Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20k Bitcoin upcoming!? What are your plans for the Alts?  (Read 2756 times)
Tornand

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:19:12 PM

I am not an analyst but I have the feeling that this BTC rally is somehow artificial. I would not be surprised if some really big whales just agreed about holding their BTC to shorten the market supply. If BTC comes to a certain level they will switch to altcoins wait for BTC price to fall and buy back cheaper BTC.
So I am expecting a bigger BTC crash sooner or later.

ME too ! There is like no correction at all. And with all this Tether hack and FUD, I will welcome a good old days crash to restart building a usefull network and competitive. But the price will be back way up after the next halving IMO.

Yes. I am also expecting it to crash followed by a fast recovery. But within the next 20 years I wouldn't be surprised to see BTC even at 100k. Most people are swapping from BTC to alts and back just to raise their amount of Satoshi. That is why BTC is the king of crypto.
Ebenezar64 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:41:33 PM

I am not an analyst but I have the feeling that this BTC rally is somehow artificial. I would not be surprised if some really big whales just agreed about holding their BTC to shorten the market supply. If BTC comes to a certain level they will switch to altcoins wait for BTC price to fall and buy back cheaper BTC.

Yeah I am also kinda "scared" of bigger crash&correciton occuring in hte bitcoin price soon. The rally has been grea but it si not sustainable in the long term. It needs to ahve a correction and time to stabilize. But I also think that the money in crypto will not just disappear and instead it will move into ALTs. This is what I am looking at, trying to maximize my investment as it is.

My thinking is that this correciton is going to happen around 10k but it could be now, it could be at 8600, I don#t know. Maybe someone with some technical analysis skills could give a better estimate. For now I am looking at 10k and then moving to ALTs.

Though I am kinda sad I sold my (small) investment in ZCoin since it has had a nice rally as of late. But it is impossible to know which coin is going to rally, other coins have dropped somewhat since bitcoin went over 8k.

Keep the comments coming, really interesting to hear everyone opinion. Maybe as a community we can do what is impossible for any individual and predict what is going to happen in the coming month or two Smiley.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Tornand

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:44:54 PM

Yeah I am also kinda "scared" of bigger crash&correciton occuring in hte bitcoin price soon. The rally has been grea but it si not sustainable in the long term. It needs to ahve a correction and time to stabilize. But I also think that the money in crypto will not just disappear and instead it will move into ALTs. This is what I am looking at, trying to maximize my investment as it is.

My thinking is that this correciton is going to happen around 10k but it could be now, it could be at 8600, I don#t know. Maybe someone with some technical analysis skills could give a better estimate. For now I am looking at 10k and then moving to ALTs.

Though I am kinda sad I sold my (small) investment in ZCoin since it has had a nice rally as of late. But it is impossible to know which coin is going to rally, other coins have dropped somewhat since bitcoin went over 8k.

Keep the comments coming, really interesting to hear everyone opinion. Maybe as a community we can do what is impossible for any individual and predict what is going to happen in the coming month or two Smiley.
Unluckily I have bigger amounts in alts at the moment, so I am stuck to wait for the price to fall. But I am expecting every alt in the top 20 going up a lot in a BTC crash except LTC and Ripple. In the lower regions it is completely unpredictable at least for me.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:48:45 PM

I do not expect for bitcoin to reach 10K before January next year so I am holding all my alts for the meantime. I think bitcoin will have a correction before it reaches 10K. When that happens, alts will have a bull run and that is when I will sell my alts for bitcoin. I will make sure I make the most of it.

And ETH does not seems affected by the surge of bitcoin. It is currently on the rise as well.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:56:23 PM

10k Bitcoin upcoming is one thing for sure, only thing is that it is ridiculous that alts have to suffer from this, there are some many great projects that need a chance to break through and in my oppinion greedy and stupidity makes people dump them for a few extra dollars of bitcoin.

parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 07:57:30 PM

While Bitcoin price is rising Altcoin are just plain low for a long time due to people and investors are focusing too much in Bitcoin so Altcoin are just sitting in the corner.
But doesn't mean that Altcoin prices are not increasing but unlike Bitcoin's price increase is insane and that's made Bitcoin unique and Altcoins cannot increase their price like Bitcoin.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:03:17 PM

At the moment, I keep bitcoin to 8600. A lot of talk about $ 10,000. After 8600 I will look at the technical and fundamental analysis. I'm thinking of buying altkoins, I do not see the point of transferring bitcoin into a dollar, especially now, when usdt has problems.
I agree with your opinion. I am fairly confident that bitcoin will reach the 10k mark by the beginning of next year and I feel that 2018 will be even better when compared to 2017 for bitcoin and the crypto world on the whole. Just like you, I feel like converting some of my bitcoin into various altcoins which have been unveiled recently. It is a tempting proposition, but it is very risky as well since some alts might rally along with bitcoin in a bullish manner which would cause my altcoin investments to be in the red zone. Confusing decision indeed.
It is really confusing since we wont really know on where do prices would possibly go and come to think off that altcoins and bitcoin dont correlate their price anytime which there are really some alts do go along the way together with bitcoins price movement which would really give a win-win situation for both holder of bitcoin and altcoin.It is really risky but as an investor these kind of decisions would really depend if you can able to handle the risk or not.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:42:24 PM

Anyone feeling the way I am: Bitcoin is about to jump up to 10k!

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?
Bitcoin is growing tremendous amount of growth and if it continues to grow at this rate, 10k BTC is certain by end of this year. I would not recommend you to hold any altcoins as you can expect a blood bath in altcoin market when master of all crypto, Bitcoin will rise. I would only recommend you to hold onto your Bitcoins as you will be able to earn good returns in future.
Tornand

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

We have broken 8k and the next stop seems to be 10k. This would mean a 25% increase in the price. If Alts follow the pattern from before (Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x forks) we can expect a drop of 30-40% in the Alts. I will probably sell my Alts and wait for the coming drop. Or does anyone think that Alts will rise along with Bitcoin? What are your plans for the Alts in the coming week/month?
Bitcoin is growing tremendous amount of growth and if it continues to grow at this rate, 10k BTC is certain by end of this year. I would not recommend you to hold any altcoins as you can expect a blood bath in altcoin market when master of all crypto, Bitcoin will rise. I would only recommend you to hold onto your Bitcoins as you will be able to earn good returns in future.

But what are you recommending? To sell all alt coins now because of an upcoming blood bath? Ridiculous!
Everyone with alt coins has to hold now or will be in minus.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:56:54 PM

At the moment, I keep bitcoin to 8600. A lot of talk about $ 10,000. After 8600 I will look at the technical and fundamental analysis. I'm thinking of buying altkoins, I do not see the point of transferring bitcoin into a dollar, especially now, when usdt has problems.
I agree with your opinion. I am fairly confident that bitcoin will reach the 10k mark by the beginning of next year and I feel that 2018 will be even better when compared to 2017 for bitcoin and the crypto world on the whole. Just like you, I feel like converting some of my bitcoin into various altcoins which have been unveiled recently. It is a tempting proposition, but it is very risky as well since some alts might rally along with bitcoin in a bullish manner which would cause my altcoin investments to be in the red zone. Confusing decision indeed.

I sold some of the bitcoin to buy some alt coins from the market. This way, I create myself a portfolio which also includes other coins rather than bitcoin. Getting only with bitcoin was somehow risky for me.

If bitcoin goes up to $10k, I'll sell some more but little portions.
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:58:53 PM

I think BTC 10k is realistic target for euphoria market stage. Feels like we are in thrill right now.

For altcoins I expect huge upside moves, because there seems to be entering a lot of new money into crypto space.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:00:35 PM

It all depends in how fast the climb for Bitcoin will be. If it suddenly surges past every single major resistence, then a lot of people will dump alts to FOMO in the ride resulting in alts crashing like they did in antecipation to the 2x fork.

If it is a steady climb like its been happening the last few days (with corrections whenever it pumps up too fast), then i see quite a few alts maintaining their price, maybe even their ratio along the way.

cheburash

Activity: 196
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

Why everone  think that BTC will hit 10k$? any ideas or throughts? I don't think so, check google trends and see how popular Bitcoin now, it's a bubble, grows without any correction - not good for future.
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:23:38 PM

Previously, it really was that if bitkoyn grew in price, then at the time the violas fell down. However, the situation changes for many reasons. Recently, there was a trend that with the growth of bitcoin, the altcoyins also grew slightly, but not all. I hope that this trend will continue in the future. Due to the constant forks of bitcoin, the altcoins are very much deprived of attention, so the market of the crypto currency has undoubtedly warped toward bitcoin.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:32:54 PM

Previously, it really was that if bitkoyn grew in price, then at the time the violas fell down. However, the situation changes for many reasons. Recently, there was a trend that with the growth of bitcoin, the altcoyins also grew slightly, but not all. I hope that this trend will continue in the future. Due to the constant forks of bitcoin, the altcoins are very much deprived of attention, so the market of the crypto currency has undoubtedly warped toward bitcoin.

It is very likely, but it is unlikely to be 100% predictable. I have now invested a lot in ETH and I keep the coins. I think it's the best and easiest way. It does not require much work.
woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

I think alts will crash hard, just like they did when bitcoin rallied up because of the potential 2x fork. Everyone starts selling their coins for bitcoin to ride the wave and the price ends up crashing. Smart people will know the right time to leave and the right time to come back to alts.

Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:35:19 PM

I don't think alts have that much farther to fall, we're somewhere near the bottom.  Sure they can go a bit lower but they're not all suddenly going to go to 1 satoshi.  They fell so much previously because they were pumped to near ath levels for most of them.
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:00:55 AM

Many seem to think that ALTs can't go any lower. I think markets behave in such a way that just when you think a coin can't get any higher/lower it always goes a little bit more than you think. Most ALTS are now fairly pressed down since it has not been a good time for ALTs since August. I think we are finding a bottom right now but since markets normally goes against prediction (since otherwise everyone would make money and not just a select few) I "hope" ALTs will drop a bit further before finally rallying to new highs.

In the grand scheme of things, now might be a good time to get into ALTs since new highs will be coming (most probably) and we should be close to the bottom (most prbably). There might still be a drop left in the ALTs but compared to all time highs that drop should be small small. I am always searching for the elusive absolute bottom (which is almost impossible to hit) so I might miss out, but I will wait a bit more before moving to ALTs. What I am looking to accumalte later are: XRP, ARK, ZCoin, PAY, CVC as first choices. The I have some small caps that I want to start accumulating: QRL, NLC2 and ONION.

What are the ALTs you are looking at accumulating or HODL?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:43:10 AM

Yeah definitely, i feel like markets are definitely prepared to head to the next level now.

$10000 is already in sight. Actually prices in countries where the economy is in bad shape such as Zimbabwe is already over the $10k mark which is pretty good news. Whether this will influence altcoin price on a large scale is up to debate.

Personally i don't think that a 30-40% drop like you mentioned will happen. I would expect maximum of something like 10-20%.

Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:00:32 AM

Yeah definitely, i feel like markets are definitely prepared to head to the next level now.

$10000 is already in sight. Actually prices in countries where the economy is in bad shape such as Zimbabwe is already over the $10k mark which is pretty good news. Whether this will influence altcoin price on a large scale is up to debate.

Personally i don't think that a 30-40% drop like you mentioned will happen. I would expect maximum of something like 10-20%.

Just a note, which i think you also mean, when I talk about 30-40% drop then I mean the BTC sastoshi price of the ALT. Since money moves from ALTs to Bitcoin when Bitcoin shows strength and if Bitcoin jumps 20% and money is coming from ALTs then I just thought that some ALTs could drop 30-40% in BTC value.

But since the ALTs already have been very pressed a 30-40% drop I agree is unlikely but 10-20% as you say might be a more reasonable decrease.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: