Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11638 times)
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:53:18 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
Gold will still be a valuable item. If gold can not be used in everyday financial transactions then it is a normal thing. we can not possibly use gold to buy a chocolate in the supermarket. it is very difficult to find a gold standard. that's what distinguishes it from Bitcoin, although Bitcoin has a much higher value today but bitcoin is very mobile because we can use Bitcoin for transactions on a small to large scale.

I agree that gold would still be a valueable item and its very difficult to find a gold standard. On my opinion I think people says gold is better because since the ancient times gold is one of their currency and you can buy things what you want if you have so many gold that time, you can only have a gold if you're a government people just like on the history of rome you can only have gold if you're an employee of the government an i think gold is better because every human race in the world know gold as a money if you sell it on jewelry or pawn shops.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:02:35 PM

But they are dumb. Why choose one when you can have both? They are only making life harder for them. Because even if gold makes you sure of your assets, bitcoin can increase your assets more. So make them.work together rather than comparing them. Don't be dumb like those narrow minded people.

It's exactly how you say it they are -- dumb. These people always force themselves to go with one option, and that while people can use several things at the same time without any problems. However, gold hasn't been a well performing asset throughout the last years. It didn't function well as an investment (which also depends on the timeframe of course), and it didn't function well as store of value. Bitcoin has far more to offer than gold will in the coming years, which will likely make people holding gold convert a decent chunk to Bitcoin. From there you can ask yourself the question, why hold gold and Bitcoin at the same time, why people could sell their gold for Bitcoin and make their money actually be used in a better way?
Stef9292

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:16:16 PM

I think it's just the human limit, what you can see it's real. The world is not already prepared to accept the mindset of the cryptocurrency. Let the future talk and we will see what will happen.
krayzie32

Activity: 479

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:24:27 PM

I do not think that Gold is better Bitcoin. Because holding Bitcoin will help you have more money. Otherwise, holding Gold wont make you have money

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

This is partially true. despite what you may of heard, there is not a serious solution for spending bitcoin in the States, without going into fiat, or buying a giftcard. since the extra step to convert through fiat is necessary, you can liquidate gold in as many steps. there are plenty of places where you can sell gold directly for cash near spot price; you can even mail gold in to foundries; they will send you a check in the mail the next day (you have to send the gold insured)

and gold doesnt have fees Smiley
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

Gold is looked at as an asset in my region. Whether the price goes up or down, it's bought and kept,  worn as precious asset. Bitcoin has as well set it's standard.  People who are aware of bitcoin and the crypto currencies, would go for bitcoin then gold. Crypto is slowly going to be the no 1 asset.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:07:20 PM

Gold will still be a valuable item. If gold can not be used in everyday financial transactions then it is a normal thing. we can not possibly use gold to buy a chocolate in the supermarket. it is very difficult to find a gold standard. that's what distinguishes it from Bitcoin, although Bitcoin has a much higher value today but bitcoin is very mobile because we can use Bitcoin for transactions on a small to large scale.

I agree that gold would still be a valueable item and its very difficult to find a gold standard. On my opinion I think people says gold is better because since the ancient times gold is one of their currency and you can buy things what you want if you have so many gold that time, you can only have a gold if you're a government people just like on the history of rome you can only have gold if you're an employee of the government an i think gold is better because every human race in the world know gold as a money if you sell it on jewelry or pawn shops.
yes gold is not dropping its price, but the old traditional people are still consider gold as more profitable, but the fact is that although gold has a good value but profit purpose bitcoin is the best option. because bitcoin price is always tend to increase we already crosses 86000$ that is a very good achievement of bitcoin. I think bitcoin price will continue increasing for a long long time.
Avity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:10:58 PM

Some people will always be stuck in the past and look at history to tell them the future.  When the economy goes does down which many people think it will in upcoming years, traditionally gold has been a valuable asset which has maintained or even risen in price during trying times.  These people still believe in this theory.  Others purely want to feel something in their hands... which proves to them that it exists.  People know gold, have always known gold and will continue to support gold.

However bitcoin is the future and these people are missing out on the best opportunity of their lives. 

sandos

Activity: 440

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Maybe they think that Gold is safer than Bitcoin. Because, as you know, Bitcoin can give you money, it also can take money to you if its price fall down.

Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:53:50 PM

Because 50% of all people have IQ lower than 100.  Undecided
Yes gold better. But, for now and the future no one can have the gold. But, bitcoin anyone can own this. Because for me the price of gold, is high. But the value of bitcoin, every year getting higher. So anyone can own it and also you can lend.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 08:58:12 PM

Bitcoin serves as a currency and at tje same time as an assets that yield return on investment over time period. I don't believe gold serve the same purpose and the bitcoin is been use is different from that of gold. People prefer gold for reason been that it is world over accepted by government, institutions and individuals and it is legalised all over the world but Bitcoin is still in the process and maybe with time it will get to that same level of gold.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:01:00 PM

well everyone has his or her own opinion to things based on their analysis. people feel gold is better because its safer in terms of investment unlike bitcoin where prices can go down overnight. gold has been there right from time making people rich in a safe way with a stable price unlike bitcoin which is still gaining more grounds all over the world. so people would rather go with something that has stood the test of time than something they aren't so sure of.
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:04:35 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 10:36:22 PM by wolfracer

Bitcoin is a form of payment and gold is a value reserve. Even though Bitcoin has also demonstrated its ability to increase and safeguard our money its acceptance and credibility is still in questioned; Unlike gold, its trust, stability and global acceptance through the centuries are what has positioned it as the safest option to invest. Then, It can be said that when people refer to Gold or they says gold is better than bitcoin, They make reference to the most "safe and stable" option to invest.

lunnatic

Activity: 1190

COMBONetwork

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:16:15 PM

That used to be, Now I think Bitcoin is better than Gold because bitcoin can be used for anything like payments. I do not think that Gold can be used as payment because it's shaped, it's not like Bitcoin which is just a number and can be used for anything. The difference in value also speaks Bitcoin better than Gold.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:17:52 PM

If someone thinks gold is better than Bitcoin...  I mean what are we going to do about it? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how uneducated it is. Sooner or later, they will accept Bitcoin. Smiley

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
rizalzal

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:23:26 PM

gold is better because gold prices are more stable and in the long term gold can definitely survive in the market
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:27:28 PM

I think why other people gold id better because this kind of investment is safe or less risk. Because even the price of bitcoin continue to increase fast they will crash fast also and thats the disadvantage. While in gold the price continue to increase but slowly but surely so your money safe or prevent to lose. But for me both is good. Bitcoin gives you high profit and gold gives you high profit also.
Jibit

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:41:07 PM

I dont know but I dont think that Bitcoin is better than gold in some cases. We can use Bitcoin for many purposes such as payment, asset,.. Gold is just for jewelry
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:24:48 PM

Other people say that gold is better than bitcoin because of its physical existence and limited resource; because of this it makes gold more unique and precious stones in the whole world.
Arifull Islam

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:43:09 PM

why they says gold is better then bitcoin i don't know.but i think bitcoin not exiest like gold that's why they don't belive on bitcoin.but say bitcoin is best then gold.Because bitcoin is priceable then gold everytime.thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: