Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2051 times)
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:20:30 PM

Cryptocurrency and fiat currency are two very distinct currencies with different concepts and usage. With this, it can be said that one cannot replace the other. But even when crypto tends to dominate fiat in the future, it can still be said that fiat would still be in existence, to make other transactions.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CinemaAI

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

Cryptocurrency and fiat currency are two very distinct currencies with different concepts and usage. With this, it can be said that one cannot replace the other. But even when crypto tends to dominate fiat in the future, it can still be said that fiat would still be in existence, to make other transactions.

Agreed... the perfect analogy is Gold vs. Fiat.  Gold used to be the main currency. But over time, Fiat came to dominate Gold. Gold never went away and it's still a haven in times of panic.

Same thing will happen to Fiat.  If Cryptos eventually come to dominate, then Fiats won't disappear, but may take a back seat.
Zunaid

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:23:53 PM

I think its not possible at this moment but if it happen then it will take many years to implementation. I think also  that if any cryptocurrency replace fait money it will bitcoin.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:56:22 AM

It's possible to happen, but we all know that the Government always do something to avoid Cryptocurrency, if they can't, well they always issue a regulation in using CryptoCurrency it is because, Government ever since is creating a Centralized Currency, they always benefits in this kind of work, it is a Countries regulation to maintain a high income economy. Bitcoin is a choice of a person, it is a decentralized Digital currency, people can live in a fiat money even without bitcoin, but we choose bitcoin for it's decentralized beauty. It's possible, and it is Bitcoin.
totem-i

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:34:09 AM

i'm pretty sure it will become a alternative, elites of each countries won't put crypto currencies in front to replace fiat currencies.
As said, i hope citizens will chose the decentralization over everything, social media, websites, marketplace etc
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:41:44 AM

if crypto will replace the regular fiat money will be a question that will be answered by time but if i was to say or talk about it i will definitely say a big yes because the simple characteristic called decentralization been the major idea behind the technology is the  reason why everybody wants to get involved.
Hippos4ever

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:46:09 AM

No way people will always trust their respective governments to a certain extent.
Blekok001

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:14:10 AM

I'm not sure it will happen in the near future, because many factors cause crypto difficulties to replace fiat money, including :
1. Still the limited amount of Bitcoin in comparison to the population, will Bitcoin increase the amount?
2. If this happens there is already government intervention or ruler over the existence of crypto, I think this will be a big problem as it is against the nature of the crypto world that does not involve a third party.
3. Even though we are in the modern era, I'm sure there are still many community groups who can not access the Internet, etc. Which is the main access to become part of the world of crypto.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:39:46 AM

No way people will always trust their respective governments to a certain extent.

There is a big possibility that cryptocurrency might replace fiat in the near future, our technology is evolving and having fiat in the near future seems too old for a bigger technology, and that is what the majority wants, to have cryptocurrency as the currency that we are going to use in the near future for more convinient and for the new experience that we could have on using cryptocurrency as the new fiat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:44:48 AM

I agree with that crypto will replace fiat money but i think it is too long for that it will happen, with crypto business transaction will be faster ever through online and no corruption will be made with this because there is no government officials involve.
yakafi

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:56:39 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

I think It is possible, because In the future, crypto will dominate. Crypto will be needed, thats the reason why.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:59:34 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
To reach an idea where crypto money replaces fiat money in my opinion still requires various stages, because not all of the world's population can already operate Bitcoin especially for those in tarap of lower class life where their life is much poorer, they still need fiat money for the cost their day-to-day life. Before Bitcoin can replace fiat money, every country must first prosper the people.
Fintan Lee

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:56:20 AM

Yes definitely I have no doubt a out it. This is the cyber age so a cyber currency makes sense and there already is an infrastructure and its name is Bitcoin and runs on blockchain. The future is here today. It's only a matter of time before everyone jumps aboard. It might not be bitcoin but crypto for sure will be used instead of fiat in the future.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:35:32 AM

I dont think cryptocurrency can take fiat money place in a country. Government or central banks must be want to control currency supply and crypto basicly using decentralized system that can not control by any authorities

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:40:20 AM

I agree with that crypto will replace fiat money but i think it is too long for that it will happen, with crypto business transaction will be faster ever through online and no corruption will be made with this because there is no government officials involve.
it takes a lot of time actually yes there is a possibility that in the near future there is a chance that fiat may overcome by bitcoin and we can be able to used this we should wait for it.
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:52:23 AM

That is possible if every country in this world has a good economic growth. Every country have internet, devices and technology. Crypto transaction can be made thru online only. If a country don't have those, then, they cannot.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Ronni

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:44:35 AM

For me no... because fiat money is still the one who are being used by people and this is like the "traditional" way of transacting money, crypto can be an alternative and not a replacement for fiat money. Crypto will always be there but it cannot replace fiat money.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:47:32 AM

That is possible if every country in this world has a good economic growth. Every country have internet, devices and technology. Crypto transaction can be made thru online only. If a country don't have those, then, they cannot.
That's the disadvantage, it wont work in the place where technology still not that advance, Fiat still the basic currency that they can only use, though crypto can be an alternative and those developed countries can easily adopt the reality still depends from how countries will see the potentials and how they will
completely absorb the technology.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:59:24 AM

Cryptocurrency will not replace the fiat money because the fiat money are backed and supported by the government and that is the reason why we can't expected that cryoptocurrency will just replace the fiat money because it is not also a stable currency since its market is so volatile and not the best for pricing.
Saveralll

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:00:56 AM

I think It is possible, because In the future, crypto will dominate. Crypto will be needed, thats the reason why.
it will not happen because fiat money is more trusted by society and has been used since ancient times. crypto can only be used when there is internet network while money can be used directly without using internet network.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: