Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🚀 VANYWHERE – World’s #1 Skill-sharing Platform on the Blockchain 🚀  (Read 8931 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johnmiles

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

Are those who pay skillers for services gonna also get some review,or grade?

Like buyer/seller rating on ebay?

I think it would be useful, but then again, if it's automatic charging, then buyer is always paying and can't "unpay"

How would this unpay part work - you would have to wait for some time to get your money back.
And I'm wondering if the prices will be affordable for users who don't have such a high living standard like US residents - people from poorer countries.

1st - The tokens for the service are sent to a smart contract for 48 hours for a cooling period, and not to the Skiller, only after the cooling period.
So you don't pay at all until you approve the quality of the service. If you open a dispute we have this 48 hours to decide. if you give 5 start for the service than the money sent immediately.

2nd - the Skiller sets his price per minute, and the market force of demand and supply will set it. Also there are Skillers and users from all around the world so the price range will be wide.

Won't this make it unfair?
I mean, in some countries where standard is low, some skillers will charge $3 for the same job a US citizen would ask $30
UncleT

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:05:45 PM

I think it would be useful, but then again, if it's automatic charging, then buyer is always paying and can't "unpay"

How would this unpay part work - you would have to wait for some time to get your money back.
And I'm wondering if the prices will be affordable for users who don't have such a high living standard like US residents - people from poorer countries.

1st - The tokens for the service are sent to a smart contract for 48 hours for a cooling period, and not to the Skiller, only after the cooling period.
So you don't pay at all until you approve the quality of the service. If you open a dispute we have this 48 hours to decide. if you give 5 start for the service than the money sent immediately.

2nd - the Skiller sets his price per minute, and the market force of demand and supply will set it. Also there are Skillers and users from all around the world so the price range will be wide.

Won't this make it unfair?
I mean, in some countries where standard is low, some skillers will charge $3 for the same job a US citizen would ask $30

Well, that-s capitalism for you Smiley But in a lot of those cases, there could be language barriers and specific region based needs/requirements that can't just be met by somebody out of that specific region.
Ranunculus2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:04:37 PM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy
constructive_criticism

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:02:54 PM

Also, have you considered putting auctions, so if there's an congestion of a certain skiller, people can opt to pay more

No, we don't want to put the Skiller time out to auction. He sets his own price and receive calls whenever he wants. If the demand is huge he can consider work more and / or change his price but its only up to him.

This is actually the best approach as it lets the Skiller earn money more on his terms than the app behaving as his boss Cheesy

Yes, this should be as flowy as it can. How do the calls work? Do you have to set a time in advance so that the skiller knows when to be available or will you be able to approach only the ones that are active (online) at the moment?
Diego_Armando (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:07:27 PM

How many skillers will the network support on release?

We already have dozens of Skillers signed to our platform. There is no limited number, and we certain it will be high.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:07:56 PM

Will Vanywhere app support some kind of extended reality features?

What do you mean?
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:09:47 PM

Are there clear ideas as of yet on how the services will be charged? Maybe I missed it somewhere but is it per minute/per session based on session price or differently if for example some Skiller has several skills to offer?

The Skiller sets its own price per minute. At this moment you can choose one vertical but in the brief you give about yourself you can share all your skills.

Can you please go into detail with this a bit? So it is not advised for a Skiller to have multiple accounts, one for each of her/his skills, rather have one primary skill and the others will be listed in the brief? When we search will those skills pop up like the main one?

A Skiller can only have one profile. He cant have multiple accounts, for reliability reason.
In case a Skiller have more than one skill to share, he will be able to mention it in the brief. But he will have to pick a major one.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:10:27 PM

Depends. Bad review can occur every once in a while, because it can be many times personal taste and lack of chemistry.
But after few bad reviews and disputes on the same Skiller from different users we will put an eye on it, and might decide to disqualify. And when we do it, its final/

So bad reviews can be disputed? Who determines if claim is justified?

This means every scammer will just dispoute their claims all the time

Its can't be done. We check each dispute manually and rely also upon history of Skiller and user.

Manually checking each dispute might become very demanding, needs a big human workforce.

We will do what it takes in order to keep it manually. Cant trust any computer doing this, and only internal work.

Any job openings in  the near future?  Smiley

Haha probably yes  Cheesy
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:11:42 PM

We will do what it takes in order to keep it manually. Cant trust any computer doing this, and only internal work.

You can always outsource it to 3rd world counties.
It's a win-win for you and for them, as it provides them steady jobs

At this point we will do it internal. Not outsourced, for security reason. of course we might reconsider all options in the future.
Empiretoken

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:11:59 PM

Great platform to monetise yor skills and talents, welldone.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:14:50 PM

How do non skiller people get vanywhere tokens to spend?
I mean except buying them from exchange

Maybe there will be option to buy tokens using cards,right there on the platform.

I really hope that there will be something like that, so vanywhere can spread among the people who are not really into crypto.

Vanywhere is a gateway to earn crypto to ANYONE

What is the skiller filtering process?

While everyone can apply to be a Skiller, not everyone will be accepted. After filling out a profile application, it is up to the Vanywhere community to audit, review and approve all Skillers. A set number of community members will need to approve each Skiller in order for their profile to become active. These community members will receive a rating based on the quality and quantity of Skillers who they approve. In exchange for their participation, community members will be rewarded with VANY tokens.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:15:28 PM

I see the potential of this but there probably has to always be a disclaimer because can be held liable if some advice guides somebody the wrong or even an illegal way of doing things?

Why would vanywhere be liable if something wrong happens?

Vanywhere is a decentralized platform, they can't be held liable. I am talking about the people giving advice and, more specifically, giving obvious wrong advice thereby leading to whatever damages. Who is responsible for damages/losses caused by wrong advice?

All Skillers need to accept terms and conditions.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:15:46 PM

Is the app banned in some countries or available world wide?

World wide.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:18:16 PM

I've read the first page of this project. So it means that if the users finally found someone who have the skills they are looking for, then the person they found will do the service for them? So if I am the user, it means the person I found will go to my place and do the job for me? That is how it works?

He will help you in what you need.
Want to learn to cook?
To open a crypto wallet?
To know what to wear to a party?

you find the right skiller with the relevant Skill and they help you in what you need, on a live 1 on 1 video call, or chat.

That's what I like about this project - so many possibilities and it's up to you how you gonna use it.
I think this project will have a little difficulty in finding customers because is there anyone will make a call or find somebody online to teach them in the things they want to know? I don't think so, because now a days if a person want to know something or want to improve something, probably they will visit youtube, google or any other sites that can help them. I just thought of it.

Well we believe that in many cases people that search online still prefer to talk to a live person on the other side. Think about something difficult of frustrating, like open a crypto wallet or cooking a meal - won't you prefer someone that master it on the other side? Guiding you thru the process?

We made a huge test on Apple's customer support and the demand was huge! People was willing to pay for getting an assistance from a real live person.
And nowadays, time IS money. So search for a solution on line might take hours, you get Millions of results from Google while all you needed was one.
Yeah I get it. I know that this project is quite unique but what I am just saying, maybe the team will have difficulties finding customers. Aside from that, how do we know if the details/information comes to the person we talked with the reliable, efficient and true?

You mean like, how do we know that skiller is giving you correct information? I guess you will notice pretty soon if for example, some solution or info a skiller gives you doesn't work. Then you will make him or her a bad review and after several of those they would be disqualified.
So it means even you are agreeing with me that there is a possibility that the skiller will not give me a reliable information? And I will not noticed immediately that the skiller does not give me a correct info because I need to try it first before I conclude that the info is reliable? I am just criticizing this project in order for the others to completely understand how this project works, I am not a hater of it. Just sayin'

There is always the risk that someone who is giving you lesson is actually giving you false information.For example,you pay for language course in real life,or math,how do you know you are getting correct info?

And community will soon sort the ones who dont have adequate skills anyway.
Yeah there is always a risk for that, but there is a way to eliminate that problem little by little. Someone here said that if the skiller will give a false info, he/she can be report to the admin immediately. In that way, no one will give a troll information.

Im sure Vanywhere will sort the scammers fast and efficiently.
Yeah I guess also that the team already have a remedy about it and they can handle it. But all in all, this platform is good and I will take an eye for this. Goodluck for the team.

We check all disputes manually, and every user can dispute.
There isn't any feasibility for scammers on this platform.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:22:03 PM

I see the potential of this but there probably has to always be a disclaimer because can be held liable if some advice guides somebody the wrong or even an illegal way of doing things?

Why would vanywhere be liable if something wrong happens?

Vanywhere is a decentralized platform, they can't be held liable. I am talking about the people giving advice and, more specifically, giving obvious wrong advice thereby leading to whatever damages. Who is responsible for damages/losses caused by wrong advice?

I guess the Skiller has to be liable then.Customer protection should be priority,withiut that this platform wont be success.

Exactly.
The Skiller goes thru a KYC and the community members accept him to the platform.
We use the blockchain advantages for customer protection.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:22:26 PM

So payment is only through tokens? Won't have an option for BTC directly?

Only VANY tokens.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:23:36 PM

Will Vanywhere app support some kind of extended reality features?

You mean like VR?

I'm also curious what you mean by this - how would you describe the extended reality feature?

It's like the latest pokemon game for example. So the virtual object is displayed in a real environment and you are able to interact with it.

Our platform is for a live 1 on 1 calls between a Skiller and a user, so not relevant to us.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:24:38 PM

Will there be a paid listing for skillers?

Skiilers will be able to advertise themselves but never to pay for a review.

So only community rating will be the main factor?

Yes.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:25:45 PM

Will users who constantly open disputes and give low rating gooing to be removed too?

Yes. In each dispute we check the history of both sides.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:27:07 PM

Will users who constantly open disputes and give low rating gooing to be removed too?

I hope there will be some way to protect Skillers from users too,who will want to get cheaper price,or even blackmail Skillers.

Sure this is why check both sides. We do manually check of credibly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: