Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20k Bitcoin upcoming!? What are your plans for the Alts?  (Read 2756 times)
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:39:00 PM

Anyone feeling the way I am: Bitcoin is about to jump up to 10k!

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?
No one can tell since altcoins price doesnt anytime correlated to bitcoins price which if btc price would go up it would go up also.This is not the case and we do have already seen the situation on where on those time where there a price increase rally on bitcoin and all alts are going down almost reaching out 50% which it would really be a disaster for those who do hold up coins but yet its not really ideal to sell out on loss on alts. Instead of doing that better to buy even more cheaper alts on those times because it will surely pay off when price tends to recover again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

It has became a trend that when Bitcoin moons, altcoins follow the opposite direction either maintaining their dollar value or going a serious dip and when Bitcoin stabilizes or go through a correction, alts start shooting up.

Right now I am out of most of my alts and only holding some large cap coins that I bought during October dump. Bitcoin is a currency that has won global trust and thus big companies and banks are investing in it that gives it a protection from massive dump. Price will rise more and can shoot if bill about giving Bitcoin a currency status get passed in Congress. So, I ll be buying more alts if a dump starts back again. Right now a dump in altcoins isn't massive.
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:43:15 PM

I still hold a couple of altcoins but the majority of my investments are in Bitcoin and it will stay that way if Bitcoin continues to rise.
If the Bitcoin price drops over 500 dollars, I might want to temporarily buy a rising altcoin to sweep in a profit when BTC inevitably rises again.

But at this time, it's just not a good idea to hold that many altcoins instead of just Bitcoin, the difference in growth is pretty big.

I was just looking over my portfolio the last 5 months, although there have been one or two better, Bitcoin has seen the highest gains for me.

I'm not sure bitcoin is going to $10,000. I think there will be a correction this coming weekend when the difficulty retargets, and there will be another BCH pump.

Not sure what will happen to alts - I personally think most will languish and the money will go into BCH.

The BCH surge during this bull really opened my eyes.  Its here to stay.
energycom

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:45:36 PM

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?

There is nothing left to do. We'll keep holding our alt coins. We can't sell with huge loss at the moment. Should be patient really.

Unfortunately, we made a mistake by having this much alt coins in weight.
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:45:41 PM

I do feel that bitcoin will reach 10k fairly soon but I think alts are still a good investment, bitcoin growth has slowed and will slow and so alts may get a chance to begin their rise, we have seen already many alts rising a little in the last days and I feel that more will follow and so right now I am stocking up where possible.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

The more BTC rises the more alt coins drop in BTC value while staying around their dollar value. ETH practicly halved in BTC value due to this during last few months. Waves even went below it's half BTC value. So yeah, alt coins are becoming more and more risky in their BTC value.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:47:15 PM

I'm not sure bitcoin is going to $10,000. I think there will be a correction this coming weekend when the difficulty retargets, and there will be another BCH pump.

Not sure what will happen to alts - I personally think most will languish and the money will go into BCH.

You still believe that bullish ride was genuine? It was mere a pump and dump attempt by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu, the creator of BCH. They transferred all their Bitcoin into BCH to give it a pump and after people start jumping into and testing the floor price of Bitcoin, they dumped it hard earning profit and went back to BTC. You still believe BCH is here to stay unless it is for whales.
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:56:36 PM

You still believe that bullish ride was genuine? It was mere a pump and dump attempt by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu, the creator of BCH. They transferred all their Bitcoin into BCH to give it a pump and after people start jumping into and testing the floor price of Bitcoin, they dumped it hard earning profit and went back to BTC. You still believe BCH is here to stay unless it is for whales.

BCH will be even more hard dumped 1st january when Coinbase will release all BCH for his customer. They are maximum 1m BCH waiting for it , so it's hard to tell if BCH will ever survive it. They can heasily fork and do another coin.
liquidX3

Activity: 224
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:57:51 PM

if bitcoin begin rise all altcoins will go down till bitcoin does not become stable

EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:04:18 PM

I do not think alts are going to go down once bitcoin goes to $10K that seems only another one or
two months away. After S2X FUD was gone, alts and bitcoin have been rising together and this
should continue until some new major FUD comes.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:10:42 PM

Will sell some of altcoins in hope of 10k$ of bitcoin but my position is to hold 40% in altcoins for diversification of portfolio.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:15:28 PM

Part of the altcoins, which show + to bitcoin, I sold. Altcoins, which show - to bitcoin I will keep it to breakeven. Altcoins that trade to the dollar will continue to trade.

olindo53

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:16:56 PM

depends in wich alt you hold, there are some that are doing very well in this period jota//miota is one of those and also Monero XMR and litecoin LTC and ethereum classic ETC as well
Ebenezar64 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:42:55 PM

Do you think bitcoin futures in December will affect bitcoin and ALT price?
Most people seem to think this will befinfit Bitcoin and give it a jump but could it be the other way around if alot of people short Bitcoin?

Many here make a good point in that ALT often move together with Bitcoin but I still think I will set most of my wallet to bitcoin in the near future and to look to gradully move over to ALTs in December, depending on how the Bitcoin futures market affect the price.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:55:52 PM

It seems like under normal market conditions, alts and bitcoin rise and fall together.  It's when a highly anticipated fork is scheduled that they diverge.  I've got about 25% of holdings in bitcoin, and the rest in several Alts, and plan to keep it that way.  Since B2X was cancelled/postponed, both my BTC and Alts have been doing very well.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:58:40 PM

I'm also feeling this way, we are near and going to that stage of our life as we will about to witness bitcoin's new ATH at $10,000 very soon.

ETH can rise along with bitcoin and with bitcoin cash it's the different way as it's the antagonist of bitcoin. I did sold most of my alt coins when we are still on the drama with bitcoin cash.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
RADTEAM

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:28:57 PM

Is there a thing in Bitcoin trading, called correction on traditional markets? Cause it doesn't look like bitcoin market is ever correcting properly. I suspect it might be partly because no one benefits from the decline in Bitcoin prices (i.e. there is no short sale opportunity).
Ebenezar64 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:08:36 AM

I definetly think it will be a correction in Bitcoin price coming. I think we will hit 10k first but the indication is that we are in a tightening parabolic rise and I would expect a large correction. The question is what happens after? And what will the Bitocin price be after the correction?

The next quesiton we need to think about is:
Will money be removed from the market or will it flow to ALTs?
Since crypto is currently a hot market I don't think everyone will remove their money from the market, sure there will be some profit taking but i think a lot of people will want to find the next "rocket" ALT and will spread their money across the ALTs. Some money will be removed but I think that will mostly be removed from Bitcoin. I am just going to try and time as best as I can and move my money from Bitcoin (maybe keep around 20%) to interesting ALTs.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:12:34 AM

I definetly think it will be a correction in Bitcoin price coming. I think we will hit 10k first but the indication is that we are in a tightening parabolic rise and I would expect a large correction. The question is what happens after? And what will the Bitocin price be after the correction?

The next quesiton we need to think about is:
Will money be removed from the market or will it flow to ALTs?
Since crypto is currently a hot market I don't think everyone will remove their money from the market, sure there will be some profit taking but i think a lot of people will want to find the next "rocket" ALT and will spread their money across the ALTs. Some money will be removed but I think that will mostly be removed from Bitcoin. I am just going to try and time as best as I can and move my money from Bitcoin (maybe keep around 20%) to interesting ALTs.

Referring to your second question, money will never be removed from the market and i am saying this on my previous experiences. Few weeks before Bitcoin started to dumping and people were holding the BCH and it got very high pump in small amount of time. In case ever BTC is dumped, of course all the altcoins will move up as people will sell btc for alts and this has been happening whole this year.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:23:12 AM

Bitcoin is achieving 10k levels after crossing barrier $ 8000. I am planning to sell my 50% BTC at a level $10k, and planning to invest in altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: