Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🚀 VANYWHERE – World’s #1 Skill-sharing Platform on the Blockchain 🚀  (Read 8931 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SRBYN

Activity: 276
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:12:07 AM

I am jst thrilled to see vanywhere because few years back i did my fyp called it myTalent (mvp).

I believe on this idea and Vanywhere.  waiting for the token sale..

Yeah myTalent seems like it has the same idea as Vanywhere

Yeah ,there are few competitors,but i doubt any one of them is at this stage where Vanywhere is ,after 2 years of development.

Thats true,most of them started ICO with only whitepaper and some basic idea,and here we have almost done product.Thats completely different approach.
Nobtcforyou

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:30:30 AM

I am jst thrilled to see vanywhere because few years back i did my fyp called it myTalent (mvp).

I believe on this idea and Vanywhere.  waiting for the token sale..

Yeah myTalent seems like it has the same idea as Vanywhere

Yeah ,there are few competitors,but i doubt any one of them is at this stage where Vanywhere is ,after 2 years of development.

Thats true,most of them started ICO with only whitepaper and some basic idea,and here we have almost done product.Thats completely different approach.

Exactly,that shows that this is not just some money grab,as a lot of  ICO are basically that.
Spomenka

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:20:46 AM

How is the skiller check done?
I mean, anyone can claim to be a master of anything, and as such scam and even hurt people

Maybe Vanywhere could require some kind of video application,where Skiller would say few things about himself,show some certificat or something like that.But that could be way too complicated and it might discourage people from appliying as Skiller.
Vargistkrieg

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:18:16 AM

I mean, anyone can claim to be a master of anything, and as such scam and even hurt people

Maybe Vanywhere could require some kind of video application,where Skiller would say few things about himself,show some certificat or something like that.But that could be way too complicated and it might discourage people from appliying as Skiller.

That would turn away a bunch of potential skillers. You could get scammed in everyday life all the time. Even if someone has proof on paper that he is capable of doing a certain job, that does not mean they will do it correctly.
constructive_criticism

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:41:32 AM

That would turn away a bunch of potential skillers. You could get scammed in everyday life all the time. Even if someone has proof on paper that he is capable of doing a certain job, that does not mean they will do it correctly.

It's going to be tough at the beginning, most of it will have to go on trust, but when the reviews start coming in, that will be enough. But that gets me thinking. when the platform evolves and we get a bunch of verified skillers with positive reviews, how will that affect newcomers?
cmdr1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:48:44 AM

It's going to be tough at the beginning, most of it will have to go on trust, but when the reviews start coming in, that will be enough. But that gets me thinking. when the platform evolves and we get a bunch of verified skillers with positive reviews, how will that affect newcomers?

You're right - for the newcomers it will be even harder to establish themselves.
descuri

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:53:42 AM

I def agree with you on this one - you can have as many levels of certification as you like but it can still be a scam.
hyunpark

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:32:47 AM

If too complicated process for Skiller, many people decide not participate.
TheRedKing

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:50:35 AM

You're right - for the newcomers it will be even harder to establish themselves.

Maybe if the App has so many users the high level Skillers would not be able to cater to the demand, then we could see an opening for new Skillers as same as in the beginning.
UncleT

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:17:27 PM

I wonder how many people that interacted with skillers and learned something new will, in turn, become skillers for just that.
Diego_Armando (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:49:58 PM

Great project, how do you ensure services are paid for after delivery? When are expecting the app on Android? Goodluck

This is why we use smart contracts!
To make sure the user pays and the Skiller delivered.

Android - later this year.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

And since there are many noobs,those Skillers will be in high demand.

Can I be a skiller related to ETH mining and rig setup?

Yes!
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:53:42 PM

Great project, how do you ensure services are paid for after delivery? When are expecting the app on Android? Goodluck

Because you will pay first i guess,as user.

Does it say somewhere that you pay first or is that your assumption? I was wondering that myself and don't know if I missed it in the whitepaper. But, how else could it work besides that, it's the only logical conclusion.

The money goes to the smart contract.
It goes automatically to the Skiller in case of a 5 star review.
In case of a dispute it stays in the smart contract till we review it.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

Does it say somewhere that you pay first or is that your assumption? I was wondering that myself and don't know if I missed it in the whitepaper. But, how else could it work besides that, it's the only logical conclusion.

How i see it is that you will pay for the service that Skiller will provide,but he wont have access to those funds instantly,because  if you rate him below 5/5 you will go into dispute process where funds will be locked for 48 hours,untill dispute is resolved.So in a way both Skiller and user are protected.

So i guess its something like Ebay ,the way buyer is protected?

More protected. We provide 100% trustworthy reviews mechanism.
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:56:42 PM

How i see it is that you will pay for the service that Skiller will provide,but he wont have access to those funds instantly,because  if you rate him below 5/5 you will go into dispute process where funds will be locked for 48 hours,untill dispute is resolved.So in a way both Skiller and user are protected.

Will community be part of the dispute process,or it will be  only done by Vanywhere team?

Only internal
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:00:42 PM

What is VANY/ETH rate during ICO?

I think 1 VANY=$0.05  while total supply is 800000000 VANY tokens. I would say reasonable price and token supply.

What I would like to know though is how much  exactly is for sale?

The allocation is as follow:
50% - Crowd
23% - Company
13% - Team - Vesting quarterly over 2 years
14% - Bounty, partners, advisors

Can we know untill when bounty campaign will last,i couldnt find that info.Usually its till end of ICO,but just wanted to ask exact date,if possible.And also,do you plan any airdrops in the near future?

Till end of token sale
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:01:16 PM

The Skiller can decide whether he wants to give up to 5 minutes free. Its good in order to check if they match. And in case that the 5 minutes free was enough for the whole service the user can tip the Skiller and everyone will be happy  Grin

How do you prevent people from abusing this 5 minute grace period?

We don't. its up to the Skiller to give them. If the Skiller notice that the user is not serious he can end the call immediately.

I see. Is the call charged per second or?

Yes
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

How has UBIQ partnership benefited this project?

Do you mean Qtum?

Yes, my mistake. It was Qtum

So the benefit was huge! Qtum blockchain is faster and cheaper. Also its a strong community, which we see as highest value.

Oh so they have a separate blockchain?

Yes
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:02:04 PM

The Skiller can decide whether he wants to give up to 5 minutes free. Its good in order to check if they match. And in case that the 5 minutes free was enough for the whole service the user can tip the Skiller and everyone will be happy  Grin

How do you prevent people from abusing this 5 minute grace period?

Thats why i would like to see some kind of comments for users too,where Skillers could see such a thing.So for example if user  often abuse this thing,other Skillers would be able to see that and simply reject the call and save the time.

But he would have to fill some documentation on why he did it no?
And i'm guessing in that case, the last 60 seconds of the video are recorded for inspection by admins?

No we don't record. We will be able to track users thru their history. And also Skillers can report abuse.

What kind of history do you keep?

Engagements, reviews
Diego_Armando (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:03:41 PM

Sir,

How is one sells basket weave as skills on this platforms?
[/quote

Anything that can be done from distance and with a camera  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: