Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money?  (Read 2051 times)
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 01:38:50 AM

It has been a talk for years since the rise of bitcoin's popularity and its usage bringing forth the vision being written on Satoshi Nakamoto's White Paper. But despite bitcoin's success, we can't deny one of its major drawbacks that we can not really use or make any transaction on the blockchain when we are not connect online. With that, i also think that a cashless society is unlikely to happen in the future if these drawbacks remain unsolved.

jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:40:00 AM

If I`m not mistaken some country are planning to be no cash money country, so in that point I think crypto will replace piat money maybe by using cards and other form of transactions through crypto world.

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:44:29 AM

It will not replace fiat money but fiat money will be replaced by other type of currency. Many people in the world are facing many trouble when they use fiat money. Inflation, unpractical, slow, virus spreading/atleast germs, and low intrinsic value are worst thing about fiat money. May be will back to use gold as medium of exchange, or maybe cryptocurrency that based on gold.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:04:48 AM

Nope, Crypto is too complicated to be used as regular money. One mistype and your money is gone forever.

Banks and crypto should go hand in hand for a better world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
beckham88

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:08:33 AM

Yes it will replace fiat in the ner future.  When that time comes bitcoin and altcoin holders will greatly rejoice.
Mentari78

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:15:03 AM

Cryptocurrency is very difficult to replace fiat currency, which will happen maybe blockchain will be used for interbank transactions as conventional currency. Cryptocurrency serves only as transaction token.
letua

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:22:25 AM

If we will see the adoption of bitcoin in one country and another country. There will have a massive news about cryptocurrency. If almost human knows about crypto we are at hand of the crypto revolution in the world, probably that will be the perfect time to turn your fiat to crypto. While we are not there stay tuned and secure your money.
cahgantenx

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:26:05 AM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
Perhaps the next 10 years the digital currency can replace the fiat currency because the future of the world will be a digital system. Inevitably all aspects must follow the development of the existing era
Roadarks02

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:08:49 PM

Cryptocurrency is very difficult to replace fiat currency, which will happen maybe blockchain will be used for interbank transactions as conventional currency. Cryptocurrency serves only as transaction token.

The crypto will not replace the fiat money since the cypto is volatile and it is not legal in some country. Also the government and the bank will disapprove in replacing fiat money with crypto. Maybe in the next decades where the technology is more advance.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:26:29 PM

I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

It can be possible but not in near future,Still cryptocurrency is illegal in many countries over all the globe and majority of population unaware about crypto.When coomon people demand it in majority government take it serious to allow common people get benefit.So there should be seminars to aware the people about the crypto that government realize and make it as legal.
The coins you mentioned i think no one will took place may be Bitcoin will be the global currency.
Elmughni

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:30:55 PM

I think It is possible. Crypto will replace fiat money. In the future Crypto currency will dominate in the transactions.
RKSummer

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:37:45 PM

Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

I don't think that crypto can replace fiat money. Fiat will still be used eventhough cryptocurrency specifically Bitcoin to become the future currency, because fiat (traditional currency) is one of the identity of country, it can't be replaced.  And not all government accepts crypto. And actually some of them banned the use of cryptocurrencies.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
edszel003

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:18:58 PM

I think it's a no. Cryptocurrency is digital based on blockchain technology, not all will be able to use digital currency. While fiat money is issued by the government which is traceble and taxable.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

I think it's a no. Cryptocurrency is digital based on blockchain technology, not all will be able to use digital currency. While fiat money is issued by the government which is traceble and taxable.
Agree, Cryptocurrency can never replace the traditional currency becasue of some disadvantages like crypto cannot be transacted without internet connection and fluctuation of market value during payment.
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:04:17 PM

I think crypto will not replace fiat money, paper money will still be used for daily transactions and cryptocurrency used for online transactions.

addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

In future, probably. But, it is still unclear how could it be done and what crypto will dominate. Maybe bitcoin will be the first one to be able to use in real transactions. But among those alts, maybe eth could be the tough competitor of bitcoin. It could also be the one who can replace some of the fiat currently in the circulation. There are even highly corrupt nation that establish their own crypto to eliminate the malpractice.
yarahman

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:32:20 PM

I think In the future it will happen. Maybe about 5 years again.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:40:41 PM

To be honest, I don't see cryptocurrencies replacing fiat currencies anytime in the near future because the basic requirement to use cryptocurrencies is associated with the knowledge of using modern devices and we don't have the high literacy rate when it comes to the technology on a global scale thus some people will always use fiat currency irrespective of the benefits of cryptocurrencies. However, on the other hand, I do see exponential growth in the user base of crypto too and we will see cryptocurrencies will gain a place as one of the major players in the fund transfer industry.
jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

Yes it could be possible that cryptocurrency could replace fiat money in some areas like having an online transactions as some of the ICO projects now are introducing crypto token utilization on some of their products and services offered for means of comfort in doing transactions. Actually it is already being used online in a centralized form of currency but people are complaining for high transaction fee so that is why decentralization of cryptocurrency has been introduced.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:47:46 PM

They are different from each other sir. This is the common mistake of people in the crypto world, they try to compare two different currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: