had too much investment already. I would have preferred to have less of it. I didn't benefit in any way from associating with inputs.io other than 1) it stopped TF from nagging me on a daily basis about accepting inputs.io deposits and 2) it made instant deposits possible for inputs.io users.

* I never endorsed his site.

* I allowed him to withdraw only the part of his investment that was left after he paid his debt to me.

I get it. You have some kind of need to discredit me by making it look like I associate with scammers. I has no doubt happened that I have been tricked by scammers into believing that they were offering legitimate services. I don't know what to do about that other than to never speak to anybody.

I am sorry that people lost money to inputs.io, and to dice.ninja, and dicebitco.in, and MtGox. Yes, I probably have mentioned at some point in the past that I have used MtGox. Maybe you could find a post where I talk about being a customer of MtGox and somehow twist things to make it look like I am responsible for people losing coins when they shut down. Oh, I once invested in a "Pirate Passthrough" too, and had some coins with that starfish guy too. They both ended up running off with user coins as well. Perhaps you could find a way of blaming me for those two scams too.

Please don't be offended if this is my last response to you on the subject.

Dooglus, it's over-the-top kind of you to keep replying to his attempts to twist things around in some sort of desperate effort to rebuild his ruined reputation around here.  I was going to hit the 'report to moderator' button as necro-bumping and trolling aren't supposed to be allowed, but I saw that you already took the time to debunk him.

Anyway, the good thing is that even though QS continues to spill bile on this forum, he seems to be doing it at much less of a rate than he used to, and now that his trust rating properly reflects his MO, his rants seem to get a lot less attention---which is how things should be.
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:31:57 PM

Dooglus, it's over-the-top kind of you to keep replying to his attempts to twist things around in some sort of desperate effort to rebuild his ruined reputation around here.  I was going to hit the 'report to moderator' button as necro-bumping and trolling aren't supposed to be allowed, but I saw that you already took the time to debunk him.

Anyway, the good thing is that even though QS continues to spill bile on this forum, he seems to be doing it at much less of a rate than he used to, and now that his trust rating properly reflects his MO, his rants seem to get a lot less attention---which is how things should be.
I think its funny how desesperation shows true nature of the human. I believe that he id not doing anything at a slower rate but taking advantage of the shitload of alts he has, with a bit of atention their writing and butthurt on certain points shows who they are, i observed this in few specific scammers on the jd chat.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:02:57 AM

How come there is no affiliate program and auto betting in just-dice?
This will help increase the players, wagers, investors profit and demand to clams.
Just my 2cents
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:59:00 AM

How come there is no affiliate program and auto betting in just-dice?
This will help increase the players, wagers, investors profit and demand to clams.
Just my 2cents

There's no affiliate program because the house edge is only 1% and the commission on investments is only 10%.

I could increase the commission, and use the extra money to pay affiliates, but I don't really want to. It's also hard to prevent people from abusing affiliate programs by referring themselves.

Auto-betting is just silly. The game has a positive house edge. If you bet automatically you will lose and not even get to enjoy playing.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:45:14 AM

Auto-betting is just silly. The game has a positive house edge. If you bet automatically you will lose and not even get to enjoy playing.
The truth has been spoken.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 05:43:34 PM

The national lotteries got it right then. They have options on the ticket stubs to play for an entire year in advance.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 12:32:51 PM

The national lotteries got it right then. They have options on the ticket stubs to play for an entire year in advance.

Auto betting can be fun for some (e.g. just watching a pre design playnig scheme unfold) and IIRC its possible via scripts on JD as well.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 05:19:40 AM

Auto betting can be fun for some (e.g. just watching a pre design playnig scheme unfold) and IIRC its possible via scripts on JD as well.

Then maybe someone can build such a script and when dooglus likes it he can offer some scripts on a new tab on jd. So that different needs of users can be fulfilled without much effort.

At the end Just dice is a service offer and customers are king... Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:03:09 PM

Would like to thank Dooglus and his team at JD for the last few days.

Many of you know me as Randall from both Primedice and Just-Dice.

In the last 3 days, I went my Total Profit went from -230 to +1 CLAMs, and I tipped out 200+ CLAMs, profiting only 20 for myself.

I had a ton of fun betting and chatting.  You have a lot of very good Moderators, Dooglus.  And I told you before I really enjoy the fact that my investments stake.

PD will always be my home, but I do consider JD my vacation house.  The last couple days have been a lot of fun for me, and I'm happy I was able to win back my losses and share them with the community.

Thanks JD!
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

I was wondering if gamblers are aware that a coin with the just-dice (since its on clam) wager as distribution is being made, you can claim already! Darkclam.com will be launched these days (and probably the ANN too) and you can see whats it about.
Any questions related could go to pm, dont spam the thread Smiley.

BadMo

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:15:48 PM

Randall, you have been a real sport on JD lately, I'd like to thank you for your action and your tips, even though I lost all of them gambling, gg and gj mate, glad to hear you're in the green!
Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:19:28 PM

Randall, you have been a real sport on JD lately, I'd like to thank you for your action and your tips, even though I lost all of them gambling, gg and gj mate, glad to hear you're in the green!
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. Smiley
Chuck_Bartowski

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 04:23:37 PM

wish you all the best and thank you for being so generous and such a friendly guy, Randall :-)

Hope the Future will be bright for you Smiley

Greetings, Chuck.

Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 06:53:47 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2016, 08:16:00 PM by Kiritsugu

In the last 3 days, I went my Total Profit went from -230 to +1 CLAMs, and I tipped out 200+ CLAMs, profiting only 20 for myself.

I had a ton of fun betting and chatting.  You have a lot of very good Moderators, Dooglus.  And I told you before I really enjoy the fact that my investments stake.

PD will always be my home, but I do consider JD my vacation house.  The last couple days have been a lot of fun for me, and I'm happy I was able to win back my losses and share them with the community.

Thanks JD!
Lol.... +66 CLAMs now... Cheesy

EDIT:  96 CLAMs woooooo!
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:21:52 PM

Thanks JD!
Lol.... +66 CLAMs now... Cheesy

EDIT:  96 CLAMs woooooo!

Good job, maybe it's time to withdrawal!
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 »
  Print  

Jump to: